NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NFL FANTASY III

Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

NFL FANTASY III - Page 8 Empty Re: NFL FANTASY III

Post by Revraiser Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:00 am

Cheers lads ! Ima comin !
    StuDogg101
    StuDogg101

Post by StuDogg101 Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:34 am

Proxy drafting with the big boys. Wish me luck lol
    Pain
    Pain

NFL Dynasty Champion : 2019
    NFL Fantasy L2 Champion : 2019

Post by Pain Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:46 am

Interesting to see what I end up with.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:48 am

Pain wrote:Interesting to see what I end up with.

You live drafting mate? Jump in, waiting for that Dolphins logo to light up.
    Pain
    Pain

Post by Pain Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:57 am

Welshy wrote:

You live drafting mate? Jump in, waiting for that Dolphins logo to light up.

Nah I'll miss most of it. Have a presentation to this morning.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:58 am

Pain wrote:

Nah I'll miss most of it. Have a presentation to this morning.

Presentation Smesentation, jump in when you can fella
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:27 pm

May as well post our teams up

QB - Rodgers / Mariota

RB - Ajaayi / Elliott / J Rodgers / Hyde

WR - Thielen / M Bryant / Gabriel / C Davis / C Kupp

TE - Doyle / Njoku

Kicker - Santos

DEFENSE - Eagles

Pretty happy with how it turned out, QB strong and RB strong (pending Zeke's fate) either way though once he is back if it was Round 6 he will go banana's. Cant complain with that RB setup, only gripe is i wanted McFadden of the Cowboys but had to weigh up how soon to grab. Very keen on Ajaayi as a player, even at Miami he should be banging out great scores this year.
    If i didn't take Zeke as my 2nd pick it would have been Gronk, and i knew either way i would only be able to snap one up. Worth the risk here i reckon.

Took Rodgers early, but again if i didnt take him when i did i would not have him i am sure. Mariota a great backup. Could have a stellar year.

WR is my usual fave position, my focus for the draft each year. But drafting 9th and with who was remaining on the draft i had to go in with open eyes beyond WR ! I do love Martavis Bryant though, top 5 reciever for mine, just a matter of getting enough targets and he will go big this year. Davis and Kupp long shots, worthy stashes. Gabriel and Thielen are similar in that they could go well with Diggs and Jones ahead of them in the pecking order the only question.

Tight end, after Gronk is taken i genuinely dont worry about this position. The next 4 or 5 TE's are good players but the position and week to week variance in a TE's output leaves me to grab these two and even stream week to week here. Not fussed.

Kicker and defense Meh, i do favour Santos as it seems the Chiefs often bag field goals in lower scoring games, but ultimately a streamed possy at times.
    Defense i will change with regularity. Philly v Redskins game 1.. not sure.

Good job boys, just felt like thinking it out after the fact. Good luck all, lets see if the best man wins !

Rev
    Archer
    Archer

Post by Archer Sat Sep 02, 2017 4:48 pm

What the fuck, email told me our draft starts 02 Sep, 6am BST, but now I'm logged in looking, there is a timer saying it doesn't start for another 1 day and 11 min... How did the email get it so wrong Sad
    BroncHose
    BroncHose

Post by BroncHose Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:43 pm

Revraiser wrote:May as well post our teams up

QB - Rodgers / Mariota

RB - Ajaayi / Elliott / J Rodgers / Hyde

WR - Thielen / M Bryant / Gabriel / C Davis / C Kupp

TE - Doyle / Njoku

Kicker - Santos

DEFENSE - Eagles

Rev

Nice work Rev - I like the Adam Thielen pick, when did you get him?

Keen to hear how the other teams went. I just finished a mock, but it was thrown out from the start when someone went with OBJ at No1.
    Shanbon
    Shanbon

Post by Shanbon Sat Sep 02, 2017 6:23 pm

Anyone want to post up the full League 1 draft?
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Sat Sep 02, 2017 7:49 pm

BroncHose wrote:

Nice work Rev - I like the Adam Thielen pick, when did you get him?

Keen to hear how the other teams went. I just finished a mock, but it was thrown out from the start when someone went with OBJ at No1.

Round 6 being pick 52, early, but not to me.

There is great recap/coverage of the draft results in the nfl.com sight, but how do i bring it across here without it being so huge.

Here's an auto summary of mine hehe, interesting.

