NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 23 - End the season now, Tigers are in the 8

Honeysett
    Honeysett

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 23 - End the season now, Tigers are in the 8 - Page 6 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 23 - End the season now, Tigers are in the 8

Post by Honeysett Mon Apr 01, 2024 10:21 am

Everybody is a bit grumpy tonight, was it because there was too much talking during the party?
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 23 - End the season now, Tigers are in the 8 - Page 6 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 23 - End the season now, Tigers are in the 8

Post by Revraiser Mon Apr 01, 2024 10:24 am

Not one cunt has said 'what a win by the Sharks, what a comeback'... 18 effing Zip it was u miserly bastards !
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Mon Apr 01, 2024 10:25 am

Revraiser wrote:Not one cunt has said 'what a win by the Sharks, what a comeback'... 18 effing Zip it was u miserly bastards !

Titans and Raiders really know how to give up a sizeable lead.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Mon Apr 01, 2024 10:27 am

mattnz wrote:

Titans and Raiders really know how to give up a sizeable lead.

I'll have to take this. Acknowledgement.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Mon Apr 01, 2024 10:30 am

712 takes me up from 41K to 34K.  A rise is a rise I guess.

Team is shite though.  Might sell Cleary this week.  Get Fog and another gun for Lussick. Might as well throw it all at the wall.
    Dananz
    Dananz

Post by Dananz Mon Apr 01, 2024 10:33 am

My 'big at the back' team crashed back to earth this round with a thud and almost 690 points. Budget forwards scoring budget points.

But I still had fun cheering on Cobbo and RTS.

And it was fun trading out Cleary and Moses for Nicho and Fog!

At some point I will stop pretending TMay doesn't exist.

Fun!
    Ando
    Ando

Post by Ando Mon Apr 01, 2024 10:35 am

Boozecluez wrote:

Go and look at the FOG rankings and look at the names
    The same ones that are always there, with different teams, strategies similar players/problems and varying starts to the year but have come back to the top.
    Ask them how they do it, see who/why/when they traded? Can see that easily here https://www.footystatistics.com/team_analyser.php

So its either a heap of people are lucky or they are good
    Isnt that condescending to say that the only reason they do well is 'Luck' ?
    The other thing they share is they aren't constantly whinging or blaming others for their own team
    Be responsible for your own decisions, own them and perhaps you too might join them

Or go join the hidden discord if you are lucky enough to find it

Fantasy is like poker, a skill based game with an element of luck.
    Ando
    Ando

Post by Ando Mon Apr 01, 2024 10:39 am

Fingers crossed after the loss Parra go back to a Hand-less bench so we can hold Lussick a little bit longer. 40’s isn’t too much to ask at least until Cook’s bye is covered. 

Think Brbo is a definite trade now he’s nowhere near 80 minutes.
    syn13
    syn13

Post by syn13 Mon Apr 01, 2024 10:50 am

Boozecluez wrote:

So its either a heap of people are lucky or they are good
    Isnt that condescending to say that the only reason they do well is 'Luck' ?
    The other thing they share is they aren't constantly whinging or blaming others for their own team
    Be responsible for your own decisions, own them and perhaps you too might join them

Or go join the hidden discord if you are lucky enough to find it

What? At no point have I said that people that do well in this game are just lucky, what I did say that is that, if you aren’t lying, you have repeatedly stated and insinuated that you don’t go in-depth with stats, that your trades and team management are just based on gut-feel and fun trades, at which point then yeh, luck becomes much more of a factor than it does for those who pour over stats to make the assumed smart choices

This is ignoring that you weren’t making the point you think you were making to start with, it is currently round 4, so you have had the opportunity to use 6 trades, which means that if you have used all of those trades and exclusively traded out players you started with, your team is at minimum just under 3/4 of your starting team now, it seems highly unlikely that you could be scoring enough points with 6 good players and 15 shit players to go from 70000 to 700 in 3 weeks, which tells me that while it may have been a bad round 1 team, it was not a bad starting team, it just took a week to get going.
    The Pascoe Fiasco
    The Pascoe Fiasco

Post by The Pascoe Fiasco Mon Apr 01, 2024 10:52 am

Honeysett wrote:Everybody is a bit grumpy tonight, was it because there was too much talking during the party?
    Only Rabbits could make me grumpy tonight. Tigers 2 in a row! Top 8! More importantly we beat Parra and I was actually there!
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Mon Apr 01, 2024 10:58 am

Well that game was a bit sad. That's the Eels, I guess, though.

