NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

Trials and Tribulations of an NRL Fantasy coach 2018 - End result 164th

trials  tribulations - Trials and Tribulations of an NRL Fantasy coach 2018 - End result 164th Empty Trials and Tribulations of an NRL Fantasy coach 2018 - End result 164th

Post by Guest Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:38 pm

Happiness lies within one's self, and the way to dig it out is cocaine NRL Fantasy

Well back for a third go at this, like an addiction tugging at my heart strings I am lined up for another year of this
    Perhaps this year will be less serious, real life has pulled into a good lane so just enjoying this ride and will stick to cruising along with a smile
    Anyways just going to document my Fantasy journey again, not sure how things will look this year and still have to play with the updated tools so will see what happens

Anyways about myself, I am just an average early 30s kiwi bloke who lives in Sydney and follows the Sharks.
    Try to watch all games and do my research so feel I have a good vibe for this game and it's intricacies.

This year I am in League 3 having finished last year in 733rd place so look forward to some tight matches and enjoying the banter
    2016 I finished 34th and won the sharks supporters league and have a decent track record starting from(174th in my first year in 2012) or as high as league 2 in the old sportal leagues.
    But you are as only as good as your last so will be looking to try and improve this year and have more fun along the way.

I also welcome comments and advice or any questions, so feel free to jump in here and post letting me know what you think.
    Just remember that no matter how bad you start you can always recover if you put the effort in.

https://www.nrlfantasyfanatics.com/t212-trials-and-tribulations-of-a-nrl-fantasy-coach-from-31193-to-38-overall-roller-coaster-2016-blog
    https://www.nrlfantasyfanatics.com/t420-trials-and-tribulations-of-an-nrl-fantasy-coach-2017-round-14-trades-update-08-06

Every blog needs a theme song so get this into ya.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j58V2vC9EPc&index=1&list=RDj58V2vC9EPc

Like a red headed Johns Phoenix, this thread is back from the ashes, reborn

trials  tribulations - Trials and Tribulations of an NRL Fantasy coach 2018 - End result 164th 41970_11

Last edited by Boozecluez on Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:04 pm; edited 32 times in total
    Moose
    Moose

trials  tribulations - Trials and Tribulations of an NRL Fantasy coach 2018 - End result 164th Empty Re: Trials and Tribulations of an NRL Fantasy coach 2018 - End result 164th

Post by Moose Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:45 pm

Yeah Boozey is back!! Glad to see you return lad!

As you know I'm a fan of your thread and have followed it closely the last couple of seasons.

Looking forward to your thoughts, decisions and advice on all things NRL Fantasy in 2018 Cheers
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

trials  tribulations - Trials and Tribulations of an NRL Fantasy coach 2018 - End result 164th Empty Re: Trials and Tribulations of an NRL Fantasy coach 2018 - End result 164th

Post by rhinoceroo Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:45 pm

Glad this is happening again. Good luck Booze...
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:50 pm

Agreed. Huzzah!
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:20 am

Good on you Boozy. I thought you had been lost to the world !
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:59 am

Good luck booze lad!

Less stressing over fantasy bro, less dummy spits and lets have a good year! Good luck lad
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:01 pm

Looking forward to following your journey again!
    Pacey's Best
    Pacey's Best

Fantasy Fanatics VSDT Overall Group Winner : 2016

Post by Pacey's Best Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:19 pm

Glad to see you back Booze. Looking forward to the year ahead.

Post by Guest Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:38 pm

Cheers everyone for your comments, can't wait for final team lists Laugh
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:54 pm

Will be following the thread.

Also Boozey, how high do you have to be up the ladder before you stop giving public updated because you don't want to give your competitors public knowledge of your movements?
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:54 pm

Good luck Boozey, love this thread

Post by Guest Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:12 pm

Milchcow wrote:
    Will be following the thread.

Also Boozey, how high do you have to be up the ladder before you stop giving public updated because you don't want to give your competitors public knowledge of your movements?

I have updated this thread in advance the past 2 years regardless of how high I got so it's not really an issue.
    The prizes are so crap this year so that side of things is irrelevant and only for fun now, might as well share everything like I have in the past.
    Guess will go back to where the thread begun in the first year and hope people enjoy the few minutes that take coming by for a read.

Will post my team up and mention my trades each week, if it helps some or cost me some places then so be it.
    Not sure what else people want to read or see, perhaps may and look to try and build a huge value cow team or go a forward heavy team or tackle bust glass canon team... Will see

In regards to how I construct my team, as like every year will build my team from selecting the guns first, underpriced middies next then guns last.
    I feel building that early value and choosing the right players is extra important this year and this dictates everything (with less players slots to achieve this)
    Will be less conservative this year as well but really need to see what TLT delivers.

