NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2018 Brisbane Broncos Thread

No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

2018 Brisbane Broncos Thread - Page 17 Empty Re: 2018 Brisbane Broncos Thread

Post by No Worries Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:39 am

Mighty Fishes wrote:If only the broncos were as defensive as our fan base!

That' going straight in the pool room
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:57 am

ryno_ wrote:

Played footy against him a few (many) years back. Yes. Very good lead-by-example type player and good at guiding a forward pack in a given direction.

Like Cleary

Post by Guest Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:17 pm

Remember when we were supposed to be sad about passing on Brodie Croft? not anywhere near as good when he's not playing reserve graders wearing first grade jerseys.
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:23 pm

surmo13 wrote:Remember when we were supposed to be sad about passing on Brodie Croft? not anywhere near as good when he's not playing reserve graders wearing first grade jerseys.

Cause the extra $880K you paid for Milf lets you stand with your head held high.

You should re-sign Glenn who has missed more tackles than any other forward in the game and tell yourself that Bennett is the best coach in the NRL

Post by Guest Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:28 pm

No Worries wrote:

Cause the extra $880K you paid for Milf lets you stand with your head held high.

You should re-sign Glenn who has missed more tackles than any other forward in the game and tell yourself that Bennett is the best coach in the NRL

I'd pay Milford 880k long before i'd pay Croft whatever the Storm have given him & although i'm not sure what Glenn has to do with anything, my thought of him have already been aired in this thread.
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:39 pm

surmo13 wrote:

I'd pay Milford 880k long before i'd pay Croft whatever the Storm have given him & although i'm not sure what Glenn has to do with anything, my thought of him have already been aired in this thread.

Your right Glenn is irrelevant, why pay for croft when Benji was already on the payroll

2018 Brisbane Broncos Thread - Page 17 Giphy
    MilfordTheMagician
    MilfordTheMagician

Post by MilfordTheMagician Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:23 pm

Another round down and still shit. When does Jack Bird make his debut for the club?
    MrCashman
    MrCashman

Post by MrCashman Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:32 pm

MILF ran the ball, that's what he does best, now all they need is a decent halfback to steer the team around

MilfordTheMagician
    MilfordTheMagician

Post by MilfordTheMagician Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:42 pm

But we're happy to spend 1.5 mil on two centres when we clearly need a better halfback and better forwards.

I just don't get it.
    MrCashman
    MrCashman

Post by MrCashman Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:02 pm

It's like spending 1.5 million on your fantasy centres...NEVER EVER
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Sun Apr 08, 2018 12:20 pm

Very Happy
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:03 am

so if the halves arent the issue, what is?
    The forward pack should be good enough to beat most sides - maybe the inexperience of lodge and tpj is hurting the side?
    Boyd played a bit better.

Also - the Brown retort to bennett... absolutely outstanding. There was no need for bennett to come out and say what he did - when he clearly did leave the club in a bad state. Brown has done amazing things for the knights long term growth and stability - bennett came in and tried to instantly win a comp, paid some players stupid amounts of money and even self admittedly "sacked himself".

No Worries wrote:

Woah you mean the bloke at the peak of his career that certain bronco fans would rather keep over Oates??

Is it just me or do bennetts teams also seem to be a prop short?
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:02 pm

I think we are lacking attitude & desire right across the park at the moment. And with that, it is showing we are lacking leadership. Not leadership in the halves, just just senior players who are willing to take the game by the scruff of the neck. Guys like Gillett and co are just coasting out there.

I'm not sure what is going on, but you could see it in the way they ran out onto the park on Saturday night. There was no intensity, no one looked up for it. we lumbered our way onto the field and were on the back foot in everything we did from the first kick off.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:51 pm

Who's part of your leadership group? I agree I don't think they're standing up at all.

I must admit I'm enjoying the Broncos looking out of sorts - especially with Bennett at the helm.

I do think your halves aren't helping either. They don't look good steering the team around or come up with a lot of good last play options. I still think Milford would have been better staying at fullback but that ship has sailed.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:24 pm

Honeysett wrote:Who's part of your leadership group? I agree I don't think they're standing up at all.

I must admit I'm enjoying the Broncos looking out of sorts - especially with Bennett at the helm.

I do think your halves aren't helping either. They don't look good steering the team around or come up with a lot of good last play options. I still think Milford would have been better staying at fullback but that ship has sailed.

Leadership group, don't know. I'm not even referring to leadership group specifically. We have plenty of experienced players who just seem off pace at the moment and just going through the motions.

Yes halves are an issue. 5th tackle is a problem. The problem is they are kicking from awkward positions on the field and almost always under pressure after a slow play the ball. Our forwards aren't allowing any opportunity for them to kick from the front foot. Yes, it is a half's job to direct play, and they definitely deserve some flak for it, but at the same time, these forwards are seasoned professional footballers... its not exactly rocket science when you need a hard yards set from your own 10m line. If mcguire/gillett/sims/etc need a half to tell them that we need some big metres and quick play the balls then there are bigger problems. If bird and roberts aren't sensing the opportunity for a 15m dart from dummy half then that's on them.
    MilfordTheMagician
    MilfordTheMagician

Post by MilfordTheMagician Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:53 pm

Halves are a huge problem. We rarely get repeat sets from a good kick from our halves. Nikorima was 2 metres from the try line the other night and kicked it 10 metres dead. It's the simple things they don't do good enough.

The forwards have been a problem for years. Thaiday is past it, Sims is rubbish, last year it was Blair and Thaiday starting some games, or Sims and Blair, just horrible. Finally Pangai has his chance and it's great to see. Hopefully Lodge can keep improving. Ofa still needs to take that next step but I'm not sure if it's going to happen off the bench. I can't see him staying at the club if he doesn't get his opportunity to start games consistently.

Post by Guest Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:00 am

I'm amazed than Nathan Tinkler has some-how managed to be the forgotten man in this whole Bennett-Knights situation, surely bringing in Wayne Bennett on a big money contract under instructions to win a premiership now and then gaining himself the reputation of not paying the staff from top to bottom for pretty much the length of his ownership killed the Knights more-so than any decision Bennett ever made.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:10 am

Boys seemed to be the only one that it affected on the field.
    why are the bronco's sturuggling at the moment surmbro?
    MrCashman
    MrCashman

Post by MrCashman Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:17 am

Still trying to work out Thaidays comments after the game

"Tonight wasn't about winning for us"
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:25 am

MrCashman wrote:Still trying to work out Thaidays comments after the game

"Tonight wasn't about winning for us"

it was a really weird thing to say but perhaps a little out of context, or came across the wrong way. eg "we're just taking it week to week, not thinking about the finals" when there's two games left of the regular season. of course you are thinking about the finals, etc.

But he did seem very blasé about the whole thing. He's going to work, getting paid. Going home to his family. Like it just doesn't matter to him anymore. And if thats the case, its understandable. But if it is he should call an end to his career now.

The problem for the Bronx with Thaiday is his value to the club off the football field with corporates/sponsorships/media/etc. Pretty embarassing to carry a liability for that reason though.

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 4:33 pm