NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 52 - Fantasy talk in here

wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 52 - Fantasy talk in here - Page 37 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 52 - Fantasy talk in here

Post by wolfking Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:05 pm

White Lightning wrote:I still can't decide who to sell to get Edwards - Slater or C. Walker. Atm I'm on Slater because he misses rounds 18 & 19 & C. Walker misses round 16 but plays rounds 18 & 19. But when you look at games Slater is into everything & is in top form whereas C. Walker looks lost & out of form. He did score 51 against the Titans but most of those points were from 1 play when he scored that try & that Titans team was severely under strength. I thought though that after C. Walker scored that try he seemed to get more confident & actually put in more effort. So who goes:
    (a) Slater or
    (b) C. Walker

Cheers boys.

That's a really tough one. I'd want Slater for the ride home as opposed to Walker though. Walker has been shit but is definitely gold for those two rounds. Are they the only two options for Edwards?

See how Slater pulls up after tonight first. I have him and am pretty committed to holding him unless an injury strikes. If he's fine and plays this week, that's only one extra game Slater misses over Walker which could be enough to swing to hold Slater perhaps.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 52 - Fantasy talk in here - Page 37 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 52 - Fantasy talk in here

Post by wolfking Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:06 pm

my tv broke wrote:

oh yeah, i was agreeing with you, re cp13.

I like Mcguire but he's not a "lock". I think next year he'll be back in the front row for the Broncos.

Agree with that too. Front rower all the way, just not a 13 at all.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:07 pm

White Lightning wrote:Although McGuire is a great player who will & always does give 100% he still plays like a prop who is a lock. The one thing he lacks is an offload game even though he's capable of doing so. If I was the Q'land selectors I would start McGuire at prop & run Gillett at lock.

Don't mind that. I think that either way, we need to get Gillett more involved. Only took 3 hit ups in game one, and ran 57 metres overall which included a line break.

I think QLD will need to play down both edges a bit more tonight.

White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:09 pm

wolfking wrote:

That's a really tough one.  I'd want Slater for the ride home as opposed to Walker though.  Walker has been shit but is definitely gold for those two rounds. Are they the only two options for Edwards?

See how Slater pulls up after tonight first.  I have him and am pretty committed to holding him unless an injury strikes.  If he's fine and plays this week, that's only one extra game Slater misses over Walker which could be enough to swing to hold Slater perhaps.

Cheers. Yeah I think I'll sell Walker because he's playing shit atm & I can't really see that changing. Fantasy wise after Rapana on recent form I rate Slater as the 2nd best f/b in fantasy & I'd rather have him over Walker by a country mile.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:12 pm

White Lightning wrote:

Cheers. Yeah I think I'll sell Walker because he's playing shit atm & I can't really see that changing. Fantasy wise after Rapana on recent form I rate Slater as the 2nd best f/b in fantasy & I'd rather have him over Walker by a country mile.

I agree hes been shit, but I'd hold off for one more game. He still scored ~50 last week didnt he? It feels like he will go ok so long as Souths go ok as a team. Despite him playing like rubbish he still gets lots of touches in the backline. If the team starts to fire (like last week) you'd think he scores ok.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:13 pm

danseels1985 wrote:

Thank you for your opinion kind sir, yes I was tossing up between A and B myself. My trades this week (unless I change my mind again) are Semi to Edwards and Kelly to Tedesco via Hayne. I have 108k left but only 4 trades left after this week. I am hoping to not have to use any more trades until round 19 where if cash allows me to go with option B I will have this as my final team hopefully(but with only 1 trade remaining yikes)

Smith McInnes
    Fifita Taupau Eisenhuth Fai
    Taumalolo JDB Surgess Gallen Crichton JTurbo
    SJ Munster Hampton NuBrown
    BJ Hayne Fuimaono Scott
    RTS Tedesco Edwards 138k Phythian

How does this sound?

Who did u let go for Eisenhuth ?
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:17 pm

my tv broke wrote:

Don't mind that. I think that either way, we need to get Gillett more involved. Only took 3 hit ups in game one, and ran 57 metres overall which included a line break.

I think QLD will need to play down both edges a bit more tonight.

It'll be a good game tonight
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:21 pm

Rippin and Tearin wrote:

I agree hes been shit, but I'd hold off for one more game. He still scored ~50 last week didnt he? It feels like he will go ok so long as Souths go ok as a team. Despite him playing like rubbish he still gets lots of touches in the backline. If the team starts to fire (like last week) you'd think he scores ok.

But most of his points were from 1 play when he scored his try & the problem with Souths is that you don't know which team will turn up. #jeckylandhyde
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:21 pm

I'm just gonna leave this here...:
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:21 pm

White Lightning wrote:

But most of his points were from 1 play when he scored his try & the problem with Souths is that you don't know which team will turn up. #jeckylandhyde

No one else you could use besides those two to get Edwards?
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:32 pm

wolfking wrote:

No one else you could use besides those two to get Edwards?

