NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 7

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 7 - Page 27 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 7

Post by Guest Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:28 pm

SI wrote:Codes for L1 (the pride of the Fanatics Leagues Very Happy  ) have just been sent.
    Lets hope no one farts in the coaches box this year. Past few years running someone has dropped a bomb forcing an evacuation and a plummet in rankings.
    Feline
    Feline

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 7 - Page 27 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 7

Post by Feline Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:28 pm

mulvy wrote:

There's this too

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/nrl-predicted-round-1-teams-2017-plus-injury-reports-on-each-club/news-story/18118feb8af2c465469c2770ef9fa2b2

OK this one seems more accurate...

questions / points of note here

- Valentine Holmes back for round one
    - Joe Ofa listed on the bench. Is that enough minutes to be worthwhile?
    - Bottom pricers Fualolo and Tualau on the bench for the Bulldogs.
    - Felise Kaufusi starting in the 2nd row and Klemmer at lock. Kromwich on the bench. Almost make Kaufusi a must have.
    - Talakai starting.
    - Taane Milne starting at centre
    - Moses Leota in the 17.
    - Tyrone Peachey at centre, where he tends to score well. Beast in the trial.
    - Ponga drops out of the side when Winterstein is back in a few weeks, right?
    - Is Solioila fantasy relevant starting at lock? Turner predicted at centre.
    - Bench of unknowns at the titans predicted. Any of them any good?
    - Bodene back and Bunty on the bench. Probably not worth it at the moment unless an injury moves him to the starting side.
    - Sironen actually starting with a weakish bench. Hard to pass up, right?
    - De Gois 80 minute hooker? Rumours Brown will spend some time at hooker?

Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:31 pm

Johnny B Goode wrote:I just briefly took Smith out to see what my team would look like with a McInnes/Brailey combo. I can get Bryce Cartwright in my HLF's, replace Sironen with a 300k+ 40 point FRF and still run with two top range 2RF guns. It just doesn't feel right though.  

I tell you what crazy plan I'm thinking of anyway. When the bye rounds come around and Smith misses a lot of footy I might be stupid enough to replace him for a few weeks with Damien Cook or maybe upgrade Brailey to him. Why? Well Daley loves Farah and will more than likely pick him for NSW so Cook if fit at the time would play the 80 minutes in all the bye rounds.

Yeah I've actually been thinking of some of these sorts of ideas in terms of how I get thorugh the bye period, how I go about upgrading Brailey and how I get Smith in. I figure I might be able to pick up Farah or Cook in round 11 depending on who plays origin before ultimately upgrading to Smith
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:37 pm

Honeysett wrote:Just wanted to give a public shout out to @SI - the absolute legend had a spare Guns N Roses ticket and Honeysett got the call up to go. Brilliant concert and what a legend.

For those playing at home, I wanted Civil War and SI wanted Coma and they played them back2back.

So thanks again mate and the forum should know what an absolute champion you are.

Haha, cheers mate.  Thanks for being my friend for the night Lol  .  Also cheers for the beers.  Those on top of the painkillers meant if you had have leaned on me I probably would have put out!

In all seriousness, great night and an absolute pleasure to meet you.  Allthough peanut butter and jelly about you being 30 and still getting asked for ID Shocked
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:38 pm

Feline wrote:

- Felise Kaufusi starting in the 2nd row and Klemmer at lock. Kromwich on the bench. Almost make Kaufusi a must have.
    - Talakai starting.
    - Moses Leota in the 17.
    - Bodene back and Bunty on the bench. Probably not worth it at the moment unless an injury moves him to the starting side.

I'm most intersted in felise if named to start and talakai. Ponga I think will only get a game or two (if he's even named ahead of Javid) but may be still worth grabbing because you know if he gets more games through the season he should score well.
    Loomer
    Loomer

Post by Loomer Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:42 pm

GreenMachine wrote:

Appreciate the stats. I wasn't suggesting 80mins from McGuire. Just a good chance of increased mins and already a solid 50pt player if he maintains and there's no upside. Surprised his gun status is in question tbh and if it's related a world club challenge match (where even there I think he scored mid 40s) then we should give the game away

Most of responses I make at this stage are devils advocate and looking for reasons to include. Mcguire was a lock in my team early but been looking for reasons not to include. Wavering on include
    Feline
    Feline

Post by Feline Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:49 pm

I am getting more and more interested in Brown, if De Gois is named as the sole hooker. I don't imagine De Gois will play 80 minutes and if Brown does fill in at hooker for a section of the game may turn into a 60 minute player.

I was tempted to keep this silent.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:50 pm

SI wrote:

Haha, cheers mate.  Thanks for being my friend for the night Lol  .  Also cheers for the beers.  Those on top of the painkillers meant if you had have leaned on me I probably would have put out!

In all seriousness, great night and an absolute pleasure to meet you.  Allthough peanut butter and jelly about you being 30 and still getting asked for ID Shocked

No worries at all, mate. Least I could do!

