NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NFL FANTASY III

BroncHose
    BroncHose

NFL FANTASY III - Page 11 Empty Re: NFL FANTASY III

Post by BroncHose Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:55 pm

luckynumber8 wrote:Honestly, I don't know half the players in the league. Anyone care to give my draft a rating out of 10?

draft analysis are up now - although I see some issues with the sims with some of the projected points for the rookies and injury affected players (like Kareem Hunt) as the projections don't take these into account - anyways....

Franks Underwoods:

QB - Brady
    RB - L. Miller / K. Hunt / Abdullah / Kelley / J. Hill
    WR - J. Jones / G. Tate / Landry / Decker / Lockett / Wallace
    TE - K. Rudolph
    K - Gostkowski
    D - Seattle

NFL FANTASY III - Page 11 Screen13
    StuDogg101
    StuDogg101

Post by StuDogg101 Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:08 pm

Brady was about the only true snipe of the draft for me it looks like. As in the immediate pick before mine being taken. Other players I would have liked but not truly sniped from getting. I feel like Julio is going to go gangbusters this year so hopefully he stays on the park
    Archer
    Archer

Post by Archer Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:36 pm

QB - Mariota
    RB - Lynch, Gordon, Powell, Blount, Forte
    WR - D. Thomas, M.Thomas, Jackson, Matthews
    TE - Walker, Doyle
    K - Bailey
    Def - Panthers

Overall Rating - Meh nfi/That'll do pig
    StuDogg101
    StuDogg101

Post by StuDogg101 Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:41 pm

QB - Brees, Carr
    RB - Bell, Gurley, McFadden, West
    WR - Jeffery, Watkins, Benjamin, Marshall, Moncrief
    TE - Gronkowski, Ebron
    DEF - Jaguars
    K - Vinatieri

Going to look at waivers for Defense I think. Happy with at least 1 of every position which is a good start. Feel like I lucked in getting Gronk R4, although it meant skipping a top WR for that round. Watkins is a risk but I think it's a gamble worth taking. Getting Carr as a backup so late was a bonus. He did well for me last year behind Rodgers so will see what role he plays in my team this season. Plus I think Brees puts up good numbers for being in a mediocre team.

WITH TOP-TIER EXPECTATIONS, CANTERBURY CHARIZARDS STOCKPILES RBS

Draft GradeA-
    Proj Record10-3
    Proj Finish2

DRAFT SUMMARY

Along with a solid draft position,, Canterbury Charizards had an outstanding performance. They didn't overload at any one position early on, instead focusing on balance by drafting a quarterback, running back, wide receiver, and tight end within their first five picks. By the end of the draft, Canterbury Charizards landed the highest-scoring quartet of running backs in the league.

Canterbury Charizards adhered to fantasy tradition, selecting a pair of running backs with their first two picks (Le'Veon Bell and Todd Gurley).Other NFL.com drafters felt that choosing Darren McFadden in the 10th round was somewhat of a stretch (99th overall pick versus an ADP of 144.0).The other league managers may have passed over a diamond in the rough, as Derek Carr dropped to the 119th overall pick versus an ADP of 92.0.

Last edited by StuDogg101 on Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
    luckynumber8
    luckynumber8

Post by luckynumber8 Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:34 pm

Where do I find these draft analysis?
    Deuces
    Deuces

Post by Deuces Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:35 pm

luckynumber8 wrote:Where do I find these draft analysis?

Go to your leagues main page....the one with the scoreboard and table and click on one of the tabs up the top that says Draft Recap.
    luckynumber8
    luckynumber8

Post by luckynumber8 Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:37 pm

Found mine. It's not pretty.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:10 pm

StuDogg101 wrote:Brady was about the only true snipe of the draft for me it looks like. As in the immediate pick before mine being taken. Other players I would have liked but not truly sniped from getting. I feel like Julio is going to go gangbusters this year so hopefully he stays on the park

Good stuff Dogg. Julio is my fave WR. Fantasy and fan perspective. Some say they think the falcons might regress this season as they have been offensively flying for a couple seasons now. But with Jones and Gabriel plus Freeman and Coleman a couple of them will be hard to slow down. Esp Jones being a freak talent.

@Shanbon - you mean it takes to long for the 'turn' to come back around to the next guy?
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:12 pm

StuDogg101 wrote:QB - Brees, Carr
    RB - Bell, Gurley, McFadden, West
    WR - Jeffery, Watkins, Benjamin, Marshall, Moncrief
    TE - Gronkowski, Ebron
    DEF - Jaguars
    K - Vinatieri

Going to look at waivers for Defense I think. Happy with at least 1 of every position which is a good start. Feel like I lucked in getting Gronk R4, although it meant skipping a top WR for that round. Watkins is a risk but I think it's a gamble worth taking. Getting Carr as a backup so late was a bonus. He did well for me last year behind Rodgers so will see what role he plays in my team this season. Plus I think Brees puts up good numbers for being in a mediocre team.

