NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

Trials and Tribulations of an NRL Fantasy coach 2018 - End result 164th

trials  tribulations - Trials and Tribulations of an NRL Fantasy coach 2018 - End result 164th - Page 8 Empty Re: Trials and Tribulations of an NRL Fantasy coach 2018 - End result 164th

Post by Guest Thu May 24, 2018 5:44 am

Rd 13 bye team pending origin

Cook*
    Taupau Fifita*
    Taumalolo Crichton* Murray
    Matterson DCE
    Marsters Mitchell*
    Tedesco* Ponga * Fonua

Doueihi Koroisau Gosi(if not injured)

Round 17

Smith
    Arrow*
    JFH Harris Martin

Last edited by Boozecluez on Thu May 24, 2018 6:28 am; edited 1 time in total
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

trials  tribulations - Trials and Tribulations of an NRL Fantasy coach 2018 - End result 164th - Page 8 Empty Re: Trials and Tribulations of an NRL Fantasy coach 2018 - End result 164th

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Thu May 24, 2018 6:05 am

Stacked Rd13 team buddy. Loving it.

I will having nothing near that
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Thu May 24, 2018 6:07 am

You're gonna fly up the rankings next week with that team.

Post by Guest Thu May 24, 2018 6:10 am

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:Stacked Rd13 team buddy. Loving it.

I will having nothing near that

Cheers mate, not completely intentional
    Just focused on non origin under priced players and it just so happens most of the good ones play this round.
    Everyone misses one game due to origin so the other benefit is I get their points rd 14 onwards too.

Sitting just under 14mil in value too so want to put it all to good use rather than have it tied up in NPR’s

Last edited by Boozecluez on Thu May 24, 2018 6:37 am; edited 1 time in total

Post by Guest Thu May 24, 2018 6:13 am

Krump wrote:You're gonna fly up the rankings next week with that team.

Thanks Krump, fingers crossed.
    Round 17 I will take a hit but no point wrecking your team for one round.
    Though if I get through to here unscathed then could possibly spend 2-3 luxury trades here (Fixing errors etc)

Post by Guest Fri May 25, 2018 8:56 am

Round 12 trades 204k

Cameron Smith priced at 807k, predicted 55-60pts
    He's back, and with no origin his main focus is on a stuttering Storm.
    Over his early season niggles out the way then it was only a matter of time to bring him back
    With the week off suspended and against a Cowboys team (that hookers score well against) then now is the time to bring him in

trials  tribulations - Trials and Tribulations of an NRL Fantasy coach 2018 - End result 164th - Page 8 Cam_sm10
    ____________________________________________________________________________

Mahe Fonua priced at 353k predicted 35-40pts
    Bought as a depth option, with upcoming DPP and playing the byes he is a perfect 18-21 player
    He doesn't need tries to score well mainly with TB and offloads, and at his price he is worth a gamble to fill in when needed

trials  tribulations - Trials and Tribulations of an NRL Fantasy coach 2018 - End result 164th - Page 8 Mahe_f10
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Fri May 25, 2018 11:12 pm

Smith was a late decision mate? Well done on bringing him in.

Post by Guest Fri May 25, 2018 11:41 pm

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:Smith was a late decision mate? Well done on bringing him in.

Made it over the past couple days ago when I deciding the merits on bringing in Surgess over Taupau
    Due to Surgess having a high BE and recovering from injury, I wanted to give him another week.

Then had to decide which gun to bring in this week for the best points return, and research led me to make the Smith move.

Worked out alright

Post by Guest Sun May 27, 2018 12:09 pm

Round 12 Results

trials  tribulations - Trials and Tribulations of an NRL Fantasy coach 2018 - End result 164th - Page 8 Round_68
    trials  tribulations - Trials and Tribulations of an NRL Fantasy coach 2018 - End result 164th - Page 8 Rouns_10

trials  tribulations - Trials and Tribulations of an NRL Fantasy coach 2018 - End result 164th - Page 8 Round_70
    trials  tribulations - Trials and Tribulations of an NRL Fantasy coach 2018 - End result 164th - Page 8 Round_69

Post by Guest Wed May 30, 2018 11:06 am

For this weeks byes I am looking at doing 4 trades, bringing in 3 guns and 1 cow
    Next week will bring in 1 more gun and should be set for a while
    Would leave me with approximately 150k for a fix/upgrade or 220k spare if min price red dot player.
    Someone like Arrow/Mcinnes/Johnson could be trade targets if Su'a or Martin need replacing

Round 17 is a write off but will captain Cam and hope for the best there.
    Though there is 2 or origin games a kiwi/england international and plenty of injuries away so no guarantee your players will be there for it.
    Secondly my cows have all peaked so to hold them on the hope they are good then doesn't work either.
    So my plan was to get my strongest team out by round 14, which just so happens to give me a decent rd 13 bye team.. Win Win

Round 13
    JFH  - Taupau
    Havili - Pereira (Red dot Dragons 212k WFB/CTR)
    RFM - Surgess
    JMK - Dugan

