NRL Fantasy Fanatics



Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

    NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 11 - This is getting out of hand

    Aardvark
    Aardvark

    Posts : 6396
    Reputation : 6601
    Join date : 2018-03-01
    Location : Parents basement eating Cheetos

    NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 11 - This is getting out of hand - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 11 - This is getting out of hand

    Post by Aardvark Sat Mar 09, 2024 3:22 pm

    mattnz wrote:

    I am being Matt Nable and selling the narrative.

    I know.....I like it

    Edit : Not enough to have Flanno in my team though
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest

    NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 11 - This is getting out of hand - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 11 - This is getting out of hand

    Post by Guest Sat Mar 09, 2024 3:25 pm

    mattnz wrote:

    I am being Matt Nable and selling the narrative.

    Matt Nable sold the narrative well in that movie when he bum raped that poor gentleman
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

    Posts : 11974
    Reputation : 8617
    Join date : 2019-01-30

    NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 11 - This is getting out of hand - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 11 - This is getting out of hand

    Post by Camo123 Sat Mar 09, 2024 3:26 pm

    mattnz wrote:

    I am being Matt Nable and selling the narrative.

    What about this bang average player doesn’t have the same ring to it
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

    Posts : 6396
    Reputation : 6601
    Join date : 2018-03-01
    Location : Parents basement eating Cheetos

    NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 11 - This is getting out of hand - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 11 - This is getting out of hand

    Post by Aardvark Sat Mar 09, 2024 3:27 pm

    Camo123 wrote:

    What about this bang average player doesn’t have the same ring to it

    Two Dimmys thanks love
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest

    NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 11 - This is getting out of hand - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 11 - This is getting out of hand

    Post by Guest Sat Mar 09, 2024 3:28 pm

    Is it stupid to hedge your bets and have both Hutch and Flanno and see what pans out. Neither will lose value but neither will be spectacular.

    I was keen on Boyd but think it's an impulsive hunch rather than a logical one.

    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

    Posts : 26741
    Reputation : 18993
    Join date : 2016-01-08

    NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 11 - This is getting out of hand - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 11 - This is getting out of hand

    Post by my tv broke Sat Mar 09, 2024 3:30 pm

    BaldShitTruck wrote:Is it stupid to hedge your bets and have both Hutch and Flanno and see what pans out. Neither will lose value but neither will be spectacular.

    I was keen on Boyd but think it's an impulsive hunch rather than a logical one.


    if you have both and both of them are shit, its two trades.

    if you have both and one of them are shit, its one trade.

    if you have one, and you land on the right one, its no trades.

    if you have one, and you land on the wrong one, its one trade.

    if you have neither .. you might be slightly annoyed about not having one of them but its probably not that big of a deal.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

    Posts : 18001
    Reputation : 6133
    Join date : 2016-02-14
    Location : New Zealand

    NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 11 - This is getting out of hand - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 11 - This is getting out of hand

    Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Sat Mar 09, 2024 3:31 pm

    mattnz wrote:The last time that Flanno was coached by Flanno, he averaged 43 fantasy points, included 2.6 goals per game (-5 points). His halves partner was noted kicker Townsend. Next to Chad he averaged 193 km, in his rookie season.

    The next season, he was at the Roosters and started the season really well from a fantasy perspective, including a low of 40 points all season, and a stretch of 5 straight 60+ point games!!

    Lest we forget.

    I am seeing rumours that Lomax could have 1 foot out the door, he is playing on the wing, and all his previous coaches have dropped him at some stage. Who knows, he is a really good goal kicker and could take that up at any time.

    Over Origin he should take the reigns and be a high scoring player as the dominant half, with all the kick meters.

    Priced at 25 and his dad probably gives him decent job security.

    Anyone else sold?

    I have Lolo and Lussick that I’m not completely sold on for various reasons.
    Worth saving 140k and rolling the dice on Flanno?

    Would allow some nice upgrades next week I’d say. Namely Chan to May maybe
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest

    NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 11 - This is getting out of hand - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 11 - This is getting out of hand

    Post by Guest Sat Mar 09, 2024 3:35 pm

    my tv broke wrote:

    if you have both and both of them are shit, its two trades.

    if you have both and one of them are shit, its one trade.

    if you have one, and you land on the right one, its no trades.

    if you have one, and you land on the wrong one, its one trade.

    if you have neither .. you might be slightly annoyed about not having one of them but its probably not that big of a deal.

    Yeah I don't know why I asked I have been thinking over all those scenarios today and all those conclusions are possible. Fuck it they can spend a week in the stable see how they settle in
    Khany
    Khany

    Posts : 5528
    Reputation : 1935
    Join date : 2019-02-24

    NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 11 - This is getting out of hand - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 11 - This is getting out of hand

    Post by Khany Sat Mar 09, 2024 3:39 pm

    Hard to go with your gut with Hutch/Flano as neither encourage those type of emotions.
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

    Posts : 6396
    Reputation : 6601
    Join date : 2018-03-01
    Location : Parents basement eating Cheetos

    NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 11 - This is getting out of hand - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 11 - This is getting out of hand

    Post by Aardvark Sat Mar 09, 2024 3:39 pm

    Which of these two potatoes tastes more like steak?

