NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 10 - Not enough Raiders

OB
    OB

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 10 - Not enough Raiders - Page 48 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 10 - Not enough Raiders

Post by OB Sat Mar 09, 2024 7:55 am

495/12c

Not such a good start.
    Robson, Kiraz, Hutch/Flanno, Salmon and Luki to go.

After that news about Hutch saying he will be leaving all the long kicking to Burton, I think moving to Flanno and having $200k ITB might be the wise move.

I'm actually fairly surprised at how low my score is. I thought my team was relatively cookie cutter apart from a couple of small things like McInnes over Hoppy/Haas, but to be seemingly so far behind already is somewhat distressing.
    mattnz
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 10 - Not enough Raiders - Page 48 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 10 - Not enough Raiders

Post by mattnz Sat Mar 09, 2024 8:08 am

Hmmmm... well this is annoying....

Bulldogs journeyman Drew Hutchinson has backed himself to become the team's chief playmaker in order to free up halves partner Matt Burton.

Hutchison made his NRL debut in 2015 and has played 75 top grade games for the Dragons and the Roosters, but the 28-year-old has never previously started the season as a first-choice halfback.

In fact, Hutchison has played more matches at centre, hooker and five-eighth than he has in the position he was chosen in the NRL's 2014 U20’s Team of the Year, alongside Addin Fonua-Blake, Val Holmes, Nelson Asofa-Solomona, Te Maire Martin and Joseph Tapine.
    However, after claiming the No.7 jersey for Saturday's Round 1 clash with Parramatta, he aims to ease the ball-playing pressure on Burton in a bid to boost Canterbury's attack in 2024.

“I think everyone can see the attributes he [Burton] has and it’s exciting," Hutchison said.

"Our combination will grow just through conversations with each other and understanding how we like the ball, and how each other plays.

“We’ve all seen his long-kicking game, and [again] I’m happy to let him completely take control of that and the benefit it will have on our side.

"He's such an athlete and a good sort of presence, and that's the role he is going to be playing; taking those opportunities when he sees it.”

By pairing Burton with Hutchison, Bulldogs coach Cameron Ciraldo has opted for the halves combination favoured by most NRL clubs - a running five-eighth and a ball-dominant halfback to head into the 2024 season.

The Bulldogs were unsettled in the halfback position last year, with Kyle Flanagan and Toby Sexton taking turns throughout the season as Ciraldo searched for the right player to partner Burton.

After five seasons at the Roosters and two with the Dragons, as well as a stint in England with Leigh, Hutchinson has made the switch to Belmore in order to play consistently in the chief playmaker role.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Sat Mar 09, 2024 8:11 am

Thank you for posting MTBs good oil
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Sat Mar 09, 2024 8:18 am

The 3rd man in to a tackle who lifts a leg and drives is being stamped out in the Nrl isn't it ? Just watching the super league Leigh v Leeds this morning and it's not yet policed. Can see why it has to be though.
    Loomer
    Loomer
    Fanatic

Post by Loomer Sat Mar 09, 2024 8:18 am

my tv broke wrote:Hutch going to bomb for sure.

Btw he said hes going to let burton do all the long kicking

I've just changed back to Kiraz instead of Niu and Hutch to bench Cowboy forward. Which out of McIntyre and Finefeuiaki has best minutes and points potential do we think?
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Sat Mar 09, 2024 8:19 am

Camo123 wrote:

Yes I’m beating someone Laughing

487/11(c)

I haven’t really had any massively low scores bar popular Piakura and Papenhuyzen. All the cheapies in EMG (Chan, Strange, Levi) so it’s just mostly some of my guns that have underperformed (Grant, Cleary)

i'm the same 551/13(c) & it's grant & ponga mainly who have underperformed but part of the reason i went for them were their price point so i could if necessary move them on to almost anyone but it's not necessary atm. i'm expecting both to improve...ponga a nice away game vs the cowboys who looked pretty ordinary in the trials & the storm play the warriors at home & they always thrash them so both should get increased attacking opportunities.
    Finch
    Finch

Post by Finch Sat Mar 09, 2024 8:19 am

mattnz wrote:Hmmmm... well this is annoying....

Bulldogs journeyman Drew Hutchinson has backed himself to become the team's chief playmaker in order to free up halves partner Matt Burton.

Sounds like lots of Try Assists then Laughing Laughing
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Sat Mar 09, 2024 8:19 am

Burton outkicked Hutchinson in the trial about 600m to 50m, this was always likely. Mind you, the ratio for Hunt and Flanagan was about the same while they were on together.
    Finch
    Finch

Post by Finch Sat Mar 09, 2024 8:21 am

FWIW: Egan & Capewell going for scans, Egan elbow and Capewell maybe Rib Cartilage

First of all, I'm "Glad" Egan didn't get an HIA last night, injury sucks no doubt, but for the sake of his health an elbow injury is better.

