NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

Round 21 Thread

Round 21 Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Round 21 Thread

Post by Guest Sun Jul 31, 2016 12:29 pm

How does Josh Reynolds not get a single week for blatant tripping yet Frizell gets a week for accidentally touching the ref? What in the world is this game coming to?
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Sun Jul 31, 2016 1:02 pm

Bren wrote:How does Josh Reynolds not get a single week for blatant tripping yet Frizell gets a week for accidentally touching the ref? What in the world is this game coming to?

Absolutely mental. Just mental.
    Embarrassing.

Does tedesco get a week for accidently running into Perenara who was in the way?

So crazy. Surely he fights it and common sense rules.

Just amazing that Reynolds didnt get anything either. He should have got 10 weeks considering its his fourth tripping offence alone.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Sun Jul 31, 2016 1:07 pm

dasherhalo wrote:I might get tarred and feathered, but his arm *did* touch the ground, and he twisted a hell of a lot to get the ball down.

I can see the room for the interpretation, though I'm sure everyone agrees it's pretty thin!!!!

Yeah, it did touch the ground and he did promote the ball.
    The thing is, he was in the ingoal already when he promoted it so it should have been a try IMO.

Technically his arm touched the ground then he promoted the ball forward to score - so thats why its not a try.

Post by Guest Sun Jul 31, 2016 1:19 pm

Pieman wrote:
    Just amazing that Reynolds didnt get anything either. He should have got 10 weeks considering its his fourth tripping offence alone.

Exactly. He hasn't learned his lesson from his previous time on the sidelines for the exact same offence. At what point will it stop? When he breaks someones legs trying to trip them up? It was mentioned somewhat by Freddy/Joey on the Sunday Footy Show that it could have been a possible penalty try because if Reynolds doesn't trip Thompson he could very well go onto score a try.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Sun Jul 31, 2016 1:39 pm

Bren wrote:

Exactly. He hasn't learned his lesson from his previous time on the sidelines for the exact same offence. At what point will it stop? When he breaks someones legs trying to trip them up? It was mentioned somewhat by Freddy/Joey on the Sunday Footy Show that it could have been a possible penalty try because if Reynolds doesn't trip Thompson he could very well go onto score a try.

Totally agree with them.
    Was it even penalised in the game?
    dasherhalo
    dasherhalo

Post by dasherhalo Sun Jul 31, 2016 9:53 pm

Pieman wrote:

Yeah, it did touch the ground and he did promote the ball.
    The thing is, he was in the ingoal already when he promoted it so it should have been a try IMO.

Technically his arm touched the ground then he promoted the ball forward to score - so thats why its not a try.

Do you have a favourite there? Or have you just had the field to win? Smile

Kidding Smile

It made fark all difference in the scheme of things. We weren't coming back!
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Sun Jul 31, 2016 10:36 pm

Bren wrote:

He's got to be suspended for a decent stint to learn.

No penalty try though
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Mon Aug 01, 2016 7:55 am

i was pretty much 100% sure he would miss nothing, everyone gets grade 1's for it, probably been a good 10+ tripping charges and all get minimal points and he was never gonna get enough of a loading because most of his trips were ages ago

which brings up 2 flaws in the system

1) Tripping should carry enough points to equal a week with or without loading

2) the loading system does more in terms of punishing a player for 2 low range accidents then it does actually punishing repeat offenders. with something like tripping, past incidents should add somthing to punishments moving forward, no matter the time frame, but no, we'll just let a guy like frizzel miss a game for accidentally touching a ref because of a careless high tackle last season

leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:23 am

just to show how stupid it can be, the only other reynolds trip still active for loading comes off after next round, if he tripped someone in RD 23, he would be free to play RD 24 because it would still only be 1 allotment of 50% loading like this one
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:25 am

leaguegod wrote:just to show how stupid it can be, the only other reynolds trip still active for loading comes off after next round, if he tripped someone in RD 23, he would be free to play RD 24 because it would still only be 1 allotment of 50% loading like this one

loading should never come off if its the same offence. what a stupid fucking system
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:41 am

