NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 5

Nofzilla

2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 5 - Page 50 Empty Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 5

Post by Nofzilla Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:43 am

Is it better to run with two FRF and no backups or Kane Evans as that back up?
    Warriors
    Warriors

2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 5 - Page 50 Empty Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 5

Post by Warriors Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:54 am

Nofzilla wrote:Is it better to run with two FRF and no backups or Kane Evans as that back up?

On the chance that one of your two starting FRF only miss 1 or 2 games and you don't want to trade them Kikau (Panthers) is down as a FRF so if in your squad could become an emergency. He may start the year as a starting second rower. Evans should score around 27-32 average if given 35 minutes if you want to go with him but feel there could be better value out there.

Post by Guest Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:38 am

Is it a waste to have Cartwright and Welch in my 18-21?

Post by Guest Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:55 am

G’day kents. Footy season’s almost here. Time for the Rabbit to come out of his burrow :-) Here’s my magnificent team so far;

McInnes
    Vaughan, McGuire,
    Murray, Harris, Fitzgibbon
    Hunt, Croft
    Milne, Kennar
    Ponga, Tedesco, Hiku

Cartwright, Croker, Garvey, Isaako, Rochow, Nicholls, Katoa, Kikau

If Max King starts, he’s straight in somewhere. Up the Bunnies. Fuck the Bonzos.

wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:00 am

Rabbit wrote:G’day kents. Footy season’s almost here. Time for the Rabbit to come out of his burrow :-) Here’s my magnificent team so far;

McInnes
    Vaughan, McGuire,
    Hunt, Croft
    Milne, Kennar
    Ponga, Tedesco, Hiku

Cartwright, Croker, Garvey,  Isaako, Rochow, Nicholls, Katoa, Kikau

If Max King starts, he’s straight in somewhere. Up the Bunnies. Fuck the Bonzos.

Hey mate, welcome back.

Interesting squad with some very interesting picks. I'd love to go Vaughn but at his price and uncertainty with minutes I'm just not sure I can do it. Fitzgibbon will be a good pick IMO if he can keep his starting role. Didn't like what I saw of Hunt though in the game on the weekend and I think Widdop will take a lot of his opportunities. Rochow is a wasted pick, I don't see him getting into the team.

Post by Guest Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:02 am

The bench will change after TLT. I think Hunt will have a big year. They bought him to lead them around the park. He’s a proven fantasy gun.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:03 am

Rabbit wrote:The bench will change after TLT. I think Hunt will have a big year. They bought him to lead them around the park. He’s a proven fantasy gun.

I agree, but he just hasn't been himself the last couple of years. A definite POD pick though I'd say that could come off quite nicely.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:06 am

Rabbit wrote:G’day kents. Footy season’s almost here. Time for the Rabbit to come out of his burrow :-) Here’s my magnificent team so far;

McInnes
    Vaughan, McGuire,
    Hunt, Croft
    Milne, Kennar
    Ponga, Tedesco, Hiku

G'day mate. I like the starting 13. Where's Adam Reynolds?

Post by Guest Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:10 am

White Lightning wrote:

G'day mate. I like the starting 13. Where's Adam Reynolds?

Unless Reynolds gets some form back, I’d drop him. He was shit last year, albeit carrying injuries, but he is very injury prone these days and his defence has slipped. If he slips up, there are a couple of good ones in the wings - Connor Tracey is going to be a star. Doueihi likewise. Adam has been very disappointing last 2 seasons. I hope he proves me wrong.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:15 am

Rabbit wrote:

Unless Reynolds gets some form back, I’d drop him. He was shit last year, albeit carrying injuries, but he is very injury prone these days and his defence has slipped. If he slips up, there are a couple of good ones in the wings - Connor Tracey is going to be a star. Doueihi likewise. Adam has been very disappointing last 2 seasons. I hope he proves me wrong.

As a Bunnies fan also I agree with all of this.  Reynolds was the best halfback in the game a couple of years ago but he's been disappointing ever since.  Guys like the Burgess boys and their young backs have been getting drilled (and rightly so) but Reynolds doesn't seem to cop the same heat, and he needs to. I hope Seibold can make a stand on this.
    Fortitude
    Fortitude

Post by Fortitude Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:23 am

Canberra times with a few interesting points this morning. Summary:

Whitehead has moved to Lock.
    Tapine to start second row
    Soli not sure of starting role. Maybe part of frf rotation?
    Sezer looking to spend time in the hooker role.

Think this makes Whitehead much much more tempting, tapine if you cant squeeze whitehead in.

Sezer has burnt me in the past, maybe extra points on offer if he plays hooker for the last 20mins with slow forwards around the middle? Seems an unnecessary risk though
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:33 am

Fortitude wrote:Canberra times with a few interesting points this morning. Summary:

Think this makes Whitehead much much more tempting, tapine if you cant squeeze whitehead in.

Sezer has burnt me in the past, maybe extra points on offer if he plays hooker for the last 20mins with slow forwards around the middle? Seems an unnecessary risk though

Soli would give Whitehead a spell off the bench you'd think. Surely you wouldn't see Papa, Tap and pimple all playing 80.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:43 am

wolfking wrote:

Soli would give Whitehead a spell off the bench you'd think.  Surely you wouldn't see Papa, Tap and pimple all playing 80.

I think Soliola will spell Tapine & play lock with Whitehead going to the edge. I think Whitehead will play 80 minutes.
    Warriors
    Warriors

Post by Warriors Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:44 am

Mighty Fishes wrote:Is it a waste to have Cartwright and Welch in my 18-21?

Yes, I think so. If you are having Welch start him and spend the money elsewhere on a gun like Smith or Tedesco.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:46 am

Can't see myself changing this team much although lack of depth in positions on the bench may be concerning;

Smith
    Lodge NAS
    Harris Murray Arrow
    Croft Carty
    Milne Hiku
    Teddy Ponga Nofo

Lichaa RFM AFB Watson

Garvey Croker Kennar Kikau

Obviously question marks still around AFB.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:49 am

White Lightning wrote:

I think Soliola will spell Tapine & play lock with Whitehead going to the edge. I think Whitehead will play 80 minutes.

Makes sense.
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:51 am

McInnes
    Vaughan, McGuire,
    Hunt, Croft
    Milne, Kennar
    Ponga, Tedesco, Hiku

Welcome back Rabbit!

Can't wait for you to stir up the banter on the forum again Twisted Evil
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:58 am

Fortitude wrote:Canberra times with a few interesting points this morning. Summary:

Whitehead and Tapine would be good value if this is the case
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:04 am

McInnes
    Vaughan, McGuire,
    Hunt, Croft
    Milne, Kennar
    Ponga, Tedesco, Hiku

G'day Rabbit, if you want some unsolicited advice on your team.
    Vaughan won't reproduce laat years form.
    I like Fitzgibbon, but he is not priced well in fantasy as i think there is better value out there
    Kennar is a trap who will provide crap fantasy scores

Who is your captain, and why don't you rate Cook?
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:18 am

Just had a look at the stats for Tapine... and it doesn't look like there is much value fantasy wise if he starts. Whitehead on the other hand should be able to get avg an extra 10 fantasy points if he starts at lock

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 6:37 pm