NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 38

White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 38 - Page 14 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 38

Post by White Lightning Thu May 04, 2017 4:15 pm

I want to get a good ctr for round 12 but all of the candidates don't really stand out. My preference is Aubusson but he may stay on the bench. Both Leilua & Croker are out of form. J. Roberts is pretty dear & is injured & even if fit he's a great chance for origin. All the rest of the round 12 teams have ctrs that are irrelevant. The player I really want is T-Trbo but will probably play origin. D. Walker maybe has a chance of origin but as I said Manly have bad byes until after round 15. I might just run my cheap ctrs & wait until round 20. If Aubusson reclaims his 80 minute 2fr spot it will be an easy decision & his price is on the way down.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 38 - Page 14 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 38

Post by White Lightning Thu May 04, 2017 4:27 pm

Milchcow wrote:
    If Lolohea does go to the Tigers, and Moses goes to the Eels, who becomes a good trade in

a) Lolohea
    b) Moses
    c) Luke Brooks
    d) Corey Norman

Lolohea is cheap enough that if he became a starting 6 you'd want to look at him closely.
    Luke Brooks has taken more control of the team in recent weeks and I'd think that would continue - although probably not to the extent that you'd want to buy him for fantasy.

I wouldn't want to punt on Moses without seeing how he performs with Norman (and who kicks goals out of Moses/Gutherson)
    Sharing of general play kicking would be of interest.

I was going to get Norman this week but now I'm wondering whether to hold off until we see how Moses affects Norman if Moses does go to the Eels mid season. I wouldn't go near Lolohea or Brooks as I don't rate either & the Tigers don't play round 12. I can't see Moses taking over the goalkicking from Gutherson as Gutherson is a better goalkicker. As you said how will Moses fit in & what role will he play & does this affect Norman's scores in a negative way. It could be one of those situations where they both take points off each other.
    Beast From The Big East
    Beast From The Big East

Post by Beast From The Big East Thu May 04, 2017 4:32 pm

White Lightning wrote:I want to get a good ctr for round 12 but all of the candidates don't really stand out. My preference is Aubusson but he may stay on the bench. Both Leilua & Croker are out of form. J. Roberts is pretty dear & is injured & even if fit he's a great chance for origin. All the rest of the round 12 teams have ctrs that are irrelevant. The player I really want is T-Trbo but will probably play origin. D. Walker maybe has a chance of origin but as I said Manly have bad byes until after round 15. I might just run my cheap ctrs & wait until round 20. If Aubusson reclaims his 80 minute 2fr spot it will be an easy decision & his price is on the way down.

How about holding off till after rd 15 then bringing in Peachey. Will have all his byes out of the way. Fuck you can even pick him up in rd 13 if you want as he will only miss one other rd and there isn't too much in the way of centres playing rd 15 anyway.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Thu May 04, 2017 4:55 pm

Beast From The Big East wrote:

How about holding off till after rd 15 then bringing in Peachey. Will have all his byes out of the way. Fuck you can even pick him up in rd 13 if you want as he will only miss one other rd and there isn't too much in the way of centres playing rd 15 anyway.

Cheers Beast. If Penrith & Peachey get some form going he'll be a great option & a pod @ 5.52% ownership. The only problem is he's been relegated to the bench the last couple of rounds.
    ryno_
    ryno_

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2018

Post by ryno_ Thu May 04, 2017 5:26 pm

White Lightning wrote:

Cheers Beast. If Penrith & Peachey get some form going he'll be a great option & a pod @ 5.52% ownership. The only problem is he's been relegated to the bench the last couple of rounds.

