NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

Dream Team Virtual Sports - Sports Deck 2017 Thread Part 2

Simon Templar
    Simon Templar

Dream Team Virtual Sports - Sports Deck 2017 Thread Part 2 - Page 9 Empty Re: Dream Team Virtual Sports - Sports Deck 2017 Thread Part 2

Post by Simon Templar Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:51 pm

Milchcow wrote:
    C/VC options?

Looping will be viable for essentially everyone (especially given its easier here than in Fantasy)

I'm thinking of VC Lolo, C Gallen

Tedesco, SJ the other VC options. who is most likely to Crichtonne it this week?

Lolo (VC) and Gallen (C) for me atm.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Dream Team Virtual Sports - Sports Deck 2017 Thread Part 2 - Page 9 Empty Re: Dream Team Virtual Sports - Sports Deck 2017 Thread Part 2

Post by Rippin and Tearin Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:12 pm

Simon Templar wrote:

Haha! That's a very logical guess R&T (which doesn't surprise me), but VDST sounds like a social disease. LOL.

VSDT = Virtual Sports Dream Team

Virtual Sports rebranded itself as Sports Deck a couple of years ago (as reflected in the title of this thread), but I think the parent company still goes by the name Vapormedia (but don't quote me on that).

I suppose we could start referring to it as SDDT or VSSDDT, but it has been known in the forum as VSDT since 2014 (when NRL.com severed it's ties with Virtual Sports and handed the reins over to Fanhub who created NRL Fantasy), so there is no urgent need to stop using the name VSDT.

/End of history lesson.  Wink haha

Haha, nice mate. I'll attempt to get it right from now on although dont hold your breath!
    Simon Templar
    Simon Templar

Post by Simon Templar Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:16 pm

Rippin and Tearin wrote:

Haha, nice mate. I'll attempt to get it right from now on although dont hold your breath!

It also gets referred to as DT.
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:58 pm

Simon Templar wrote:

Haha! That's a very logical guess R&T (which doesn't surprise me), but VDST sounds like a social disease. LOL.

VDST = Venereal Disease of Simon Templar??

or is it

VDST = Venereal Disease of Sebastian Tombs??
    Simon Templar
    Simon Templar

Post by Simon Templar Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:13 pm

Oz Sport Mad wrote:

VDST = Venereal Disease of Simon Templar??

or is it

VDST = Venereal Disease of Sebastian Tombs??

lol!

I made a similar joke in this thread a few weeks ago (but I was a bit more subtle). I will see if I can find it. Great minds OSM. Wink

P.S. We are playing each other in h2h in 2 DT leagues this week (Bullbender and FF1). May the greatest mind win. Wink
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:35 pm

Simon Templar wrote:

lol!

I made a similar joke in this thread a few weeks ago (but I was a bit more subtle). I will see if I can find it. Great minds OSM. Wink

P.S. We are playing each other in h2h in 2 DT leagues this week (Bullbender and FF1). May the greatest mind win. Wink

Subtlety not my finest quality!

Good luck this week Tombsy
    Simon Templar
    Simon Templar

Post by Simon Templar Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:54 pm

Oz Sport Mad wrote:

Subtlety not my finest quality!

Good luck this week Tombsy

Haha! Good luck to you too Oz. Very Happy
    manlybeaver
    manlybeaver

Post by manlybeaver Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:15 am

I'm vsing boatymcboatfaces in eliminator he has a solid team rapana scares me
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:16 pm

Teddy out I hear. But just looked at the top 6 people ahead of me and none but Pacey have him.

I presume this means MWZ plays? I may have gone from 16 players to 18 with both Scott and MWZ likely in....Loophole just got tougher... And Laybutt for those that have him looks like a start too....
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:37 pm

I've got Teddy too.

Can still field 17, but projected total just took a hit
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:54 pm

I feel like those guys that had 17 last week are in a pretty great position now. Their bye planning killed it for them last week and now it likely means that many of the guys that are in doubt are unlikely to be owned by them. On top of that their bye planning cheapie buys like Scott, Laybutt, MWZ etc that played last week may well play this week too. So many will go from being short this week to having 17 I'd say!

Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:03 pm

Rippin and Tearin wrote:I feel like those guys that had 17 last week are in a pretty great position now. Their bye planning killed it for them last week and now it likely means that many of the guys that are in doubt are unlikely to be owned by them. On top of that their bye planning cheapie buys like Scott, Laybutt, MWZ etc that played last week may well play this week too. So many will go from being short this week to having 17 I'd say!

Depends on if they loaded up on Souths and Eels to fill their teams but yes, many of the cheapie downgrades have certainly benefited from last night's game.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:23 pm

Oz Sport Mad wrote:

Depends on if they loaded up on Souths and Eels to fill their teams but yes, many of the cheapie downgrades have certainly benefited from last night's game.

I guess I was mostly talking about a few of those guys now in the top 10. Looking at their teams they come out of this post-origin carnage pretty well off!! Gonna be hard to catch them!!
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:44 pm

The guy in first has done well. He doesn't have Smith, JDB or Tedesco.
    He'll have a strong team again.

JDB very common at the top though - so will be interesting to see who burns a trade on him.

Curtis Scott not that common near the top - I expect he'll be a popular trade in this week though.
    I'm bringing him in for Suli. Only a little above base price for a cash out and hopefully a decent score in 16 and 18.
    Clack Bocks
    Clack Bocks

Post by Clack Bocks Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:20 pm

Sounds like free cash in the hooker position. Reckon I'll jump on it
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:41 am

Milchcow wrote:
    The guy in first has done well. He doesn't have Smith, JDB or Tedesco.
    He'll have a strong team again.

JDB very common at the top though - so will be interesting to see who burns a trade on him.

Curtis Scott not that common near the top - I expect he'll be a popular trade in this week though.
    I'm bringing him in for Suli. Only a little above base price for a cash out and hopefully a decent score in 16 and 18.

Burning a trade on JDB for me was a no brainer before all the recent injury pull outs, but that has actually left me with 2 extra players now in MWZ and Scott. Im one of the lucky ones that came away from the carnage unscathed.

But what it does mean is that instead of only having 15 and therefore a trade to Taupau would net me ~50 this round alone. I now have 17 prior to trading JDB, which likely means that trade is now only worth ~30 ish this round?

That being said Im in the lucky position where I can see how MWZ goes first. If he scores well I'll hold on Taupau. If not I'll probably pull that trigger!
    Clack Bocks
    Clack Bocks

Post by Clack Bocks Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:53 am

Clack Bocks wrote:Sounds like free cash in the hooker position. Reckon I'll jump on it

Acutally forget that.

Suli to scott nets me another 100k and i have about 3 more 'planned' trades to get me a final 17 of

Smith, McInnes
    Gallen, Wallace, Brown
    Surgess, Merrin, JDB, Lolo, Vaughan
    Cleary Johnson
    Crichton, Munster (also D walker floating around)
    RTS, Ted, Guth/Walker/Edwards

And I'll have 6 trades left.
    Simon Templar
    Simon Templar

Post by Simon Templar Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:45 pm

4th reserve spot out of B.Smith, S.Mat, and MWZ?
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:57 pm

Simon Templar wrote:4th reserve spot out of B.Smith, S.Mat, and MWZ?

MWZ could either go large or missing against the Titties.

SMat should be the safe choice if it weren't for his ability to pick up a HIA every 2nd game.

Not keen on BSmith as I suspect the Storm will get pumped this round.

All that being said and as discussed previously, I'm versing you this round so I could be just giving you a bum steer......

Simon Templar
    Simon Templar

Post by Simon Templar Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:25 pm

Oz Sport Mad wrote:

MWZ could either go large or missing against the Titties.

SMat should be the safe choice if it weren't for his ability to pick up a HIA every 2nd game.

Not keen on BSmith as I suspect the Storm will get pumped this round.

All that being said and as discussed previously, I'm versing you this round so I could be just giving you a bum steer......

lol!

I will just have to take your advice with a grain of salt Oz. Haha!

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 2:00 am