NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 28

White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 28 - Page 2 Empty Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 28

Post by White Lightning Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:27 am

Even though I give the Warriors a hard time as a Kiwi I want them to do well but the problem with the team & it has been a problem for the last couple of years is the front row. You could have the most star studded back line money can buy but if your go forward men aren't dominating then you will lose. So lets have a look at the front row stocks.
    Matulino - to me he's really a 2nd rower & not really a prop but is playing prop due to lack of depth. He doesn't really provide great go forward when you compare him to the top echelon of front rowers
    Lillyman - a grafter, will give 100% & is a old fashioned front rower & all he really provides is hit ups. He doesn't have the footwork of the modern day front rower so never gets tackle breaks or offloads. To me he peaked a year ago & is on the decline.
    Gubb/Lisone/Vete/Gavet - These are the young bucks & the future of the Warriors but are still a couple of years away from having the stamina/consistency to play big minutes. They are all good players in their own right but are prone to silly errors/mistakes due to inexperience. Because our senior props aren't performing too much is expected of them & they try too hard resulting in errors. Look at the Broncos for example. You have Wallace & Ofahenguae who have been mentored properly & look how much they have improved. They haven't been thrown in the deep end because McGuire/ Blair/ Thaiday are performing & teaching these young guys.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 28 - Page 2 Empty Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 28

Post by White Lightning Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:33 am

Smith won't get charged for touching the ref. Look at how many times JT does it & he never gets charged. These guys are like corrupt, fraudulant bankers & traders on wall street who can get away with anything.
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:41 am

973 putting me up to 850th.

Very happy with that round considering I traded Parcell for Friend, didn't include Hunt in my 17, avoided Mannering and Lolohea (I swear I said he was a trap!)

Might trade Hunt this round if there's a suitable option or might just sit on him and wait for a good cash-out/cow as he's not losing cash.

Interestingly enough my 973 included Barba's 31, Mitchell's 17 and Cullen's 35.
    There would've been some huge scores out there in fantasy land this week. Wouldn't be surprised if the top of the round was 1,100+
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:55 am

i had no idea kodi nikorima had actually risen in price. here i was just assuming he was 130k. ha

Post by Guest Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:56 am

As if touching the ref like that should be a ban able offence anyway. Its a stupid rule, you get into the heat of the moment and have an empathetic/frustrated touch. Big deal.

I understand the point of the rule, making sure that the ref's don't feel threatened and there is no chance of somebody being touched "Too hard", but you have to show some discretion in these sorts of situations.

Warriors
    Warriors

Post by Warriors Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:58 am

filthridden wrote:973 putting me up to 850th.

Very happy with that round considering I traded Parcell for Friend, didn't include Hunt in my 17, avoided Mannering and Lolohea (I swear I said he was a trap!)

Might trade Hunt this round if there's a suitable option or might just sit on him and wait for a good cash-out/cow as he's not losing cash.

Interestingly enough my 973 included Barba's 31, Mitchell's 17 and Cullen's 35.
    There would've been some huge scores out there in fantasy land this week. Wouldn't be surprised if the top of the round was 1,100+

Pretty sure it was 1047. Also was there any injuries to storm outside backs last night? Wonder if tonu Harris will get moved there? Imagine being able to put him in the centres when he's scoring like he has last few weeks
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:00 am

White Lightning wrote:Even though I give the Warriors a hard time as a Kiwi I want them to do well but the problem with the team & it has been a problem for the last couple of years is the front row. You could have the most star studded back line money can buy but if your go forward men aren't dominating then you will lose. So lets have a look at the front row stocks.
    Matulino - to me he's really a 2nd rower & not really a prop but is playing prop due to lack of depth. He doesn't really provide great go forward when you compare him to the top echelon of front rowers
    Lillyman - a grafter, will give 100% & is a old fashioned front rower & all he really provides is hit ups. He doesn't have the footwork of the modern day front rower so never gets tackle breaks or offloads. To me he peaked a year ago & is on the decline.
    Gubb/Lisone/Vete/Gavet - These are the young bucks & the future of the Warriors but are still a couple of years away from having the stamina/consistency to play big minutes. They are all good players in their own right but are prone to silly errors/mistakes due to inexperience. Because our senior props aren't performing too much is expected of them & they try too hard resulting in errors. Look at the Broncos for example. You have Wallace & Ofahenguae who have been mentored properly & look how much they have improved. They haven't been thrown in the deep end because McGuire/ Blair/ Thaiday are performing & teaching these young guys.