Hahaha I was pretty stoked with being asked for ID, made me feel good.
    GreenMachine
    GreenMachine

Post by GreenMachine Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:51 pm

Feline wrote:

- Talakai starting.
    - Moses Leota in the 17.

Assuming fense is out of favour or potentially on the move I'd be surprised if this is not Batemans position
    GreenMachine
    GreenMachine

Post by GreenMachine Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:57 pm

White Lightning wrote:

Don't quote me but Hayne might be in doubt for round 1 & Henry said Tyronne will be f/b. Of course it could be a crock of sh#t.

I feel like Hayne and maybe even Slater are still fantasy selections if not named for round 1.

Would be a great for serious vs casual players picking 25 players in TLT if they weren't.

My temptation would be to play one or both of my 138k guys until fit. Thoughts?

Last edited by GreenMachine on Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Feline
    Feline

Post by Feline Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:59 pm

GreenMachine wrote:

Assuming fense is out of favour or potentially on the move I'd be surprised if this is not Batemans position

If that is the case, doesn't that make Bateman about 10 points undervalued?
    GreenMachine
    GreenMachine

Post by GreenMachine Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:00 pm

Loomer wrote:

Most of responses I make at this stage are devils advocate and looking for reasons to include. Mcguire was a lock in my team early but been looking for reasons not to include. Wavering on include

Yeah he's correctly priced if not only marginally cheap which is obv very annoying Laughing

I haven't dont a draft yet without him and can't bring myself to as much as the extra 160k by having Boyd is massive
    GreenMachine
    GreenMachine

Post by GreenMachine Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:02 pm

Feline wrote:

If that is the case, doesn't that make Bateman about 10 points undervalued?

I think he's a great price and anyone looking in the Bunty afoa price range should absolutely give him a thought.

Will have a side bet with anyone on site that he outscores sione matautia this year Laughing
    lloosemcgoose
    lloosemcgoose

Post by lloosemcgoose Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:03 pm

mcinness looks really tempting but personally I can't leave smith out.

I feel the value of having the highest averaging fantasy player as captain from rd1 outweighs the value of a potentially undervalued hooker.

AS a 2nd hooker maybe but with the lack of real cheapies i find it hard to justify dropping Brailey and another gun player to fit him in
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:14 pm

Any more interest from guys regarding the Elite League.

https://www.nrlfantasyfanatics.com/t419-2017-nrl-fantasy-fanatics-elite-leagues-registration

You require to have been a part of FOG last year and a ranking average of 1 500 over the last 2-3 years or better.
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:22 pm

Random wrote:Any more interest from guys regarding the Elite League.

https://www.nrlfantasyfanatics.com/t419-2017-nrl-fantasy-fanatics-elite-leagues-registration

You require to have been a part of FOG last year and a ranking average of 1 500 over the last 2-3 years or better.

I have an average of 1062 over the last two years... That well n truly blows out with 2014 tho when I ditched it and continued with my dream team team instead due to FH

Post by Guest Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:25 pm

really stuck on that hooker spot, really want the Smith/McInnes double, but can't get it to work without feeling like i'm cutting too many corners.

compare the side i was most happy with:

Smith, McInnes
    Burgess, Lawrence, (Leota, Perrett)
    JDB, McGuire, Taylor, SMat, Sironen, (Leilua)
    Moses, Lamb, Elgey, (Hingano)
    Walker, Idris (Talakai, Kelly)
    RTS, Hayne, Holmes (Phythian, Ponga)

and without Smith:

McInness (Brailey)
    Gurgess, Lawrence, Wallace, Kaufusi
    JDB, Buhrer, Taylor, SMat, Sironen (Leilua)
    Arey, Moses (Elgey, Hingano)
    Walker, Idris (Talakai, Kelly)
    RTS, Hayne, Turbo (Phythian, Ponga)

I really shouldn't even be thinking about ditching Captain Cam, given i was one of the guys that got his foot stuck in the Seggy/Lichaa trap in Round 1 of last year, but that 2nd team has every player i have tried desperately to fit into the 1st one.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:26 pm

Random wrote:Any more interest from guys regarding the Elite League.

What's the FOG again? I assume I'm not eligible only second year
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:27 pm

Post up in the thread and you are all good Mearcats. The FOG is the overall group. So if you were active in it last year, (Which from memory you were) you are eligible mate. Even if the other 2 years you weren't.
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:28 pm

GreenMachine wrote:

I feel like Hayne and maybe even Slater are still fantasy selections if not named for round 1.

Would be a great for serious vs casual players picking 25 players in TLT if they weren't.

My temptation would be to play one or both of my 138k guys until fit. Thoughts?

Certainly with Hayne, less so with Slater. When Hayne's back he's back, with Slater you're gambling that he'll ever be or stay fit.

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 12:18 am