Anyways haven't really bothered to build a proper team yet, only takes a couple things to completely destroy it and you are back to the start again....
    Just a set pool of players ready to slot in

Thanks for stopping by. just hoping they haven't destroyed my nice graphs options with all their 'updates'
    Onthebeatpete
    Onthebeatpete

Post by Onthebeatpete Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:14 pm

Good luck this year Booze! Smile

Post by Guest Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:02 pm

Team list (502k in bank)

Smith
    Arrow Lodge
    Cartwright RFM Griffin
    Croft DCE
    Mitchell Hiku
    Tedesco Ponga Katoa

Cook Lichaa Havili Godinet

LCroker SWilliams Nicholls Kikau

See below

Rolling the dice on Godinet/Havili/Griffin as if one pays off it will result in a decent return.. No job security but could be worse.
    No cover in the back 3 though if someone pulls out will probably cost me a few points that a crap wfb would give me anyways
    Will see how this all looks come this time next week, 502k also allows me to fix things and cherry pick players as needed.
    While I may lose a few points because of this at least I hopefully won't be stuck with deadwood doing nothing or grabbing the wrong gun that bleed cash early on

Last edited by Boozecluez on Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:59 pm; edited 4 times in total

Post by Guest Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:08 pm

Final team list player rundown

____________________________________________________________________________
    Cameron Smith HOK - Priced at 63 points, 917K Predicted 60-65 points

Safe captain, work rate may even lift due to more responsibilty with Cronk gone. First player picked
    Nothing more to be said here
    ____________________________________________________________________________
    Jai Arrow FRF/2RF priced at 28 points, 409k Predicted 35-40 points (pending FRF to be added to make DPP)
    The other big purchase by the Titans with big wraps on him.
    Will start off for at least a couple weeks in the front row, similar player to Jarod Wallace and has great potential.
    When he has played around 45 minutes he averages 37 points though this has been off the bench.
    This is more a buy looking towards the later part of the season, provides DPP cover for me as well

_____________________________________________________________________________
    Matt Lodge FRF priced at 25 points, 365k Predicted 30-35 points
    A lot has been said about him so will keep it simple.
    Big guy, can play solid minutes and ball play. Crap Human

______________________________________________________________________________
    Bryce Cartwright HLF/2RF priced at 22 points, 325k Predicted 35-40 points
    At a new team and being the Titans premier signing will start at lock.
    While he loves a missed tackle he makes up for it in attack and will be given free licence to roam and pop up on the field.
    When starting in the backrow he averages 73 minutes at 50 points.
    If he can get 80% of this then he is great value and worth the gamble as long as he can remain injury free and out of trouble.
    ______________________________________________________________________________
    Slade Griffin 2rf/Hok priced at 26 points, 382k Predicted 35-40 points
    He has been given the starting spot in the Knights linuep so thinking he should get some decent minutes based on the bench
    While Watson and Buhrer can both fill in, I believe he should still get at least what Levi did last year (64 minutes)
    At a PPM of 0.8 this would give him 51 points but this is based on a small sample size of 5 games and a few unknowns
    Medium risk and one I will gamble with over some of the similar placed 2rf on offer.
    If he can score alright and make some decent cash then I will be happy, worst case he can be safely moved to a missed cow

________________________________________________________________________________
    Raymond Faitala Mariner 2RF priced at 27 points, 389k Predicted 35-40 points
    Has finally been given a start and with a good trial/off season looks to be the goods
    When starting in the backrow and playing at least 60 minutes he averages 47
    Small sample size but regardless of where he plays his PPM is 0.75 so only needs 50 minutes to average 37 points
    Think he will should get 60+ minutes easily on the edge and be great value

_________________________________________________________________________________
    Brodie Croft HLF priced at 38 points, 558k Predicted 40-45 points
    Cronks doppleganger and understudy and will finally get to run the team.
    Has played 4 games and averaged 55 but scored a couple tries in these games which won't happen
    However based on trial form and in a decent Storm outfit then seems like he is up for a big 2018
    Hard to predict what he earns and not a lot of value buys in the halves this year but worth starting with

_____________________________________________________________________________________
    Daly Cherry Evans HLF priced at 49 points, 715k, Predicted 50-55 points
    DCE goes under the radar most years since his rookie season.
    For a half he is pretty consistent, and this year should get more kick metres again with Greens departure and possibly even goal kicking.
    With Thurston retiring you know he has that drive to play Origin again so could be in for a big year with a point to prove

__________________________________________________________________________________________
    Latrell Mitchell CTR/WFB priced at 38 points, 556k Predicted 40-45 points
    Great off season and with a new sense of maturity he looks to be in for a good year
    Looks to be heavily involved based on the off season, and capable of a large score on his day he is one you want on your team.
    Also a chance of a few sneaky points from goal kicking should SST be off the field
    __________________________________________________________________________________________
    Peta Hiku CTR/WFB priced at 19 points, 283k, Predicted 30 points[/b]
    Best of the cheap bunch, money ball pick that has alright job security
    Capable of scoring a try averaging one every 2 games, bit of a ball hog too so should hopefully have a few runs.
    Popular pick as well so if he goes bad this is mitigated by everyone playing him

