NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

WT Winfield - Winnie's Blues 2024

WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

WT Winfield - Winnie's Blues 2024 - Page 2 Empty Re: WT Winfield - Winnie's Blues 2024

Post by WT Winfield Tue Apr 09, 2024 6:08 pm

Round 5

Coming off my worst week ever, thankfully it was Wrestlemania weekend cheer

Scored 668 and dropped to 5911st. Too gross to even screenshot.

Early thoughts were Teddy and Rapana to Angus and Campbell, but TLT has thrown more shit with Rabbitohs a fucking joke, JD's a clown and I quit - CM Punk.

Probably go Rapana to Iro and Cook/Teddy to Grant or something. Game's broken as fuck, don't really care at this point.

Spoiler:

Last edited by WT Winfield on Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:10 am; edited 1 time in total
    ForanAgainst
    ForanAgainst

WT Winfield - Winnie's Blues 2024 - Page 2 Empty Re: WT Winfield - Winnie's Blues 2024

Post by ForanAgainst Tue Apr 09, 2024 6:14 pm

It is quite the shitshow, but your still doing better than I am. I went into a downward spiral at this time last year and I think it was you and a couple of others who told me to keep walking through the shit. Simply here to return that favour.
    Ando
    Ando

Post by Ando Tue Apr 09, 2024 6:25 pm

I'm in a similar boat with the Rapana, Teddy and Cook outs. So my trades looking like:

Rapana > Hynes
    Teddy > Chevy/Iro

Put Levi at HOK and lets ride it together
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Tue Apr 09, 2024 6:36 pm

ForanAgainst wrote:It is quite the shitshow, but your still doing better than I am. I went into a downward spiral at this time last year and I think it was you and a couple of others who told me to keep walking through the shit. Simply here to return that favour.

Thanks mate, I'll keep making my trades, but gonna keep my distance from everything footy and call it a day at the end of this season. Have to remind myself people are doing worse whenever I feel negative, but my moves have been shit and haven't taken advantage of trading Cleary and Piakura while a lot held. Need to start digging up before this hole gets too deep.
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Tue Apr 09, 2024 6:51 pm

Ando wrote:I'm in a similar boat with the Rapana, Teddy and Cook outs. So my trades looking like:

Rapana > Hynes
    Teddy > Chevy/Iro

Put Levi at HOK and lets ride it together

Thanks mate. Yeah I thought I might end up playing Levi anyway (loop with SHughes), so HK isn't a necessity if Cook's out. Mamo was complete ass in defence, so wtf? Anyway.. Maybe Cook gets back on the bench and scores another ~45. Taking the bye next week, so I was planning to pick up Grant for Flanno/Hutch and run both gun HKs. Getting Grant a week after playing the Dogs seemed a little backwards though, so pulling the trigger this week is an idea. Feel like sticking with Captain Fog to redeem last week and see if Hynes is possible next week with 3 trades.

I was content chasing value with Angus and Campbell this week, but hands feel tied again with this 2 trade bullshit Evil or Very Mad
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:37 am

Round 6

Took a break from footy and the forums last weekend. Only caught the 2nd half of Storm/Dogs and the final minutes of Raiders/Titans, but will check out some replays. Didn't feel like a good start after I swerved from Angus and Campbell and picked up Grant and Iro with the Cook dropped/benched news, but that worked out okay in the end. Locking in Hutch early also looked a terrible move, but once Cook was officially out, Flanno stepped up and being unable to loop Levi over Hutch netted a point. The smallest of wins *fistpump*.

Checked footystats to see why Tatola was doing nothing (figured he was standing under the posts constantly), but ruled out for 8 really killed my enthusiasm further, so I checked out again until after the Raiders game. Enter Captain FogGod slotting the winning FG and possibly a season saving score for me, along with all the other dudes that chipped in with 50s and 70s. But thank fuck for that.

Ended up with 923 and up to 3346th. 1 trade saved and 247k bank coming into Rd 7.

