NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 14

L-Jimmy
    L-Jimmy

2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 14 - Page 29 Empty Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 14

Post by L-Jimmy Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:15 am

Any thoughts on the playing 17? I'm a bit worried about Lodge and TPJ's scores against a great Cowboys pack, particularly with WayneAlmighty banning offloads.

Smith
    NAS Arrow
    Griffin RFM Kikau
    JT Croft
    GI Jayne
    Teddy-Pong Thompson

Cook Lichaa Carty Havili
    Lodge TPJ Douhickey Issako
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 14 - Page 29 Empty Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 14

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:15 am

I would like to get Douehi this round now. Can I have an extra bench spot lol
    lewis9966
    lewis9966

Post by lewis9966 Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:16 am

wolfking wrote:What are Katoa owners that were running him in their back 3 doing?  I've gone Thompson and I think I'm happy to run him in the back 3.

I can play him or Kennar, can't decide which to run with. I am siding with Thompson so far unless I am persuaded otherwise
    Fortitude
    Fortitude

Post by Fortitude Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:17 am

Thickshake wrote:

That seems like a fallacy to me. If you attributed both trades to Thompson, then the people you trade out to get him and trade in when you sell him disappear into a black hole.

I look at my Katoa>Thompson trade as a trade spent on Katoa, rather than a trade spent on Thompson. I need to be making as much money as I can, and Katoa is now useless for that purpose, at least until Rd 10 or so. I have to choose someone, it just happens to be Thompson.

I'll assess Thompson on how much money he makes between now and when I trade him out, nothing to do with this trade to get him in. Whoever I bring in for him will similarly be assessed on either how much money they make (if they're a cow) or how many points they score (if it's to a keeper).

Yep, I get your point. You cant leave a spot blank so bringing a guy in is the trade that counts, not moving one on.

Its 9am. Public servants don't start using all their brain until at least 11.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:17 am

Blindside wrote:Just wanted to post and say thank you to everyone who is posting so much great information. As a blind person who relies on accessibility to play the game I am fucked. #FailHub My wife managed to set my team before game one and then I couldn’t do anything all weekend on the app or mobile website. She is thrilled that she is now having to fix my teams problems! I just wish the useless bastards running this game would fix the accessibility. Since my first email in January to them and my latest which was yesterday if the numbers are sequential there have been over 3000 emails!  I have vented so much on Twitter that tweets now just get ignored. Typical response from the Muppets at the NRL. This includes scout.  Oh, and to make my weekend worse I played the sharks guy who broke his jaw and Croaker went off for head injury assessment! #FML   Just realised over the last week how much I really enjoyed this game and how much I hate #FailHub  rant over! Feeling better! ????

Great post mate. Glad we are helping you out, that makes coming on here in itself worth while. Hopefully some better luck for you this weekend. Don't decisions you're not sure on, post them up and we can give you some advice. We are not experts but love the game and all of us have valid opinions and thoughts no matter how different they are.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:17 am

Not sure if its worth mentioning - Ash Taylor sat out training yesterday with a hamstring complaint, with Carty training in the halves with Elgey. Titans insist Ash will be fine though and should train in the captains run. If Ash is fine though, I would of thought Carty needs all the training he can get in the middle third..
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:18 am

Blindside wrote:Just wanted to post and say thank you to everyone who is posting so much great information. As a blind person who relies on accessibility to play the game I am fucked. #FailHub My wife managed to set my team before game one and then I couldn’t do anything all weekend on the app or mobile website. She is thrilled that she is now having to fix my teams problems! I just wish the useless bastards running this game would fix the accessibility. Since my first email in January to them and my latest which was yesterday if the numbers are sequential there have been over 3000 emails!  I have vented so much on Twitter that tweets now just get ignored. Typical response from the Muppets at the NRL. This includes scout.  Oh, and to make my weekend worse I played the sharks guy who broke his jaw and Croaker went off for head injury assessment! #FML   Just realised over the last week how much I really enjoyed this game and how much I hate #FailHub  rant over! Feeling better! ????

Blindside, if it's any consolation, the app and website are causing problems for everyone, not just blind people.
    And almost everyone played broken jaw Sharks guy, you are not a loner in that regard.

Biggest thanks to your wife for helping out.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:19 am

Reklaw wrote:So, for those without Murray already or doing some form of SST>Murray trade this week/next, what's the plan?