    At this stage of the season I would be more comfortable playing Hutch in my 17 based on having watched both players play.

    Flanno Senior can say what he wants but I'm yet to be convinced Ben Hunt doesn't try to do everything himself again. I might change my mind after a couple of games.

    If you need the $50k to set yourself up for next week then I'm not anticipating the points difference is going to be more than 5-10 points and even them it could go either way Very Happy
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

    Posts : 18700
    Reputation : 6627
    Join date : 2018-03-11

    NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 11 - This is getting out of hand - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 11 - This is getting out of hand

    Post by mattnz Sat Mar 09, 2024 3:41 pm

    Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:

    I have Lolo and Lussick that I’m not completely sold on for various reasons.
    Worth saving 140k and rolling the dice on Flanno?

    Would allow some nice upgrades next week I’d say. Namely Chan to May maybe

    Want my sales pitch for Lolo and Lussick?

    I think you can safely wait and see on both of them. If Lolo gets 50 points in 60 minutes and looks really involved, everyone gets him next week. If he gets 27 points in 45 minutes, you probably need to trade him out.

    Equally, this week should give us an idea of Lussick minutes with Hands on the bench.

    No rush for either of them in R1.

    Chan to May is some upgrade.

    Incidentally a good selling point for Flanno, is that he averaged 33 last season starting in the halves next to Burton, with just 121 km average. His price is really low as he played 7 games off the bench for an average of 13 points last year. He has had a high tackle count in the halves every year for his base. Between 20 and 26 tackles per game in each season, after his rookie season (which was lower at 18 average). He can't really go lower than his typical 50 running meters per game, the only way is up from there.
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

    Posts : 18700
    Reputation : 6627
    Join date : 2018-03-11

    NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 11 - This is getting out of hand - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 11 - This is getting out of hand

    Post by mattnz Sat Mar 09, 2024 3:42 pm

    my tv broke wrote:

    if you have both and both of them are shit, its two trades.

    if you have both and one of them are shit, its one trade.

    if you have one, and you land on the right one, its no trades.

    if you have one, and you land on the wrong one, its one trade.

    if you have neither .. you might be slightly annoyed about not having one of them but its probably not that big of a deal.

    You do realise that there is a possibility that you missed.
    mickspicks
    mickspicks

    Posts : 3141
    Reputation : 912
    Join date : 2017-04-23
    Location : Phin Fully Up 4 Herbie

    NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 11 - This is getting out of hand - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 11 - This is getting out of hand

    Post by mickspicks Sat Mar 09, 2024 3:44 pm

    Khany wrote:Hard to go with your gut with Hutch/Flano as neither encourage those type of emotions.

    Both teams are shit.

    Bulldogs have weaker middles so I assume that means Hutch has to defend more, but potentially more missed tackles too.

    Flanno just kind of exists out on the park. Never takes control. BHunny will just do it all if Flanno makes a slight error.


    Last edited by mickspicks on Sat Mar 09, 2024 3:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

    Posts : 18700
    Reputation : 6627
    Join date : 2018-03-11

    NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 11 - This is getting out of hand - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 11 - This is getting out of hand

    Post by mattnz Sat Mar 09, 2024 3:44 pm

    Aardvark wrote:Which of these two potatoes tastes more like steak?

    At this stage of the season I would be more comfortable playing Hutch in my 17 based on having watched both players play.

    Flanno Senior can say what he wants but I'm yet to be convinced Ben Hunt doesn't try to do everything himself again. I might change my mind after a couple of games.

    If you need the $50k to set yourself up for next week then I'm not anticipating the points difference is going to be more than 5-10 points and even them it could go either way Very Happy

    Having 1 Dragon instead of a 4th Bulldog tips the balance for me.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

    Posts : 18001
    Reputation : 6133
    Join date : 2016-02-14
    Location : New Zealand

    NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 11 - This is getting out of hand - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 11 - This is getting out of hand

    Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Sat Mar 09, 2024 3:44 pm

    mattnz wrote:

    You do realise that there is a possibility that you missed.

    I like this 🤣
    Milchcow
    Milchcow
    Moderator

    Posts : 24341
    Reputation : 16804
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 11 - This is getting out of hand - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 11 - This is getting out of hand

    Post by Milchcow Sat Mar 09, 2024 3:46 pm

    FaringdonSwirl wrote:
    mattnz wrote:St George Illawarra coach Shane Flanagan is hoping the arrival of his son Kyle at the Dragons will allow Ben Hunt to rediscover his damaging running game.

