NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

Obbeats

OB
    OB

Obbeats - Page 2 Empty Re: Obbeats

Post by OB Sat Mar 23, 2024 11:25 pm

So far at 758/13c. Pretty damn happy with that. I do have Shoes looped in for at 16 points and 1 player.  So 774/14c

Rapana, Fogarty, teddy, kiraz, may, Robson and Cleary all firing pretty well. Excited to see McInnes minutes. Salmon and Hutch actually did alright, Piakura was on track but got moved out of position, Others I'm satisfied comparatively.

Currently 2687th up from around 54000th, and 16th in FOG from 141st. More games to come - I still have Burbo, Paps, lussick to go but should end with a good round score and a generous overall rank rise.

Edit: With kiraz/hutcho updates I'm at 785/14c. And watched the Sharks - Tigers game this morning. Makes sense that McInnes got 60+ minutes given they went down to one on the bench. Not as encouraging as I first thought.

Maybe this week it will Levi -> Galvin and Chan -> Fine (if his spot ends up in jeopardy? Will have to see if I have the funds to do that.
    OB
    OB

Post by OB Mon Mar 25, 2024 11:04 pm

Post updates I ended up with 877 points for the round. Now ranked 6094th up just shy of 50k ranks. My best round rank I've had of 303rd.

Easily makes up for the past two weeks of middling to bad scores, and am well on track of being in the top 1000 by year's end - my goal.

1-17

Robson (54): Pretty much doing what I was hoping from him. Out averaging Grant so far for a decent chunk of change less. Making a little money, but that's not really the point. Late bye, good origin schedule (if not picked), and just super consistent so far.

Mcinnes (51): finally the minutes I was hoping for. It's concerning that it took them going down to 1 on the bench for it to happen, but may see an increased role now that they might have a couple players out. Nothing to panic about and his price is just in a holding pattern. I mean if he just keeps scoring according to his price of 50, that's not a bad downside at all.

May (50): Good score - good minutes. There's a reason everyone has him.

Tatola (41): Got the minutes, but not the output really. Uninspiring, but not an emergency. Hopefully as his match fitness comes in for the year he will be able to pick things up.

Salmon (37): Making money - not changing the world but one of the better round 1 cows out there so far.

Piakura (30): sick of the set backs but not going anywhere will just take longer than expected.

Cleary (75): Oop there it is, but now that he's injured should probably move him on. The two major options I'm considering are Ponga or Hynes. Positives and negatives to each. Waiting for TLT and I'll make my decisions.

Fogarty (62): Keeps on keeping on. Everything I wanted from him so far.

Kris (Looper): Allowed me to run a loop.

Kiraz (89): Amazing stuff from Jacob. Super happy and righted his trajectory very nicely. DPP between him and Kris give me lots of flexibility and avoids the issues many others are having with their CTR and WFBs, meaning I didn't have to cop Strange's score.

Paps (51) Very solid from Paps. Hopefully he can keep it up and maybe even reclaim kicking would be a bonus.

Teddy (71): Teddy's back! Excellent start to the year. Glad I picked him over Turbo or Ponga, gives me the opportunity to now potentially buy them at a discount, which is compounded benefit on top of Ted.

Rapana (61): Excellent stuff from Raps. Should keep his price moving in the right direction. Easy to move him on when the time comes, but for now good signs. He was looking a lot more fit this week.

INT

Lussick (28): Not the best from the new recruit to my team, but he will have these from time to time. Game didn't suit him scoring well. Not stressed.

Hutchison (37): Totally fine. Just need one good game where he gets more attacking stats. Find it funny that so many people are freaking out over him, but he has had a hand in most of Bulldogs tries, just not the last pass. Often the second last pass and misses the TA. He has a very high ceiling in the right game and still have faith he will have a very good game soon enough.

Sitili (33): Just not good enough so far. Praying for some attacking stats soon. At least he isn't losing money. Was probably going to move him on this week if not for the Cleary news. Still may but probably going to move Levi first. Will see how the cookie crumbles.

Burbo (15): He just wasn't involved. Used as a decoy runner and cut out of every play down his side. Still, he has made 99k already so happy with that. If he is named along side Schuster this week will probably punt over Sitili and Levi as I don't want him going backwards.