Team for Rd 6:

Spoiler:

GTFO list: Hutchison, Cook, Tatola and Levi.

A few on the radar:

- Angus. Straight in.
    - Hynes. Tempted to keep chasing value in other positions as Fog, DBrown, Galvin and Flanno for now can hold down the fort, but I should probably just grab the best player in the game that's available and chuck the big C on him.
    - Chester. Was meant to be Campbell, but I have no ctr/wfb cover again and Kiraz, Guth and Strange on byes the next few weeks. Dunno much about him. Hope he keeps scoring tries.
    - Blore. Had the cash in hand for him Rd 1. Former Tiger, seems good, now at Storm, probably better. Would really like him in my team, but might have to go through to the keeper due to other team needs.
    - Nikora. 99k discount from starting price from the sinbin game and another I'm a fan of. Can't afford him this week if getting Hynes, but not the end of the world. A few edge options getting around and MID could be a struggle next week with my cover Salmon and Shoes on the bye.

So MIDs Jolliffe and Waddell probably shouldn't be ignored, but I dare say I'm going to.

Thinking something like:

Cook to Hynes
    Hutch to Angus
    Levi/Tatola to Chester

Holding Tatola over Levi gives me a loop option, but looking at next week I'll have Tatola, Kiraz, Salmon, SHughes and JChan probably all red dots. Levi would give me a warm body at least, but could just score shit both weeks, lose cash, kill my loop and generally be a gremlin.

Will see if TLT and the rumour mill throws any curveballs before pondering too much.

Cheers for listening Very Happy

Also glad to see Ando and ForanAgainst in the 900 club this week too after the encouragement last week cheer
    Ando
    Ando

Post by Ando Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:09 pm

WT Winfield wrote:Round 6

Took a break from footy and the forums last weekend. Only caught the 2nd half of Storm/Dogs and the final minutes of Raiders/Titans, but will check out some replays. Didn't feel like a good start after I swerved from Angus and Campbell and picked up Grant and Iro with the Cook dropped/benched news, but that worked out okay in the end. Locking in Hutch early also looked a terrible move, but once Cook was officially out, Flanno stepped up and being unable to loop Levi over Hutch netted a point. The smallest of wins *fistpump*.

Checked footystats to see why Tatola was doing nothing (figured he was standing under the posts constantly), but ruled out for 8 really killed my enthusiasm further, so I checked out again until after the Raiders game. Enter Captain FogGod slotting the winning FG and possibly a season saving score for me, along with all the other dudes that chipped in with 50s and 70s. But thank fuck for that.

Ended up with 923 and up to 3346th. 1 trade saved and 247k bank coming into Rd 7.

Team for Rd 6:

Spoiler:

A few on the radar:

- Angus. Straight in.
    - Hynes. Tempted to keep chasing value in other positions as Fog, DBrown, Galvin and Flanno for now can hold down the fort, but I should probably just grab the best player in the game that's available and chuck the big C on him.
    - Chester. Was meant to be Campbell, but I have no ctr/wfb cover again and Kiraz, Guth and Strange on byes the next few weeks. Dunno much about him. Hope he keeps scoring tries.
    - Blore. Had the cash in hand for him Rd 1. Former Tiger, seems good, now at Storm, probably better. Would really like him in my team, but might have to go through to the keeper due to other team needs.
    - Nikora. 99k discount from starting price from the sinbin game and another I'm a fan of. Can't afford him this week if getting Hynes, but not the end of the world. A few edge options getting around and MID could be a struggle next week with my cover Salmon and Shoes on the bye.

So MIDs Jolliffe and Waddell probably shouldn't be ignored, but I dare say I'm going to.

Thinking something like:

Cook to Hynes
    Hutch to Angus
    Levi/Tatola to Chester

Holding Tatola over Levi gives me a loop option, but looking at next week I'll have Tatola, Kiraz, Salmon, SHughes and JChan probably all red dots. Levi would give me a warm body at least, but could just score shit both weeks, lose cash, kill my loop and generally be a gremlin.