WITH TOP-TIER EXPECTATIONS, CANTERBURY CHARIZARDS STOCKPILES RBS

Draft GradeA-
    Proj Record10-3
    Proj Finish2

DRAFT SUMMARY

Along with a solid draft position,, Canterbury Charizards had an outstanding performance. They didn't overload at any one position early on, instead focusing on balance by drafting a quarterback, running back, wide receiver, and tight end within their first five picks. By the end of the draft, Canterbury Charizards landed the highest-scoring quartet of running backs in the league.

Canterbury Charizards adhered to fantasy tradition, selecting a pair of running backs with their first two picks (Le'Veon Bell and Todd Gurley).Other NFL.com drafters felt that choosing Darren McFadden in the 10th round was somewhat of a stretch (99th overall pick versus an ADP of 144.0).The other league managers may have passed over a diamond in the rough, as Derek Carr dropped to the 119th overall pick versus an ADP of 92.0.

Gronk in Rd 4 ? Damn. Im sure he went in the 2nd in ours.
    BroncHose
    BroncHose

Post by BroncHose Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:16 pm

StuDogg101 wrote:Brady was about the only true snipe of the draft for me it looks like. As in the immediate pick before mine being taken. Other players I would have liked but not truly sniped from getting. I feel like Julio is going to go gangbusters this year so hopefully he stays on the park

Well if you really want Brady that much, I'll be happy to take Bell of your hands!
    StuDogg101
    StuDogg101

Post by StuDogg101 Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:17 pm

He was ultra tempting as my r3 pick. I don't think I've ever drafted every major position in the first 5 rounds before lol that was the surprising stat from my recap.

What's your team of choice Rev?
    StuDogg101
    StuDogg101

Post by StuDogg101 Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:22 pm

BroncHose wrote:

Well if you really want Brady that much, I'll be happy to take Bell of your hands!

Nah it was just the Brady/Gronk combo that was tempting at the time lol thanks though Surprised
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:19 pm

Fucking shit. I was all over this forum today and totally forgot about the draft. Whoops. Mad
    BroncHose
    BroncHose

Post by BroncHose Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:36 pm

wolfking wrote:Fucking shit.  I was all over this forum today and totally forgot about the draft.  Whoops. Mad

Unlucky!  Shocked
    how did your draft recap go?

Doesn't look that bad. and you've got DJ anyway, so you're probably predicted to take out the league.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:52 am

TysonFrizellsBottomBitch wrote:QB - Mariota
    RB - Lynch, Gordon, Powell, Blount, Forte
    WR - D. Thomas, M.Thomas, Jackson, Matthews
    TE - Walker, Doyle
    K - Bailey
    Def - Panthers

Overall Rating - Meh nfi/That'll do pig

Great team
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:04 am

Awesome team as well Studogg, Gronk in the 4th is absolute daylight robbery
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:30 am

Now the fun begins boys, NRL fantasy season is over and NFL is back this week! Get in!! There are a few guys in filthy about missing, so down for trades guys! @surmo13 with the draft strategy of riling the Welsh lad worked a treat! You little fucker haha
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:53 am

Welshy wrote:Now the fun begins boys, NRL fantasy season is over and NFL is back this week! Get in!! There are a few guys in filthy about missing, so down for trades guys! @surmo13 with the draft strategy of riling the Welsh lad worked a treat! You little fucker haha

I will give you a rubber band, two paper clips and a stick of gum for Gore, you handsome looking beast of a man.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:56 am

Random wrote:

I will give you a rubber band, two paper clips and a stick of gum for Gore, you handsome looking beast of a man.

You had me at rubber band mate....
    ryno_
    ryno_

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2018

Post by ryno_ Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:18 am

Yippee Ki Ajayi Mo' Fuckers
    Grade - B
    Proj Record - 6-7
    Proj Finish - 5th.

DRAFT SUMMARY
    Picking ninth overall in the opening round, Yippee Ki Ajayi Mo' Fuckers had a decent showing and put together a team that will possibly lead to a postseason berth. They went all-in on running backs early, using their first three selections to add players at that position. At another spot in the lineup, Yippee Ki Ajayi Mo' Fuckers was able to secure a quartet of wide receivers with plenty of room to grow.
    According to ADP, it was a bit of a reach selecting Keenan Allen in the 4th round (32nd overall pick versus an ADP of 69.0 across all NFL.com leagues).

Keenan Allen 69 ADP? Hmmm. If you say so. I was happy to get him at the turn of 4th-5th. It also recommends I pick Edelman up from the wire so take it all with a grain of salt.

Strengths -
    Brandon McManus is projected to be the fourth-best K in the league.

Thats it. Using the plural of "strengths" was a bit superfluous.

The best thing they could say about my team was that my kicker is the 4th best. :lol: what a pack of superstars I have.

Trading block is open for business

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 5:20 pm