Still played 50+ minutes last weekend and racked up 32 tackles in that time. He's a great option.
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Thu May 04, 2017 6:17 pm

Radradra firmly in the frame
    Suli should peak just in time for round 12 and has rubbish byes. Would also consider a straight swap of Talakai or Jennings since Eels have similar byes and Radradra has shown fantasy ability previously
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Thu May 04, 2017 6:21 pm

While everyone else is playing Cotric in their 17 I feel safe running Hayne RTS Cotric at the back. However I hate watching Tedesco play when he isn't in my team as he just looks ready to explode. Due for a try and probably outscores most other WFB missing only 1 extra game

Post by Guest Thu May 04, 2017 6:30 pm

Is it madness to pick up Hayne after trading him out? Would be for Rennings or Talakai
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Thu May 04, 2017 7:07 pm

Mighty Fishes wrote:Is it madness to pick up Hayne after trading him out? Would be for Rennings or Talakai

Not at all. I already did that with Idris and depending on how rep round goes, I'll probably do the same with Hayne.

His breakeven is low and aren't too many cows around, so he looks a good trade in for Kelly for me to get the cash rolling back in.

A few people played him in their 17s last week too.. I hate him enough without having to deathride him every week anyway.
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Thu May 04, 2017 7:30 pm

mango wrote:Hey guys, I'm in a dilemma over which trades would be be best for the next round so thought I'd ask for some advice.

I have the cash to go Lamb to SJ, it would leave me with 53k itb but not enough to bring in both Munster and Cody Walker the following week which I was planning to do without making a downgrade elsewhere.

Or I could bring in Munster for Ponga and Walker for Lamb this week leaving me 35k itb which will leave enough to go McGuire to Brown next week.

Or I could go one of Munster or Walker this week with CHN to Whitehead or McGuire to Brown for the byes or just stop stuffing about and bring in an elite season keeper like Mannering for McGuire?

Or I could upgrade my centres? I'm quite happy running them as they are for the time being as I dont want to waste too much cash on this position.

I wont be changing my team too much over the byes as I dont devote enough time to fantasy to consider myself a true contender, I wont be trading players in and then trading them out after the byes.. I'm currently ranked 34th and expect to drop a fair bit over the byes but with a bit of luck I may be able to come home strong like I did in 2015.

My team after the C.Walker trade this week leaving me with 20 trades and 78k itb.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

C.Smith, J.Brailey
    J.Graham, J.McGuire, A.Tolman, I.Papalli
    JDB, S.Burgess, P.Gallen, F.Kaufusi, A.Crichton, CHN
    C.Norman, C.Walker, K.Nikorima
    S.Mat, J.Idris, N.Cotric, R.Jennings
    RTS, B.Slater, K.Ponga, J.Hayne, M.Sulli

Heya @mango, sorry mate, it's past my lunch hour I know but this shitty thing called a job got in the way of me appraising your fantasy side! Hahaha. That being said, here's what I think.

First up, solid team! Heaps of depth and money to be gleaned outta the second row which will put you in good stead moving forward. Not sure why you wouldn't think you can compete as of yet, I'd be pretty safe in saying that with the right moves you can well and truly give a push, even just for a really respected ranking if not for the top gong.

Obviously your back line is where you need to do a bit of work of the coming weeks. I know you have said that you are happy with your centres but I think Smat could be hurting you a bit and hindering the potential. I think a cashout in the way of CHN, move Smat to the second row and bring in TTurbo or a solid CTR would be a good move. That would allow you to use Smat as a trade out in the following week or two to one of those gun second rowers you have mentioned. The other thing you are going to need to do is keep an eye on Brailey. I too have held him and want to continue to do so through until rd.18 but keep a close eye on the goings on there.

Ponga will need to go in the next week or two, I don't think he holds a spot when Coote returns and nor do I think that he scores well on the wing even if he does retain his position. What would be the best in your position would be to have Walker and Munster in alternation positions. Are you able to go straight from Ponga to Munster next week if you do the above mentioned trade this week? I think that'd be good!

You are ranked 34th mate. Killing it and putting yourself in a position to have a shot. I would definitely invest a bit more time into fantasy to give yourself a chance. If you don't have it, myself or a plethora of other guys online here are more than happy to help you out! This way we get to live vicariously through you when you win! Hahaha.

