NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2018 Brisbane Broncos Thread

Pieman
    Pieman

2018 Brisbane Broncos Thread - Page 30 Empty Re: 2018 Brisbane Broncos Thread

Post by Pieman Sat 19 May 2018, 9:37 am

surmo13 wrote:CijCAns

nothing dangerous about that, i was always taught as a kid to launch myself into a tackle head-first with my arms out like i'm an imaginary plane

show a few frames before that where he is lined up, then sims steps out to the side. too funny.
    As I said, I can cop a penalty for it. It looked ugly, they penalise ugly looking things whether they are right or wrong. Napa does have some responsibility to not hit sims in the head yep, he did that by leading with his left shoulder and turning to the side a bit IMO. If its not penalised on the field, no one is saying "that should be a penalty". IMO, It was a purely accidental head clash though, sin bin is one of the worst decisions I have seen this year. He is bent over and is actually leading with his left shoulder, head to the side, exactly how you are taught to tackle.

Myles use to lead with his head all the fucking time, he was known for it.
    Why wasnt Pieday binned for instigating a melee???

Also oz, fuck off meeate, you say "incidental" contact when talking about shoulder charges, totally different to this.

It was a highly entertaining game, Mitchell and Roberts going at each other was unreal. A few poor calls either way, and a clanger or 2.

Was this the ref that they always win under at home on a friday??

Dip

Post by Dip Sat 19 May 2018, 10:34 am

Can’t seem to quote your post from my phone Pieman, but weird you thought the Matterson knockon that went forward should have been called play on, by the Isaako drop that went backwards against the dogs should have been called a knock on. ????

Post by Guest Sat 19 May 2018, 10:49 am

Dip wrote:Can’t seem to quote your post from my phone Pieman, but weird you thought the Matterson knockon that went forward should have been called play on, by the Isaako drop that went backwards against the dogs should have been called a knock on. ????

more pictures!

Dde1j_Kr_VMAMFq_St
    Dde1j_Lf_U0_AA7p4s
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Sat 19 May 2018, 11:01 am

Dip wrote:Can’t seem to quote your post from my phone Pieman, but weird you thought the Matterson knockon that went forward should have been called play on, by the Isaako drop that went backwards against the dogs should have been called a knock on. ????

Where did I say that the Isaako one should have been called a knock on Dippy?
    Fair enough on the Matterson one, only saw it once. I thought it went backwards off his hands initially. Would like to see it again though.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Sat 19 May 2018, 11:05 am

With the isaako one, it goes backwards off his hands into his chest, then forward off his chest.
    Is that a knock on?
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Sat 19 May 2018, 12:44 pm

Napa not charged

So the mrp basically think it’s lesser then any careless high tackle but Sutton thinks it was the worst incident in years lol
    Ice

Post by Ice Sat 19 May 2018, 10:44 pm

Well what a surprise. Absolutely no case to answer for Napa, deadset, what a fucking bunch of gumboots those are that think the result was going to be anything other than throw that fucking debacle of a decision out and don't waste the MRps time.

Post by Guest Sat 19 May 2018, 11:52 pm

leaguegod wrote:Napa not charged

So the mrp basically think it’s lesser then any careless high tackle but Sutton thinks it was the worst incident in years lol

absolute joke, watch the replay at full speed, look at the still frame (there was a bigger shot than the one i found on the NRL website) and try to tell me that's not dangerous contact, he kamikazes in, and at the point of contact (as seen in the still frame), he is launching forwards and up, looking in the complete opposite direction of the bloke he is supposed to be tackling, with his arms outstretched and behind him with his fists balled, he had no intent on effecting a legitimate tackle, just came in looking to knock Korbin's block off, and contact was never not going to be made with the head the way Napa threw himself, but because he fucked it so badly that he headbutted him on the chin (and knocked him out cold, let's not forget) instead of with his shoulder, he has no case to answer? fuck. that. If that's not dangerous contact, then it doesn't exist.

Post by Guest Sun 20 May 2018, 1:14 am

2018 Brisbane Broncos Thread - Page 30 Cfaab510

Post by Guest Sun 20 May 2018, 1:19 am

Sutton. Suncorp. Bonzos. 15 wins. In a row.

Fuck off. #rigged

Ice

Post by Ice Sun 20 May 2018, 7:20 am

surmo13 wrote:

absolute joke, watch the replay at full speed, look at the still frame (there was a bigger shot than the one i found on the NRL website) and try to tell me that's not dangerous contact, he kamikazes in, and at the point of contact (as seen in the still frame), he is launching forwards and up, looking in the complete opposite direction of the bloke he is supposed to be tackling, with his arms outstretched and behind him with his fists balled, he had no intent on effecting a legitimate tackle, just came in looking to knock Korbin's block off, and contact was never not going to be made with the head the way Napa threw himself, but because he fucked it so badly that he headbutted him on the chin (and knocked him out cold, let's not forget) instead of with his shoulder, he has no case to answer? fuck. that. If that's not dangerous contact, then it doesn't exist.