    At times in recent seasons it has felt like Hunt has shouldered sole responsibility for the Dragons' fortunes and, as Flanagan pointed out after an opposed session against Manly on Friday, the Queenslander has often had to do that while holding the hand of an inexperienced five-eighth.

    But with the arrival of Kyle Flanagan from Canterbury, Hunt can expect the chance to play with more freedom.

    The 25-year-old Flanagan has had his detractors during his first-grade career, but there is little doubt his kicking and game awareness can help Hunt unleash his natural running game.

    "Ben's enjoyed his time with Kyle because it's taken a lot of pressure off him," Flanagan senior said.

    "Ben's played with young halves before and they've only played 20 games. Kyle's up around 80 (games) and his strength is his organisation.

    "He's taken a lot of pressure off Ben because on the last tackle, big plays, the ball isn't always going to go to Ben.

    "That's freed Ben up to run a little bit more and (he's) enjoying that."

    And now I'm back on the ledge

    Have you considered that Flanagan Senior is like Brad Arthur

    In the sense that any correlation between pre-season interviews and his actual game plan is purely coincidental
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

    Posts : 26741
    Reputation : 18993
    Join date : 2016-01-08

    NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 11 - This is getting out of hand - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 11 - This is getting out of hand

    Post by my tv broke Sat Mar 09, 2024 3:46 pm

    mattnz wrote:Incidentally a good selling point for Flanno, is that he averaged 33 last season starting in the halves next to Burton, with just 121 km average. His price is really low as he played 7 games off the bench for an average of 13 points last year. He has had a high tackle count in the halves every year for his base. Between 20 and 26 tackles per game in each season, after his rookie season (which was lower at 18 average). He can't really go lower than his typical 50 running meters per game, the only way is up from there.

    Are you going to be starting him every week, or run in NPRs.

    Dont mind a guy scoring 33 in NPRs but it isnt a playable average.

    I think I have to just run Hutch. I think there's a reasonable chance of him scoring 40-42 avg and being decent enough til an upgrade or another option. He may not pan out obviously, but around 37/38 would be passable for a few weeks. If its worse, then.. ah fuck oh well.

    But yeah I need a playable 7.

    Nothing has really changed since 3 weeks ago except for last minute panic.


    Last edited by my tv broke on Sat Mar 09, 2024 3:48 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

    Posts : 18001
    Reputation : 6133
    Join date : 2016-02-14
    Location : New Zealand

    NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 11 - This is getting out of hand - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 11 - This is getting out of hand

    Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Sat Mar 09, 2024 3:46 pm

    mattnz wrote:

    Want my sales pitch for Lolo and Lussick?

    I think you can safely wait and see on both of them. If Lolo gets 50 points in 60 minutes and looks really involved, everyone gets him next week. If he gets 27 points in 45 minutes, you probably need to trade him out.

    Equally, this week should give us an idea of Lussick minutes with Hands on the bench.

    No rush for either of them in R1.

    Chan to May is some upgrade.

    Incidentally a good selling point for Flanno, is that he averaged 33 last season starting in the halves next to Burton, with just 121 km average. His price is really low as he played 7 games off the bench for an average of 13 points last year. He has had a high tackle count in the halves every year for his base. Between 20 and 26 tackles per game in each season, after his rookie season (which was lower at 18 average). He can't really go lower than his typical 50 running meters per game, the only way is up from there.

    Yeah it’s a tough one. The only reason I’m looking at it is obviously for the cash going into next week when trades become something to worry about. This week is the only week I’d consider such things
    Milchcow
    Milchcow
    Moderator

    Posts : 24341
    Reputation : 16804
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 11 - This is getting out of hand - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 11 - This is getting out of hand

    Post by Milchcow Sat Mar 09, 2024 3:48 pm

    mattnz wrote:
    Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:

    I have Lolo and Lussick that I’m not completely sold on for various reasons.
    Worth saving 140k and rolling the dice on Flanno?

    Would allow some nice upgrades next week I’d say. Namely Chan to May maybe

    Want my sales pitch for Lolo and Lussick?

    I think you can safely wait and see on both of them. If Lolo gets 50 points in 60 minutes and looks really involved, everyone gets him next week. If he gets 27 points in 45 minutes, you probably need to trade him out.


    Everyone is already spending next week's 2 trades on May and May

    Lolo and Lussick (and the one they missed out of Hutch/Flanagan) will have to wait
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

    Posts : 26741
    Reputation : 18993
    Join date : 2016-01-08

    NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 11 - This is getting out of hand - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 11 - This is getting out of hand

    Post by my tv broke Sat Mar 09, 2024 3:50 pm

    Sexyton on 41 pts at half time in nsw cup. Can i just have those points?

      Current date/time is Sun Apr 21, 2024 7:03 pm