NRL Fantasy Fanatics



Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

    NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 20 - The Gang All Get Injured

    L-Jimmy
    L-Jimmy

    Posts : 2467
    Reputation : 3095
    Join date : 2018-01-16
    Age : 41
    Location : Dili, East Timor.

    NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 20 - The Gang All Get Injured  - Page 50 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 20 - The Gang All Get Injured

    Post by L-Jimmy Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:27 pm

    Piakura to Blaize feels like a luxury trade.

    I don't need the positional coverage, cash gen is ok, and if Piakura can stay healthy he'll make close to 200 from where he is.

    Hmmmm

    Maybe shoes to Blaize is better.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy
    Moderator

    Posts : 21945
    Reputation : 13324
    Join date : 2016-01-26
    Location : Mulvania

    NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 20 - The Gang All Get Injured  - Page 50 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 20 - The Gang All Get Injured

    Post by Mulvy Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:28 pm

    Boozecluez wrote:

    Not guilty?

    Nah, the kent did it alright.
    mrbrownstone
    mrbrownstone

    Posts : 5149
    Reputation : 2359
    Join date : 2019-09-13

    NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 20 - The Gang All Get Injured  - Page 50 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 20 - The Gang All Get Injured

    Post by mrbrownstone Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:31 pm

    Reklaw wrote:

    I quite like Campbell, even unseen. But im more concerned they lost Tino and their forward pack looks terrible, maybe less so when Fifita is back

    I don't get this argument tbh, Titans have always been shit and it's never stopped him scoring well.

    2022 they were shit, finished 13th with 6 wins, Campbell still averaged 44 at FB.

    2023 they were shit, finished 14th witn 9 wins, Campbell still averaged 44 at FB.

    With vs without Tino his average is basically identical. With vs without MoFo his average is identical. With vs without DiFi it rises from 42 to 54 (5 game sample). So whether or not he's playing with their best 3 forwards doesn't seem to make much difference.

    If anything, Boyd seems to be the one who has the biggest impact on his scoring (39 without vs 46 with).

    We'd have pretty much all started the season with him if available, and the Titans were shit then too, so I don't really see what's changed.

    Then again, I'm buying him because I need a WFB, so maybe this is all pure cope.
    mrbrownstone
    mrbrownstone

    Posts : 5149
    Reputation : 2359
    Join date : 2019-09-13

    NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 20 - The Gang All Get Injured  - Page 50 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 20 - The Gang All Get Injured

    Post by mrbrownstone Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:32 pm

    Those looking at KPP, are you expecting 80 mins, or is Jones a risk of spelling him?

    Looks like the past 2 games they're transitioning Frizell away from being the 80 min edge, but I'm not sure if those were injury effected?
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

    Posts : 26635
    Reputation : 18840
    Join date : 2016-01-08

    NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 20 - The Gang All Get Injured  - Page 50 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 20 - The Gang All Get Injured

    Post by my tv broke Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:34 pm

    mrbrownstone wrote:Those looking at KPP, are you expecting 80 mins, or is Jones a risk of spelling him?

    Looks like the past 2 games they're transitioning Frizell away from being the 80 min edge, but I'm not sure if those were injury effected?

    I think if anyone was going to affect KPP it was going to be Lucas (when everyone fit, though that didnt seem to be a problem last week, or initial TLT this week).

    Jones played lock last week in cup (i havent looked at anything beyond that) so maybe they just wanted someone better suited to playing through the middle off the bench.