100% agree. I've been a Warriors fan since day 1. Still hold a signed jersey from the 95 season. BUT this team stinks. It's worse this year cause its the first in a while that it looked like they had a squad which could have pushed top 4, or at least made the play-offs. But you are right, the go forward is rubbish from the front row, and it just seems like the rest of the team have dropped their heads as a result. The commitment is shocking from pretty much the whole team.

Seriously, they only thing they are good for is betting against this year ($1.65 for the Storm at home to beat the Warriors?? You have to be kidding me). They need to bring Cleary bank IMO, and pay what ever it takes to bring in a couple of grafty OZ props - are there a couple of Steve Prices out there? Then hopefully by the time next season rolls around they might have a platform to work off.
    difO
    difO

Post by difO Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:12 am

damnit. shouldve been top 2000 instead johnson has a mare and im 4,000.

also captained teddy and they were terrible

just goes to show that if the forwards are crap, the backs cant do anything

to top it all off, im a warriors fan...

Post by Guest Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:13 am

969 for the week and halved my ranking. Ill take it.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:13 am

With all these Manly injuries & Walker possibly although unlikely to be moved out of the halves does this bring Taupau back on the radar because instead of being used as a decoy runner he might actually get some attacking ball.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:14 am

Rippin and Tearin wrote:Seriously, they only thing they are good for is betting against this year ($1.65 for the Storm at home to beat the Warriors?? You have to be kidding me).

call me an idiot- but i thought the +4 for the warriors yesterday was a great bet. i was sure they'd turn up to play and watching storm over the past few weeks they had been super patchy. Bang
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:15 am

Bren wrote:969 for the week and halved my ranking. Ill take it.

Nice work mate.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:15 am

White Lightning wrote:With all these Manly injuries & Walker possibly although unlikely to be moved out of the halves does this bring Taupau back on the radar because instead of being used as a decoy runner he might actually get some attacking ball.

even with all his quiet games and decoy runs he is still averaging 52.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:22 am

my tv broke wrote:

even with all his quiet games and decoy runs he is still averaging 52.

Yeah I sold him a couple of weeks ago to buy JDB. Now I'm considering buying him back haha. My only hesitation is he doesn't play round 12 & his high ownership as due to my ranking I'm looking for differentials like K. Sims for example. With Korbin being a frf in fantasy & playing 2fr he'll get dpp status in a couple of games so will be handy for flexibility.
    SoylentGreen
    SoylentGreen

Post by SoylentGreen Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:27 am

890 - few disappointments (Mitchell, Gillett, Norman).

Not sure if I should trade this week - could bring in another gun with a double trade, but thinking that this team should be able to hold it's own and let me save the trades?

Smith,
    JDB, JTrbo
    Gillett, Mau, Taupau,
    Hunt, Mbye
    Holland, Gutherson
    Teddy, Barba, Mitchell

Res: Parcell, Aubbs, Norman, Hastings
    NPR: BLaw, Grant, Carter, Bhana, JLJ, Scott, Feeney, Bowen
    Scouter
    Scouter

Post by Scouter Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:30 am

Funny how things pan out, BJ & Aubbs are the 3rd & 5th highest scoring centers respectively which makes them keepers at this stage. Two picks i was initially regretting.

Also what are people doing with Mansour? I'm of the opinion that unless he is traded for Teddy/Dugan/Munster anything else is pretty sideways.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:31 am

Trades this week at this stage although may change depending on my hooker preference:
    Macca out - K-Nik in
    Grant out - K. Sims in

This leaves 122k in the bank. Still unsure of my hooker preference. Would prefer Hodgson but with only 8k in the bank I'd have to downgrade elsewhere which is a problem. With K-Nik I can upgrade elsewhere.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:38 am

Rippin and Tearin wrote:

Already on it mate, although I'm only gonna use the residual from the $10k.

At this stage I'm thinking ~ $700 on 4-way multi SG, Roosters, Storm (NRL), Chiefs (Super Rugby) - probably won't pay much though as haven't seen the odds yet.

Betting on a Roosters team that has looked lost against a Knights team that gave looked nowhere near as bad as their ladder position suggests. You've got balls.
    SoylentGreen
    SoylentGreen

Post by SoylentGreen Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:38 am

Yesterday on the ABC grandstand coverage of the Roosters Dragons match, they were talking about what happens when Pearce returns. Matt Elliot was saying he'd be dropping Hastings to NYC and playing Matterson with Pearce, or at least running with Matterson on the bench if Hastings stayed. Matterson had a good game, but surely dropping Hastings for him is a bit extreme?
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:45 am

roosters would have won that game if hastings decision making wasn't so inept. its been a problem all season for them. shouldn't be too harsh on the guy as he's still only young and alot has been expected of him, but a break might do him some good.

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 5:04 pm