NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL.com Fantasy thread part 51 - The party thread

filthridden
    filthridden

NRL.com Fantasy thread part 51 - The party thread  - Page 11 Empty Re: NRL.com Fantasy thread part 51 - The party thread

Post by filthridden Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:03 pm

Milchcow wrote:
    What's up party people.  I've been a bit A
    WOL recently,  but just checking in to say I'll be down in Melbourne tonight for the FFA Cup final.  Not that any of you cars about the A-League,  but I'll be there.

In fantasy news,  now that the draw is out might get first draft of the 2017 planner out in the coming weeks.  Any feature requests this year?

Shit I didn't even know that was tonight.
    I was planning on going into the CBD.... and let's be honest, it won't effect those plans Laughing

Did you arrive in town last night? Probably were on the same plane as my friend who has returned from the far north.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

NRL.com Fantasy thread part 51 - The party thread  - Page 11 Empty Re: NRL.com Fantasy thread part 51 - The party thread

Post by Milchcow Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:52 pm

I just arrived this afternoon, and flying back tomorrow morning . If you'll be in the CBD abs want to catch up, and be a note ave I'll come say hi if circumstances allow.

Think I'll be at the mitre hotel shortly for pre match drinks
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:47 am

Milchcow wrote:
    What's up party people.  I've been a bit AWOL recently,  but just checking in to say I'll be down in Melbourne tonight for the FFA Cup final.  Not that any of you cars about the A-League,  but I'll be there.

In fantasy news,  now that the draw is out might get first draft of the 2017 planner out in the coming weeks.  Any feature requests this year?

New feature? scratch

maybe a Fantasy dud predictor

on a sidenote: Cahill has the best headers Cool
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:11 pm

Milchcow wrote:
    I just arrived this afternoon,  and flying back tomorrow  morning .  If you'll be in the CBD abs want to catch up,  and be a note ave I'll come say hi if circumstances allow.

Think I'll be at the mitre hotel shortly for pre match drinks

Sorry mate, only saw this message now. Have been overseas for the last few days too haha.

Sportal Fanatics Christmas drinks this year, anyone?
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:54 pm

filthridden wrote:

Sorry mate, only saw this message now. Have been overseas for the last few days too haha.

Sportal Fanatics Christmas drinks this year, anyone?

In Melb? Lol.

Post by Guest Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:08 pm

So there is a Matt Moylan bobblehead. I wonder if there is a bobblehead bobblehead.

NRL.com Fantasy thread part 51 - The party thread  - Page 11 CzilML8VIAAIXKu
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:42 pm

lol!

Oh please please can there be Very Happy
    bluetige
    bluetige

Post by bluetige Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:20 am

A Fantasy price teaser has been released before Chrissy. http://www.nrl.com/broncos-2017-nrl-fantasy-guide/tabid/10874/newsid/102946/default.aspx

Things I have noted from this;
    The magic number has been raised to 9,475. That is the average of Bronco players who never received a discount. The Salary Cap will likely raise in light of this. It was $6.8 million, (if I rememeber correctly) in 2016.
    Discounts have been given to all players who played less then 10 games, equating to 3% per game played less then 10 games, i.e. played 6 games, get a 12% discount
    For some reason Jonus Pearson was given more then this.

Merry Christmas everyone, (although our Christmas is the 28th Feb)
    sets
    sets

Post by sets Sat Dec 17, 2016 7:26 pm

I like to see someone with the balls to pick Benji Marshall this season. Dont know if balls is the right word tho

Post by Guest Sat Dec 17, 2016 7:30 pm

sets wrote:I like to see someone with the balls to pick Benji Marshall this season. Dont know if balls is the right word tho

I didn't realize there was an Intrust Super Cup Fantasy competition.
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Sat Dec 17, 2016 7:30 pm

What would his scoring potential even be in the centers. Boom or bust in a similar way to Hodges?

Post by Guest Sat Dec 17, 2016 7:34 pm

Random wrote:What would his scoring potential even be in the centers. Boom or bust in a similar way to Hodges?

Hodges was known for his runs from dummy half. Marshall is known for being a dummy half.
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Sat Dec 17, 2016 7:57 pm

While I appreciate the humour that is something I always loved about Hodges. You knew he was going to run it, you knew there was no way he was going to pass it. Yet every damn time he caught someone out.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:27 pm

The only Broncos I like are McGuire if he gets the lock position & Arrow as a cc & maybe getting the lock position.
    They are really going to miss Parker not being there. Over the last couple of years since Parker hasn't played 80 minutes you noticed straight away when he went off for a rest that the Broncos lost domination of the ruck while he wasn't on the field.

