NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2017 Brisbane Broncos Thread - we hate them for their freedom

RandomSil
    RandomSil

2017 Brisbane Broncos Thread - we hate them for their freedom - Page 12 Empty Re: 2017 Brisbane Broncos Thread - we hate them for their freedom

Post by RandomSil Wed Jan 25, 2017 7:42 am

I really dont see Hunt living out the entire contract.
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

2017 Brisbane Broncos Thread - we hate them for their freedom - Page 12 Empty Re: 2017 Brisbane Broncos Thread - we hate them for their freedom

Post by Oz Sport Mad Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:37 am

Random wrote:I really dont see Hunt living out the entire contract.

Yeah I can easily see the hapless Dragons subsidising a portion of his return stint in Brisbane when he gets sick of playing with losers
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:53 am

Random wrote:I really dont see Hunt living out the entire contract.

You thinking over dose or drive by shooting ?
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:41 am

dasherhalo wrote:I reckon he's quite happy with it?
    I am sure he is.

he must have nude photos of mcgregor because honestly, up to 6 years at a million a year for BENT FUCKING HUNT who will be 28 by the time he gets there...... is just.. wow. IF he comes out and plays to the level of a thurston or a cronk for the next 6 years I will eat my hat - and I hope he does - but if he just does what he has done at brisbane ... wow... SUCH a fucking bad deal for the dragons. Their fans will turn on him and the club so fast if he doesnt deliver right away.

You have to think there are bonuses for finals appearances and rep team selections etc etc too.

To me... yeah the money is big but its not that out of the blue, he would have got a handsome offer from most clubs, including brisbane, that need a halfback - its the length at his age. Just crazy. I guess they got denied by so many halves that they had to go all out to get one. Similar to what Newcastle had to do with Ponga, which could either be a masterstroke or could be a disaster.
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:55 am

Pieman wrote:
    I am sure he is.

he must have nude photos of mcgregor because honestly, up to 6 years at a million a year for BENT FUCKING HUNT who will be 28 by the time he gets there...... is just.. wow. IF he comes out and plays to the level of a thurston or a cronk for the next 6 years I will eat my hat - and I hope he does - but if he just does what he has done at brisbane ... wow... SUCH a fucking bad deal for the dragons. Their fans will turn on him and the club so fast if he doesnt deliver right away.

You have to think there are bonuses for finals appearances and rep team selections etc etc too.

To me... yeah the money is big but its not that out of the blue, he would have got a handsome offer from most clubs, including brisbane, that need a halfback - its the length at his age. Just crazy. I guess they got denied by so many halves that they had to go all out to get one. Similar to what Newcastle had to do with Ponga, which could either be a masterstroke or could be a disaster.

It's clearly a generous offer from the Dragons but I personally think it's a smarter deal than forking out a similar amount over 4 years for a completely, unproven and hyped up youngster, ala the Knights.

BHunt is at least proven at this level and I don't think his age is an issue as ideally you want a bit of experience and maturity in your halves, not to mention his earlier years/games were largely off the bench.
    He might be 28 when he gets there but physically he should still be as fresh as a 25yo.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:49 pm

As I said just before and at the time, the Ponga deal could end up being an absolute masterstroke and a steal if he lives up to the hype, or it could be a disaster for 5 years. Also, the guy will be 20 by the time he gets to newcastle, having him at 25 by the time the deal finishes, not 33/34.

And A 5 year deal worth 3 million is similar to a 5/6 year deal worth 5/6 million??????? That's raffa maths. I mean, its closer to half the price than the full amount.

And yeah mate because playing hooker in the pro's for 5 years or so when you have played halfback your entire life helps lengthen your career... would definitely make you Fresh as you go into your late 20's and early to mid 30s  lol!  far out you reach sometimes mate, should start calling you Reed Richards. He has been playing footy for a long long time, the guy will be 28 and prob feels every year of it.

The age and length of the deal is the biggest issue, not the money so much, even though its 100% clearly overs.

Post by Guest Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:47 pm

So Semi gets his Passport back to play in the 9s after what disguting act he did and not a word has been said here?

If he were a bronco player this place would have lit up...
    Archer
    Archer

Post by Archer Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:50 pm

Mighty Fishes wrote:So Semi gets his Passport back to play in the 9s after what disguting act he did and not a word has been said here?