Round 14
    Murray - Harris

'Final team' for Round 14

Cook
    Fifita (FRF/2RF) Taupau (FRF/2RF)
    Taumalolo Crichton Martin
    DCE Matterson (HLF/2RF)
    Mitchell (CTR/WFB) Marsters (CTR/2RF)
    Tedesco Ponga Dugan (WFB/CTR)

CSmith Koroisau (HOK/HLF) Harris Surgess (FRF/2RF)

Res: Su'a Fonua (WFB/CTR) Gosiewski Pereira (WFB/CTR Red dot)

Last edited by Boozecluez on Wed May 30, 2018 1:46 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Wed May 30, 2018 11:39 am

Big props for the Dugan love pal, I am still feeling the pain from bringing him in the week he got injured. Such a big risk but he has pedigree.

Loving the big change up there. I want to do something similar but cash is pretty skint. A max cash out is my big question, not sure who is worth bringing in, maybe the big roosters winger???

Post by Guest Wed May 30, 2018 11:55 am

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:Big props for the Dugan love pal, I am still feeling the pain from bringing him in the week he got injured. Such a big risk but he has pedigree.

Loving the big change up there. I want to do something similar but cash is pretty skint. A max cash out is my big question, not sure who is worth bringing in, maybe the big roosters winger???

I think he is worth the gamble and with cover (Fonua) I feel it is worth the risk.
    He will average similar to Trbo given he plays a minimum 1 extra game, is guaranteed fullback in a good sharks team and will want his Blues jersey back.
    Noone else really appeals, Rapana doesn't get ball, Trbo has origin, Mbye is leaving so unsure how motivated he is

Considering CWalker but he really needs tries to score well, so will do some more homework on him to see if he is the better gamble.
    Watching him he really needs that big play to push his score up, Dugan to me seems more involved and as you mentioned has some pedigree to him.
    Walker is also 39k cheaper.

It all depends on what you need to 'finish' your team now, some hard choices but unsure if the Roosters winger fills that spot. Wish he was DPP

Doing some quick maths, If I go Walker and a 212k cashout I will have 266k left in the bank
    Su'a costs 552k + 266k = 818k Arrow is 797k
    Potential trade in of him round 14 then too (Though would be reliant on Murray making his BE of 58 to let me get Harris too, so risky but exciting haha)
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Wed May 30, 2018 12:14 pm

Boozecluez wrote:

I think he is worth the gamble and with cover (Fonua) I feel it is worth the risk.
    He will average similar to Trbo given he plays a minimum 1 extra game, is guaranteed fullback in a good sharks team and will want his Blues jersey back.
    Noone else really appeals, Rapana doesn't get ball, Trbo has origin, Mbye is leaving so unsure how motivated he is

Considering CWalker but he really needs tries to score well, so will do some more homework on him to see if he is the better gamble.
    Watching him he really needs that big play to push his score up, Dugan to me seems more involved and as you mentioned has some pedigree to him.
    Walker is also 39k cheaper.

It all depends on what you need to 'finish' your team now, some hard choices but unsure if the Roosters winger fills that spot. Wish he was DPP

Doing some quick maths, If I go Walker and a 212k cashout I will have 266k left in the bank
    Su'a costs 552k + 266k = 818k Arrow is 797k
    Potential trade in of him round 14 then too (Though would be reliant on Murray making his BE of 58 to let me get Harris too, so risky but exciting haha)

Much cheaper than TTurbo and if he stays fit is an absolute no brainer just like last time I purchased him. I already have Walker so it will allow me to play him in the CTR and push Fonua to cover both of those possies.

I'm not a huge fan of bringing in Taupau at that price but I can bring him and NBrown if I bring Molo along as a cashout, surely he starts to see some more time with the Cowboys in the state they are.

Post by Guest Wed May 30, 2018 12:22 pm

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:

Much cheaper than TTurbo and if he stays fit is an absolute no brainer just like last time I purchased him. I already have Walker so it will allow me to play him in the CTR and push Fonua to cover both of those possies.

I'm not a huge fan of bringing in Taupau at that price but I can bring him and NBrown if I bring Molo along as a cashout, surely he starts to see some more time with the Cowboys in the state they are.

Thing with Taupau is if he plays 60 minutes vs 50 minutes. I am not usually one to worry about minutes so much but on Taupau this is the difference between 50 and 60 points.
    I could go Surgess regardless and grab Arrow later which gives me that essential FRF/2RF cover but then what do I spend the $$$ on.
    Non origin players I can see remaining are Fitzgibbon and Mcinnes and of those Fitz appeals
    NBrown is just so risky given his long layoff and he isn't really that cheap to offset he risk.

Bargain origin players are Cleary and McCullough but there is always the risk of them not backing up so have eliminated them for now

I had to come to grips with paying top dollar for one player given I paid unders for the remaining.
    Just worried of him going 100 on me and not owning him haha

Will look at what my team could look like without him

Edited: While Fitzgibbon frees up cash and get's me a Su'a Upgrade instantly, I am lacking FRF cover and that hurt last week.
    So if paying a premium gets me that too with Taupau then I think it may be worth it for the 100k extra.