    As it stands, I'm going to hold off KPP this week as i'll probably just get Carrigan instead, but he's a strong buy imo.
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

    Posts : 16273
    Reputation : 11085
    Join date : 2016-02-02
    Location : Top of the FOG

    NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 20 - The Gang All Get Injured  - Page 50 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 20 - The Gang All Get Injured

    Post by Chewie Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:39 pm

    Trading JC in is a good trade, nothing much has changed. Titans are struggling, but with Fifita and Campbell back they should improve. I don't think JC is an urgent trade in, but if you need a WFB this week he's one of the better options
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

    Posts : 16273
    Reputation : 11085
    Join date : 2016-02-02
    Location : Top of the FOG

    NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 20 - The Gang All Get Injured  - Page 50 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 20 - The Gang All Get Injured

    Post by Chewie Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:43 pm

    my tv broke wrote:

    I think if anyone was going to affect KPP it was going to be Lucas (when everyone fit, though that didnt seem to be a problem last week, or initial TLT this week).

    Jones played lock last week in cup (i havent looked at anything beyond that) so maybe they just wanted someone better suited to playing through the middle off the bench.

    As it stands, I'm going to hold off KPP this week as i'll probably just get Carrigan instead, but he's a strong buy imo.

    Why not get both KPP and Carrigan this week? Smile
    Milchcow
    Milchcow
    Moderator

    Posts : 24306
    Reputation : 16765
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 20 - The Gang All Get Injured  - Page 50 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 20 - The Gang All Get Injured

    Post by Milchcow Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:44 pm

    This is Barry Toohey on KPP


    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

    Posts : 26635
    Reputation : 18840
    Join date : 2016-01-08

    NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 20 - The Gang All Get Injured  - Page 50 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 20 - The Gang All Get Injured

    Post by my tv broke Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:44 pm

    Chewie wrote:

    Why not get both KPP and Carrigan this week? Smile

    Need to get that Galvin guy.. lol
    Milchcow
    Milchcow
    Moderator

    Posts : 24306
    Reputation : 16765
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 20 - The Gang All Get Injured  - Page 50 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 20 - The Gang All Get Injured

    Post by Milchcow Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:45 pm

    embed not working, so here is a picture

    NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 20 - The Gang All Get Injured  - Page 50 Kpp_mi10
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

    Posts : 16273
    Reputation : 11085
    Join date : 2016-02-02
    Location : Top of the FOG

    NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 20 - The Gang All Get Injured  - Page 50 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 20 - The Gang All Get Injured

    Post by Chewie Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:47 pm

    my tv broke wrote:

    Need to get that Galvin guy.. lol

    Fair call
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

    Posts : 16273
    Reputation : 11085
    Join date : 2016-02-02
    Location : Top of the FOG

    NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 20 - The Gang All Get Injured  - Page 50 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 20 - The Gang All Get Injured

    Post by Chewie Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:48 pm

    I'm heading out shortly so will probably miss the party
    I'll leave you with this:

    Spoiler:
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

    Posts : 12699
    Reputation : 5484
    Join date : 2019-07-24

    NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 20 - The Gang All Get Injured  - Page 50 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 20 - The Gang All Get Injured

    Post by Rabbits21 Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:49 pm

    A mate just messaged using footy stats to plan this week trades and next weeks I never knew that existed (shit I am with technology) what button do I hit how does that function work?
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

    Posts : 32816
    Reputation : 13149
    Join date : 2016-04-26
    Age : 39
    Location : Brisbane

    NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 20 - The Gang All Get Injured  - Page 50 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 20 - The Gang All Get Injured

    Post by wolfking Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:49 pm

    my tv broke wrote:

    Need to get that Galvin guy.. lol

    I toyed with the idea of not getting him and going 2 of Rick, KPP and Turbo instead but then I told myself that's probably fantasy suicide.
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

    Posts : 11629
    Reputation : 8161
    Join date : 2019-07-08
    Location : Sydney

    NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 20 - The Gang All Get Injured  - Page 50 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 20 - The Gang All Get Injured

    Post by robelgordo Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:52 pm

    mrbrownstone wrote:

    I don't get this argument tbh, Titans have always been shit and it's never stopped him scoring well.

    2022 they were shit, finished 13th with 6 wins, Campbell still averaged 44 at FB.

    2023 they were shit, finished 14th witn 9 wins, Campbell still averaged 44 at FB.

