NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 31 - Signs of the Apocalypse - B/L being right about something

Aardvark
    Aardvark

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 31 - Signs of the Apocalypse - B/L being right about something - Page 50 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 31 - Signs of the Apocalypse - B/L being right about something

Post by Aardvark Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:37 am

FaringdonSwirl wrote:809 and looks like I'm getting the chocolates in L5 and bringing Aardvark a much needed 20 points.

Will probably be trading Gutho/Hutch this week, and maybe Talagi depending on TLT.

Will need some cheapies. 

I need all the help I can get 🤘

I think my coaching skills are more suited to U12s soccer than the cutthroat world of fantasy fantasy…..
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 31 - Signs of the Apocalypse - B/L being right about something - Page 50 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 31 - Signs of the Apocalypse - B/L being right about something

Post by rhinoceroo Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:46 am

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:
    Yeah I would 100% go there if I knew they were going to move Latrell to centre and keep Jye at the back. 

I’m having trouble believing it, they absolutely lose both of those games against the Storm/Panthers and then Latrells back for the shake up

Depends what their new coach wants to do after those drubbings.
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:52 am

Rabbits21 wrote:
    I’d wanna see a bit more from Brailey he downdated from 46 to 42 in 80mins and he might come off 70mins in some weeks. Not an urgent trade

If you buy after you see a bit more, it’s too late. The chance to join the JAYDEN GANG and RISE UP is now
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:56 am

I'm gonna avoid Jye for now. More tempted by Weekes as a cashout tbh. Dickhead dropped Cook, so moving Latrell isn't out of the question, but Souths cheapies have been burning people for awhile.

Starting to feel like most guys I trade in will be staying for the year after burning through so many trades and not slowing down this week.
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:13 am

Having a big old think about trade strategy from here based on the conversations on the last few pages.

Obviously someone like FOG needs to go but I think if you have been max trading for most weeks, like I have, then a trade like a Lussick/Cheese to a Brailey is pretty sideways (to use some examples from my team).

I think everyone is probably in the same spot where sideways trades are not going to move the needle that much, other than to burn through your dwindling cache of trades faster.

If you are trading a midranger out it has to be for someone at a lower price (with the elusive js and money making potential) which allows you to upgrade another midranger, i.e. fantasy 101.

Both Cheese and Lussick average around the same as Brailey over the last few weeks and nothing I have seen indicates to me that is going to change....I could of course be wrong.

if you are going sideways to a fallen gun with the potential to stay in your team for the rest of your season then hooray...otherwise you're setting yourself up for another trade having made maybe $50k and averaged maybe 5 points more at best.

I think a couple of weeks of only clearing red dots & planning for byes with those trades is probably the best strategy for me from here.
    Snatchpato
    Snatchpato

Post by Snatchpato Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:17 am

Forgot Weekes might come in for Fog.

Adding another Raider isn't ideal for me though, Round 14 is looking dire. Will mean I have to skip the Dolphins players until round 15.

Perhaps I'll have to milk Strange or Kris by then, will see what Strange's scoring is like with Weekes as his partner.
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:25 am

Aardvark wrote:Having a big old think about trade strategy from here based on the conversations on the last few pages.

Obviously someone like FOG needs to go but I think if you have been max trading for most weeks, like I have, then a trade like a Lussick/Cheese to a Brailey is pretty sideways (to use some examples from my team).

I think everyone is probably in the same spot where sideways trades are not going to move the needle that much, other than to burn through your dwindling cache of trades faster.

If you are trading a midranger out it has to be for someone at a lower price (with the elusive js and money making potential) which allows you to upgrade another midranger, i.e. fantasy 101.

Both Cheese and Lussick average around the same as Brailey over the last few weeks and nothing I have seen indicates to me that is going to change....I could of course be wrong.

if you are going sideways to a fallen gun with the potential to stay in your team for the rest of your season then hooray...otherwise you're setting yourself up for another trade having made maybe $50k and averaged maybe 5 points more at best.

I think a couple of weeks of only clearing red dots & planning for byes with those trades is probably the best strategy for me from here.

Clearing red dots is an excellent strategy, almost every week we are dealing with injuries and players on bye rounds. I've been working on getting a solid 17 and a playable EMG bench to help maintain momentum and to not being forced to trade or being forced to play a dud for cover
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:27 am

Managed 807 which took me up from 29K to just inside 21K. Happy with the rise but the Hunt to Ponga trade puts a dampener on it. I still stand by the trade even though it spectacularly backfired. It was a risk anyway but now I have Ponga, 3 Dogs, Talagi, Stewart and Lussick.

