NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 13 - He looks good, but what do the Reserve Grade stats say

Shady2K
    Shady2K

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 13 - He looks good, but what do the Reserve Grade stats say - Page 2 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 13 - He looks good, but what do the Reserve Grade stats say

Post by Shady2K Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:52 pm

What do you do if Sitili plays 80 and scores mid 40s? Maybe run through Burbo for some busts?

Or is he just the most expendable
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 13 - He looks good, but what do the Reserve Grade stats say - Page 2 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 13 - He looks good, but what do the Reserve Grade stats say

Post by mattnz Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:52 pm

Ando wrote:

Mate how many mins do you think for Smithies?

The interesting scenario for me is if they play Horse on the EDG again until Whitehead is back, would be great for Smithies to retain his current big minute role.
    mickspicks
    mickspicks

Post by mickspicks Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:53 pm

Shady2K wrote:What do you do if Sitili plays 80 and scores mid 40s? Maybe run through Burbo for some busts?

Or is he just the most expendable

How dare you disrespect Burbo like that Evil or Very Mad
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:54 pm

Aardvark Ratnick wrote:

lol Junior Tatola , sorry mate.

Ah of course. Yeah, trade his ass mate.
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:57 pm

mattnz wrote:

The interesting scenario for me is if they play Horse on the EDG again until Whitehead is back, would be great for Smithies to retain his current big minute role.

Are you anticipating Young or Hosking getting injured too?
    BCT05
    BCT05

Post by BCT05 Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:57 pm

mattnz wrote:

When they have Hosking now? No way
    L-Jimmy
    L-Jimmy

Post by L-Jimmy Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:57 pm

mattnz wrote:

Red Dwarf,  Season 1: Confidence and Paranoia

LISTER: She could've said, "yes." Stranger things have happened!

RIMMER: Only two spring to mind, Lister:  the spontaneous combustion of
     the Mayor of Warsaw in 1546 and that incident in 12th century Burgundy
     when it rained herring.
    Aardvark Ratnick
    Aardvark Ratnick

Post by Aardvark Ratnick Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:58 pm

wolfking wrote:

Ah of course.  Yeah, trade his ass mate.

Yeah but May or Smithies is the ? leaning towards May at this stage.
    Ando
    Ando

Post by Ando Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:58 pm

mattnz wrote:

Yeah I think Morg keeps the 13, Hors played EDG last year for a few games but think that was more out of necessity. Shouldn't happen whilst Hosking and Young are available.
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:59 pm

BCT05 wrote:

When they have Hosking now? No way

Hosking is out when Whitehead is back anyway, might as well give the Horse a good gallop for 80 minutes.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Tue Mar 12, 2024 9:00 pm

mattnz wrote:

Hosking is out when Whitehead is back anyway, might as well give the Horse a good gallop for 80 minutes.

I respect the effort to troll
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Tue Mar 12, 2024 9:05 pm

mattnz wrote:

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 13 - He looks good, but what do the Reserve Grade stats say - Page 2 Giphy
    precursor
    precursor

Post by precursor Tue Mar 12, 2024 9:08 pm

wolfking wrote:Everyone still rolling Tups out or trading?

I have enough to turn him into May which is tempting but could easily backfire.

Holding, but I also only have 20k so no one I'd like to flick him to anyway. Seyfarth firmly on minutes watch this week though.
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Tue Mar 12, 2024 9:09 pm

What are Horsburgh's NSW Cup 2RF stats like?
    Boozecluez
    Boozecluez

Post by Boozecluez Tue Mar 12, 2024 9:11 pm

Going to have to sacrifice a fullback to the gods this week

Need to bulk out my mid, took the piss with a few too many fullbacks and last minute squeezed in hynes and it bit me in the ass.
    Cheapies going low and the guns not firing and the tunnel looks bleak.
    Anyways I enjoy a challenge from 73k overall and for the first time this year actually excited about fantasy again.