Will see if TLT and the rumour mill throws any curveballs before pondering too much.

Also glad to see Ando and ForanAgainst in the 900 club this week too after the encouragement last week cheer

What a difference a week makes! Made me happy reading this post!

And I think your trades are spot on. All 4 of the GTFO list need to go so it just depends in what order. At least Tatola won't lose cash this week. If my calculations are correct you will have just shy of 600k to spend next week meaning you can target Walsh or Garrick for Tatola which will strengthen your WFB/CTR and also cover Gutho's bye.
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:46 am

Ando wrote:

And I think your trades are spot on. All 4 of the GTFO list need to go so it just depends in what order. At least Tatola won't lose cash this week. If my calculations are correct you will have just shy of 600k to spend next week meaning you can target Walsh or Garrick for Tatola which will strengthen your WFB/CTR and also cover Gutho's bye.

Thanks mate! Really appreciate that and the good vibes from the tracker threads. I need to temper my expectations and realise this is an 11 mil squad, not 15. Last week was rough, but nutted up and edited the post with the gross 668 screenshot and I can only laugh at it now Laughing

Garrick definitely a good shout. Don't hate Walsh either (as a fantasy pick) Twisted Evil

I have Teddy in the back of my mind too if he drops some, but the HIAs are becoming an issue and origin on the horizon.

I had a quick thought of Tatola to JBrailey next week for a Rd 13 hooker, but might remain on the wait and see list. Looking better than last year at a glance for the byes, so no need to rush it.

Will have 84k spare if bringing in Hynes, Angus and Chester, so up to 586k for Tatola in 1 trade. Not confident in Chester though and will probably loop him with SHughes if bringing him in.. still just a CTR and not sure what happens if the tries dry up. It's mainly the bye coverage I'm looking at him for, but now this Trai Fuller could be worth a look if priced friendly, but probs just a short term bandaid while Chester could be good through Rd 15.
    GreenSchist
    GreenSchist

Post by GreenSchist Wed Apr 17, 2024 1:08 pm

WT Winfield wrote:Round 6

Team for Rd 6:

Spoiler:

A few on the radar:

- Angus. Straight in.

Thinking something like:

Cook to Hynes
    Hutch to Angus
    Levi/Tatola to Chester

Agree with Ando, some nice trades there. All the outs are obvious, with the ins a little bit less so. Angus is a must and Chester is a quality pick up with DPP. I'm bringing in Hynes this week as well, the hope being that he kicks off to some big scores.
    I like the idea of J.Brailey and just bought him in myself. I think you can wait a week or two with him to see if his scores improve. The fact he is now getting 80 mins and Crossland isn't stealing his minutes hopefully means its only a matter of tim before his scores climb back to career averages.
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Wed Apr 17, 2024 1:32 pm

GreenSchist wrote:

Agree with Ando, some nice trades there. All the outs are obvious, with the ins a little bit less so. Angus is a must and Chester is a quality pick up with DPP. I'm bringing in Hynes this week as well, the hope being that he kicks off to some big scores.
    I like the idea of J.Brailey and just bought him in myself. I think you can wait a week or two with him to see if his scores improve. The fact he is now getting 80 mins and Crossland isn't stealing his minutes hopefully means its only a matter of tim before his scores climb back to career averages.

Thanks mate. I was replying again in the main thread, but missed the lockout. I thought about grabbing a gun mid like Yeo, Carrigan, AFB or Harris instead of Hynes, but I'd probably just stick with Fog as captain then. Yeo reliable, but doesn't really have the ceiling of Hynes and only 20k cheaper. Already have 2 Eels, otherwise would consider Hopgod too.

The 71 mins for JBrailey was a good sign with Crossland's minutes dropping off last 2. Not sure if Brails will be risked for 80 though with his injury history and Crossland can do some kind of job for 10-20, but would be happy to be wrong there.

