NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2017 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 34

Simon Templar
    Simon Templar

2017 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 34 - Page 49 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 34

Post by Simon Templar Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:49 pm

Cake Tiger wrote:Team list announcements are becoming less important under this system.

I had 4 players from my 25 that I had on Friday lockout that were named in a 1-13 position and did not make the final 17 at kick off.

It works the other way too as That Panthers Guy showed. It's now becoming important to look at numbers 18-21 and anticipate any match day changes. I try my best to look at team announcements 1 hour before KO but it's not always possible.

I have a buddy system with my son. We have an arrangement that one of us will always check the team lists an hour before kickoff and alert the other if there is any news that affects either of our VSDT teams.

Of course, it's easy for me when it's my turn. I just have to check the Pacey v Finchy Late Mail thread and it's all there, thanks to Pacey (in Finchy's absence, hehe).

Too easy! Very Happy

https://www.nrlfantasyfanatics.com/t219-nrl-late-mail-teamlists-thread

Finch
    Finch

2017 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 34 - Page 49 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 34

Post by Finch Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:02 pm

Cake Tiger wrote:Team list announcements are becoming less important under this system.

I had 4 players from my 25 that I had on Friday lockout that were named in a 1-13 position and did not make the final 17 at kick off.

It works the other way too as That Panthers Guy showed. It's now becoming important to look at numbers 18-21 and anticipate any match day changes. I try my best to look at team announcements 1 hour before KO but it's not always possible.

Yep I said this at the start of the season. Team Lists don't mean much unless its the one 1 hour before kick off. Im not longer excited for TLT, nor do I check it (Well only the Warriors but that is from a game perspective, not a Fantasy one), and I just check the teams on Thursday night to see if any updates have been made.
    Finch
    Finch

Post by Finch Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:03 pm

Simon Templar wrote:

I have a buddy system with my son. We have an arrangement that one of us will always check the team lists an hour before kickoff and alert the other if there is any news that affects either of our VSDT teams.

Of course, it's easy for me when it's my turn. I just have to check the Pacey v Finchy Late Mail thread and it's all there, thanks to Pacey (in Finchy's absence, hehe).

Too easy!  Very Happy

https://www.nrlfantasyfanatics.com/t219-nrl-late-mail-teamlists-thread

I have decided to see how the young buck goes this year, so far so good. He is a good apprentice Very Happy
    bluetige
    bluetige

Post by bluetige Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:04 pm

TLT is pretty useless really for trying to guess who is in your team, but it is good for knowing what players WON'T be playing.

I was over the moon Carty played 5/8 because that meant CHN was playing, But for me it also meant TMM was out and I had to play Frawley and look how that worked out
    Simon Templar
    Simon Templar

Post by Simon Templar Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:11 pm

Finch wrote:

I have decided to see how the young buck goes this year, so far so good. He is a good apprentice Very Happy

Haha Finchy. The young buck Pacey is doing you proud mate. Very Happy
    Simon Templar
    Simon Templar

Post by Simon Templar Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:16 pm

bluetige wrote:
    TLT is pretty useless really for trying to guess who is in your team, but it is good for knowing what players WON'T be playing.

I was over the moon Carty played 5/8 because that meant CHN was playing, But for me it also meant TMM was out and I had to play Frawley and look how that worked out

Good point bluetige. Knowing who definitely WON'T be playing is an improvement on what we had previously.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:20 pm

Chewie wrote:

Yes I was lucky,
    I think Milchcow wasn't that lucky though Sad

Trade in Gurgess for Musgrove. Trophy

Not as bad as Abbey over Ponga
    Finch
    Finch

Post by Finch Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:20 pm

bluetige wrote:

That's true and that's the other side of looking at it. Good point.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:24 pm

Chewie wrote:

I just read an article in the Newcastle Herald... Sounds like Brown might stick to his Sione/Feeney combo for now.
    Which makes it very tempting for me to upgrade Smat to Whitehead this week

This blows. I'm guessing you mean Sione/Lamb combo possibly with Feeny staying on the bench. Might look at trading him too if that's the case. Might make Stone a decent option too if this keeps up.
    Loomer
    Loomer

Post by Loomer Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:25 pm

Chewie wrote:

I just read an article in the Newcastle Herald... Sounds like Brown might stick to his Sione/Feeney combo for now.
    Which makes it very tempting for me to upgrade Smat to Whitehead this week

Apparently Barnett could be out for a while with ankle injury. Hopefully the end of the Sione at half experiment

https://mobile.twitter.com/7th_Tackle/status/856340496800546816
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:32 pm

Milchcow wrote:

Trade in Gurgess for Musgrove.   Trophy

Not as bad as Abbey over Ponga

you did that? i thought we all agreed we'd give Georgey a week to prove himself!
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:33 pm

Not that these really mean anything but fun to read;

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/nrl-team-tips-team-news-predicted-lineups-for-round-9/news-story/9987b2f6caf7e45a572c3e8cb115e394

Harris looking to return, TMM still in doubt. Predicted teams have CHN and Harris on the bench along with Peachy again.