    With vs without Tino his average is basically identical. With vs without MoFo his average is identical. With vs without DiFi it rises from 42 to 54 (5 game sample). So whether or not he's playing with their best 3 forwards doesn't seem to make much difference.

    If anything, Boyd seems to be the one who has the biggest impact on his scoring (39 without vs 46 with).

    We'd have pretty much all started the season with him if available, and the Titans were shit then too, so I don't really see what's changed.

    Then again, I'm buying him because I need a WFB, so maybe this is all pure cope.

    People get way too invested in good teams and bad teams in relation to Fantasy. Fantasy points don't care about what teams players play for.

    There are good players in good teams that score poorly in fantasy. There are bad players in bad teams that score well. There are even sometimes good players that move from a bad team to a good team and it makes their scoring worse, and vice versa

    Campbell is definitely a bad* player in a bad team that will score well.

    *potential to be good
    Shady2K
    Shady2K

    Posts : 5867
    Reputation : 3221
    Join date : 2020-03-12

    NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 20 - The Gang All Get Injured  - Page 50 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 20 - The Gang All Get Injured

    Post by Shady2K Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:52 pm

    wolfking wrote:

    I toyed with the idea of not getting him and going 2 of Rick, KPP and Turbo instead but then I told myself that's probably fantasy suicide.

    I’m keen on Rick for next week. Or any gun MID

    Going back to Fog and KPP for this week for BE purposes
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

    Posts : 6384
    Reputation : 6588
    Join date : 2018-03-01
    Location : Parents basement eating Cheetos

    NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 20 - The Gang All Get Injured  - Page 50 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 20 - The Gang All Get Injured

    Post by Aardvark Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:53 pm

    wolfking wrote:

    I toyed with the idea of not getting him and going 2 of Rick, KPP and Turbo instead but then I told myself that's probably fantasy suicide.

    I toyed with the idea of not getting him and getting a WFB to cover that hole in my squad but I'm playing with 16 regardless so he comes in.......probably punches out a small nugget in the bed
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

    Posts : 18613
    Reputation : 6595
    Join date : 2018-03-11

    NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 20 - The Gang All Get Injured  - Page 50 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 20 - The Gang All Get Injured

    Post by mattnz Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:55 pm

    Milchcow wrote:embed not working, so here is a picture

    NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 20 - The Gang All Get Injured  - Page 50 Kpp_mi10

    Not targeted at you, but amuses me how some will listen to what Toohey has to say about players, but not listen to a word the coach says about them.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

    Posts : 32816
    Reputation : 13149
    Join date : 2016-04-26
    Age : 39
    Location : Brisbane

    NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 20 - The Gang All Get Injured  - Page 50 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 20 - The Gang All Get Injured

    Post by wolfking Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:55 pm

    Aardvark wrote:

    I toyed with the idea of not getting him and getting a WFB to cover that hole in my squad but I'm playing with 16 regardless so he comes in.......probably punches out a small nugget in the bed

    I was waiting to see if he did a Cini and had second week syndrome. That backfired so yeah, it's probably coming this week.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

    Posts : 32816
    Reputation : 13149
    Join date : 2016-04-26
    Age : 39
    Location : Brisbane

    NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 20 - The Gang All Get Injured  - Page 50 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 20 - The Gang All Get Injured

    Post by wolfking Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:58 pm

    mattnz wrote:

    Not targeted at you, but amuses me how some will listen to what Toohey has to say about players, but not listen to a word the coach says about them.

    Maybe that's because coaches have come out and said random shit which has never come true, we see that most weeks.  Some pay too much attention to what coaches say if you ask me.  Plus coaches are coaches of NRL teams trying to win a comp, there's strategy behind their language and moves just the same as the team plays on the field.  A guy like Toohey calls the info from what he sees and knows and has the pedigree of being one of the best there is and usually is prety on the money.

    He also just said, 'big chance' which isn't a flat out yes, so there's that too.


    Last edited by wolfking on Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

      Current date/time is Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:21 am