If Egan is out, will be interesting to see what happens. Lussick will be a hooker, but will the coach run CHT there as well? Perhaps Walker/Jazz? Or I'm hoping he will pick Roache... (Who isn't in the Fantasy system yet)

Capewell out, might mean Barnett into 2nd Row.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Sat Mar 09, 2024 8:28 am

Finch wrote:FWIW: Egan & Capewell going for scans, Egan elbow and Capewell maybe Rib Cartilage

First of all, I'm "Glad" Egan didn't get an HIA last night, injury sucks no doubt, but for the sake of his health an elbow injury is better.

If Egan is out, will be interesting to see what happens. Lussick will be a hooker, but will the coach run CHT there as well? Perhaps Walker/Jazz? Or I'm hoping he will pick Roache...

gotta feel sorry for egan he has the heart of a lion & the warriors attacking edge has reduced quite a bit because he creates indecision in the defense...when i dislocated my elbow in a game it was the same sort of situation where my arm was trapped in a tackle & my team mate fell on it lucky we were near a hospital so didn't have to put up with the pain too much but the best bit was i got a glow in the dark cast boom
    Snatchpato
    Snatchpato

Post by Snatchpato Sat Mar 09, 2024 8:29 am

Reflecting on the lack of McMinutes last night:

All of Hazelton, Williams, and Kaufusi played way more minutes than usual. Both back rowers played 80 as well which Wilton doesn’t always do. I’m pretty concerned that Fitz doesn’t care about having a captain on the field for big portions of the game, though Nicho was pretty annoying as stand in captain. They won though, so perhaps more of the same moving forward? I think I’ll give Cam until his bye to move him on. Hopefully see some 50-60 minute games in the next few weeks. His PPM was there, just needs the role.
    Shady2K
    Shady2K

Post by Shady2K Sat Mar 09, 2024 8:29 am

Egan has the potential to be the best hooker in the league if he didn’t get injured so much

Imagine if Penrith never let him go
    Shady2K
    Shady2K

Post by Shady2K Sat Mar 09, 2024 8:31 am

Snatchpato wrote:Reflecting on the lack of McMinutes last night:

All of Hazelton, Williams, and Kaufusi played way more minutes than usual. Both back rowers played 80 as well which Wilton doesn’t always do. I’m pretty concerned that Fitz doesn’t care about having a captain on the field for big portions of the game, though Nicho was pretty annoying as stand in captain. They won though, so perhaps more of the same moving forward? I think I’ll give Cam until his bye to move him on. Hopefully see some 50-60 minute games in the next few weeks. His PPM was there, just needs the role.

He didn’t get injured more importantly, could easily pump out 60 next week but then he’s just plodding at averages. Don’t think he’ll lose us much cash but won’t make much either, he’s just there

Unless Fitz starts running a utility

He’s an easy stepping stone I think to the next flavour of the week
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Sat Mar 09, 2024 8:32 am

Shady2K wrote:Egan has the potential to be the best hooker in the league if he didn’t get injured so much

it was just a 1 in a 100 accident i had nothing to do with his injury proneness but i agree the heart of a lion & the body of a tissue
    Finch
    Finch

Post by Finch Sat Mar 09, 2024 8:34 am

Shady2K wrote:Egan has the potential to be the best hooker in the league if he didn’t get injured so much

Agreed, Kiwis trying to get him Very Happy
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Sat Mar 09, 2024 8:37 am

So what was the story with May? Did he have an IRL great game (ie where non fantasy players would be talking about how good he was), or did things just kind of fall his way and hes a good fantasy scorer? Obvs i do not expect these scores every week, nice to get off to a good start there though.

Hoping for unbiased opinions Wink
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Sat Mar 09, 2024 8:39 am

Revraiser wrote:The 3rd man in to a tackle who lifts a leg and drives is being stamped out in the Nrl isn't it ? Just watching the super league Leigh v Leeds this morning and it's not yet policed. Can see why it has to be though.

Rhyse Martin carving up. Fantasy god if he comes back to NRL with the Dolphins next year as rumoured.
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Sat Mar 09, 2024 8:43 am

my tv broke wrote:So what was the story with May? Did he have an IRL great game (ie where non fantasy players would be talking about how good he was), or did things just kind of fall his way and hes a good fantasy scorer? Obvs i do not expect these scores every week, nice to get off to a good start there though.

Yeah, he was really good. A danger every time he touched it and busy both sides of the ball. Would qualify that with saying that Tago and To'o were anonymous and there'll be weeks when they look like the stars instead
    Bullbender
    Bullbender

Post by Bullbender Sat Mar 09, 2024 8:43 am

my tv broke wrote:So what was the story with May? Did he have an IRL great game (ie where non fantasy players would be talking about how good he was), or did things just kind of fall his way and hes a good fantasy scorer? Obvs i do not expect these scores every week, nice to get off to a good start there though.

Non owner and he was better IRL than in fantasy, he was the one shining light, tore them to shreds a few times and always looked dangerous. Dont know what mumma may is feeding her boys but both beasts in round 1
    precursor
    precursor

Post by precursor Sat Mar 09, 2024 8:44 am

Re: the article Matt posted, I find it a bit contradictory unless my idea of a running number 6 is wrong. I would think a running number 6 indicates a halfback who dominates the kick meters. If Burton dominates the kicking then he's not just running is he

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 4:11 pm