WITH RISKY REACHES, REVRAISER - STIRLINGSHARPE ASPIRES TO TRANSCEND THE MIDDLE OF THE PACK

Draft Grade
    B
    Proj Record
    3-10
    Proj Finish

DRAFT SUMMARY
    After selecting ninth overall, Revraiser - Stirlingsharpe is also projected to finish ninth in NRLFF League 1. While the projections aren't ideal, the squad is presented with an opportunity to prove them wrong once the games begin. They went after ball carriers early, using three of their first four selections on running backs. Elsewhere on the roster, Revraiser - Stirlingsharpe was able to secure the highest-scoring tandem of quarterbacks in the league.
    Revraiser - Stirlingsharpe adhered to fantasy tradition, selecting a pair of running backs with their first two picks (Jay Ajayi and Ezekiel Elliott).
    According to ADP, it was a bit of a reach selecting Adam Thielen in the 6th round (52nd overall pick versus an ADP of 133.0 across all NFL.com leagues).
    Revraiser - Stirlingsharpe got off to a sizzling start, amassing the most projected points in the league during the first half of the draft.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:07 pm

Great write up Rev, enjoyed reading that fella. Will add mine in now when I get up for the day, that draft took it out of me, waking up this morning 2 hours later than usual haha
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:38 pm

Great Odins Ravens

Pick 8th

QB
    Jameis Winston
    Philip Rivers

RB
    Melvin Gordon
    Devonta Freeman
    Frank Gore
    Mike Gillislee
    Derek Henry

WR
    Doug Baldwin
    Alshon Jeffrey
    Davante Adams
    Stefon Diggs
    Pierre Garcon

TE
    Jimmy Graham

Kicker
    Caleb Sturgis

Defense
    Baltimore Ravens

Whilst never ideal going near the end of rounds, my draft strategy never changed, RB-RB rounds 1-2 was the target. Minus one of the elite WRs falling to me at 8th Melvin Gordon or Devonta was my first pick, so I was ecstatic to get both with my first 2 picks! Felt this set me up nicely for the rest of my draft. Felt there was so much WR talent around in the mid rounds and I was going to pick up the BPA in that position as and when.

Buzzing I landed Doug Baldwin with my 3rd round pick, top 10 WR! tossed up going Rodgers but stuck to my QB late plan, i would of gone Carlos Hyde with my 4th round pick but he went a selection before me! Gutted! I reverted back to my WR plan and picked up Alshon Jeffrey, top 10 wideout WHEN HEALTHY, in a great scenario this year with Philly and a very decent O.

Davante Adams I would of happily got as my WR2, TD machine in the best offense in the NFL, great flex play

Next I picked up Jimmy Graham, I usually am happy to wait on a TE but I had both RB, WR and Flex slot locked up, Jimmy had 9 TD and nearly a 1000 yards last year playing on a busted knee, huge, huge upside. Didn't fancy any of the QBs at this point in the draft.

next rounds were all about building depth and finding some gems for trade bait and quality flex plays, feel I got some very decent guys here with some great value, especially the WRs who are the team No.1s and should see alot of volume

Gore
    Gillislee
    Diggs
    Garcon

Gore is the undisputed no1 RB for the colts but without Luck he might not be as effective, Gills should get all 2 down work for the pats and happy I grabbed him here, Diggs and Garcon should see a LOT of targets this year, Diggs especially could be gold this year

In the 11th I took a flyer on Derrick Henry, if he gets even reps with DeMarco he could be special in that Titans O

not until the 12th did i select my first QB, which I then followed up by going back to back will play either depending on weekly matchup, Jameis Winston has the potential and offence to go bananas this year and enter the NFL fantasy QB elite, his backup, Philip Rivers again with a loaded O

Knowing synesters (surmo) love for his own Baltimore D, I grabbed them next up, payback for getting a few of my targets earlier in the draft, finished off the draft by grabbing Sturgis as my kicker, better offence should lead to a few more points.

I was very happy with how my draft panned out, grabbed alot of guys i was targetting and didn't reach for anyone too much, this was the write up NFL.com gave my squad

WITH TITLE AMBITIONS, GREAT ODINS RAVENS LOADS UP ON RBS

Draft Grade
    A
    Proj Record
    9-4
    Proj Finish
    DRAFT SUMMARY
    Great Odins Ravens took advantage of picking eighth overall, assembling a roster that will give opponents fits this season. They stocked up on pass-catching weapons early, using three of their first five selections to pick up wide receivers. At another spot in the lineup, Great Odins Ravens was able to land one of the most prolific foursomes of running backs in the league.
    Great Odins Ravens might be interested in shopping a WR to upgrade in other areas. Their fourth-ranked WR, Pierre Garcon, is projected to be better than the league average at his position.
    Great Odins Ravens adhered to fantasy tradition, selecting a pair of running backs with their first two picks (Melvin Gordon and Devonta Freeman).
    In the 5th round, caution was thrown to the wind, as Davante Adams was selected at pick number 48 versus an ADP of 67.0 across all NFL.com leagues.