Make the decision tho because if you wanna have a shot, you'll needa make some decisions and pull the trigger on things relatively soon.

Otherwise, you're doing great guns mate, keep up the good work!
    danseels1985
    danseels1985

Post by danseels1985 Thu May 04, 2017 8:07 pm

What's everyone's thoughts on Gallen? Will he play origin or is it just a beat up? Would rather him over Mannering
    Johnny B Goode
    Johnny B Goode

Post by Johnny B Goode Thu May 04, 2017 8:26 pm

danseels1985 wrote:What's everyone's thoughts on Gallen? Will he play origin or is it just a beat up? Would rather him over Mannering

Don't put anything past Daley. Surely there's enough good talent around he doesn't have to call on a retired rep player.
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Thu May 04, 2017 8:31 pm

mango wrote:Hey guys, I'm in a dilemma over which trades would be be best for the next round so thought I'd ask for some advice.

I have the cash to go Lamb to SJ, it would leave me with 53k itb but not enough to bring in both Munster and Cody Walker the following week which I was planning to do without making a downgrade elsewhere.

Or I could bring in Munster for Ponga and Walker for Lamb this week leaving me 35k itb which will leave enough to go McGuire to Brown next week.

Or I could go one of Munster or Walker this week with CHN to Whitehead or McGuire to Brown for the byes or just stop stuffing about and bring in an elite season keeper like Mannering for McGuire?

Or I could upgrade my centres? I'm quite happy running them as they are for the time being as I dont want to waste too much cash on this position.

I wont be changing my team too much over the byes as I dont devote enough time to fantasy to consider myself a true contender, I wont be trading players in and then trading them out after the byes.. I'm currently ranked 34th and expect to drop a fair bit over the byes but with a bit of luck I may be able to come home strong like I did in 2015.

My team after the C.Walker trade this week leaving me with 20 trades and 78k itb.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

C.Smith, J.Brailey
    J.Graham, J.McGuire, A.Tolman, I.Papalli
    JDB, S.Burgess, P.Gallen, F.Kaufusi, A.Crichton, CHN
    C.Norman, C.Walker, K.Nikorima
    S.Mat, J.Idris, N.Cotric, R.Jennings
    RTS, B.Slater, K.Ponga, J.Hayne, M.Sulli

Looking fairly set for round 12

Brailey, Graham, Tolman, Surgess, Gallen, Crichton, Norman, Walker, Niko, Jennings, RTS is a solid foundation. The only real bye gun you are missing is SJ. I would consider something like CHN to Tualau and Ponga to SJ via Walker.

Post by Guest Thu May 04, 2017 8:51 pm

WT Winfield wrote:

Not at all. I already did that with Idris and depending on how rep round goes, I'll probably do the same with Hayne.

His breakeven is low and aren't too many cows around, so he looks a good trade in for Kelly for me to get the cash rolling back in.

A few people played him in their 17s last week too.. I hate him enough without having to deathride him every week anyway.

Cheers mate!
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Thu May 04, 2017 8:53 pm

Mighty Fishes wrote:

Cheers mate!

I wouldn't be trading out someone that plays round 12 for someone that doesn't this close to byes

Post by Guest Thu May 04, 2017 9:11 pm

multiple.scoregasms wrote:

I wouldn't be trading out someone that plays round 12 for someone that doesn't this close to byes

Didn't Rennings go off injured last round and isn't Gray due back shortly?

I think his writing is on the wall mate

mango
    mango

Post by mango Thu May 04, 2017 9:15 pm

Mearcats wrote:

Heya @mango, sorry mate, it's past my lunch hour I know but this shitty thing called a job got in the way of me appraising your fantasy side! Hahaha. That being said, here's what I think.

