NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 12

luckynumber8
    luckynumber8

2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 12 - Page 29 Empty Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 12

Post by luckynumber8 Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:59 am

They've got to play Murray more next game. He is a legit gun.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 12 - Page 29 Empty Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 12

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:06 am

Realistically what sort of average bracket would you put these 3 in?

Brown
    Merrin
    Whitehead
    Tapine

Cheers boys
    Pookus McFly
    Pookus McFly

Post by Pookus McFly Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:14 am

Any Easy E owners watch him close on Friday night? How much of his score was made in extra time?
    Where can i find a breakdown of player stats? Hard to pick players without knowing how they scored.
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:15 am

Pookus McFly wrote:Any Easy E owners watch him close on Friday night? How much of his score was made in extra time?
    Where can i find a breakdown of player stats? Hard to pick players without knowing how they scored.

Check MTB's webpage

nrlfantasy.com.au

Edit: MTB already has poster of the year in the bag by creating this website
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:18 am

Murray at discount price after this week Razz

Post by Guest Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:19 am

Gallen could be a decent pick up in a couple of weeks after a few price drops

Post by Guest Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:20 am

Yesterday I had to trade of Jrey for Carty but now I’m wondering if I should pick arrow instead..
    GreenMachine
    GreenMachine

Post by GreenMachine Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:21 am

Chewie wrote:Rabbitohs vs Warriors

Grand Angus 58    BE 60
    Surgess 55     BE 51
    Arey 35    BE 45
    Gagai 48    BE 43
    CWalker 54    BE 43
    Sutton 39    BE 39
    AJohnston 36    BE 38
    Murray 22    BE 36
    Turgess 35    BE 34
    Cook 57    BE 34
    GI 26     BE 34
    RJennings 33   BE 27
    Gurgess 23    BE 26
    Kennar 49    BE 16
    Nicholls 28    BE 16
    Tatola 23   BE 14

HHunt 0

SJ 66   BE 57
    RTS 43    BE 44
    Harris 43   BE 42
    ILuke 47    BE 41
    Gavet 34   BE 36
    Afoa 51   BE 34
    Blair 25    BE 33
    Pulu 32    BE 31
    Lisone 27    BE 31
    Maumalo 43    BE 30
    Fusitua 47     BE 29
    Green 23     BE 29
    Kata 23     BE 27
    Hiku 17     BE 19
    Papalii 44    BE 19
    Sao 33     BE 16
    SCook 3    BE 14

Good boy Murray. Stay on that bench a couple more weeks and keep dropping Drug
    TheWeapon
    TheWeapon

Post by TheWeapon Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:23 am

Pookus McFly wrote:Any Easy E owners watch him close on Friday night? How much of his score was made in extra time?

I watched him as someone who had him on my shortlist but dropped him last minute. Looked very involved when he was on the field. I was impressed. But you do have a point that there will be a few players with inflated points due to the extra 8 min or so....
    StuDogg101
    StuDogg101

Post by StuDogg101 Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:40 am

Anyone happen to take note of how many incorrect playing the ball penalties there have been so far? Or has it not been as big a deal as possibly expected?
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:40 am

Chewie, you should make a thread for those. Good for scouting potential targets
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:41 am

Hey guys, The Match Centre is coming soon! That's what it says when you click on the link.
    A+ job from fanhub, looks like they will have everything ready by round two!

(or three, or six, or twelve...)
    Pookus McFly
    Pookus McFly

Post by Pookus McFly Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:42 am

Herman sems to be missing from MTBs page. I think hes trying to keep the juicy picks to himself Razz
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:43 am

To be fair, the worst thing about fanhub so far this season is the lack of accountability and transparency.

I have not seen or heard of a single comment from the company or any of its representatives acknowledging the issues.
    MrCashman
    MrCashman

Post by MrCashman Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:47 am

filthridden wrote:To be fair, the worst thing about fanhub so far this season is the lack of accountability and transparency.

I have not seen or heard of a single comment from the company or any of its representatives acknowledging the issues.

They are fkn woeful, anyone who paid for the rubbish should get their money back
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms
    Fanatic

Post by multiple.scoregasms Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:48 am

Only missed half a game so far this weekend so here are some of my thoughts on the game and fantasy impact of a few relevant players.

Dragons vs Broncos:

Dragons pack looks very dominant. Not sure individually if any of them are worthy prospects as minutes seem to be a pretty even split. Hunt and Widdop are both going to have lots of time and space this year. I expect Aitken and Dufty to be top 5 scorers in their position if they stay healthy. I like the idea of running an outside back on the bench when you have a lot of big minute forwards. Provides great cover for HIA and also possibility of some late spark if you are behind. Seems a few coaches are going to this tactic.