Kahu to return.

AReynolds expected to return.

Coote a good chance to return along with Granville. Thurston still in doubt.

Kenny Edwards to 6.

Kane Elgey is expected to return after a week’s rest with a hamstring complaint. LOL WUT?!

Has Sione at 6 but still has Barnett at lock so can't take anything from this.

Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:40 pm

my tv broke wrote:

you did that? i thought we all agreed we'd give Georgey a week to prove himself!

Needed the cash for Crichton, and it was either Gurgess or an even riskier punt. Shame he couldn't get down to a 3 game ban and at least play rd 12
    B/L
    B/L

Post by B/L Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:49 pm

Fantasy seems a little irrelevant at the moment
    bluetige
    bluetige

Post by bluetige Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:08 pm

Milchcow wrote:

Needed the cash for Crichton, and it was either Gurgess or an even riskier punt.  Shame he couldn't get down to a 3 game ban and at least play rd 12
    You will be in luck, the Rep weekend will serve as 1 of his suspensions because he would have been selected for the Poms, therefore he will only be absent for 3 NRL games.

However, will Madge select him straight away or make him improve his discipline in Reserve Grade
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:19 pm

so trades this season i've gone:

rnd 2 - pythian -> abbey (complete waste in hindsight).
    rnd 3 - moeora -> addin fonua blake (sideways)
    rnd 3 - suli -> slater (thumbs up)
    rnd 4 - kelly -> CHN (thumbs up)
    rnd 5 - addin fonua blake -> whitehead (thumbs up)
    rnd 5 - elgey -> hampton (complete waste in hindsight)
    rnd 6 - siro -> crichton (thumbs up)
    rnd 6 - lamb -> a reynolds (thumbs up until hip injury)
    rnd 7 - jacks -> nikorima (complete waste in hindsight)

bit all over the place when i look back at it.

Wish abbey would have been Ponga. AFB was a bit of cash shuffling. TBH cant do much about hampton. could of been frawley which would make for the same result. kind of wish i just i just went to a 138k instead of nikorima last week. An AE would of resulted in a better score.
    Fortitude
    Fortitude

Post by Fortitude Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:23 pm

my tv broke wrote:so trades this season i've gone:

Wish abbey would have been Ponga. AFB was a bit of cash shuffling. TBH cant do much about hampton. could of been frawley which would make for the same result. kind of wish i just i just went to a 138k instead of nikorima last week. An AE would of resulted in a better score.

I did the Elgy to Hampton trade also. Had feeling Frawley wouldn't be a solid prospect straight away. Hampton offered me more money in bank. was the deciding factor.
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:25 pm

bluetige wrote:
    You will be in luck, the Rep weekend will serve as 1 of his suspensions because he would have been selected for the Poms, therefore he will only be absent for 3 NRL games.

However, will Madge select him straight away or make him improve his discipline in Reserve Grade

Nice pick up on the Rep weekend. George might be ok for round 12
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:27 pm

Fortitude wrote:I did the Elgy to Hampton trade also. Had feeling Frawley wouldn't be a solid prospect straight away. Hampton offered me more money in bank. was the deciding factor.

Honestly I don't think we can fault ourselves for Hampton. Who could have predicted that Leary would come from nowhere and take the starting hooker spot when at the time it seemed like it was Hamptons until Granville returned?

Tbh I only took a punt on CHN because I needed the money. I openly stated I missed his first game and had no idea who he was. It was easy to assume at that point that JFH and Cartright were going to play the week after too.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:28 pm

my tv broke wrote:so trades this season i've gone:

This is interesting, I'm just looking at mine.

Rd1 - Phythian --> Moga
    Rd1 - DSaifiti --> Wallace
    Rd2 - Cartwright --> Hess
    Rd3 - Hayne --> Ponga
    Rd4 - Moga --> Slater
    Rd4 - Talakai --> Bodene
    Rd6 - Musgrove --> Crichton
    Rd6 - Jacks --> Frawley
    Rd7 - Elgey --> Nikorima

Not bad really. Happy with Wallace, Hess, Ponga, Slater, Crichton and hopefully Bodene in the long run. Moga was a waste, and I wish I never got Frawley and Niko. Spewing I missed out on CHN too.

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 6:20 pm