NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 7 - Vegas, Baby

Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 7 - Vegas, Baby - Page 50 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 7 - Vegas, Baby

Post by Revraiser Mon Mar 04, 2024 9:39 am

easytiger wrote:

Presume not in NZ?

I get feedback when I buy a bunch of 3 bananas that we won't get through them...

Lady fingers / Island bananas are a different story

Bananas do get quite a bit more discussion than you'd think in our house. Its either "you are not eating them, see this over ripe pongy banana has been here for days", or "you've eaten all the bananas again". Which leads to a discussion when shopping "u won't eat them so buy 2", or " let's grab 6" ... I would love to see the documented stats on bananas and their % in divorce instigation.

*I hate I have to say it, but pls no one think I'm taking any racist comments lightly, I'm highly against any form of racism.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 7 - Vegas, Baby - Page 50 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 7 - Vegas, Baby

Post by White Lightning Mon Mar 04, 2024 9:47 am

on racism the media is so hypocrytical they'll be all over this "monkey" comment but every day we all listen to rappers who dish out the word "nigger" left right & centre but the media is quiet
    just like when america blew up the russian pipeline creating an environmental disaster...where was the media, the environmentalists on this subject
    my point is when the self interest/virtual signalling suits them they are all over it
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Mon Mar 04, 2024 9:50 am

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 7 - Vegas, Baby - Page 50 Giphy
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms
    Fanatic

Post by multiple.scoregasms Mon Mar 04, 2024 9:53 am

mattnz wrote:

His usual 50 minutes from last season would be a reasonable expectation.

You mean the minutes he played as a rookie will never increase for his entire career?
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Mon Mar 04, 2024 9:53 am

Revraiser wrote:

Bananas do get quite a bit more discussion than you'd think in our house. Its either "you are not eating them, see this over ripe pongy banana has been here for days", or "you've eaten all the bananas again". Which leads to a discussion when shopping "u won't eat them so buy 2", or " let's grab 6" ... I would love to see the documented stats on bananas and their % in divorce instigation.

*I hate I have to say it, but pls no one think I'm taking any racist comments lightly, I'm highly against any form of racism.

How do you like your banana?
    barely ripe - firm, pale yellow with light green at the top
    ripe - easily peel-able; medium-yellow, no (or few) brown spots
    very ripe - soft but not mushy; a mix of yellow with brown spots
    overripe - soft, mushy interior; highly spotted with brown or entirely brown
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Mon Mar 04, 2024 9:54 am

multiple.scoregasms wrote:

You mean the minutes he played as a rookie will never increase for his entire career?

No, but in game 1 this season, it looked to be the minutes he was on track to receive before the Sitili injury.
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms
    Fanatic

Post by multiple.scoregasms Mon Mar 04, 2024 9:55 am

mattnz wrote:

I was just thinking, he has to be one of the most improved players from rookie season to now.

His first 6 fantasy scores included -2, 10 and 15 in 80 minutes.

Mitch Moses first season isn't pretty reading. Would never have predicted fantasy gun trajectory
    easytiger
    easytiger

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2022

Post by easytiger Mon Mar 04, 2024 9:58 am

Chewie wrote:

Cavendish are way to chalky to eat barely ripe imo
    Ripe is good
    Very ripe is eat if desperate, or wait until they are...
    ...Overripe - this is making banana-cake territory
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Mon Mar 04, 2024 9:58 am

There was one guy who played 3 games in his first season, for scores of 22, 5 and 6

Because of this many people were sceptical about running with him in his second season, but those who took the punt on Payne Haas were well rewarded (and everyone else traded him in before his 2nd game)
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Mon Mar 04, 2024 9:59 am

Milchcow wrote:
    There was one guy who played 3 games in his first season, for scores of 22, 5 and 6

Because of this many people were sceptical about running with him in his second season, but those who took the punt on Payne Haas were well rewarded (and everyone else traded him in before his 2nd game)

He got injured in at least 2 of those games from memory
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Mon Mar 04, 2024 10:00 am

Chewie wrote:

Probably in between option b and c. My eye test never fails. But once past it's passed, the Mrs can have the over ripened ones.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Mon Mar 04, 2024 10:02 am

I guess Terrell May is the big question from the weekend.
    We all knew he could put up big scores if given the minutes, but I assume most people questioned how often he would get the minutes.