If he were a bronco player this place would have lit up...
    Why would people talk about it in the broncos section  scratch  did you sign him on a 2nd tier contract also?
    FebruaryChamp

Post by FebruaryChamp Sat Jan 28, 2017 3:40 am

Broncos got outmuscled last year by the better teams. Korbin Sims isn't going to change that.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:43 pm

Roberts named in the 9s team.
    Grea to see Bennett upholding the amazing culture there at the bronco's
    Dip

Post by Dip Mon Jan 30, 2017 5:04 pm

Pieman wrote:Roberts named in the 9s team.
    Grea to see Bennett upholding the amazing culture there at the bronco's

By picking him in a squad a few days after the NRL integrity unit said it was not reasonable to take disciplinary action against him????
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Tue Jan 31, 2017 6:45 am

lol
    Dip

Post by Dip Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:26 am

I ask that seriously. Roberts may or may not have done something wrong. Unfortunately an investigation was not able to determine whether he did due to a lack of evidence, which, as has already been pointed out, could have happened for a number of reasons - some which reflect well on Roberts/Broncos, and some which reflect poorly on him and the club.

The point is, if the system says no punishment is appropriate, then why should the Broncos. Presumably the Broncos know as much as the integrity unit does. The only reason not to pick him would be if the Broncos imposed, and Roberts broke a club rule, which is tighter than NRL rules (eg an alcohol ban). We don't know if they did have such a rule, in fact Bennett is famous for not imposing alcohol bans even though he is a teetotaller himself.

If there is no such club rule, then any calls for him not to be picked are absurd and you have to trust the system. Otherwise it would be like saying to SKD, well the court says you aren't guilty of domestic violence against your ex, but sending 200 texts a day when you were in the relationships seems like something a crazy person would do, so we're going to suspend you for that on suspicion.

Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:52 am

lol

Post by Guest Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:53 am

I don't see the bonzos threatening for 5 or 6 years yet. No Parker - No chance.

What's it been now? Ten years? Laughing
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:15 am

Dip wrote:I ask that seriously. Roberts may or may not have done something wrong. Unfortunately an investigation was not able to determine whether he did due to a lack of evidence, which, as has already been pointed out, could have happened for a number of reasons - some which reflect well on Roberts/Broncos, and some which reflect poorly on him and the club.

The point is, if the system says no punishment is appropriate, then why should the Broncos. Presumably the Broncos know as much as the integrity unit does. The only reason not to pick him would be if the Broncos imposed, and Roberts broke a club rule, which is tighter than NRL rules (eg an alcohol ban). We don't know if they did have such a rule, in fact Bennett is famous for not imposing alcohol bans even though he is a teetotaller himself.

If there is no such club rule, then any calls for him not to be picked are absurd and you have to trust the system. Otherwise it would be like saying to SKD, well the court says you aren't guilty of domestic violence against your ex, but sending 200 texts a day when you were in the relationships seems like something a crazy person would do, so we're going to suspend you for that on suspicion.

He's brought the club down by putting himself in this situation. The only reason it wasn't followed through with is due to the nightclub refusing to show CCTV footage, without it they have nothing.

The Broncos instead of showing that they're the standard bearers of the NRL, like oh so many fans like to claim, they have allowed him to play in a tournament promoting the game.

That aside, he's a loose cannon off the field and why isn't he already on a booze ban?
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:59 am

The bloke has known alcohol problems, fuck knows what else he has done that we dont know about.
    He was supposed to be in rehab for his issues, most of which seem to come from grog - yet caused ANOTHER incident at a bar.

The club hasnt punished him in the slightest for bringing the teams name into the media AGAIN.

how many more before the club says - Ok stop being a fuckwit

Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:29 am

I don't like it personally but the bloke is guilty of nothing. If you want to have a whinge about him just wait the couple of months until he screws up again and they can pin it on him.
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:19 pm

Krump wrote:I don't like it personally but the bloke is guilty of nothing.

Not entirely true - he is guilty of playing for the Broncos and thus triggering off Pieman and HS's excessive jealousy.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:49 pm

Legally, apparently he is guilty of nothing. Sure. Its always a bit sus when someone comes out with a complaint, then a few days later the complaint is withdrawn and that person is never heard from again.

Is that how it works though? I mean, Todd Carney did many illegal things, but he got sacked for something that isnt illegal, does that mean you think carney should be allowed back and has a case against cronulla?

They guy was punted for alcohol related issues at 2 clubs, fuck knows what else he has done that clubs have hidden. The bronco's especially have swept at least two issues that we know of under the rug.

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 3:24 pm