NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 8

Pain
    Pain

NFL Dynasty Champion : 2019
    NFL Fantasy L2 Champion : 2019

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 8 - Page 21 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 8

Post by Pain Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:36 am

That feeling you get the morning after the night before, you open the app to see who's snuck into your team during the drunken haze...
    sets
    sets

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 8 - Page 21 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 8

Post by sets Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:37 am

I would bank an 800 first week if I could
    Loomer
    Loomer

Post by Loomer Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:39 am

SoylentGreen wrote:Surgess + Sezer VS Gillett + Ash Taylor VS Aubbs + Norman?

Obviously the one with Surgess and not Aubo. Oh 3 Vs

Last edited by Loomer on Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:40 am; edited 1 time in total
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:40 am

multiple.scoregasms wrote:The two worst starting fulltime halves last year were Sezer with 29.86 and Robson with 27.38. Even if Elgey doesn't manage to beat those scores he is still 60-90k under priced. Is anyone not considering him?

in 2015 Elgey averaged 29.75  in his 16 games (rises to 31.8 if you exclude games he didn't finish)

So its entirely possible he won't beat the scores of Sezer/Robson.  He is proced at 20.8 so should at least make money, but I don't trust him to score well enough to be in my 17.
    Showbags
    Showbags

Post by Showbags Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:41 am

hmm 750-800 so if I take out 120 for smith everyone else needs to average 40-43pts.
    Beast From The Big East
    Beast From The Big East

Post by Beast From The Big East Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:46 am

Macca + Sironen

or

Brailey +Gun forward (already have JDB and McGuire)
    Loomer
    Loomer

Post by Loomer Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:08 am

Beast From The Big East wrote:Macca + Sironen

or

Brailey +Gun forward (already have JDB and McGuire)

If Nikorima on bench Macca is a no go anyway

Post by Guest Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:08 am

Thaiday played the last 5 rounds 80mins and averaged 41.4 and is priced at 35.4
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms
    Fanatic

Post by multiple.scoregasms Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:18 am

Milchcow wrote:

in 2015 Elgey averaged 29.75  in his 16 games (rises to 31.8 if you exclude games he didn't finish)

So its entirely possible he won't beat the scores of Sezer/Robson.  He is proced at 20.8 so should at least make money, but I don't trust him to score well enough to be in my 17.

Definitely don't want him in the 17 but he is a decent cash cow

Post by Guest Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:18 am

If your running with four cheapies in the CTR position. What two are you playing in your 17 if all named to start?

i.e. Talakai, Idris, Kelly, Suli, Cotric, Scott, any others I missed.
    Regulator
    Regulator

Post by Regulator Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:20 am

Howdy chaps,

Ready to lock and load, though TLT will probably change all sorts of things

Keen to pick some brains on this group

Smith, Brailey
    J Bromwich, Gurgess, Ese'se, Tetevano (depending on the nuffie props named on TLT)
    JDB, Mannering, Soliola, Mata'utia, Sironen, Stimson
    Johnson, Lamb, Elgey, Field
    Tom Turbo, Idris, Scott, R Jennings (depending which cheapo centres get named)
    Hayne, RTS, Holmes, Phythian, Ponga

Realise Holmes might miss round one but I think he's a must and don't want to be trading him in in one or two weeks.

Wondering whether I should try push say Siro and Soliola into someone like McGuire + nuffie instead.
    DarkKnight
    DarkKnight

Post by DarkKnight Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:25 am

silvertop wrote:

Aah that is you old dog! Yeh thats me, had a good streak that one year aye? Not as big as DK though. affraid  Good to see ya bloke. See i read a couple of posts by someone callin themself Rabbit and Im like nah, surely that salty old souffs man couldnt actually be being civil?!

What the years (and a couple bans on multiple sites cheer  Cool ) can do aye?

Welcome to the new forum mate. I don't post as often anymore, don't have as much time as the good old days when we had a thousand page Dream Team thread with over a million views slowing down the sportal servers. Rabbit is a much improved fantasy player now. Good luck for the season ahead.
    GreenMachine
    GreenMachine

Post by GreenMachine Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:28 am

multiple.scoregasms wrote:

I'll try and touch on a few of these since I've had some similar thoughts.

Looking at the trial Buhrer was defending in the middle and attacking on the edge. Should be set for 80 minutes in this role so a bit of upside if he stays healthy. Barnett looks like he will be playing in the middle for all minutes he is on the field. Expecting around 60 minutes. Had a huge work rate on the edge so not sure if there is much room for improvement but surely less decision making and more tackling anything that moves will reduce his missed tackles.

With Moa gone I think Evans steps straight into his bench spot. Until Taukieaho gets back I think the lock position will be used for a backrower(Guerra/Carter) unlike previous years when it was used for Tauk and Liu. This leaves the prop rotation as JWH, Napa, Liu and Evans. JWH gets 45-50, Napa gets 45-50, Liu and Evans gets 30-35 weekly depending on match ups and game flow. When Tauk gets back Carter probably loses his bench spot and lock becomes 3rd prop.

Not going to attempt to work out what Madge will do with Cook and Farah.