Broncos opening 20 minutes was poor. They lost ruck control early to the Dragons strong middles and struggled to take it back. McCullough will be back starting with in 4 weeks. TPJ was damaging and his offload will worry teams. Hopefully Bennett doesn't coach it out of him. Isaako ran the ball well but looks a little lost out wide. No doubt he is the next long term fullback after Boyd. Lodge carried the ball well but looked to be trying too hard. Lots of bouncing off tackles and little mistakes. Halves combo looked poor but not much can be done behind a well beaten pack.

Knights vs Manly: Missed the first half of the games so most of this may be wrong

Knights looked a much improved team. They have great line runners on both edges with Guerra and Fitzgibbon(who looks like a future rep player). I expect both will score a decent amount of tries running off short balls this year. Lacked a little bit of bench impact and seem like that are one prop short of making a true run at the top 4. Would probably be better running Heighington/Buhrer in the starting side and bringing Barnett off the bench. Will surprise a lot of teams and be on the fringe of the top 8. Ponga played a lot of first receiver which is bad for Watson. Ponga is every bit as talented as advertised. Just needs to work on when to pass and when to run but he is still very young. Saw very little game play of Slade Griffin but what I saw was promising. Worked hard in defense with most of his time at A defender focusing on shutting the gate. Twice he stopped line breaks with great one on one tackles. Not a fan of the halves shuffle mid game as they seemed to lose all momentum and it nearly cost them. Watson had a few nice plays out of dummy half and would probably be better as bench utility. Pearce did well steering the ship. Lillyman was great at finding his front and generating quick play the balls and Herman looks like he has that tackle breaking ability.

Manly has a good starting 13 but no depth. Taupau was explosive as usual with his offload generating great second phase play. JTurbo did too much ball playing and needs to get back to doing the hard stuff that makes the occasional tip on so dangerous. Koroisau did well clogging up the middle in defense. Halves looked to have a good combo with Croker not just making up numbers out there. Had a few plays where the ball didn't bounce his way leading to errors but that happens in football. The edge is going to be an issue. You can't win a comp with Thompson and Sironen in the second row. Thompson is a good line runner but neither of them play with much heart. Kelly and Wright would have to be up there with the worst centre pairings in the comp. Wingers both love an error but can finish when required and do the hard stuff coming out of trouble. Not much more to ask for. Only using 15 players in a golden point game is a head scratcher.

Cowboys vs Sharks

Cowboys pack is monsterous. Easily in the top 2 along with the Dragons. Controlled the ruck in the opening 20 and never let it go. Taumalolo being able to get an extra few minutes on the sideline will be great come finals time. Not much has changed from last year except a much stronger pack and Thurston back to lead the boys around the park. They will score lots of tries and be a top 4 team.

Sharks pack is great on paper but were out muscled early. Dugan adds another element to their attack that they have been lacking. Moylan had a mixed game with some bad misses in defense and a few good touches. Fifita looks set for another big fantasy year with his trademark cross field runs.

Tigers vs Roosters

Tigers structures looks good with Benji running the show but look very unfit. 20 minutes into the game they were taking till the 4th tackle to get back onside. If they don't work on fitness there will be plenty of blow outs this year. Thompson looked good working the ball out of trouble. Rochow was solid in defense. Packer is an outstanding signing and helped get the Tigers on the front foot. ET tackled everything that moved as usual. Eisenhuth, Twal and Marster are great young players and will only get better with experience. The more minutes these 3 get the better. Matulino was nothing special, probably 4th prop in the rotation.

Roosters were poor across the board. Came out expecting the game would win itself and were punished for it. Against a more experienced team they conceed 30. Friend was solid in defense but stiffled the attack. Edges were good with Aubbo consistent as always on the edge and Matterson providing some nice tip ons and ball playing early before shifting to the middle and doing the tough tough. Very quickly becoming my favourite player. The middles were good in the first stint but had a poor second stint. The backs were poor but didn't have a lot of chances. Cornish died with the ball every time he touched it. Combinations looked clunky with a lot of plays 1-2 steps away from being tries or line breaks. Tedesco seemed to struggle with where he should be on set plays. Roosters play style was very different from last year. Very structured as they seemed to work to certain points on the field and then have 1 shot a set rather than years past playing off the cuff. This will take time to improve and I can see some more ugly losses in the first 10 weeks. No need to panic on any prospects fantasy wise as minutes/role were as expected.