Pieman wrote:

loading should never come off if its the same offence. what a stupid fucking system

i don't think i'd agree with high tackle but things like tripping defs should always load up because there really is no need for into the game

on second thought was actually wrong in my post because carry overs from this one would see him miss a game but still a week would hardly seem sufficient really
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:43 am

leaguegod wrote:

i don't think i'd agree with high tackle but things like tripping defs should always load up because there really is no need for into the game

on second thought was actually wrong in my post because carry overs from this one would see him miss a game but still a week would hardly seem sufficient really

If someone is eg a serial high tackler - they should get suspended for longer and longer each time IMO.
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:59 am

Pieman wrote:

If someone is eg a serial high tackler - they should get suspended for longer and longer each time IMO.

Depends on the circumstances IMO and this is why our black and white system is a piece of shit.

For example, someone like Joel Thompson IMO has a poor technique and is a serial offender when it comes to lazy high shots.
    But if you have a black and white system that purely looks at the stats, then someone who tackles all day long but has been sighted for a couple of unlucky ones (e.g. when blokes are falling) will be treated the same when it comes to loading.

To me what has become of the judiciary is similar to the issues we have with the video ref.
    There's an unhealthy emphasis on consistency and IMO it is at the expense of common sense and logic.
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:08 am

Revraiser wrote:Roosters have been playong better the last few weeks, thought they would win easy.
    Wherea the Mojo gone of the Broncos

Just a standard Broncos post-Origin slump.

Hunt and Milf appear to be copping the most flack and whilst I believe they have been guilty of trying too hard at times, to me our poor form is quite clearly a result of the following two things:

1. Attack - our lack of go forward. No point blaming our spine when we are getting beaten in the forwards. I know we have been down on troops and a lot of the young blokes have been playing big minutes but it's time for our old heads in the forwards to step up.

2. Defence - doesn't get a lot of credit but fuck we miss Jack Reed. Along with Kahu being out, our goal line defence has suffered big time in their absence.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:20 am

Oz Sport Mad wrote:

Depends on the circumstances IMO and this is why our black and white system is a piece of shit.

For example, someone like Joel Thompson IMO has a poor technique and is a serial offender when it comes to lazy high shots.
    But if you have a black and white system that purely looks at the stats, then someone who tackles all day long but has been sighted for a couple of unlucky ones (e.g. when blokes are falling) will be treated the same when it comes to loading.

To me what has become of the judiciary is similar to the issues we have with the video ref.
    There's an unhealthy emphasis on consistency and IMO it is at the expense of common sense and logic.

IF someone gets stung with 3 or 4 "accidental" high shot charges, then well, after the 2nd or 3rd they would have to look at changing their technique or timing.

Someone like Joel Thompson is the perfect example of what I was getting at. He does prob 3/4 of those lazy high shots a year.
    Someone like Greg Bird too. Or Josh "Dog shot" McGuire. Players keep doing it coz they get hit with a charge and either dont miss any time, or it takes 2 or 3 charges for them to miss any time. Even then its just a week. If you miss a week every few months from repeated high shots, they should be getting longer and longer suspensions IMO.

Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:25 am

Oz Sport Mad wrote:

Just a standard Broncos post-Origin slump.

Hunt and Milf appear to be copping the most flack and whilst I believe they have been guilty of trying too hard at times, to me our poor form is quite clearly a result of the following two things:

1. Attack - our lack of go forward. No point blaming our spine when we are getting beaten in the forwards. I know we have been down on troops and a lot of the young blokes have been playing big minutes but it's time for our old heads in the forwards to step up.

2. Defence - doesn't get a lot of credit but fuck we miss Jack Reed. Along with Kahu being out, our goal line defence has suffered big time in their absence.

Totally agree, they will click again soon.
    Missing Gillett, Thiaday, McGuire, Reed, Kahu etc... when these guys are back they will be fine.