Also chucking Marzhew on the fallen WFB list with Garrick and Walsh, so might have to hold off on Brailey until after the bye if Marzhew ends up the most affordable.
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Wed Apr 17, 2024 1:39 pm

Ando wrote:

I concur all three of your trades are value... Future is so bright you are gonna need sunglasses afro
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Wed Apr 17, 2024 2:07 pm

The Dolphin Conspiracies wrote:

I concur all three of your trades are value... Future is so bright you are gonna need sunglasses afro

Haha thanks mate Very Happy Kinda considering holding the Levi to Chester trade and picking up one of the fallen WFBs next week instead, but Chester could still be worthwhile aswell.

Your last few trades have turned out pretty good with Nikorima, Fifita and Captain SJ even though I suggested different. More than one way to pet a cat Laughing Sucks how Sitili turned out though. Cobbo and Kiraz redeeming themselves after shockers first up when we traded them in too cheer
    Ando
    Ando

Post by Ando Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:27 pm

WT Winfield wrote:

Thanks mate! Really appreciate that and the good vibes from the tracker threads. I need to temper my expectations and realise this is an 11 mil squad, not 15. Last week was rough, but nutted up and edited the post with the gross 668 screenshot and I can only laugh at it now Laughing

Garrick definitely a good shout. Don't hate Walsh either (as a fantasy pick) Twisted Evil

I have Teddy in the back of my mind too if he drops some, but the HIAs are becoming an issue and origin on the horizon.

I had a quick thought of Tatola to JBrailey next week for a Rd 13 hooker, but might remain on the wait and see list. Looking better than last year at a glance for the byes, so no need to rush it.

Will have 84k spare if bringing in Hynes, Angus and Chester, so up to 586k for Tatola in 1 trade. Not confident in Chester though and will probably loop him with SHughes if bringing him in.. still just a CTR and not sure what happens if the tries dry up. It's mainly the bye coverage I'm looking at him for, but now this Trai Fuller could be worth a look if priced friendly, but probs just a short term bandaid while Chester could be good through Rd 15.

Tracker threads are where it's at, I love chilling in these parts haha.

Regarding Teddy: I traded him last week and the reason being Origin and the RD14 Bye as I currently have 4 Raiders and 2 Roosters. Teddy would have meant I had 7 players out that round. Something to bear in mind.

If you don't need Chester's scores in CTR and WFB you can probably afford to miss him. Last week I'd had it in my head to trade him in, but after thinking about it I'm not sure how much more money he makes, he doesn't exactly have the best base without tries.

If you are not 100% sure I'd just hold.
    Cap'n Ranta
    Cap'n Ranta

Post by Cap'n Ranta Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:43 pm

Agree that if you can wait a bit the fallen WFBs should be better than Chester. I agree the upside is limited but for people like me that need to patch a hole in the squad he feels like the right player at an acceptable price. Probably will make a touch under 100k but the job security compensates for that.

Not saying don't get Hynes but with Fog, Brown and Galvin I think you are pretty set for up to rd 13 with HLF. Having traded Hynes last week Trindall is pretty involved so I'm not sure he's as separated from the pack as much as last year to be such an auto pick. That being said its a week to week game and if thats his floor hes a really solid captaincy play. There's never a bad time to get one of the top 2 expected averages.

If you were open to looking at other spots I'd maybe recommend a MID like Tohu - the extra cash might also let you get a gun WFB for Tatola in preperation for Gutho and Kiraz's bye.

Maybe:

Cook -> Ponga (best draw for next 5 weeks)
    Hutch -> Angus
    Tatola -> Tohu

The following week:
    Levi -> Brailey

Just thought I'd throw you a curveball to consider.......
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:00 am

Good point about Rd 14 with Teddy, Ando. I was eyeing off Tapine after the Rd 10 bye, but that probably rules him out too. Will probably flipflop on Levi to Chester all week, but could be some carnage in the first few games that makes it an easier decision.