I could go Lamb to Edwards with 1 trade but that would mean I couldn't go JDB to Tuapau which actually may be a blessing in disguise. I already have Taumalolo as a boom or bust type player so I was a bit uneasy getting in another boom/bust type player in Taupau.
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:49 pm

White Lightning wrote:

I was going to keep CWalker... but with JDB out, I'm forced to make a trade somewhere to add to the numbers...

these are my trade out options that can give me an extra player for the round:

Pritchard, Gurgess, Ipapalii, JDB, CWalker, Laybutt, Abbey, Phythian
    115k in the bank

I don't want to trade out JDB...and with 9 trades left, I don't really want to waste a trade on getting rid of an NPR
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:51 pm

Brought in Cleary for Norman based on the fact that he plays two more games + six of those games are at Pepper.

Team for the weekend pending origin:

Smith (McInnes)
    Vaughan, Graham
    Gallen, Marsters, Merrin
    Johnson, CNK (Cleary)
    Leilua, Moga (Scott)
    RTS, Hayne, Tedesco (Dedwards)
    Honey Badger
    Honey Badger

Post by Honey Badger Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:51 pm

White Lightning wrote:I still can't decide who to sell to get Edwards - Slater or C. Walker. Atm I'm on Slater because he misses rounds 18 & 19 & C. Walker misses round 16 but plays rounds 18 & 19. But when you look at games Slater is into everything & is in top form whereas C. Walker looks lost & out of form. He did score 51 against the Titans but most of those points were from 1 play when he scored that try & that Titans team was severely under strength. I thought though that after C. Walker scored that try he seemed to get more confident & actually put in more effort. So who goes:
    (a) Slater or
    (b) C. Walker

Cheers boys.

I can understand why people are trading out slater because of the games he is going to miss but would you rather have slater or walker for the last 7 rounds?
    If you take out walkers score against a weakened titans team then there are some concerns there!
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:52 pm

and I look forward to checking out the party thread for the first time when I get home from work tonight! :-D
    Pookus McFly
    Pookus McFly

Post by Pookus McFly Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:14 pm

Reached my final team but only have 4 trades remaining Sad . Here is the tricky part- I say "final team", but I would still like to get Smith and Pearce in before the season ends using those trades. I am thinking I should straight up trade Smith round 20 and fly by the skin of my teeth on just the 3 trades because I do not have Gallen or Fifita for a solid captaincy option otherwise (have been riding JDB since I sold Smith round 12). I guess my overall question is how I balance saving those trades for injury and getting those final pieces of the true ultimate "final form" SSJ4 gun team.

McInnes Friend(r)
    Vaughn Brown Graham(r)
    JDB Surgess Crichton Taupau(r) Merrin(r)
    Johnson Munster
    Leilua SMat
    Tedesco Slater Gutherson
    + Gurgess as a useless numpty in dire emergency
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:14 pm

Honey Badger wrote:

I can understand why people are trading out slater because of the games he is going to miss but would you rather have slater or walker for the last 7 rounds?
    If you take out walkers score against a weakened titans team then there are some concerns there!

I agree mate. Walkers last 7 scores if you exclude his 51 = 30, 41, 27, 70, 34, 25, 28 which is an average of 36.43%. His season average is 45 so he's dropped nearly 10 points of his season average. His next 4 games after his bye in round 16 are Panthers, Roosters, Cowboys & Sharks so these are difficult games for him to score well in based on Souths poor form. I feel Walker to Edwards is the way to go.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:18 pm

I think Edwards will outscore Walker for the rest of the year.

Post by Guest Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:28 pm

If I'm happy to run with 4 reserves in the props and second rowers is it worth making a play for Cameron Smith? My other hooker is FAC
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:32 pm

White Lightning wrote:

I agree mate. Walkers last 7 scores if you exclude his 51 = 30, 41, 27, 70, 34, 25, 28 which is an average of 36.43%. His season average is 45 so he's dropped nearly 10 points of his season average. His next 4 games after his bye in round 16 are Panthers, Roosters, Cowboys & Sharks so these are difficult games for him to score well in based on Souths poor form. I feel Walker to Edwards is the way to go.

You are probably right mate. Although I reckon, if possible, another look at him wouldn't hurt, but those scores and the way he's been playing are ominous.

Im gonna keep him due to lack of trades and the fact that with his DPP (and Munster in my side) he works out as quite a nice 18th/19th man. Will cover a gap later in the season if I need him to, and if he improves may even be a starter in some matchups.

He of course still has value as a bye player with rounds 18 and 19 still to come.

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 2:28 pm