NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 8

wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 8 - Page 33 Empty Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 8

Post by wolfking Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:14 am

With the looks of a fair few mid range second rowers and forwards etc. getting a look in, with the crap centre options, if you pick two established centres and run with a couple of extra of the mid ranger forwards and pick right, you'd be laughing I reckon. Tough, but not impossible. Your squad will look less impressive but could pay off.
    GreenMachine
    GreenMachine

2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 8 - Page 33 Empty Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 8

Post by GreenMachine Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:19 am

dreamers wrote:Happy TLT everyone!

The way I’m going to go about picking my team is;

1) CS9 (c)
    2) Mid range players with starting spots and good job security.
    3) Cheapies with starting spots and good job security.
    4) Fill remaining spots with guns.

Interesting Guns-last tekkers. Sound
    GreenMachine
    GreenMachine

Post by GreenMachine Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:22 am

wolfking wrote:With the looks of a fair few mid range second rowers and forwards etc. getting a look in, with the crap centre options, if you pick two established centres and run with a couple of extra of the mid ranger forwards and pick right, you'd be laughing I reckon.  Tough, but not impossible.  Your squad will look less impressive but could pay off.

I have a couple of team drafts exactly like this.

Spent more years pissing around with centres and DPP wingers than I care to remember. I reckon I burn on average 6-8 trades a season in and around the position and haven’t been comfortable since Mannering left his post there! That alone leads me to thinking there’s a lot of trade equity for me buying at least one gun
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:27 am

GreenMachine wrote:

I have a couple of team drafts exactly like this.

Spent more years pissing around with centres and DPP wingers than I care to remember. I reckon I burn on average 6-8 trades a season in and around the position and haven’t been comfortable since Mannering left his post there! That alone leads me to thinking there’s a lot of trade equity for me buying at least one gun

Yeah, I have Mitchell in there as one but the other I'm unsure about. It just looks wrong with Kennar in there though. Don't rate Hiku but he may actually be the best option. It's hard to see spending 250K on a Croker or BJ cause it would hurt the rest of your team but then it's really set and forget.
    GreenMachine
    GreenMachine

Post by GreenMachine Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:29 am

wolfking wrote:

Yeah, I have Mitchell in there as one but the other I'm unsure about.  It just looks wrong with Kennar in there though.  Don't rate Hiku but he may actually be the best option.  It's hard to see spending 250K on a Croker or BJ cause it would hurt the rest of your team but then it's really set and forget.

If you consider BJ set and forget then he’s the way forward. He has some frustrating single digit matches in him but as long as you’re willing to ride the lows Mitchell moses style then happy days!

If high floor is more a pre-requisite then look no further than M AUBUSSON...

Kidding... Nick Cotric, kids a weapon and DPP
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:36 am

GreenMachine wrote:

If you consider BJ set and forget then he’s the way forward. He has some frustrating single digit matches in him but as long as you’re willing to ride the lows Mitchell moses style then happy days!

If high floor is more a pre-requisite then look no further than M AUBUSSON...

Kidding... Nick Cotric, kids a weapon and DPP

It's hard for me to trust Raiders backs after the second half of last season.

Bring on team lists ffs!!
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:38 am

wolfking wrote:

It's hard for me to trust Raiders backs after the second half of last season.

Bring on team lists ffs!!

Yeah but it’s not unusual for BJ to have a shit year and back it up with a good one. Especially since the media reckon “now he has lost weight, had a baby, settled down”
    TheWeapon
    TheWeapon

Post by TheWeapon Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:39 am

GreenMachine wrote:

Definitely sound strategy mate having a team that is competitive among this lot first and foremost. Base/spine of templaters. There was some scaremongering about how bad Hiku was as in a trial but he will near certain make my team. DPP with decent fantasy history/pedigree. What’s not to like there sub 300k.

Just have to remember that our forums template isn’t the overall game’s template lads so needn’t get creative with entire 17!
    Lolo = 30% owned
    JT = 23% owned
    Gagai = 16% owned
    Hayne = 15% owned
    SJ/Turbo/Cleary/Crichton/McGuire = all over 10% owned

I would say these are very lightly owned in our community which keeps it real

Great post. I have to keep reminding myself of this - just because a player gets mentioned a lot and appears to have a high ownership here, doesn't mean that that have a high ownership in the grand scheme of things. Even Arrow is under 10%. I'm surprised Surgess ownership is relatively low ~8%. Merrin and SST around 5%.....lower than Lewis Brown. haha
    GreenMachine
    GreenMachine

Post by GreenMachine Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:49 am

TheWeapon wrote:

Great post. I have to keep reminding myself of this - just because a player gets mentioned a lot and appears to have a high ownership here, doesn't mean that that have a high ownership in the grand scheme of things. Even Arrow is under 10%. I'm surprised Surgess ownership is relatively low ~8%. Merrin and SST around 5%.....lower than Lewis Brown. haha

Arrow didn’t surprise me. That is high for him but all Fanatics/Legends/Renegades, but Surgess did surprise me as well.