Appreciate you checking in too Ranta cheer

I'm about 50k short on those trades, so would need someone like Uto/Tapine or Turbo/Lomax, which wouldn't be too bad. I'd probably go AFB for the gun mid, just because I've never owned him before. Harris usually makes a cameo in my team every year, but always seems to need trading out at some point.

Knights draw does look pretty nice. Makes me really want Marzhew next week haha. I'm too much of a tightass to spend that much on Ponga though. I struggle to trade in guys like Waddell, Willison and Foran and from years past NAS, Mahoney etc. just knowing they're gonna cost another trade down the line and could dud it up sooner rather than later.. so that means I really have to target fallen guns or take a punt on mostly unknowns without a history of sucking.

The trio of Walsh, Garrick and Marzhew all low 600k and high BEs this week looks pretty appealing for that reason.

Before I decided to lock in Hynes, I was thinking something like Angus, Blore and AFB to balance my bench with 3 forwards and a half, but then I'd probably just get Chester next week anyway as I'll still be short of the fallen WFB trio and needing a WFB.

I'm pretty set on Hynes now though. Trading out Cook, so I feel it has to be for someone I won't regret. Some chance Cook's back to 80 after a couple of weeks and matching whoever I punt him for, but I could live with it if Hynes goes well. He's also the only one I feel comfortable moving the C off Fog for, as I'm not confident the 60 avg lasts. Everyone else I think 55, not bad. 60 hell yeah. Anything higher feels a little lucky. With Hynes/Cleary I see 55 and think, damn must've had a bludger. 60.. that's a pass. 70+ hell yeah.

A true set and forget captain just makes life a lot easier I think.
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:32 am

Round 7

Just like waiting for a game to end before bitching about scores, sometimes I need to wait for the weekend to end. Sunday delivered again after a rough start with 10/347 coming in. Seeing a couple of missed trade-in targets Blore and AFB scoring well didn't help, but my lord and saviour Jesus Hynes came through with the bread and wine. I had captained Foggy the last 3 after Cleary went down, but thankfully pulled the trigger on Cook to Hynes and dodged a pretty tough setback. I guess I owe Demetriou some thanks for putting me in the right place at the right time, but fuck him.

So I locked in the Cook/Hutch to Angus/Hynes trades first up, then with Kiraz's bye coming up and Gutho looking busted, I locked in the Levi to Chester trade. Turns out Flanno was more of a priority out than I thought, but didn't get among the attacking stats and didn't have to defend much.

I thought I might crack 700 or so, but finished up with 796 and moved up a little over 1k places to 2261st

Team for Rd 7:

Spoiler:

Tatola and Foggy definite outs. If Guth plays I'll hold him and move Flanno on, otherwise I'll need another WFB.

Sorenson looks to have bottomed out from the injury game and the DPP will be handy. Will get an early rest some weeks, but hopefully averages 50+ and can offset some Cleary points when he dishes Zorro some tries.

Blore or Nikora with the 2nd trade. Probably gonna go Blore because I like him more, and will annoy me not owning him while he averages ~50. Nikora not as bye friendly, but with trades being burned, he's got the better job security and Bellamy won't consider Blore's fantasy average when dropping/benching him. I think he should cement the spot though, so I wanna be along for the ride.

If Guth's playing, then Flanno to JBrailey looks good. Otherwise might have to look at Guth to Garrick (too many CTR/WG in my WFB) or the Knights FB. Teddy relatively cheap, but probably fade unless he drops to 550k and becomes unavoidable despite origin and Rd 14 bye.

Thanks for reading Very Happy
    Ando
    Ando

Post by Ando Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:12 pm

Ah man so happy you didn't continue with the Fog captain!

I'm with you on holding Gutho, he did look pretty busted but the options around that price range are pretty slim. I can loop him this week and then he has the Bye so hopefully so hoping the week off will let him get back to full fitness.

Some nice options you've got on the trade in list, your team is taking great shape and another solid week could see you easily slide into the top 1k!