Tried to skim through a bit, but didn't read all the previous pages so not sure if stuff might have been raised. Big issue, I thought, with the Eels tonight seemed to be that they didn't have a designated kicker. Hold on a sec, just a quick filter - Brown (222m), Gutho (116m), Lussick (52m) and Talagi (31m). Two things about that is it's not a lot of KM overall, and although Brown is the dominant kicker, it's not by much. Just looking at Tigers, Sezer kicked more than Brown and Gutho combined and Api had his fair share too. So maybe the split not too concerning. I dunno, just seemed that a lot of Eels sets seemed to "fizzle" quite meekly, several times without the ball finding a boot. Moses is a big out, but very particularly for his kicking game.

Anyway, enough Eels sadness.

I'm going to be rolling out Hutch/Strange in my halves this week too, which is already something I'm dying to try out. Thank goodness I went for Talagi this week or I'd need a HLF or CTR, which wouldn't have been a bad thing, actually, as it may have forced my hand to pick up Fogarty. Or Brown.

Sorry I didn't get to reply to your reply @Rabbits21 in the last thread, but if you remember it... actually, hold on, I'll try to find it...

Great wrap up mate but no Seb Kris wow!

I’m wondering now if it’s too late to get Fog he will be at like 730-735k wondering if Dylbags is a better option.

Ricky will defs make changes. I’m wondering if he’s gonna move Kris to FB. Schiller and Savage will be dropped I reckon he was seething at the presser.

Yeah mate, no Kris for me. I do understand the DPP appeal, and maybe if he was under 300K I could be swayed, but he's personally not my cup of tea when it comes to Fantasy. Not someone I'd consider. I prefer my spuds with different names but similar output.

Dylbags definitely an option and I may still go that way. Just love Fogarty's reliability. If I brought him in it'd be as a keeper and 735K doesn't seem bad at all for someone that looks so solid. I like solid.

In light of the Galvin news and probably a lot of people needing Strange in their halves, wouldn't it be a hoot if Ricky named Weekes this week and dropped Strange? Sure, he was one of their best players last night, but Ricky Stuart, is Ricky Stuart.

Anyway, quick glance at today's scorecard;

Hopgod - sweet christ, what a score. Wish that was in my team.

Gutho - only have two fullbacks at the moment for this week and Tuaupiki; could he become Gutho? I don't hate it. At his price, probably edges out other options at the minute.

Brown - also incredibly tempting. I have owned him a few times in Fantasy and it seems the time is right again. Plus I do love having Eels in my Fantasy team. Only problem is if I went with these two, that's no KPP again. Or Fog. Going to need to do some pie = MC squared type equations to figure out which to prioritise. Or, because I'm a numbat, I'll have to hope dumb luck is on my side.

Lane - finally! I guess he did have a good game in him this year. I wonder if any one that owned him had jumped off by now anyway.

Uto - 53 in 53 mins. He's on some lips and I understand why. Probably too risky for me at that price, though.

Galvin - thankfully only one Shark and one Panther (Cleary, for now), in my team, so hoping I can avoid too much carnage with this. lol, shit, just realise that if I hold Cleary and Piakura, plus Hynes and Galvin, best case scenario is I'm playing Hughes and Levi again this week (and Salmon and Strange and Lussick and Smithies and Sitili and Burbo and Chan - can't trade them all out!)... worst case, there's other outs and I'm playing less than 17 again. These are tough times.

Olam - thought he'd be on more (43) with the two tries but I still don't dislike him as an option this year.

Fainu - great PPM. Looks like he might have been a pretty decent pick up a couple of weeks ago.

Koro - popular pick this week. Punted Levi for him in SC and VSDT... thankfully not here. I guess this is where I see him at most weeks, but still, 100% better than Lussuck. Man I'm crafty.

