NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

Footballers behaving badly

Krump
    Krump

Footballers behaving badly - Page 5 Empty Re: Footballers behaving badly

Post by Krump Mon Feb 29, 2016 1:37 pm

Are there any repercussions against her now for bringing frivolous charges?
    Dip

Post by Dip Mon Feb 29, 2016 3:53 pm

Hopefully the NRL and media realise you can't go off early in suspending players. I realise with serious charges it can be a bad look to wait a year or so for a court case, and in many cases a week or two off might be the best thing for players to address the charges, but this is a good example why you can't suspend them straight away. The Brett Stewart case comes to mind, as well as all the people calling on the Broncos toilet gang bang trio to be suspended.
    WAC

Post by WAC Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:01 pm

Pearce on NRL 360 at the moment. Is sorry that he got caught and for the sake of his career not because of his "personal demons". 26 year old professional athlete acting like a 16 year old kid on alcohol for the first time.
    Shanbon
    Shanbon

Post by Shanbon Wed Mar 02, 2016 2:01 pm

I dont get why the NRL are in discussions with the Roosters???? The NRL want to ban him for 12 weeks the Roosters say 6 is fair and they are negotiating. Why on earth would the NRL negotiate???? If they want a 12 week ban then just give it to him, why involve the Roosters at all on his punishment.

This post doesnt care about the length of ban more that the NRL are dealing with the Roosters on it. Any other club(except maybe Brisbane), almost any other player and a big ban would have been handed down weeks ago
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Wed Mar 02, 2016 2:12 pm

am i the only one that thinks 6 weeks in excessive and 12 weeks is absolutely ridiculous ?

Auva'a got what, 20 weeks after being convicted of domestic abuse ? we can't pussy foot around the serious incidents and decide to come down hard on embarrassing incidents just because the papers run the story more often
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Wed Mar 02, 2016 2:17 pm

leaguegod wrote:am i the only one that thinks 6 weeks in excessive and 12 weeks is absolutely ridiculous ?

Auva'a got what, 20 weeks after being convicted of domestic abuse ? we can't pussy foot around the serious incidents and decide to come down hard on embarrassing incidents just because the papers run the story more often
    I'm with you.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Wed Mar 02, 2016 2:52 pm

It's not the first time he has had small indiscretions but anything more than a month is complete overkill. He hasn't done a lot wrong, he's in someone elses house which should be private. We shouldn't be suspending players for what goes on in private unless it breaks the law. He hasn't.

The media need to fuck off.
    Dip

Post by Dip Wed Mar 02, 2016 2:59 pm

leaguegod wrote:am i the only one that thinks 6 weeks in excessive and 12 weeks is absolutely ridiculous ?

Absolutely. No-one was hurt or threatened. Yeah it was a terrible look and I think there should be some sort of sanction, but to be honest, like the Todd Carney piss fountain incident, I think it's one of those things where it should be up to the club, because he wasn't charged, and the club and player themself is who it reflects on. I could fully understand why the Roosters might want to penalise him, or even tear up his contract because he has too many incidents for the trouble and it is affecting their sponsorships (and to be honest, I would seriously consider that if I was at the Roosters), but equally I would have no problems if that happened for another club to pick him up and he play for them immediately.

Matt Prior got about 7 weeks if my memory serves me correctly for trying to break the jaw of the best player in the game with an elbow a few seasons ago. I just can't reconcile any punishment for what Pearce has done off field compared to stuff that not only is intended to, but in all likelihood will cause serious injury.
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:15 pm

He sexually assaulted a lesbian then implied he would rape her by simulating sex with her dog.

What if it was your sister and her dog ?

I'll take my feminist hat off now and get serious.

The problem is like all players he has done a bucket load of training on this sort of thing, but clearly couldn't give a rats because he has a sense of entitlement. Good on him for finally listening to someone and doing something about it, but it counts for squat in regards to punishment for what he did.

Yes he was in a private residence, yes some shitbag filmed him, but all his training told him he shouldn't have been in that situation and as a result has brought the game into disrepute and to a lesser extent than my extreme opening he did harass a woman. In the scheme of things I'm comfortable with 6 weeks, but from an NRL image perspective it needs to be longer. AND HE MUST'NT PLAY ORIGIN !!!! (and that's not because I'm a NSW supporter)

Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:30 pm

I'm sure we've all done WH&S training as well but don't tell me you follow the book on that as well.