Any Bateman love now he's named at 13 over Blore/Nikora?
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:54 pm

Ando wrote:Ah man so happy you didn't continue with the Fog captain!

I'm with you on holding Gutho, he did look pretty busted but the options around that price range are pretty slim. I can loop him this week and then he has the Bye so hopefully so hoping the week off will let him get back to full fitness.

Some nice options you've got on the trade in list, your team is taking great shape and another solid week could see you easily slide into the top 1k!

Any Bateman love now he's named at 13 over Blore/Nikora?

Thanks mate! Great to see you cracking the top 1k cheer I wanted to jump in your tracker, but I struggle to give any sort of advice to someone ranked higher. I don't care about rank when discussing with other people, but the idea of potentially derailing someone at the top if they followed my advice is a hurdle.

I was talking with Rabs21 about not being keen on spending 700k+ on WFBs this early, but in looking at alternatives to Ponga to Drinkwater (for him and you), there's not a lot around. He plays a pretty important role in attack and other than last year's rough start, he's been on fire. Could be a good edge over those of us running out CTRs at WFB too.

Not really in my price range though. Also hoping the week off for Guth will help and gives a chance to look at all these emerging cheapies and hopefully land a decent one.

Bateman probably has leaped Nikora now, and probably Blore if I was picking with my head rather than heart. Job security, plus a history of performing at elite gun level. If he had MID I'd probably skip Sorenson, but alas.. I might stick with Blore as I think I'll enjoy watching him more, but everyone jumping on Batman again while he kills it might do the same to my enjoyment haha. Good chance Blore averages under 50 while Batman is closer to 55, so might have to think about it some more. Possibly gets MID at the next update too, which could be handy for the second and third major byes (not that I'm planning that far ahead).
    Ando
    Ando

Post by Ando Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:21 pm

@WT Winfield Don't be daft, I think I've become better at Fantasy since doing the Tracker's really helps to evaluate good and bad decisions and input from others gives an outside perspective which is invaluable!

Drinky and Ponga are pretty similar, so not issue swapping them. You get what you pay for I guess, let's hope Drinky can stay fit...

For your conundrum the threat of Chan to spell Blore some weeks is a risk. Also something else to watch out for is you already have Grant, Papy and Chan, a 4th Storm player could cause potential headaches further down the line.

Nikora gives you 3 Sharks whereas Bateman gives you only 2 Tigers who also have the better Bye schedule.

I expect to hear from you in my Tracker next week Wink
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:38 pm

Ando wrote:@WT Winfield Don't be daft, I think I've become better at Fantasy since doing the Tracker's really helps to evaluate good and bad decisions and input from others gives an outside perspective which is invaluable!  

Drinky and Ponga are pretty similar, so not issue swapping them. You get what you pay for I guess, let's hope Drinky can stay fit...

For your conundrum the threat of Chan to spell Blore some weeks is a risk. Also something else to watch out for is you already have Grant, Papy and Chan, a 4th Storm player could cause potential headaches further down the line.

Nikora gives you 3 Sharks whereas Bateman gives you only 2 Tigers who also have the better Bye schedule.

I expect to hear from you in my Tracker next week Wink

Do you think I'll get around you this week? Laugh Hopefully will be just checking in to congratulate you on a great week and reaffirm that no trades are needed cheer

With Storm, both their remaining byes are on major rounds, where only 13 are required, so not as damaging owning 3 or 4 of them as the other rounds. They miss the first major bye round, but I'm looking kinda okay so far. Some likely to be moved on though

HK: JBrailey
    MID: May, Smithies, Sorenson, Salmon*, SHughes*
    EDG: Angus, KPP
    HLF: DBrown, Hynes*
    CTR: Iro, Strange
    WFB: Kiraz, Chester, Gutho

Salmon and SHughes probably cashed out, but maybe injuries keep striking. Hynes should be in origin. May and Smithies with question marks, but bigger priorities this week, so hoping they can go 50+ again and not worry about them next week.

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 11:58 am