NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

Dream Team Virtual Sports - Sports Deck 2017 Thread

Simon Templar
    Simon Templar

Dream Team Virtual Sports - Sports Deck 2017 Thread - Page 23 Empty Re: Dream Team Virtual Sports - Sports Deck 2017 Thread

Post by Simon Templar Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:06 pm

VSDT League Rankings 2017 - Round 4

League = Average/team/round = Ranking (Ranking last week)

Official FF Leagues

FantasyFanatics L1 = 798.0 = 1st (1st)
    FantasyFanatics L3 = 784.8 = 5th (4th)
    FantasyFanatics L2 = 771.1 = 21st (21st)

Unofficial Leagues

Bullbenders League = 782.2 = 9th (7th)
    STDK (+10) Randoms = 718.4 = 104th (85th)

COMMENT: Not much change from last week, except that the 10 randoms are letting down DK and me. Wink
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Dream Team Virtual Sports - Sports Deck 2017 Thread - Page 23 Empty Re: Dream Team Virtual Sports - Sports Deck 2017 Thread

Post by Mearcats Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:08 pm

I am unsure if I am reading this right but according to the dashboard I am ranked 285... That can't be right right??? I don't even really know what I'm doing, just jumped in to help fill out L3
    code delta
    code delta

Post by code delta Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:12 pm

I want to run Kelly as a center.
    So when do they make Kelly an option at center (since that's where he's played all year) and Cotric a DPP option at WFB (since that's where he's played all year)??
    Would help my team fractionally.
    code delta
    code delta

Post by code delta Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:16 pm

And that L2 average is 0.1 less than my season average in there. Sorry people. Laughing
    Simon Templar
    Simon Templar

Post by Simon Templar Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:40 pm

Mearcats wrote:I am unsure if I am reading this right but according to the dashboard I am ranked 285... That can't be right right??? I don't even really know what I'm doing, just jumped in to help fill out L3

Sometimes the scores are so unpredictable that it favours those who don't know what they are doing. Wink

I talked a mate into having a go at DT this year. He hasn't got a clue what he is doing, his team is shit and beyond help, he has only made 1 trade all season (replaced an injured Inglis), and he was talking about giving it away only last week. And yet his team beat my team (which I think looks quite solid on paper) by about 70 points in Round 4. Haha!
    Simon Templar
    Simon Templar

Post by Simon Templar Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:44 pm

code delta wrote:I want to run Kelly as a center.
    So when do they make Kelly an option at center (since that's where he's played all year) and Cotric a DPP option at WFB (since that's where he's played all year)??
    Would help my team fractionally.

To the best of my knowledge, in VSDT, the positions of all the players are locked in at the start of the season and they are NEVER changed, so Kelly will remain a WFB and only a WFB for the rest of the season.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:59 am

Simon Templar wrote:

To the best of my knowledge, in VSDT, the positions of all the players are locked in at the start of the season and they are NEVER changed, so Kelly will remain a WFB and only a WFB for the rest of the season.

Ah, didn't know that. That's a shame.
    Bullbender
    Bullbender

Post by Bullbender Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:13 am

Simon Templar wrote:

100% right ST. Fanhub are the ones who bought in the player position changes, previous to them and both other formats VSDT and SC positions are set in stone at the start of the comp
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:16 am

Bullbender wrote:
    100% right ST. Fanhub are the ones who bought in the player position changes, previous to them and both other formats VSDT and SC positions are set in stone at the start of the comp

Supercoach brought in some positional changes pre round 1 lockout this year, did VSDT do that too?
    SC now locked in too though now the comp had started
    Bullbender
    Bullbender

Post by Bullbender Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:22 am

If Littlejohn gets the half gig he might be a go if Brooks is out for the 4-6 week mark being thrown around. He is a good defensive half and has a strong kicking game. Was a good scorer at Manly playing 80 at half. Depending on Brooks scans today but if he gets 4 weeks plus hes a nice little upgrade from Elgey. This is amongst all the other fire sale bargains that will be happening the next few weeks
    Bullbender
    Bullbender

Post by Bullbender Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:23 am

Milchcow wrote:

Supercoach brought in some positional changes pre round 1 lockout this year, did VSDT do that too?
    SC now locked in too though now the comp had started
    I think they did Milchy but once the game starts thats it. I think they were just tweeking before round 1 once team lists got announced
    Simon Templar
    Simon Templar

Post by Simon Templar Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:48 pm

Bullbender wrote:
    I think they did Milchy but once the game starts thats it. I think they were just tweeking before round 1 once team lists got announced

This.

Has anyone noticed that Nightingale is locked in as a CTR only, even though he almost NEVER plays in the centres? In previous seasons, he has always been a dpp WFB/CTR.  I suspect somebody made a data-entry error when they set up VSDT at the start of the year, and nobody noticed that they had missed entering him as a WFB also.

Other examples of anomalies (off the top of my head) include Cotric as a CTR only and B.Kelly as a WFB only. Also it would make more sense for S.Mat to be a CTR/2RF instead of a WFB/2RF.

But, at the end of the day, it doesn't really matter. We know what positions the players locked into prior to the start of the season, and we make our decisions based on that. No drama!

Last edited by Simon Templar on Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:49 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Tpyo)
    StuDogg101
    StuDogg101

Post by StuDogg101 Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:26 pm

No trades for me this week. Going to write last week off as just a bad time all round, and as tempting as it is to play shuffle-the-backs again I'm just going to stick with the status quo and bank the trades.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:58 am

I should probably take a look at the other thread, but 2 guys that interest me now (post TLT) are:
    Simpkins and CHN (aka TPG).