1 game where he got extra time in part because of 2 injuries I don't think is enough to panic trade him in.
    On the plus side, Roosters are a bye friendly team, so adding him to however many Roosters you already have shouldn't be a big problem
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Mon Mar 04, 2024 10:03 am

easytiger wrote:

Cavendish are way to chalky to eat barely ripe imo
    Ripe is good
    Very ripe is eat if desperate, or wait until they are...
    ...Overripe - this is making banana-cake territory

Mrs Wookiee has a preference for the barely ripe banana, I personally tend more towards the ripe/very ripe variety
    and as mentioned before, I have a weak spot for Pisang Goreng (fried banana)
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Mon Mar 04, 2024 10:04 am

Milchcow wrote:
    I guess Terrell May is the big question from the weekend.
    We all knew he could put up big scores if given the minutes, but I assume most people questioned how often he would get the minutes.

1 game where he got extra time in part because of 2 injuries I don't think is enough to panic trade him in.
    On the plus side, Roosters are a bye friendly team, so adding him to however many Roosters you already have shouldn't be a big problem

We did find out that May is top dog over Leniu, even if starting and when guys like Whyte are playing they get minimal minutes.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Mon Mar 04, 2024 10:06 am

I personally hate bananas. There, I said it.
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Mon Mar 04, 2024 10:06 am

Chewie wrote:

Mrs Wookiee has a preference for the barely ripe banana, I personally tend more towards the ripe/very ripe variety
    and as mentioned before, I have a weak spot for Pisang Goreng (fried banana)

My wife loves fried bananas, will have a whole bowl of them (where lots of ours go when bought).
    easytiger
    easytiger

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2022

Post by easytiger Mon Mar 04, 2024 10:07 am

mattnz wrote:

No, but in game 1 this season, it looked to be the minutes he was on track to receive before the Sitili injury.

I've just worked out Edge minute averages for last year:
    NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 7 - Vegas, Baby - Page 50 Screen31

Lower quartile is 71.8mins (equivalent to one 80min edge, one at 64 mins)

IF the Rooters went lower than North Queensland last year at say 68 minutes;
    That would be enough for one 80min edge, one 56minute edge.

Anything lower would be pretty radical compared to what we've seen (noting that the Roosters were a very conventional 74ish minutes average last year)

If the 56 minute edge was Wong at his 0.69PPM (without any improvement), that would give a 38 point average, or about 6 points of upside.

Of course, those are averages across a season and don't really account for individual selections (e.g. Nat Butcher on the edge is almost always going to get 80, whereas both Sitili and Wong may be less likely)

TLDR: On a historical basis, there doesn't seem any reason to panic about the Roosters edges
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Mon Mar 04, 2024 10:07 am

mattnz wrote:
    Milchcow wrote:

He got injured in at least 2 of those games from memory

Possibly, certainly the last 2 of those games he only played 9 minutes for whatever reason.

The biggest issue with his breakout season was he didn't play a game until round 5, so nobody started the season with him. And it was a bit more understandable to question spending a trade to bring him in when he got his first start
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Mon Mar 04, 2024 10:09 am

easytiger wrote:

I've just worked out Edge minute averages for last year:
    NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 7 - Vegas, Baby - Page 50 Screen31

Lower quartile is 71.8mins (equivalent to one 80min edge, one at 64 mins)

IF the Rooters went lower than North Queensland last year at say 68 minutes;
    That would be enough for one 80min edge, one 56minute edge.

Anything lower would be pretty radical compared to what we've seen (noting that the Roosters were a very conventional 74ish minutes average last year)

If the 56 minute edge was Wong at his 0.69PPM (without any improvement), that would give a 38 point average, or about 6 points of upside.

Of course, those are averages across a season and don't really account for individual selections (e.g. Nat Butcher on the edge is almost always going to get 80, whereas both Sitili and Wong may be less likely)

TLDR: On a historical basis, there doesn't seem any reason to panic about the Roosters edges

Roosters are in a similar situation to Panthers when they had Kikau, Capewell and Martin, with an abundance of guys who should all be first grade starters and ended up all getting limited minutes to fit them in.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Mon Mar 04, 2024 10:09 am

mattnz wrote:

We did find out that May is top dog over Leniu, even if starting and when guys like Whyte are playing they get minimal minutes.

I think after yesterdays game and the disruptions, it's just too hard to gauge how the minutes will work. Plus, Robbo is always a tricky fucker. He said he wants Leniu as a starter so don't think that will change and who knows if May's minutes will continue.

Although, May could be what IPap was his first year at the Eels coming off the bench averaging over 50 and 50 plus minutes, or whatever it is. Hard to tell yet.

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 8:33 pm