First up, solid team! Heaps of depth and money to be gleaned outta the second row which will put you in good stead moving forward. Not sure why you wouldn't think you can compete as of yet, I'd be pretty safe in saying that with the right moves you can well and truly give a push, even just for a really respected ranking if not for the top gong.

Obviously your back line is where you need to do a bit of work of the coming weeks. I know you have said that you are happy with your centres but I think Smat could be hurting you a bit and hindering the potential. I think a cashout in the way of CHN, move Smat to the second row and bring in TTurbo or a solid CTR would be a good move. That would allow you to use Smat as a trade out in the following week or two to one of those gun second rowers you have mentioned. The other thing you are going to need to do is keep an eye on Brailey. I too have held him and want to continue to do so through until rd.18 but keep a close eye on the goings on there.

Ponga will need to go in the next week or two, I don't think he holds a spot when Coote returns and nor do I think that he scores well on the wing even if he does retain his position. What would be the best in your position would be to have Walker and Munster in alternation positions. Are you able to go straight from Ponga to Munster next week if you do the above mentioned trade this week? I think that'd be good!

You are ranked 34th mate. Killing it and putting yourself in a position to have a shot. I would definitely invest a bit more time into fantasy to give yourself a chance. If you don't have it, myself or a plethora of other guys online here are more than happy to help you out! This way we get to live vicariously through you when you win! Hahaha.

Make the decision tho because if you wanna have a shot, you'll needa make some decisions and pull the trigger on things relatively soon.

Thanks for your advice mate I really appreciate it and I will take you up on your offer of any help if I ever need it, thats a really kind gesture.

I just spent ages writing up an in depth reply to your post and I bloody lost the whole lot so bear with me and I'll try and give you as much info as I can, might be in dribs and drabs though.
    mango
    mango

Post by mango Thu May 04, 2017 10:35 pm

Mearcats wrote:

The main reason for me lacking confidence in maintaining my ranking is because I dont have anywhere near enough time to devote towards serious bye planning, reading spreadsheets etc. Most weekends I even miss out on some of the final team lists, just lucky I haven't been caught out yet.

Your CHN downgrade idea is something I've been thinking about. I was initially going to upgrade him to Whitehead as he is safe enough to have as an 18th man but have changed my mind. I am now considering keeping that downgrade as a safety net to upgrade Brailey when the time comes. I just wish he gets a few more games so his price reaches 400k.

SMat is definitely a worry but with TTurbo likely to play origin and the lack of consistency of others in that position, I'm willing to give him a bit more time to see how he goes. If he can spend 80mins on the field he should average 40+ but one more HIA and he's gone.

I also forgot to write down my 4th half in my team, I cashed out Elgey a couple of weeks ago for J.Fogerty purely for his dpp. I had planned on trading in Munster and Walker for Lamb and Ponga this week so I can change them around from half to wfb but Walker looks like he'll lose more cash so I might wait another week and Ponga may get another game. If I reverse my Walker trade that I made I have 195k and 21 trades.

I have also been looking at a way of bringing in SJ. The best way for me at the moment is via Ponga, it'll leave me with 53k itb but then I'll have to play Hayne in my 13 then the week after I'll have to make some downgrades so I can bring in Munster or Walker as my 4th wfb.

I also have to consider a replacement for McGuire before rd 12 with N Brown being the most bye friendly. Also not too far away is an F Kaufusi upgrade, hopefully he can become Mannering and my second row will be set.

All in all lots to plan and think about but I'll always be open to any suggestions or any form of assistance, infact I'll probably need as much as I can get and it'll be truly appreciated.

Thanks again for taking the time to do your analysis and an even bigget thank you for offering to help.
    GreenMachine
    GreenMachine

Post by GreenMachine Thu May 04, 2017 10:40 pm

White Lightning wrote:

Wouldn't see that continuing. That Harawira looked a liability last time out and expect him to be dropped
    ty22

Post by ty22 Thu May 04, 2017 10:59 pm

How do people see as best cash out option in forwards rn?

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 5:11 pm