Post by Guest Sun Dec 18, 2016 1:18 am

White Lightning wrote:The only Broncos I like are McGuire if he gets the lock position & Arrow as a cc & maybe getting the lock position.
    They are really going to miss Parker not being there. Over the last couple of years since Parker hasn't played 80 minutes you noticed straight away when he went off for a rest that the Broncos lost domination of the ruck while he wasn't on the field.  

So I'm going to throw any Broncos bias I have out the window and be real for a moment. I think the Broncos will miss Parker like you suggest however if truth be told his form at club level in 2016 wasn't all that great. With a full pre season under their belt I think blokes like Arrow, TPJ, Ofahengaue will really take another step forward in 2017 (I'm excited that TPJ will be looking to step his game up and play longer minutes). The thing that scares me the most is that the Broncos have their entire spine off contract (among others) in 2017 so you have to wonder whether that will have any negative affects on their performance.

Just a few Broncos players off contract in 2017 (according to zero tackle) include...

Boyd
    Oates
    Kahu
    Roberts
    Mead
    Milford
    Hunt
    Blair
    McCullough
    Ofahengaue
    Glenn
    Arrow
    McGuire
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Sun Dec 18, 2016 10:59 am

@ KFP. Yeah I expect big things for Pangai Junior. If McGuire moves to lock it might result in TPJ getting more minutes & even starting. The pack lacks size & TPJ provides this plus he has good footwork & can get an offload away.
    Also re the players off contract I read somewhere the Dragons, Eels & Bulldogs are interested in Ben Hunt.
    Also Ben Ikin has floated the idea that Oates could become an interchange forward off the bench with Kahu to wing & Marshall to centre. Marshall at centre would be a hoot haha.
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Sun Dec 18, 2016 8:33 pm

White Lightning wrote:The only Broncos I like are McGuire if he gets the lock position & Arrow as a cc & maybe getting the lock position.

The majority of fantasy players are going to get sucked into thinking whoever plays at lock for the Broncos will pick up the majority of Parker's points and minutes. In my opinion this is wrong and lets dive into why.

I think early rounds last year showed a sneak peak into what will happen with the Broncos pack. In 2015 Parker averaged 62.5 points in 62.7 minutes, pretty much bang on with his career PPM. In the first 10 games of 2016 Parker averaged 59 minutes yet only 51.5 points. To figure out why this happened we can see average tackles(34.2 down to 29.5) tackle breaks(1.9 per game down to 1.7) and offloads (1.9 down to 1.3) being the biggest cause. His run metres stayed reasonably consistent. The biggest reason for this sudden drop in stats was not due to age, but due to a different role within the team. Only watching the first 9 games of the year I noticed a trend among with Parker and McGuire. NRL.com Fantasy thread part 51 - The party thread  - Page 11 Footy10

In previous seasons Parker did most of his defensive work from marker or as the "A" defender(for those that are unsure what this means I have attached a picture above) with McCullough acting as the other marker or "A" defender if the tackle was made wider. However in the first 10 games, whilst Parker still spend time defending at the "A" position, the majority of his time was spent as the "B" or "C" defender with McGuire filling in as the "A" defender on the majority of plays. This led to more defensive work being funnelled at McGuire and McCullough with Parker missing out on those "easy points."

Onto the missing tackle breaks and offloads. The explanation for this is much simpler. In previous seasons Parker took most of his hit up on 3rd and 4th tackles when the defense was retreating giving him a chance to hit the line at pace and work some magic, either with an offload or tackle bust. 2016 saw Parker taking the majority of his hit ups on 1st and 2nd tackle when the defensive line is set and the forwards job is to hit the soft spot behind the markers and get a quick play the ball, rather than trying to make something happen offensively. This extra work however was not taken over by McGuire, but covered by the emergence of the young Broncos forwards (Ofa, Pangai Junior, Arrow).

TL;DR Regardless of who is wearing the number 13 jersey for the Broncos they will not replace Parker's output if last season is anything to judge by. If you are chasing base stats and consistent scoring lock in McGuire. If you want upside pick one of Ofa, Pangai or Arrow and hope for the best.

Post by Guest Sun Dec 18, 2016 8:52 pm

Great stuff MS. One of the best posts I have seen on this forum regarding Fantasy.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:20 am

Gallen has lost his dpp status & now just a 2fr but he is 63k cheaper than Fifita who costs 601k.
    bluetige
    bluetige

Post by bluetige Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:08 am

that's some good in depth analysis MS

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 3:45 am