Those trainings would be tick and flick kinda things that you would do.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:31 pm

I'm sure we've all done WH&S training as well but don't tell me you follow the book on that as well.

Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:43 pm

Honeysett wrote:I'm sure we've all done WH&S training as well but don't tell me you follow the book on that as well.

I have done mandatory safety training that literally told people how to walk safely.

Very hard to take them seriously, even if they also contain things that might actually be useful.
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:45 pm

Honeysett wrote:I'm sure we've all done WH&S training as well but don't tell me you follow the book on that as well.

Exactly - it's an arse covering exercise by my boss and he'll hang me out to dry if I fuck up. Hold on isn't that's what's happening here ?

Would your boss cover for you ? turn a blind eye and pay the compo anyway because you're a good worker ?
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:46 pm

Also, I think all this whinging about a private residence are a bit misleading.

It wasn't his private house.

If I came over to your house one night, tried to crack onto your friend, then pissed on your couch and your dog, would you honestly leave it at that because its a private residence?
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:57 pm

Milchcow wrote:

I have done mandatory safety training that literally told people how to walk safely.

Very hard to take them seriously, even if they also contain things that might actually be useful.

100% it's ridiculous sometimes and my god are they boring.

It's getting to the stage now where you're not allowed to drink as a professional athlete.

I'd make you clean it up and pay for dry cleaning (I don't believe he did piss on the couch) my dog is massive and would enjoy someone playing with her as she's a dog and doesn't know you're pretending to hump her and if you hit on my friend and she shut you down I'd laugh at you for being a twat. It's not something that I would try and ruin your career over.
    Dip

Post by Dip Wed Mar 02, 2016 4:10 pm

Shanbon wrote:I dont get why the NRL are in discussions with the Roosters???? The NRL want to ban him for 12 weeks the Roosters say 6 is fair and they are negotiating. Why on earth would the NRL negotiate???? If they want a 12 week ban then just give it to him, why involve the Roosters at all on his punishment.

This post doesnt care about the length of ban more that the NRL are dealing with the Roosters on it. Any other club(except maybe Brisbane), almost any other player and a big ban would have been handed down weeks ago

Care to sight any reliable examples for this Broncos bashing? I mean, it's not like we're in a week where someone who was charged with domestic abuse based on the evidence of an ex-girlfriend was exonerated due to, and I paraphrase the magistrate's comments, a crazy, vindictful, money hungry lying ex-girlfriend.

By all means, if you have any reliable evidence, such as a court case or video, of a Broncos player abusing or committing violence against a woman (or any other abhorrent crime for that matter), where the Broncos have not dealt with it quickly, then by all means refresh my memory.

Personally I reckon if there is any club that is likely to have their management either be intentionally deceiptful or just plain incompetent in order to get an advantage on the field, then you really need to look no further than the club you support.
    WAC

Post by WAC Wed Mar 02, 2016 5:38 pm

Dip wrote:

Care to sight any reliable examples for this Broncos bashing? I mean, it's not like we're in a week where someone who was charged with domestic abuse based on the evidence of an ex-girlfriend was exonerated due to, and I paraphrase the magistrate's comments, a crazy, vindictful, money hungry lying ex-girlfriend.

By all means, if you have any reliable evidence, such as a court case or video, of a Broncos player abusing or committing violence against a woman (or any other abhorrent crime for that matter), where the Broncos have not dealt with it quickly, then by all means refresh my memory.

Personally I reckon if there is any club that is likely to have their management either be intentionally deceiptful or just plain incompetent in order to get an advantage on the field, then you really need to look no further than the club you support.

Didn't Boyd and Karmichael Hunt tag team a girl in a toilet while Third Man In Thaiday (on and off the field) filmed it? Then they played in a semi a few days later?
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed Mar 02, 2016 5:57 pm

There was also the time Darren Lockyer tackled a bouncer.

Shanbon
    Shanbon

Post by Shanbon Wed Mar 02, 2016 6:20 pm

Nice way to get off topic Dip. My comment about the broncos had nothing to do with cover-ups or whatever you are implying, it is about the influence they have as a club over the NRL. They make money, they are the only QLD club that pull big TV audience and revenue ect so they have pull over the NRL just like the Roosters do because of the connections their management have.

Simon Templar
    Simon Templar

Post by Simon Templar Wed Mar 02, 2016 6:20 pm

Thou shalt not speak ill of the Broncos because they are the chosen ones and beyond reproach. Wink

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 11:34 am