Coopers you can pretty much lock in for 80 week in week out. Lolo should see 50-60 in the middle. Lowe probably gets 20-30 on the edge and 20-30 in the middle for around 50 minutes total. Hess will pick up the extra minutes on the edge. I'm expecting Fensom to slot into the Hannant role of 40-45 minutes in the middle running forward and tackling.

Thaiday doesn't have the conditioning to play 80 on the edge so I think he starts there, comes off for Glenn and then returns and has a stint at prop. Gillett is a smokey as a second tier gun defending next to Hunt. Could do a lot worse as a POD.

Croker played left centre and was leading the NRL in tries for a while last year. The Raiders spread the ball pretty evenly but BJ and Rapana did a lot more when they got the ball last year.

At this stage it looks like Lichaa, Smith and maybe Luke are locked in for 80. The rest will rotate week to week.

Gutherson didn't do a lot of kicking at 5/8 (6 points a week) and now adds goal kicking so if he can keep his attacking stats relatively similar he is slightly undervalued. Been in and out of my team.

I'm planning to do Fifita>Surgess and Smith>Cook(assuming Farah plays origin) in round 12. No back up plan at this stage but we will see how things shake out.

Both Morris brothers seem to be topped out unless Brett goes to fullback then he is slightly under priced.

Uate should make some money unless he gets dropped. I prefer Sio for the extra 13k who had a similar average to Uate and has a much more secure spot.

Can't pick a team based on who will/won't get injured. I am currently starting with Gallen and if he gets injured it's an easy trade to another gun.

Proctor averaged 70 minutes a game at the Storm so there is a little upside if he becomes an 80 minute player. Ash Taylor isn't as good at those short crash balls yet so he should see a few less tries. Is the extra workload enough to offset the lost attacking stats?

Good insights MS. I have pretty much same plan as you Re Fifita and Smith. I'm not making long range selections now, just long range plans
    GreenMachine
    GreenMachine

Post by GreenMachine Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:32 am

Regulator wrote:Howdy chaps,

Ready to lock and load, though TLT will probably change all sorts of things

Keen to pick some brains on this group

Smith, Brailey
    J Bromwich, Gurgess, Ese'se, Tetevano (depending on the nuffie props named on TLT)
    JDB, Mannering, Soliola, Mata'utia, Sironen, Stimson
    Johnson, Lamb, Elgey, Field
    Tom Turbo, Idris, Scott, R Jennings (depending which cheapo centres get named)
    Hayne, RTS, Holmes, Phythian, Ponga

Realise Holmes might miss round one but I think he's a must and don't want to be trading him in in one or two weeks.

Wondering whether I should try push say Siro and Soliola into someone like McGuire + nuffie instead.

Very good. Quite amazing what Brailey and no Fifita can do to your team. I think I'm back to the drawing board now I see you have SJ at half and TtRbo in the centers where I'm running out some clowns like Talakai Laughing
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:36 am

dreamers wrote:If your running with four cheapies in the CTR position. What two are you playing in your 17 if all named to start?

I'll be playing Idris.

Talaki probably next in line after that 

I am not at all convinced Cotric and Suli will score well enough to be in your 17

I am not sure I want Kelly and Scott in my 25, let alone 17. I guess if Kelly can crack it for round 1 his job security might be OK, but I wouldn't necessarily trust Scott to be around long term
    Shanbon
    Shanbon

Post by Shanbon Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:45 am

SoylentGreen wrote:Surgess + Sezer VS Gillett + Ash Taylor VS Aubbs + Norman?

800k for half and backrower. I think there are better combos then what youve got there. Moses and Taylor comes to mind, i even like JT and Moeroa

Post by Guest Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:47 am

Milchcow wrote:

I'll be playing Idris.

Talaki probably next in line after that 

I am not at all convinced Cotric and Suli will score well enough to be in your 17

I am not sure I want Kelly and Scott in my 25, let alone 17. I guess if Kelly can crack it for round 1 his job security might be OK, but I wouldn't necessarily trust Scott to be around long term

I'm confident Kelly will start round one, and will probably play him in my 17 with Idris.
    Shanbon
    Shanbon

Post by Shanbon Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:50 am

dreamers wrote:If your running with four cheapies in the CTR position. What two are you playing in your 17 if all named to start?

Im starting Talakai and Idris most likely. I like Talakai TB potential but the Reynolds injury has thrown a spanner in the works as Luke Kelly is shlt and will ruin a lot of attacking opps.

I dont think ill have Cotric in my team until Crocker comes back, Turner really didnt look good on the left, kept cutting back inside and didnt pass much to Cotric.

Suli is in my FB NPRs but might start if i need to cover Hayne rd1

Kelly is centre NPR but could jump Idris by week 2 lol

Scott im not sure makes the Storm rd1 team, if he does could miss 5 tackles a game
    SoylentGreen
    SoylentGreen

Post by SoylentGreen Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:08 am

Shanbon wrote:

800k for half and backrower. I think there are better combos then what youve got there. Moses and Taylor comes to mind, i even like JT and Moeroa

Already got Taylor (assuming you mean Elijah). Hadn't considered Moeroa

Post by Guest Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:09 am

What's this about Segeyaro training with the Sharks? scratch

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 6:00 am