NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

State of Origin Game 2

Clack Bocks
    Clack Bocks

State of Origin Game 2 - Page 4 Empty Re: State of Origin Game 2

Post by Clack Bocks Sat Jun 18, 2016 2:04 pm

I think Bird on the bench is good, he's actually a good utility. Has played full back, centre, 2nd row and 5/8.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Sat Jun 18, 2016 3:22 pm

Great stuff RE Bird. Nice and young, finally some foresight in place this series.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Sat Jun 18, 2016 5:07 pm

I still think we should have held our cards closer to our chest.

Why give QLD a chance to think about what they can do against Walker? Change the squad at the last possible minute.

QLD are playing up a virus again, which is seemingly every year. We should do the same type of thing - any advantage we can get we should be.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Sat Jun 18, 2016 5:52 pm

Totally agree HS, we never do it, they always do it.
    Walker is the obvious choice but with the bye round, he could have got a few centres in and played it a bit coy. Plus showing ur hand too soon on Bird on the bench is a bit weird. Could have held off to the last minute - they wouldnt have known who was going to get the spot between him and carty.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Sat Jun 18, 2016 5:54 pm

Pieman wrote:Totally agree HS, we never do it, they always do it.
    Walker is the obvious choice but with the bye round, he could have got a few centres in and played it a bit coy. Plus showing ur hand too soon on Bird on the bench is a bit weird. Could have held off to the last minute - they wouldnt have known who was going to get the spot between him and carty.

Don't even tell them that Morris is injured.

Come game day we drop that he's out, Walker is in and Bird is on the bench. No time to change
    Dip

Post by Dip Sat Jun 18, 2016 6:23 pm

Lol. As if we're worried about your 4th choice centre and 3rd choice reserve.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Sat Jun 18, 2016 6:37 pm

Dip wrote:Lol. As if we're worried about your 4th choice centre and 3rd choice reserve.

This is why as a New South Welshman we hate you. So much arrogance.

I hope Walker and Bird carve up.

Post by Guest Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:01 pm

Honeysett wrote:

You mean NSW fans dont hate QLD because they keep getting beaten every single year? Yeah right, pull the other one. NSW fans hate QLD because we are champions. Consistently showing NSW how its done.

Dip

Post by Dip Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:14 pm

Honeysett wrote:

No, arrogance is thinking your team can afford to have a few different blokes running around in the few limited training sessions they have left, against a team they've lost to in 9 of the last 10 series, instead of trying to get a player to have some combinations and reduce the gap to the worlds best centre.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Sat Jun 18, 2016 8:33 pm

Bren wrote:
    You mean NSW fans dont hate QLD because they keep getting beaten every single year? Yeah right, pull the other one. NSW fans hate QLD because we are champions. Consistently showing NSW how its done.

Not surprised your comprehension skills are lacking. I was referring to the fans.

QLD fans don't do shit to win the games, they don't even sell out their stadium

Post by Guest Sat Jun 18, 2016 8:43 pm

Honeysett wrote:

Not surprised your comprehension skills are lacking. I was referring to the fans.

QLD fans don't do shit to win the games, they don't even sell out their stadium
    NSW fans dont do shit to win the games either yet they are still losers. Go figure.

Coffee
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Sat Jun 18, 2016 9:53 pm

Bren wrote:
    NSW fans dont do shit to win the games either yet they are still losers. Go figure.

Coffee

Ah the coffee emoji, the symbol to thinking you've hit a winner when you're just a smug twat.

Coffee

Post by Guest Sat Jun 18, 2016 10:22 pm

Honeysett wrote:

Ah the coffee emoji, the symbol to thinking you've hit a winner when you're just a smug twat.

Coffee
    A foreign feeling for one such as yourself no doubt. (Supporting a shit team at club and state level).

Coffee
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Sat Jun 18, 2016 11:54 pm

Bren wrote:
    A foreign feeling for one such as yourself no doubt. (Supporting a shit team at club and state level).

Coffee

We've probably celebrated as many premiership wins as each other that we can actually remember. Your team can't be too good either.

Post by Guest Sun Jun 19, 2016 12:01 pm

Honeysett wrote:

We've probably celebrated as many premiership wins as each other that we can actually remember. Your team can't be too good either.
    Dont make assumptions just because it is your own personal opinion as in most cases (like this one) you will end up being in the wrong.

Aside from the 98, 00 and 06 Premierships I also have a photo of myself at home in Broncos gear watching the 93 GF with my old man. Last time I checked the Knights had only won 2 Premierships.

Onto another Champion bloke, Dane Gagai will be fit to play game 2 @ Suncorp. Good news.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Sun Jun 19, 2016 12:14 pm

Bren wrote:
    Dont make assumptions just because it is your own personal opinion as in most cases (like this one) you will end up being in the wrong.

Aside from the 98, 00 and 06 Premierships I also have a photo of myself at home in Broncos gear watching the 93 GF with my old man. Last time I checked the Knights had only won 2 Premierships.

Onto another Champion bloke, Dane Gagai will be fit to play game 2 @ Suncorp. Good news.

How old were you? I have photos of me as a baby, I don't remember being a baby though.

Still not bad for a "shit club" in the last 15 years we've won 2 and you've won 2.

I'm shocked that Gagai made it, let's hope those poor QLDers get over their stomach bug as well. I really think they might miss the gamw.

Post by Guest Sun Jun 19, 2016 12:44 pm

U Mirin' Brah
    Dip

Post by Dip Sun Jun 19, 2016 1:57 pm

[quote="Honeysett"]

1997 is far more than 15 years ago mate. You sure you're not Raffa?
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Sun Jun 19, 2016 2:34 pm

Honeysett wrote:

I'm shocked that Gagai made it, let's hope those poor QLDers get over their stomach bug as well. I really think they might miss the gamw.

On the footy show this morning, JT (the good one) said something about the ASADA people visiting to drug test.
    He said that, a few of the boys were sick, but they made miracle recoveries and were well enough to be tested - all whilst laughing.

I really dont understand why they keep doing it. Everyone knows that there is nothing wrong with them when every year there is a 'virus going through camp' or what ever. Unless they say it to mask the massive hangover that they all have for a day or two, it really does not make any sense.

QLD will never be the underdog while they have this side. Cam Smith even tried to say there was no home ground advantage as suncorp... I mean.. why? Just why say that?

What a shock there was an injured player who made a miracle recovery and will take his place in the team! Wow. That QLD team must have great physio's and doctors!!!  Clap

They havent been underdogs for the last 9/10 years and they most certainly are not now. NSW winning that series 2 years ago is so under rated in the big scheme of things. I mean, trent hodkinson and josh reynolds were the halves and they beat the greatest team ever assembled. The side has at least two certain future immortals in it in Smith and JT, A couple of possible ones in Slater and Inglis. They also won the first game of the series at suncorp - which is fucking unheard of.

It deserves more recognition.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Sun Jun 19, 2016 11:51 pm

[quote="Dip"]

Gee what a brain fart that was.

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:48 pm