Rabbitohs vs Warriors

Rabbits have a very promising pack to lay the platform. Cook giving crisp service out of dummy half was providing a lot of front foot ball which should improve scores across the board. Look for Surgess to return to his former glory. Nicholls is a great prospect. Seems to find his front everytime he runs the ball leading to quick play the balls. Solid defensively and goes looking for work. Murray came on and had an immediate impact in defense. He won't be on the bench for long and will be a special talent. Cook's running game is going to catch lots of teams off guard. Plenty of speed through the middle and looked close to going over for a try early. Souths pack will generate lots of quick play the balls and Cook will thrive. Smokey as a captaincy option going forward. Crichton is built for fantasy and one you want in your team ASAP. 7 missed tackles, 3 errors and he still scores 58. Will be one of my first upgrades. Kennar and Jennings went looking for work when the big boys got tired which is a good sign. Inglis and Gagai gives strike on both sides of the field although Inglis didn't get many chances last night. Will be better for the run. Walker is a natural footballer and needs to be the focal point of the attack. Johnston was solid at the back. Reynolds was not up to his usual standards.

Warriors surprised me. Blake Green has put his stamp on this team early. Structured in attack with the ability to play off the cuff. Papalii and Harris were great on the edge. When Mannering comes back to the middle defense will be much improved. RTS had some huge plays defensively. The middles were nothing special but Issac Luke gave great front foot ball and knew when to run. Hopefully a sign of returning to his best. Backs were lack lustre. Most of Hiku's 10 missed tackles were initiating contact, stopping momentum and dropping off. Great in real life not so much in fantasy.

Bulldogs vs Storm

What a change a year can make for the Bulldogs. Foran is going to lead this team to the top 8. RFM and Jackson on the edge straightened the attack very well. RFM looks a real good prospect. The Frawley/Foran/Mbye combo looks well developed. Mbye looks like a natural at fullback. His speed and running game is perfect for the modern game. Didn't get much testing under the high ball. Middles were solid and set a nice platform. Lichaa looked to run more often and minutes are promising.

Storm were as clinical as ever. Munster is electric at fullback and my first picked if he ever gets the spot back long term. Smith showed why he is the best captaincy option. NAS looked dangerous but minutes seem to be similar to last year. Not the fantasy prospect everyone wanted. JBrom minutes are similar to last year and he may be stuck in that mid range category. Finucane seems to have improved as a player. Hit hard in defense and plenty of no nonsense hit ups. The flyers on the edge will score plenty of tries again. In attack Melbourne seemed to favour Jacks over Croft. When Croft did touch the ball he seemed to ball shuffle rather than take the line on. Worrying signs early but too early to panic.
    luckynumber8
    luckynumber8

Post by luckynumber8 Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:51 am

GreenMachine wrote:

Good boy Murray. Stay on that bench a couple more weeks and keep dropping Drug

Get him at a discount or save a trade bringing him in? I'm taking the extra trade..
    Moose
    Moose

Post by Moose Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:59 am

I just don't understand why they felt the need to "update" their product. They had a reliable and decent product to finish 2017. They should have just left it as is. The fact they have decided to change their product and not have it finished on time shows a lack of care, professionalism and awareness. It's not like the rd 1 starting date/time was kept a secret.

No Stats centre.
    No Match centre.
    No Player profiles.
    No drag & drop.

A+ product?

2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 12 - Page 29 F6
    SoylentGreen
    SoylentGreen

Post by SoylentGreen Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:10 am

I've been out the last 2 nights so haven't seen much of the games, but boy my team is not going well.

Liu, Lodge, Croft, Hiku, Mitchell, Teddy, Lichaa and of course Katoa stinking it up.

Am happy about RFM, Griffin, Ponga and Cook, but everyone has them. DCE worked out OK as a last minute swap in.

Only got arrow and Cartwright left - will be happy to get to 720 the way things are going
    Shooter McGavin
    Shooter McGavin

Post by Shooter McGavin Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:12 am

Moose wrote:I just don't understand why they felt the need to "update" their product. They had a reliable and decent product to finish 2017. They should have just left it as is. The fact they have decided to change their product and not have it finished on time shows a lack of care, professionalism and awareness. It's not like the rd 1 starting date/time was kept a secret.

No Stats centre.
    No Match centre.
    No Player profiles.
    No drag & drop.

A+ product?

2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 12 - Page 29 F6

Also no matchups at the top of screen which sucks

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 7:13 am