Strengths
    The team's top 3 RBs, led by Devonta Freeman, rank as the second-best group in the league

Pain
    Pain

Post by Pain Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:02 pm

QB
    Cam Newton

RB
    McCoy
    CJ Anderson
    Lacey
    Riddick
    Sproles

WR
    AJ Green
    Amari Cooper
    Marvin Jones
    Brandon Marshall
    Hopkins

TE
    Olsen
    Henry

K
    Gostowski

D
    Chiefs

Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:06 pm

Pain wrote:QB
    Cam Newton

RB
    McCoy
    CJ Anderson
    Lacey
    Riddick
    Sproles

WR
    AJ Green
    Amari Cooper
    Marvin Jones
    Brandon Marshall
    Hopkins

TE
    Olsen
    Henry

K
    Gostowski

D
    Chiefs

For an autopick side, you landed some absolute top players Pain lad!
    Pain
    Pain

Post by Pain Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:14 pm

Welshy wrote:

For an autopick side, you landed some absolute top players Pain lad!

Yeah I'm reasonably happy. Where you getting that draft summary?
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:19 pm

[quote="Pain"]

Yeah I'm reasonably happy. Where you getting that draft summary?[/quote

Monster WRs mate and Shady, if Cam returns to form and he should with Mcaffrey addition you will go well. D and K should win most of their matchups as well!

League tab > draft recap

in there mate
    Pain
    Pain

Post by Pain Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:31 pm

After picking last overall, Pain Express is projected to land in seventh place in NRLFF League 1. Let's hope that prediction serves as bulletin board material. They stocked up on pass-catching weapons early, using three of their first four selections to pick up wide receivers. In spite of that positional emphasis, Pain Express landed a foursome of wide receivers with plenty of room to grow.
    Hunting for deals throughout the draft, three ADP-based steals were acquired (Stephen Gostkowski, Eddie Lacy, and Hunter Henry).
    Cam Newton can deliver wins with his arm and his legs. With 321 projected rushing yards, he ranks fourth among QBs in that category.
    Deuces
    Deuces

Post by Deuces Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:00 pm

Some solid team by the looks.....I got the 7th pick and things went like this......

QB
    Tom Brady
    Kirk Cousins

RB
    Delvin Cook
    Ty Montgomery
    Mark Ingram
    Tevin Coleman
    Wendell Smallwood

WR
    Mike Evans
    Michael Thomas
    DeVante Parker
    Jamison Crowder
    Chris Hogan

TE
    Kyle Rudolph

K
    Dan Bailey

DEF
    Denver Broncos

Overall i think i have what it takse to compete....i went WR x2 with my first picks (ME + MT), which is typically against the grain for me...This led me to go back to back RB with my next 2 and well relying on Delvin Cook and Ty as your 1-2 RB attack is only for those with the strongest of fantasy hearts. My 5 pick was TomB, early for a qb but a set and forget pick for me. 6th was my man Ingram to help solidify my rb commitee and then i took a flyer or DParker for my 7th. I took the Broncs at 8 as i wasnt to impressed with what was left on the board and went for the best D. Coleman and Crowder were the next 2 respectively to add depth to both positions. With the 11th i went Kyle Rudolph as my TE and thenrolled the carpet out for back up QB Kurt Cousins......from here its only my K who figures to hang around as Hogan and Smallwood will likely become waiver fodder unless i have found the dimonds in the rough.

Im stoked with QB,WR,K and D....My RB although not paper strong does come with some high ceiling potiental and is filled with solid depth if things slide. My TE will suprise but will be TD dependent to score well but has one of the highest redzone targets of any TE (26 last year), so fingers crossed.

A few players i had targeted slipped to teams either 1 or 2 picks before me which rattled me a little but as the carryover Champ of last season im sure ill be the one to watch. ROUND 5 will likely be the best opportunity to take a swipe as i have alot on a bye.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:03 pm

Good reading gents. Intruiging to say the least.

I dont like use of the word 'bait' though ! Muhahahahahha...

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:46 pm