NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 14

White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 14 - Page 15 Empty Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 14

Post by White Lightning Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:32 am

I've decided to fix my halves & I'm passing on Kikau & Thompson. Who needs Kikau when I have JFH haha. My 2 trades will be the old 1 gun in & 1 cash cow in approach & will probably be:
    Croft out - Doueihi in
    SST out - Cleary in

Will give me:
    Smith (c)
    Arrow, Lodge
    J-Trbo, N. Brown, Cartwright
    Cleary, Doueihi
    Mitchell, Kennar
    Tedesco, Ponga, Isaako

Cook, Griffin, Rochow, JFH
    L. Croker, Havili, Nicholls, Katoa

Thoughts & thanks.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 14 - Page 15 Empty Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 14

Post by wolfking Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:35 am

White Lightning wrote:I've decided to fix my halves & I'm passing on Kikau & Thompson. Who needs Kikau when I have JFH haha. My 2 trades will be the old 1 gun in & 1 cash cow in approach & will probably be:
    Croft out - Doueihi in
    SST out - Cleary in

Will give me:
    Smith (c)
    Arrow, Lodge
    J-Trbo, N. Brown, Cartwright
    Cleary, Doueihi
    Mitchell, Kennar
    Tedesco, Ponga, Isaako

Cook, Griffin, Rochow, JFH
    L. Croker, Havili, Nicholls, Katoa

Thoughts & thanks.

I wouldn't do that first one.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:36 am

Blain wrote:Must haves this week out of Kikau, Doeuihi, Thompson and lill Papa?

Kikau obviously. Thinking Thompson as the other, Papa is a little riskier with Mannering coming back (possibly at Lock though) and Doeuihi a wait and see?

And who should I cut - Lodge or Arrow. Hard call, Cartwright was rubbish, thinking Arrow might move into lock when Wallace is back, or the bench. Lodge has more safety, and should make a bit more guaranteed cash?

HELP Shocked

Kearney did say prior to round one that pa'pa was taking mannerings place. But things may change if Papa keeps going well, Manners may just go back to 13

Kikau - he is a bit of an unknown but my gut feel is he continues to find ways to score points, my gut feel is often wrong..

Thompson - I'm not sure he's a must have, but he probably scores 25-30 avg from here on (in my opinion). He is also in Nofo's right wing spot, so assuming Nofo comes back, does Thompson move to left? Or does he miss out. It seems like Thompson will stay in the 13 somewhere though and MWZ would drop out.

Doeuhi - I might be buying into the hype here but I just reckon he will go well.

Kikau probably 1st, Thompson and Douehi is a bit of a split, Thompson probably has more job security especially if you need a WFB.

Last edited by my tv broke on Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:38 am; edited 1 time in total
    Thickshake
    Thickshake

Post by Thickshake Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:37 am

Fortitude wrote:Anyone else who went with the Guns and Cows approach, concerned about the real lack of quality cows? Most of the Cows that scored well, seem to have questions marks over them still. All I can see is having to do bulk trades in the next month.

Most of those question marks are fantasy players overthinking things.

Kikau basically won the game for Penrith, he's a powerful beast and he'll continue to play a decent role. Thompson looked solid as, the coach talked him up, and it's not like he scored a hat trick, it's not unreasonable to think he can score 30's. Croker looked good, don't see any JS issues for him, will score well in some games. Isaako could get squeezed out by Bird, but there should be plenty of opportunities for games with Boyd/Kahu injury prone. Kennar seems safe. Hiku will surely jag some decent scores. Not sure about Nicholls and Havili, but they will both keep getting games and will make some cash. Papalii, Sao, Tanginoa all might be affected by returning players, but they'll make some decent cash. And now we have Doughy who seemingly will be great if you believe the hype on here.

The likes of Cartwright, Wiliiams and Rochow as almost cows went fairly well.

I think you should be pretty happy, as long as you didn't pick Leilua pretty much every other cow has an even chance to go well.
    Warriors
    Warriors

Post by Warriors Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:40 am

wolfking wrote:

This makes a lot of sense.  I already have Murray so replace Murray with Kikau and I think I've talked myself into those two trades.  I also think cash generation is key.  Leaves me with 294K to get get a gun later on.

Would you trade SST before Lichaa?

I would probably trade Lichaa first as SST plays round 13
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:41 am

Thickshake wrote:

Most of those question marks are fantasy players overthinking things.

Kikau basically won the game for Penrith, he's a powerful beast and he'll continue to play a decent role. Thompson looked solid as, the coach talked him up, and it's not like he scored a hat trick, it's not unreasonable to think he can score 30's. Croker looked good, don't see any JS issues for him, will score well in some games. Isaako could get squeezed out by Bird, but there should be plenty of opportunities for games with Boyd/Kahu injury prone. Kennar seems safe. Hiku will surely jag some decent scores. Not sure about Nicholls and Havili, but they will both keep getting games and will make some cash. Papalii, Sao, Tanginoa all might be affected by returning players, but they'll make some decent cash. And now we have Doughy who seemingly will be great if you believe the hype on here.

The likes of Cartwright, Wiliiams and Rochow as almost cows went fairly well.

I think you should be pretty happy, as long as you didn't pick Leilua pretty much every other cow has an even chance to go well.

Even, RFM and Griffin could be mentioned, albeit higher prices.
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:41 am

Hey Lads, I am in a bit of a pickle.

Is it too late to get Griffin in? I desperately need Ponga so French -> Ponga is my first trade this week.
    Should I go TPJ -> Griffin with my other trade or should I worry more about something like Godinet -> Thompson?