Post by Guest Wed May 30, 2018 2:04 pm

Round 13 Trades 216k remaining

Martin Taupau priced at 877k, predicted 55-60 points
    While this is a premium priced purchase it is for someone in decent form playing big minutes.
    If that person also happens to increase his PPM based on the more minutes he plays and is in
    a depleted Manly forward pack then we have a winner.
    Capable of going large on his day, no origin and good byes not to mention DPP he ticks all the boxes

trials  tribulations - Trials and Tribulations of an NRL Fantasy coach 2018 - End result 164th - Page 8 Martin10

Sam Burgess priced at 652k, predicted 50-55 points
    Big Sammy is having an indifferent year but when he stays on the field he scores well.
    A value buy version of Taupau above he helps balance out that purchase and has potential to be a cut price keeper.
    He has DPP which helps provide cover and due to his role in the team is basically a swap for JFH who has done his job.
    If he can remain injury free and be a good boy, then I see no reason he can't return to scoring 50+

trials  tribulations - Trials and Tribulations of an NRL Fantasy coach 2018 - End result 164th - Page 8 Sam_bu10

Cody Walker priced at 543k, predicted 45-50 points

Think he can lift and get back to some early season form, priced at 37 points and has a history of averaging 45.
    Gives me options with DPP as well so worth the gamble.

trials  tribulations - Trials and Tribulations of an NRL Fantasy coach 2018 - End result 164th - Page 8 Walker10

Enari Tuala priced at 223k, predicted 25-30 points

Cheap cash out, best case holds his spot and potentially earns a little bit of cash and some cover
    Worst case becomes a red dot
    Big guy and capable of breaking a tackle so all to play for and gets a start this week so will be fun to watch him in action

trials  tribulations - Trials and Tribulations of an NRL Fantasy coach 2018 - End result 164th - Page 8 Tuala10

______________________________________________________________________________

Last edited by Boozecluez on Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:01 am; edited 1 time in total
    Pacey's Best
    Pacey's Best

Fantasy Fanatics VSDT Overall Group Winner : 2016

Post by Pacey's Best Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:59 am

Booze

J.Dugan is out for a month. Hope you can reverse that trade...............................

@NRL_SC_Addicts
    3m3 minutes ago
    More
    BREAKING: Josh Dugan @Cronulla_Sharks OUT for a month with footy injury. Sione Katoa to return to @NRL v @SSFCRABBITOHS

Post by Guest Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:58 am

Pacey's Best wrote:Booze

J.Dugan is out for a month. Hope you can reverse that trade...............................

@NRL_SC_Addicts
    3m3 minutes ago
    More
    BREAKING: Josh Dugan @Cronulla_Sharks OUT for a month with footy injury. Sione Katoa to return to @NRL v @SSFCRABBITOHS

Cheers for the heads up, saw your thread early so you saved me already Smile
    Have gone Cody Walker

Post by Guest Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:00 pm

Round 13 results

trials  tribulations - Trials and Tribulations of an NRL Fantasy coach 2018 - End result 164th - Page 8 Round_71

trials  tribulations - Trials and Tribulations of an NRL Fantasy coach 2018 - End result 164th - Page 8 Round_72

trials  tribulations - Trials and Tribulations of an NRL Fantasy coach 2018 - End result 164th - Page 8 Round_74
    trials  tribulations - Trials and Tribulations of an NRL Fantasy coach 2018 - End result 164th - Page 8 Round_73

Post by Guest Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:42 am

Round 14 Trades 141k remaining

Tohu Harris, priced at 647k, predicted 50-55 points

Plays 80 min, Runs great lines so can score a try and a solid overall player
    Under priced by 100k or so worth the pick up this week
    trials  tribulations - Trials and Tribulations of an NRL Fantasy coach 2018 - End result 164th - Page 8 Tohu_h10

Jai Arrow, priced at 797k, predicted 55-60 points

The tackling machine himself and capable of a big score on his day the Arrow is a fantasy beast.
    Enjoyable player to watch and looks to be over his injury, having started with him it is time for him to come back

trials  tribulations - Trials and Tribulations of an NRL Fantasy coach 2018 - End result 164th - Page 8 Jai_ar10

Last edited by Boozecluez on Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:31 am; edited 1 time in total

Post by Guest Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:49 am

Gives me this for the week

Smith (c)
    Fifita Taupau
    Taumalolo Murray Harris
    DCE Koroisau
    Mitchell Marsters
    Tedesco Ponga Fonua

Arrow Harris Martin Walker/Tuala

Cook Crichton Gosi

By trading Su'a this week it means I can essentially swap him for Harris.
    6 trades remaining and essentially a complete team with plenty of cover.
    Will look at a Murray upgrade next week with the remaining cash to either Mcinnes/McCullough

5 trades for the run home

Over and out, have a good week everyone

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:44 pm