While I don't have huge faith in Paps/Rapana I need Pongas cash to combine with Cotric to be able to do anything with it beyond trading sideways

Could run it back with no trades but another red dot or 2 and it would be last drinks without Duncan
    So going to take the lazy mid approace and get a couple this week.
    2 scorers for the price of one

Out - Ponga+Cotric
    In - Smithies+Duncan and 55k bank
    Boozecluez
    Boozecluez

Post by Boozecluez Tue Mar 12, 2024 9:19 pm

Team this week:

Cook
    Cheese Salmon Sitili
    Wong Piakura
    Cleary Hynes (c)
    Strange Burbo
    Teddy Papy TTrbo

Smithies Duncan Rapana Chan*
    Galvin* Kini Levi Hughes
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Tue Mar 12, 2024 9:20 pm

Brookzy wrote:People seem to think Duncan will be playing on the edge. I’m fairly confident he will be starting lock come game time with Murray on the edge. He will most likely rotate with havili in the lock role. Might get 50 odd minutes.

Training today they were spotted training in the above positions too.

Make of it what you wish Smile
    I was at work but I’ve just got home I am just eating dinner and spat out out in laughter. I rarely get the Souths stuff wrong. The guy with the training update is a guy I’ve spoke with at games several times too he nails it.

So answer me this if JD said pre season that we could push Murray out to an edge if needed at times and play Tallis through the middle why are we shocked about it?….. it’s JD too we are talking about often his team selections make no sense. Duncan has never played edge before did not spend a minute there in pre season why will that change now? Murray edge has been floated around too as a way to ease his workload just a bit too given he’s so bashed up already his shoulders are fucked from being battered in the middle and he’s only 25 years old. Murray is also bloody great on the edge and Tallis is a gun.

Secondly coaches what they name is not always how they run out sometimes they play mind games. Souths often last year didn’t run out how they were named on the Tuesday.

Thirdly if Murray was training right edge the whole session today 2 days out from the game what does that tell you and the fact Duncan and Havili were in the middle alternating?

MattNZ is right too on what he said at 45-50mins at lock Duncan is a wait a week and watch thing. I expect Murray and Keaon to play 80mins and there is 4 middles on the bench. I can’t see Duncan getting 55-60mins intially no way it’s a long year too.

Anyway people don’t fume when Duncan is not playing big mins on the edge come Thursday and don’t be angry if Havili comes on for him around 24mins into the game.

Aside from this I’m seeing a lot of panic. People overreacting and rage trading and forgetting it’s a marathon and not a sprint. You know what I think I might just hold both trades this week.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Tue Mar 12, 2024 9:22 pm

rhinoceroo wrote:What are Horsburgh's NSW Cup 2RF stats like?

he once scored over 100 fantasy points in a trial game

At least, we think it was him - he was listed as "Canberra no 10" or something similar on the team sheet
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Tue Mar 12, 2024 9:22 pm

Oh and aside for that I do not see more than 45mins for Tatola at most probs more low 40’s mins if I had him I think I would trade him as we have a 4 forward bench with all middles.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Tue Mar 12, 2024 9:26 pm

Rabbits21 wrote:
    I was at work but I’ve just got home I am just eating dinner and spat out out in laughter. I rarely get the Souths stuff wrong. The guy with the training update is a guy I’ve spoke with at games several times too he nails it.

So answer me this if JD said pre season that we could push Murray out to an edge if needed at times and play Tallis through the middle why are we shocked about it?….. it’s JD too we are talking about often his team selections make no sense. Duncan has never played edge before did not spend a minute there in pre season why will that change now? Murray edge has been floated around too as a way to ease his workload just a bit too given he’s so bashed up already his shoulders are fucked from being battered in the middle and he’s only 25 years old. Murray is also bloody great on the edge and Tallis is a gun.

Secondly coaches what they name is not always how they run out sometimes they play mind games. Souths often last year didn’t run out how they were named on the Tuesday.

Thirdly if Murray was training right edge the whole session today 2 days out from the game what does that tell you and the fact Duncan and Havili were in the middle alternating?

MattNZ is right too on what he said at 45-50mins at lock Duncan is a wait a week and watch thing. I expect Murray and Keaon to play 80mins and there is 4 middles on the bench. I can’t see Duncan getting 55-60mins intially no way it’s a long year too.

Anyway people don’t fume when Duncan is not playing big mins on the edge come Thursday and don’t be angry if Havili comes on for him around 24mins into the game.

Aside from this I’m seeing a lot of panic. People overreacting and rage trading and forgetting it’s a marathon and not a sprint. You know what I think I might just hold both trades this week.

Didn't Brookzy who you quoted say the same thing you just did?

Also, I loled at the bolded part.

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 7:22 pm