____________________________________________________________________________________________
    James Tedesco WFB priced at 52 points, 761k Predicted 50-55 points
    One of my splurges and has been in and out of my team all preseason.
    Someone that can go huge on his day but the unknown is how he does in a Roosters team with other gun players.
    Not prepared to risk going without him and have opted for a reliable scorer in a volatile position.
    While he may not earn a lot of $$$ , the difference between a 50 average at the back or an unknown nuffie scoring 10 points can break your season.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
    Kalyn Ponga WFB priced at 41 points, 552K Predicted 40-45 points
    Another very popular choice so won't go into details here.
    When playing 80 minutes he averaged 49 and is capable of matching even Tedesco on his day.
    Simply put if he can play like he did at the Cowboys then should be in for a big year but worst case should be a consistent scorer

________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Sione Katoa WFB priced at 14 points, 212k Predicted 25-30 points
    Up there with the most picked player, gunned it in NYC for 2 years and impressed in preseason.
    Has a decent fend, quick and great foot work and capable of a big score in a good Sharks team.
    Have watched him in the past couple years live (Sharks fan) and he has some X factor about him.
    Will be a fun ride regardless.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Damian Cook HOK priced at 34 points, 503k Predicted 45-50 points
    With potential to finally get 80 minutes, great pre season form and a Rabbitohs team on the up he could be in for a huge year.
    When he gets at least 70 minutes he averages 57.No farah on the bench. That is all

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Michael Lichaa HOK priced at 36 points, 533k Predicted 40-45 points
    When he has played more than 60 minutes last year he averaged 46 (he played 2 games off bench for under 10 minutes and x4 low 30 minute ones)
    And that is in a year where he played poor with basically no attack or runs out of Dummy half.
    Not a fan of his in real life but looks fit and healthy this year so seems a good option, looks happy and has mentioned he is allowed to 'play his natural game'.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

[INSERT 2 CHEAPIES] For 3rd and 4th reserve spots from

Pita Godinet HOK priced at 16 points, 228k, predicted 30+ points
    Had a great off season including World cup and earned a starting spot at hooker. Unsure of minutes but given his position he should make plenty of tackles.
    Risk running with him and could be replaced at any stage but if he can play well and hold his spot could be a early nice cash grab

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Siliva Havili HOK priced at 16 points, 228k, predicted 30+ points
    Had a great off season including World cup and earned a starting spot at hooker. Unsure of minutes but given his position he should make plenty of tackles.
    Risk running with him and could be replaced at any stage but if he can play well and hold his spot could be a early nice cash grab

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Sam Williams HLF priced at 20 points, 298k, predicted 30-35 points
    Bit of a smokey slow burner but he is brought in to direct the Raiders team around
    In the past he has averaged 35 points as a half so possibly 10-15 points underpriced and this means a healthy profit
    Kicks close to 300m a game and with some tackles and a decent draw should score ok.. One to leave in the NPR's
    Also with Austin/Sezer both training at hooker he is now the main playmaker but who knows with Ricky Suart

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Lachlan Croker HLF priced at 16 points, 228k, predicted 30 points
    No huge expectations for Lachlan as will sit in my NPR for most of the year until he can be cashed out.
    Decent job security, cheap and another slow burner but should make a bit of cash

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Mark Nicholls 2RF/FRF priced at 16 points, 228k predicted 30 points
    Bit of a quiet acheiver but he had a great off season being close to the Rabbitohs best forward.
    Minutes are up in the air but if he can secure 40+ and can hold down the starting spot then can be a good cow.
    At worst will still make some coin, but has potential to score well given his ability

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Viliame Kikau 2RF/FRF priced at 16 points, 228k predicted 30 points
    Monster in stature, big off load and can find the line coming off a huge world cup
    Has found a starting gig so if he plays well could potentially hold the spot but even off the bench should score ok still.
    One that is a bit of a gamble given the quality 2rf's at the panthers but who knows

Last edited by Boozecluez on Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:18 pm; edited 33 times in total
    pm888
    pm888

Post by pm888 Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:17 pm

thanks mate, you always offer a balanced perspective
    Sik
    Sik

Post by Sik Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:54 am

Good to see you back boozy. Look forward to following you closely like the previous 2 years.

Post by Guest Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:43 pm

Placeholder for starting team, will be updated at end of Round 1

Last edited by Boozecluez on Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:56 pm; edited 2 times in total

Post by Guest Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:44 pm

TEAM LOCKDOWN

via GIPHY

Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:03 pm

No WFB or CTR cover.

Brave man. Hope it pays off

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:05 am