Also, James Roberts defence was disgusting on the weekend.
    They just simply dont give him the ball enough too. The 1 time each game they give it to him early he looks dangerous, but it just doesnt happen anywhere near enough.
    Boyd has also proven once again that he is not the kind of person to carry a team, or he is not someone that the team can look to when things are tough. He is excellent when everything is lined up and working perfectly for him, but when things are tough, he is useless.

There is definitely something going on behind the scenes too .. something bad.
    Bennett alluded to it in the presser.
    Milford looks like he is distracted big time IMO.
    The shock retirement of Parker.

Something is off.
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:37 am

Pieman wrote:

IF someone gets stung with 3 or 4 "accidental" high shot charges, then well, after the 2nd or 3rd they would have to look at changing their technique or timing.

Someone like Joel Thompson is the perfect example of what I was getting at. He does prob 3/4 of those lazy high shots a year.
    Someone like Greg Bird too. Or Josh "Dog shot" McGuire. Players keep doing it coz they get hit with a charge and either dont miss any time, or it takes 2 or 3 charges for them to miss any time. Even then its just a week. If you miss a week every few months from repeated high shots, they should be getting longer and longer suspensions IMO.

This is the flaw in the system IMO and why I would prefer (at the potential expense of consistency) they go back to subjectively judging each case on their own merits.

If you've watched League long enough you get a fair indication of intent and the risk with throwing the book at a bloke who has had 3 or 4 accidental charges is that some of the tackles that are getting pinged are frivolous at best and nothing to do with technique.
    It is completely feasible that someone would get done for 3 or 4 accidentals where he had no control of the outcome - so what is the point with loading up on that bloke??
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:41 am

Oz Sport Mad wrote:

This is the flaw in the system IMO and why I would prefer (at the potential expense of consistency) they go back to subjectively judging each case on their own merits.

If you've watched League long enough you get a fair indication of intent and the risk with throwing the book at a bloke who has had 3 or 4 accidental charges is that some of the tackles that are getting pinged are frivolous at best and nothing to do with technique.
    It is completely feasible that someone would get done for 3 or 4 accidentals where he had no control of the outcome - so what is the point with loading up on that bloke??

you would assume that all head high tackles are accidental.
    But yes, all should be looked at on their own merit anyway. Thats what happens now (for the most part anyway).
    If you have 4/5/6 accidental high shots, its prob a technique thing.
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:12 am

if we changed the grading system and didn't just hand out grade 1 careless high tackles to 99% of high tackle, you could just carry forward any of the actual high tackle (eg joel thompson are almost always avoidable swinging arms with a fair bit of force) that deserves it and the lower scale can come off

lost in the jrey/frizz madness was thompson getting another grade 1, 3 other high tackles in last 12 months or somthing and only misses a week, he doesn't miss players when he goes high either

Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Mon Aug 01, 2016 11:47 am

Pieman wrote:

Totally agree, they will click again soon.
    Missing Gillett, Thiaday, McGuire, Reed, Kahu etc... when these guys are back they will be fine.

Also, James Roberts defence was disgusting on the weekend.
    They just simply dont give him the ball enough too. The 1 time each game they give it to him early he looks dangerous, but it just doesnt happen anywhere near enough.
    Boyd has also proven once again that he is not the kind of person to carry a team, or he is not someone that the team can look to when things are tough. He is excellent when everything is lined up and working perfectly for him, but when things are tough, he is useless.

There is definitely something going on behind the scenes too .. something bad.
    Bennett alluded to it in the presser.
    Milford looks like he is distracted big time IMO.
    The shock retirement of Parker.

Something is off.

It is a deadset myth that the secret to unleashing Roberts is as simple as giving him the ball early and then just watching him score tries willy nilly.
    Yeah early ball is handy but not if the defence is in a position to slide easily and close out any space.

Roberts (attack and defence) is going well enough for me.
    Like most if not all players, it was always going to be a work in progress getting him to gel with a new team.

As for the doom and gloom behind the scenes, I don't buy it.
    I know I am slightly biased at times when it comes to the mighty Broncos and the best coach to have ever donned a whistle and picked up a clipboard.....but to me it is nothing that a few wins and a bit of momentum won't fix.

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:22 pm