Sezer - shit, didn't I see he finished on 44 in one of my H2H exchanges? Solid drop (37), as seems to be the trend. For his price, I don't absolutely hate him as an option, especially over the next couple of weeks. But how on earth anyone would find a place for him with all the other options is impossible to imagine.

Seyfarth - I remember that time I traded him in, he had a shit week, and I traded him out the week after and now he's had two extremely solid weeks since. I never, ever do shit like that and I'd love to hear myself explain to myself why I had to do it in this case. Now I just watch this absolute goldmine from the sidelines. lol, but still pretty seriously cut.

Sivo - if I'm not mistaken I brought him into my Draft squad this week for someone injured. Okay, I guess.

Talagi - I like the update (30 to 34) - just looks nicer. Actually thought he was due a few more after I watched the game too. I really hope he holds his spot. I actually thought he looked pretty decent apart from that pathetic tickle he gave Galvin on the way through for his line break try assist business. But otherwise he was solid without being amazing. An Eel at his price, with his BE, there was no way I was going to pass on him, so I'm happy enough I went early. Just pray he keeps his spot because this smile could easily turn into a busted lip and broken teeth at 4pm tomorrow.

Matto - oh dear, shit. What's up with that score? 32 in 53min? That's not like him. Guess it allows for price drops, though how could he ever be a serious Fantasy option at the moment, under Brad Arthur?

Tuilagi - had him quietly pencilled in my watch list, though I don't know how long Cartwright is out for. But nothing to see here, I don't believe.

Bula and Penis - very underwhelming from these two chaps (especially Bula with a try). Penis looked to be in a few holes here and there in the first half, but I can't really remember seeing him in the second half.

Lussick - THANK CHRIST, I don't have any other issues in my team, or this would really puncture my tires. Except I do. There's a tonne of them, and Lussick being an absolute spud is not an issue I needed to add to the pile. Do hookers even score 22 points in 60mins? Is that actually possible? The worst thing about this, says Captain Hindsight, is that I only brought him in a couple of weeks ago so I wouldn't need to play Levi when Grant was out. Playing 15 this week meant that was void, add to that Levi scored more than double his score. And now that I think of it, it was Seyfarth I'd have traded out for Lussick. Face, balls, ribs, stomach, wrist, kidney, eyeball and jaw - the hits keep coming.

And that about wraps it. Sorry, that was a lot. Much more than expected.

I am glad that TLT is tomorrow so that I don't need to dwell too long about how dire things are, and I can start trying to figure out a way to at least make my team a little but more unshit.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Mon Apr 01, 2024 10:59 am

The Pascoe Fiasco wrote:
    Only Rabbits could make me grumpy tonight. Tigers 2 in a row! Top 8! More importantly we beat Parra and I was actually there!

Good on u Pasco, deserved success for the Tigers fans. 🐅
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Mon Apr 01, 2024 11:00 am

Teeth Eater wrote:Well that game was a bit sad. That's the Eels, I guess, though.

Tried to skim through a bit, but didn't read all the previous pages so not sure if stuff might have been raised. Big issue, I thought, with the Eels tonight seemed to be that they didn't have a designated kicker. Hold on a sec, just a quick filter - Brown (222m), Gutho (116m), Lussick (52m) and Talagi (31m). Two things about that is it's not a lot of KM overall, and although Brown is the dominant kicker, it's not by much. Just looking at Tigers, Sezer kicked more than Brown and Gutho combined and Api had his fair share too. So maybe the split not too concerning. I dunno, just seemed that a lot of Eels sets seemed to "fizzle" quite meekly, several times without the ball finding a boot. Moses is a big out, but very particularly for his kicking game.

I'm going to be rolling out Hutch/Strange in my halves this week too, which is already something I'm dying to try out. Thank goodness I went for Talagi this week or I'd need a HLF or CTR, which wouldn't have been a bad thing, actually, as it may have forced my hand to pick up Fogarty. Or Brown.

Sorry I didn't get to reply to your reply @Rabbits21 in the last thread, but if you remember it... actually, hold on, I'll try to find it...

I’m wondering now if it’s too late to get Fog he will be at like 730-735k wondering if Dylbags is a better option.