The under 5% that really surprised me and making me re-think my guns (especially with this unlimited hookers allowed rule) are;
    Friend
    McInnes
    Peats
    Also;
    Gallen
    Papalii
    Whitehead
    Dugan
    Nofo
    Cotric
    CWalker

Let’s see how they all wash up post teams!
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:54 am

Breaking: Carney to sign with the Cowboys
    Speedball Deluxe
    Speedball Deluxe

Post by Speedball Deluxe Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:56 am

Has the player price increases been adjusted somehow this year? I recall someone mentioning that they are adjusted every week, where as previous years was somehow different and the price increases used to take a bit longer to take effect? Does this mean a 228K who is only going to get 4 weeks in his position due to injury cover will make his money quicker than previous years making him more viable?
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:02 am

guess what fellas, it was legit:

Adrian Proszenko
    ‏@proshenks
    28m28 minutes ago
    BREAKING: @WestsTigers have dropped superstar winger David Nofoaluma to reserve grade for the #NRL season opener. In the first big selection bombshell of the new season, coach Ivan Cleary shows reputations count for nothing.

this may open the door for milne to nab a spot? but job security an issue.

Last edited by my tv broke on Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:07 am; edited 1 time in total
    GreenMachine
    GreenMachine

Post by GreenMachine Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:06 am

my tv broke wrote:guess what fellas, it was legit:

Adrian Proszenko
    ‏@proshenks
    28m28 minutes ago
    BREAKING: @WestsTigers have dropped superstar winger David Nofoaluma to reserve grade for the #NRL season opener. In the first big selection bombshell of the new season, coach Ivan Cleary shows reputations count for nothing.

That’s insane if not for discipline. Clearys on drugs

Wipes Nofo from under-owned guns list!

Last edited by GreenMachine on Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:10 am; edited 1 time in total
    Fortitude
    Fortitude

Post by Fortitude Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:06 am

I reckon BJ's nickname should be Blumpkin, or Blumpy for short. Because he is both a BJ and Shit.

NB: Probs best not to google blumpkin at work NSFW.
    bluetige
    bluetige

Post by bluetige Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:15 am

What day is it today?

Is it the Oscars? No better then that.

Is it Christmas? No, its better then that too.

Its TLT Very Happy cheer Dance
    Fortitude
    Fortitude

Post by Fortitude Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:16 am

wolfking wrote:With the looks of a fair few mid range second rowers and forwards etc. getting a look in, with the crap centre options, if you pick two established centres and run with a couple of extra of the mid ranger forwards and pick right, you'd be laughing I reckon.  Tough, but not impossible.  Your squad will look less impressive but could pay off.

Ive been contemplating this tactic for a while. Currently have Croker and Kennar. But hate the look of Kennar there.

Can down grade Papali to Jbrom and Surgess to Tohu. And have a CTR of Cotric and Maubs.

Just cant decide.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:19 am

my tv broke wrote:guess what fellas, it was legit:

Adrian Proszenko
    ‏@proshenks
    28m28 minutes ago

this may open the door for milne to nab a spot? but job security an issue.

He'll be back in a week or two.

But wow, just wow. Felt bad taking Nofo out of my team a couple of weeks ago as he was always in my initial draft but Ivan made that feeling go away.

This fantasy season is going to be carnage.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:20 am

GreenMachine wrote:

That’s insane if not for discipline. Clearys on drugs

Wipes Nofo from under-owned guns list!

Nofo is a clear cut gun, this seems very strange indeed.

Teddy could get the first ton in round number one!
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:25 am

So with Nofoaluma dropped, does that give Lolohea a reprieve, with Thompson to the wing.

Thompson on the wing is probably still worth it, but not as good as fullback

deathbywarriors
    deathbywarriors

Post by deathbywarriors Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:27 am

Is anyone else relying on one or two 2RF's to get DPP (2RF/FRF) to balance out their squad? My bench is looking a bit light on FRF unless it happens once team lists come out.

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 11:27 pm