I guess we have the benefit of waiting another week for CHN to see how he scores this week and if he's in next, but does anyone have any thoughts on him? I.e. when/if Carty comes back do you see this guy playing a Bunty Afoa type role off the bench? If so it seems like he could be a buy (next week) right? Also would he likely get increased time over Origin?

Simpkins: He seems to get a pretty bad rap on the NRL.com thread about being a shit player and an injury risk, but he has a starting spot for now, is averaging 36.5, has a BE of -19, $152k price tag, has played 50min the last two games and has DPP 2rf/Hook. Whats not to like? I guess the issue will be if Hayne is back next round Simpkins might get shuffled all the way out of the 17, but then again he looks like he will make some decent money this week at least, plus more over time surely... Is this guy a must buy?

Lastly, Ponga, Do you take it that Green has been pretty clear here about where Ponga stands in the team? Seems like he is now not really a fantasy prospect unless Coote goes down again.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:11 am

With that in mind:

Thinking of going:
    1) Lamb to Slater via Gutherson (Lamb's price has probably peaked and the injury cloud or what ever is going on is a bit of a concern)
    2) Leota to Simpkins via Yates

Would leave me with ~50k to upgrade next week too...

Cam, McCullough
    JBD, F Kaufusi, Wallace, Leota Yates
    McGuire, Mannering, Gallen, Hess, Sironen, Simpkins
    Norman, Lamb, Gutherson, Jacks, Elgey,
    Aubs, Whare, RJennings, Cotric
    Slater, RTS, Smat, Suli, B Kelly

Any thoughts? Any help much appreciated.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:41 am

@Milchcow is Hess a trade next week or the following (if you want to catch his peak) if we assume he goes back to 30 PPG. Im hoping you say next week because if so I think can bring in Whitehead and Bodene.

I've had a bit of a muck around with your price predictor for NRL.com and adapted it for VSDT (not sure if I have done it correctly, don't know the exact "magic number", and I don't know how to deal with the fact that it takes 3 weeks before VSDT player's prices update. However that being said my rough numbers suggest at 30 PPG Hess will be roughly $400k next week and then just under that the week after before steadily declining.

Sound about right?

Actually cancel most of that. Made some changes based on the SS you posted. Your MN is 8500 right? So now I'm now treating week 1 as week4 to avoid having to deal with the VSDT pricing thing. I think that is making more sense. Im also using 8635 as the MN based on last weeks totals. Gets me pretty close to an accurate price change for Hess this week.

The model now says at 30PPG Hess is 410 next week and 415 the week after before declining. How does that sound Smile

EDIT (again) just tested on a few more players and the model seems to be working, yeah!!

So in Summary, I reckon Hess is a tradeout next week Wink
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:12 am

If things fall into place, which they probably wont, AND I have done my numbers right, then I believe I could be running with the following forward pack next week:

Cam, McCullough (R)
    JDB, Wallace, Kaufusi (R) Yates
    Gallen, Mannering, McGuire, Whitehead (R), Bodene (R), Simpkins

I'm new to this version of the game, but I reckon that is a pretty mean pack to be running at this stage of the season, especially seeing as all 4 reserve sports are covered too.

Clack Bocks
    Clack Bocks

Post by Clack Bocks Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:37 am

Rippin and Tearin wrote:With that in mind:

Thinking of going:
    1) Lamb to Slater via Gutherson (Lamb's price has probably peaked and the injury cloud or what ever is going on is a bit of a concern)
    2) Leota to Simpkins via Yates

Would leave me with ~50k to upgrade next week too...

Cam, McCullough
    JBD, F Kaufusi, Wallace, Leota Yates
    McGuire, Mannering, Gallen, Hess, Sironen, Simpkins
    Norman, Lamb, Gutherson, Jacks, Elgey,
    Aubs, Whare, RJennings, Cotric
    Slater, RTS, Smat, Suli, B Kelly

Any thoughts? Any help much appreciated.

Lock it in I reckon, can't see anything wrong with those moves, especially if you have a long term plan of where you want to be.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:44 am

Clack Bocks wrote:

Lock it in I reckon, can't see anything wrong with those moves, especially if you have a long term plan of where you want to be.

Thanks mate, do you know much about Simpkins? Is he likely to get a bench spot once they have their full team on the park? Or is he reliant on a couple of those key injuries (Hayne and Peats primarily I guess)? Even if he has done his dash by the time Peats comes back he will have hopeful played 5 weeks and made enough cash for it to have been worth it. Use that money later to make an upgrade or two prior to Origin.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:47 am

Rippin and Tearin wrote:@Milchcow is Hess a trade next week or the following (if you want to catch his peak) if we assume he goes back to 30 PPG. Im hoping you say next week because if so I think can bring in Whitehead and Bodene.
    Wink

I haven't really run the numbers yet - sounds like you have done it more in depth than me.

But yes, I'll be planning on trading out soon. See how he goes this week in what is a full strength pack for minutes/workload.

But assuming he doesn't sustain points then its an ideal time to bring in Bodene or Whitehead. I might think about Surgess too.

Whitehead can maybe wait a week in Fantasy but in this comp bringing him in before his next game is best bet.

Looking at cash, if this week goes well for me might be able to do PKaufusi and Hess for Whitehead and Bodene

That would give me a similar pack to yours of

Smith McCullough
    Gallen McGuire FKaufusi (Musgrove)
    JDB Bodene Whitehead Wallace ET (Yates)

Also thinking this week about Moga to Ponga (as cashout with potential origin fill-in) or maybe bring Slater in

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 9:47 pm