Ricky will defs make changes. I’m wondering if he’s gonna move Kris to FB. Schiller and Savage will be dropped I reckon he was seething at the presser.

Yeah mate, no Kris for me. I do understand the DPP appeal, and maybe if he was under 300K I could be swayed, but he's personally not my cup of tea when it comes to Fantasy. Not someone I'd consider. I prefer my spuds with different names but similar output.

Dylbags definitely an option and I may still go that way. Just love Fogarty's reliability. If I brought him in it'd be as a keeper and 735K doesn't seem bad at all for someone that looks so solid. I like solid.

In light of the Galvin news and probably a lot of people needing Strange in their halves, wouldn't it be a hoot if Ricky named Weekes this week and dropped Strange? Sure, he was one of their best players last night, but Ricky Stuart, is Ricky Stuart.

Gutho - only have two fullbacks at the moment for this week and Tuaupiki; could he become Gutho? I don't hate it. At his price, probably edges out other options at the minute.

Brown - also incredibly tempting. I have owned him a few times in Fantasy and it seems the time is right again. Plus I do love having Eels in my Fantasy team. Only problem is if I went with these two, that's no KPP again. Or Fog. Going to need to do some pie = MC squared type equations to figure out which to prioritise. Or, because I'm a numbat, I'll have to hope dumb luck is on my side.

Lane - finally! I guess he did have a good game in him this year. I wonder if any one that owned him had jumped off by now anyway.

Uto - 53 in 53 mins. He's on some lips and I understand why. Probably too risky for me at that price, though.

Galvin - thankfully only one Shark and one Panther (Cleary, for now), in my team, so hoping I can avoid too much carnage with this. lol, shit, just realise that if I hold Cleary and Piakura, plus Hynes and Galvin, best case scenario is I'm playing Hughes and Levi again this week (and Salmon and Strange and Lussick and Smithies and Sitili and Burbo and Chan - can't trade them all out!)... worst case, there's other outs and I'm playing less than 17 again. These are tough times.  

Olam - thought he'd be on more (43) with the two tries but I still don't dislike him as an option this year.

Fainu - great PPM. Looks like he might have been a pretty decent pick up a couple of weeks ago.

Koro - popular pick this week. Punted Levi for him in SC and VSDT... thankfully not here. I guess this is where I see him at most weeks, but still, 100% better than Lussuck. Man I'm crafty.

Sezer - shit, didn't I see he finished on 44 in one of my H2H exchanges? Solid drop (37), as seems to be the trend. For his price, I don't absolutely hate him as an option, especially over the next couple of weeks. But how on earth anyone would find a place for him with all the other options is impossible to imagine.

Seyfarth - I remember that time I traded him in, he had a shit week, and I traded him out the week after and now he's had two extremely solid weeks since. I never, ever do shit like that and I'd love to hear myself explain to myself why I had to do it in this case. Now I just watch this absolute goldmine from the sidelines. lol, but still pretty seriously cut.

Sivo - if I'm not mistaken I brought him into my Draft squad this week for someone injured. Okay, I guess.

Talagi - I like the update (30 to 34) - just looks nicer. Actually thought he was due a few more after I watched the game too. I really hope he holds his spot. I actually thought he looked pretty decent apart from that pathetic tickle he gave Galvin on the way through for his line break try assist business. But otherwise he was solid without being amazing. An Eel at his price, with his BE, there was no way I was going to pass on him, so I'm happy enough I went early. Just pray he keeps his spot because this smile could easily turn into a busted lip and broken teeth at 4pm tomorrow.  

Matto - oh dear, shit. What's up with that score? 32 in 53min? That's not like him. Guess it allows for price drops, though how could he ever be a serious Fantasy option at the moment, under Brad Arthur?

Tuilagi - had him quietly pencilled in my watch list, though I don't know how long Cartwright is out for. But nothing to see here, I don't believe.

Bula and Penis - very underwhelming from these two chaps (especially Bula with a try). Penis looked to be in a few holes here and there in the first half, but I can't really remember seeing him in the second half.