Doeuihi can wait a week I think before I pull the trigger on him.

I am thinking, get Thompson in this week before he gets too much cash on him, and then next week whoever doesn’t perform (i.e. Carty, TPJ, Lichaa) trade for Griffin?

Thoughts?

Or should I just bite the bullet and accept I don't get Griffin?
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:43 am

Warriors wrote:

I would probably trade Lichaa first as SST plays round 13

Food for thought, thanks mate. I think Lichaa definitely has much more upside but saying that, with 5 hookers in my squad it wouldn't matter if he went. Don't think I'd even have SST by round 13 though.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:45 am

StormTrooper96 wrote:Hey Lads, I am in a bit of a pickle.

Is it too late to get Griffin in? I desperately need Ponga so French -> Ponga is my first trade this week.
    Should I go TPJ -> Griffin with my other trade or should I worry more about something like Godinet -> Thompson?

I am thinking, get Thompson in this week before he gets too much cash on him, and then next week whoever doesn’t perform (i.e. Carty, TPJ, Lichaa) trade for Griffin?

Thoughts?

There's simply no reason to trade TPJ. I almost started with him and if I did, I'd be happy I did.
    Warriors
    Warriors

Post by Warriors Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:45 am

Blain wrote:Must haves this week out of Kikau, Doeuihi, Thompson and lill Papa?

Kikau obviously. Thinking Thompson as the other, Papa is a little riskier with Mannering coming back (possibly at Lock though) and Doeuihi a wait and see?

And who should I cut - Lodge or Arrow. Hard call, Cartwright was rubbish, thinking Arrow might move into lock when Wallace is back, or the bench. Lodge has more safety, and should make a bit more guaranteed cash?

HELP Shocked

Post your team, all those guys are good cash cows, hold tight and milk them. I ? the guys trading Cartwright, Arrow, Lodge when there is still $100K to be made if not more if they jag a try at some stage, which all three base price guys above did last week, and most likely won't this week. Surely there are others in your team worth getting rid of before them.
    Thickshake
    Thickshake

Post by Thickshake Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:48 am

StormTrooper96 wrote:Hey Lads, I am in a bit of a pickle.

Thoughts?

You don't have Katoa?

I think French>Ponga is fine, and probably Godinet>Thompson. I wouldn't do TPJ>Griffin. It's quite possible they score similarly. See if you can get Griffin next week.

Fortitude
    Fortitude

Post by Fortitude Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:48 am

wolfking wrote:

I've dominated my work league since I started playing and some of the other guys took this guns and cows approach to the extreme even having 8 cows on the bench whereas I took the more balanced approach.  I'm very worried just after round 1 with the rookies that they have and the guns they have compared to mine.  laughed when I heard their benches before round 1 now it's theirs to lose really.  Big call but it's true.

My team is made up of the following:

Keepers pending injury:

Smith
    Jturbo, Merrin, Harris
    Cronk
    Croker
    Teddy, Ponga

Cook.

Cows:
    Arrow, Lodge
    Isaako, Thompson

Griffen, Rochow, Vikau Nichols, Godinet Croker, Katoa

Potatos:
    Cartwright.

Yes im stoked about some of the scores from the cows, and my guns performed well enough, minus croker who im not tooo worried about. My concern is I have that many cows, that will require many trades to upgrade.

Last edited by Fortitude on Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:58 am; edited 1 time in total
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:50 am

Good point I guess, and if suspensions and injuries get in the way, your hands could get tied.
    Loomer
    Loomer

Post by Loomer Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:50 am

I've managed to make trade on PC. Kind of stupid. T button was working yesterday so didn't even think to click on Trade section. Doh. Still everything about the app and website experience completely sucks
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:54 am

Thickshake wrote:

You don't have Katoa?

I think French>Ponga is fine, and probably Godinet>Thompson. I wouldn't do TPJ>Griffin. It's quite possible they score similarly. See if you can get Griffin next week.

Sorry yes I do have Katoa, Looking at keeping him this week and carting him off next week.

So I think

French -> Ponga
    Godinet -> Thompson/Doeuihi
    Shangrada
    Shangrada

Post by Shangrada Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:58 am

Opinions please Smile

Whose points are definitely not worth chasing after a decent Rd 1 performance?
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:58 am

Loomer wrote:I've managed to make trade on PC. Kind of stupid. T button was working yesterday so didn't even think to click on Trade section. Doh. Still everything about the app and website experience completely sucks

Good to hear!

Both the website and the app are trash.
    It took me a bit to work out how to make a trade
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:14 am

Loomer wrote:
    Chewie wrote:

One option which might work is opening the website on your desktop and change the size of your browser window so it changes the view from field to listview. Then try and make trades

Nope nothing. Tried Chrome as well as IE, downloaded Dolphin browser on phone. Nothing works. How is this even possible?? I'm starting to get paranoid now. I complain to fanhub they try fix I call it unacceptable then next I can no longer trade??

It's definitely functionality as S for Substitute works but clicking on T just highlights it like it would if you clicked on a letter of text on a website

Fucken hell Loomer, not sure what to say except that is just fucked. There are a few fixes around and they seemed to have worked for everyone but you.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:15 am

loomer - assuming you've checked this - but is the software version of android up to date on your phone?

Post by Guest Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:19 am

Ohh the prospect of Gray in the centres makes me want to trade him in rather than Thompson..

Dugan to fullback and Holmes to wing

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:38 pm