Seems like we can wait at least a week to see what Murray's minutes look like, but could be a must have soon. Personally, I'm thinking Harris>Murray next week - which is painful given Tohu played 80. Otherwise, a Cartwright>cheapie would fund an upgrade of one of my 16 mid range forwards (Arrow/Lodge/RFM/Rochow/Griffin) all of which have money to make T_T

I'd hold Harris.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:20 am

lewis9966 wrote:

I can play him or Kennar, can't decide which to run with. I am siding with Thompson so far unless I am persuaded otherwise

Yeah, I'm happy to run him, got Kennar in my centres. Isaako on the bench but don't trust him to score well against the cows.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:21 am

my tv broke wrote:Not sure if its worth mentioning - Ash Taylor sat out training yesterday with a hamstring complaint, with Carty training in the halves with Elgey. Titans insist Ash will be fine though and should train in the captains run. If Ash is fine though, I would of thought Carty needs all the training he can get in the middle third..

Good to see, means if one of the halves are ever out, Carty to 6 or 7 is first choice which would mean Arrow to lock.
    Fortitude
    Fortitude

Post by Fortitude Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:25 am

Oh man, don't let Archer see this. At least its not Croacker.

@blindside I feel your pain with Croker. I'm going to just ride it out, no intention to trade him all season.
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:26 am

wolfking wrote:

Good to see, means if one of the halves are ever out, Carty to 6 or 7 is first choice which would mean Arrow to lock.

Carty in the halves would be A+
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:28 am

Fortitude wrote:

Does the whole "1trade is woth 150k" idea consider the fact that you only get the value of the money increase if you then sell them? so its 2trades equals 150k?

The $X per trade idea (when I've seen it calculated and not just pulling numbers from the air) comes from looking at your starting salary cap. Then estimating the value of what your final team should look like. Find the difference and divide by number of trades (keeping a few trade spare for trading injured keepers rather than for cash generation)

There are other ways of valuing trades, looking at point production of guy trading out vs guy trading in, and number of rounds remaining, cater in any current and expected future price difference and use magic number to convert points difference. Gets a bit complicated, and I'm not sure if anyone has done any in depth analysis going down this path.
    Chucky
    Chucky

Post by Chucky Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:29 am

wolfking wrote:What are Katoa owners that were running him in their back 3 doing?  I've gone Thompson and I think I'm happy to run him in the back 3.
    I played Katoa and have no cover at WFB/CTR.
    I'm trading him to Isaako.
    I'm also hoping Darius is out and Isaako plays fullback.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:32 am

Chucky wrote:
    I played Katoa and have no cover at WFB/CTR.
    I'm trading him to Isaako.
    I'm also hoping Darius is out and Isaako plays fullback.

Darius will be out, soon enough.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:33 am

Fortitude wrote:

Does the whole "1trade is woth 150k" idea consider the fact that you only get the value of the money increase if you then sell them? so its 2trades equals 150k?

I wouldn't worry too much about that. I would say that is the next guy's problem, he needs to make 150k and then the next guy after that each one making 150k and costing one trade. Some trades don't even make money, in can be to bring in a gun which might make nothing. It's just a rough guide which in practice seems to work quite well.

Edit: What Thickshake said

Last edited by mulvy on Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:35 am; edited 1 time in total
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:35 am

I'm going to keep him for now and loop Hiku/Thompson each week.
    See if I can earn some extra points out of it, and if it makes up for the lost cash generation
    Thickshake
    Thickshake

Post by Thickshake Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:38 am

L-Jimmy wrote:Any thoughts on the playing 17? I'm a bit worried about Lodge and TPJ's scores against a great Cowboys pack, particularly with WayneAlmighty banning offloads.

Smith
    NAS Arrow
    Griffin RFM Kikau
    JT Croft
    GI Jayne
    Teddy-Pong Thompson

Cook Lichaa Carty Havili
    Lodge TPJ Douhickey Issako

I would 100% play one of Lodge or TPJ instead of Havili. If Havili gets 30 minutes again and doesn't jag a try this time, he'll struggle to break 25. Both Lodge and TPJ look safe with their minutes, expect 35+ for them.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:42 am

The banning of offloads was a bit overblown imo. They don't want to kill his game, it was moreso "the forwards need to set a platform first, and play the fancy stuff second". Which is fair game and would apply to any team.

If I had TPJ I'd definitely be playing him, and expecting around 40 again.
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:44 am

Milchcow wrote:

I'm going to keep him for now and loop Hiku/Thompson each week.
    See if I can earn some extra points out of it, and if it makes up for the lost cash generation

How does looping Hiku/Thompson work?

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:09 pm