So, I really only wanted to use 2 trades but now my hand is probably forced. If I can get away with just Ponga and Hutch to whoever, I may roll out Stewart for a run. There's no one really I'm keen on trading in, maybe grab Waddell while he's still cheap and then straight swap Ponga to whoever. Just gotta hope Hands stays away from the bench.
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:28 am

Snatchpato wrote:Forgot Weekes might come in for Fog.

Adding another Raider isn't ideal for me though, Round 14 is looking dire. Will mean I have to skip the Dolphins players until round 15.

Perhaps I'll have to milk Strange or Kris by then, will see what Strange's scoring is like with Weekes as his partner.

Yeah I dropped Kris last week for that reason, too many Raiders. But with Fog gone this week I can pick up Weekes without having too many
    L-Jimmy
    L-Jimmy

Post by L-Jimmy Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:28 am

I only caught the last half of Sharks-Cowboys, but Finefeuiaki looked a likely sort. Bent the line, tackled well, ran a sharpish looking line with energy.

There'll be a clean out after that loss (Townsend, Tolo, McLean, Gosie would go if I could vote), but FineFucker could be a long-term hold.

Shame he's not a mid.
    Finch
    Finch

Post by Finch Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:31 am

L-Jimmy wrote:I only caught the last half of Sharks-Cowboys, but Finefeuiaki looked a likely sort. Bent the line, tackled well, ran a sharpish looking line with energy.

There'll be a clean out after that loss (Townsend, Tolo, McLean, Gosie would go if I could vote), but FineFucker could be a long-term hold.

Shame he's not a mid.

Plays Round 13 as well

Luki is back soon however, perhaps a few weeks from memory? So will be interesting to see what happens there. Nanai will be away for Origin no doubt..

From what Finefuiaki, he seems to be the decoy 99.9% of the time which is annoying.
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:31 am

Snatchpato wrote:Forgot Weekes might come in for Fog.

I think Strange will be Fog, but with attacking stats. Probably average around 75 and join Cleary and Hynes as captaincy options. Weekes will become Strange and average 30-35.

But seriously, I'm down to Smithies, Strange, May and Angus for Rd 14. Good chance at least one won't survive until then, but will be hard not to grab Teddy if he drops below 600k. Not really targeting any Dolphins. Plath could be alright though.

Thought about cashing out Guth to Weekes this week and playing him Vomit But only if Guth misses this week. Could just grab a decent WFB instead though and see how Weekes goes the next couple until the Raiders bye.
    L-Jimmy
    L-Jimmy

Post by L-Jimmy Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:35 am

Finch wrote:

Plays Round 13 as well

Luki is back soon however, perhaps a few weeks from memory? So will be interesting to see what happens there. Nanai will be away for Origin no doubt..

From what Finefuiaki, he seems to be the decoy 99.9% of the time which is annoying.

Good point about Luki - I had mentally pencilled him into the mid rotation which would be a waste. Will be interesting to see what happens.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:38 am

Doing things because they are more ‘fun’ doesn’t always work.

Put Chevy into the 17 over Hughes this week. 10 points isn’t fun 🤣
    The Pascoe Fiasco
    The Pascoe Fiasco

Post by The Pascoe Fiasco Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:46 am

What a disaster! Shit score and Ponga and Fogarty gone for lengthy periods! So much for no trades this week!
    Wiremu Trades Gone?
    Wiremu Trades Gone?

Post by Wiremu Trades Gone? Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:50 am

L-Jimmy wrote:I only caught the last half of Sharks-Cowboys, but Finefeuiaki looked a likely sort. Bent the line, tackled well, ran a sharpish looking line with energy.

Shame he's not a mid.

I actually thought McLean has been playing well this year.

Surprised Granville wasn’t on your list. Offers absolutely nothing off the bench
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:52 am

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:Doing things because they are more ‘fun’ doesn’t always work.

Put Chevy into the 17 over Hughes this week. 10 points isn’t fun 🤣

Ouch!
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:53 am

"Picking a fight" P51 party coming up
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:55 am

Can't believe Curran didn't get the TO for the last tackle of the game Evil or Very Mad

time to send an email
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:57 am

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 1:55 am