You're wrong and basically everyone in the game agrees you're wrong. Move on. Seriously, with all due respect, if you honestly though he was going to be charge, if you actually seriously thought that wasn't an accidental head clash, and was going to result or even should result in a charge, then I have no other option than to declare that in a town full of village idiots, you would officially be the village idiot.
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Sun 20 May 2018, 7:47 am

Rabbit wrote:Sutton. Suncorp. Bonzos. 15 wins. In a row.

Fuck off. #rigged

Broncos 1-12 paid $3.60. I just took the family for a free seafood dinner. Love your work Sutton.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Sun 20 May 2018, 9:13 am

Rabbit wrote:Sutton. Suncorp. Bonzos. 15 wins. In a row.

Fuck off. #rigged

thankyou
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Sun 20 May 2018, 9:16 am

surmo13 wrote:

why in the blue hell would you look at a still frame?
    wow you are really losing the plot. He leads with his left shoulder - he is coming in to absolutely smoke him and there is an accidental head clash.

give yourself a triple

Post by Guest Sun 20 May 2018, 10:26 am

I like how people are trying to stress 'accidental', as if any foul play that occurs is on purpose, no-one actually trys to hit some-one in the head, it's all about intent, and if you come flying out of the line and launch yourself, not even looking at where the fuck you're going, and collect some-one in the head with any part of your body, that's reckless & dangerous contact, the lot of you are brain-dead, if it was a Bronco on the end of the Sia shot last year, you'd all be talking about 'the player was falling and Sia was commited to the tackle, there was nothing he could do, that's just part of the game'
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Sun 20 May 2018, 12:39 pm

surmo13 wrote:I like how people are trying to stress 'accidental', as if any foul play that occurs is on purpose, no-one actually trys to hit some-one in the head, it's all about intent, and if you come flying out of the line and launch yourself, not even looking at where the fuck you're going, and collect some-one in the head with any part of your body, that's reckless & dangerous contact, the lot of you are brain-dead, if it was a Bronco on the end of the Sia shot last year, you'd all be talking about 'the player was falling and Sia was commited to the tackle, there was nothing he could do, that's just part of the game'

Sorry. The match review committee, every single commentator and legend of the game and the vast majority of punters on here and social media disagree with you. So, therefore you are wrong. Stop this "if it was a bronco" shit haha. Imaginary scenarios that you come up with to fight imaginary arguments to make hypothetical points.

Watch the video again, he leads with his left shoulder and is turned side on a bit, and then there is a head clash when sims moves. Accident every day of the week and shouldnt even have been a penalty.

We all know that you only arc up when its a bronco player on the on the other end tho. Maybe Milford should have been binned for accidentally knocking oates out last year hey?

Post by Guest Sun 20 May 2018, 1:16 pm

right, whatever, all this focus on the effect of concussions and we're somehow green-lighting a reckless kamikaze tackling technique because the wrong (right?) part of his body connected with a player, knocked him out and broke his jaw, if you're happy with Napa tackling like that, i look forward to you coming back and back-tracking when he does it again and collects some-one with his shoulder, and that'll somehow make it more reprehensible and worthy of a lengthy suspension than when a different part of his body made the exact same contact.

It looks like i only defend Broncos because when this shit happens to Broncos is the only time people decide they want to argue about player safety, when shit like this happens to players from other clubs everyone comes together in agreement that it's fucked up, and thus there's no need to debate, because theres no-one to debate with.

the 'legends of the game' that hold media positions don't know their arse from their elbow in regards to the modern game, they show repeatedly that they barely know the current rules, and they spent their time playing the game back when no-one gave two shits about player safety or even knew CTE was a thing.

Anyway, i'm done, the correct call was made at the time, we received the benefits of it, we don't play the Roosters again until Round 24 so whatever happened to Napa re. charges had no effect on the Broncos in regards to football, if you lot are happy with him launching himself like that at the head of your players, more power to you, i'll be here to say 'i told you so' Smile
    ryno_
    ryno_

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2018

Post by ryno_ Sun 20 May 2018, 6:08 pm

When GI flattened the fuck out of Dean Young, who was falling at time of tackle, it was the tacklers responsibility to avoid contact with the oppositions head. Now it's all good and just an accident because he may or may not have been lifting an arm slightly?

Defender smashed the ball carriers face. Easy penalty, fair sin bin.
    Ice

Post by Ice Sun 20 May 2018, 7:21 pm

surmo13 wrote:I like how people are trying to stress 'accidental', as if any foul play that occurs is on purpose, no-one actually trys to hit some-one in the head, it's all about intent, and if you come flying out of the line and launch yourself, not even looking at where the fuck you're going, and collect some-one in the head with any part of your body, that's reckless & dangerous contact, the lot of you are brain-dead, if it was a Bronco on the end of the Sia shot last year, you'd all be talking about 'the player was falling and Sia was commited to the tackle, there was nothing he could do, that's just part of the game'

I've seen only two people who are brain dead on this matter Surmon, and brother, that is you and the video ref. To a man, Nobody else agrees. I reckon even Sutton is filthy with the video ref for making him make that decision.

Just stop already with the utter stupidity and ongoing hole digging.
    Ice

Post by Ice Sun 20 May 2018, 7:24 pm

Make that 3 Rolling Eyes

Current date/time is Sat 27 Apr 2024, 9:59 am