Lussick - THANK CHRIST, I don't have any other issues in my team, or this would really puncture my tires. Except I do. There's a tonne of them, and Lussick being an absolute spud is not an issue I needed to add to the pile. Do hookers even score 22 points in 60mins? Is that actually possible? The worst thing about this, says Captain Hindsight, is that I only brought him in a couple of weeks ago so I wouldn't need to play Levi when Grant was out. Playing 15 this week meant that was void, add to that Levi scored more than double his score. And now that I think of it, it was Seyfarth I'd have traded out for Lussick. Face, balls, ribs, stomach, wrist, kidney, eyeball and jaw - the hits keep coming.

I am glad that TLT is tomorrow so that I don't need to dwell too long about how dire things are, and I can start trying to figure out a way to at least make my team a little but more unshit.

Wow, no TLDR ??
    Loomer
    Loomer
    Fanatic

Post by Loomer Mon Apr 01, 2024 11:03 am

Teeth Eater wrote:Well that game was a bit sad. That's the Eels, I guess, though.

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 23 - End the season now, Tigers are in the 8 - Page 6 Downlo10
    Ando
    Ando

Post by Ando Mon Apr 01, 2024 11:08 am

I enjoy these write ups, please keep them coming.
    King Assassin
    King Assassin

Post by King Assassin Mon Apr 01, 2024 11:12 am

Tigs wrote:Wests Tigers teenage sensation Lachlan Galvin is facing at least a two-match ban for his hip drop on Parramatta's Kelma Tuilagi in Monday afternoon's blockbuster at Commbank Stadium.

The match review committee reviewed the incident on Monday night and slapped the 18-year-old with grade three dangerous contact, the same charge handed to Dolphins’ utility Max Plath over a hip drop on Sunday afternoon

Looks like strange is getting promoted from centre to half in my team next week. Plan on bringing in Hynes for round 6, so might have to cop a low score from strange for a week.
    The Pascoe Fiasco
    The Pascoe Fiasco

Post by The Pascoe Fiasco Mon Apr 01, 2024 11:16 am

Revraiser wrote:

Good on u Pasco, deserved success for the Tigers fans. 🐅
    You can not imagine how devastating it was when we gave away that penalty from the kick off after we kicked the field goal. Flashbacks to the Cowboys game two years ago. I don’t think I’ll ever get over that game!
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Mon Apr 01, 2024 11:20 am

Loomer wrote:

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 23 - End the season now, Tigers are in the 8 - Page 6 Downlo10

Haha, yeah, I don't expect or require anyone to read my ramblings. Just think I may as well pen my thoughts at the close of an evening when I finally catch up. No obligation at all to read.

Ando wrote:

I enjoy these write ups, please keep them coming.

Thanks mate. I don't always feel inclined, but sometimes I think why not. Tonight was one of those. As above, don't expect or care much if anyone reads, but if someone enjoys, why not? Wink
    OB
    OB

Post by OB Mon Apr 01, 2024 11:21 am

At this point in time I'm thinking of only using the 1 trade this week. Burbo -> Gutho or Dylbags. May change my mind if Hands is named on the bench again and flick Lussick, but I don't want to overreact to a poor score. Likewise with a bunch of my players; Kris, Kiraz, Salmon.

Rapana, Hutch, Tatola, Strange not even in consideration at this point and curious to see if Hughes starts and if that means more minutes. Want to save my trades and make sure I kill it over origin with a full squad each week.

Teddy is a swings and roundabouts kind of score. FogGOD killing it. Happy with my May and KPP trade-in. Galvin unfortunate, but not the end of the world. McWINnes. Robson a down week, but no problem - hoping that this is his floor. Holding Piakura for his return. Will be watching TLT for Chan's selection and looking forward to Pappy back in the side.

If I can stick to the one trade it will only be my 5th used, so fingers crossed.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Mon Apr 01, 2024 11:23 am

The Pascoe Fiasco wrote:
    You can not imagine how devastating it was when we gave away that penalty from the kick off after we kicked the field goal. Flashbacks to the Cowboys game two years ago. I don’t think I’ll ever get over that game!

I know it means nada, but to me it genuinely had that feel of this kick isn't going over. Man down for ten, against the team most were warming to, and backed up last week's solid win, all - UP !

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 11:02 am