EMG

Shoes (17 - Looped in): Was initially going to run the loop between Strange and Salmon and play Chan, but when there were whispers about Chan potentially being dropped I moved Salmon to EDG, Chan into 20 and Shoes into the loop as I didn't want Strange's 12. Shoes only did marginally better and turns out I should have taken Levi's score instead. Not to stressed about his scores and am hoping that the Dogs will increase his minutes as he warms to first grade. They would be crazy not to. Need his big body.

Strange (12): Obviously this is within his range of outcomes. If he doesn't pick it up I might move him on. Particularly if I move to a Ponga or Turbo and have outside back cover.

Chan (DNP): Not so sure he gets his spot back, but will wait for Round 5 team lists before I make any decisions on him.

Levi (25): Not too inspiring. Still hasn't really made his historic PPM without tries. May be first on the chopping block for Galvin. Need to make cash, and I don't see that coming from Levi

Will post when TLT comes out tomorrow regarding more in depth trade thoughts.

Again, super happy about the round, and honestly didn't think I'd make up so much ground in one week. Especially in the FOG where I made over a hundred ranks.
    OB
    OB

Post by OB Tue Mar 26, 2024 6:26 pm

Have managed to avoid a majority of the carnage this week. Only Cleary and Piakura out along with Chan and Paps on the bye. Have 17 green dots before trades.

Allows me to move on Cleary and Shitili or Levi. I think I'll try and hold onto Piakura till he returns. Don't particularly want to use two trades on him when I don't really need the cover.

Trade in options are as follows:

Galvin - Definitely coming in for me. Not really any questions or explanations required.

Hynes - my initial knee jerk reaction was Cleary to Hynes, but the more I think about it, the less I like it. Would leave me with over 2 million on the sidelines between him McInnes and Piakura for the Sharks bye. Can wait and use the money ITB to move to him or Cleary once they are both back/done with byes.

KPP - this keeps more money in the bank however I am a little suss on how much value is there. The 60 was good, but will he keep that up or was this more of an upside game? That said he made this score without a try so you would expect him to have a higher upside.

Campbell - Could wait a week for him, but then again I do want to conserve trades if I can, and definitely want him in, maybe now is the right time then no trades next week.

Definitely keeping an eye on Iro and Blaize, could be nice pickups for Chan, Levi, Shitili or Strange in coming weeks.

C will most likely go onto McInnes for me this week, but Dogs also a candidate. Not really considering Teddy as an option as he is due a quiet game, especially against the Panthers.

Any thoughts or opinions of these moves very welcome.
    OB
    OB

Post by OB Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:52 pm

Landed on:

Cleary > Galvin
    Levi > KPP

C on M(C)Innes
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Sun Mar 31, 2024 3:02 pm

Looks pretty solid OB - good luck today
    OB
    OB

Post by OB Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:26 am

This week was somewhere between not bad and pretty good depending on which ranking I am looking at. Went from around 7000th to ~3900 in overall rank, but dropped a couple of spots in FOG to 41st from 39th. Means we did quite a bit better on here than the regular punter. Scored 735.

Robson (43): Down game for him. Was pretty much a pretty meh tacklebot, but I am seeing this (read: hoping) as a floor game.

McInnes (C) (70): Very happy that I captained him - was my highest scorer so nailed this choice. The only other viable option for captain outside of him was Cook, but I don't think very many did that.

Tatola (41): same score as last week - read last week's entry. Still making some money so keep calm, carry on.

"Bodyslam" May (65): Chuffed. Good Score. Next.

Salmon (21): Another game like round 1. Seemed like he was on track for another ~30, and more room for growth. Not lighting the world up but making money and should go close to 150k banked if he keeps going on with it. Would be good to get him back to the EMG at some point but probably won't be until Piakura comes back.

KPP (53): Gettin' it done. Super happy with my new recruit. Seems like he will be a consistent fringe keeper. If he can start getting some attacking stats, even the potential to be a fully fledged keeper.

Fogarty (63): Great score this week. Probably due a bit of a down game soon, but looks highly likely to keep his average somewhere between 55-60. So far seeming to be going above and beyond expectation.

Galvin (44): Seems very consistent so far. Amazing to see a kid come in and instantly become the highest averaging 5/8th. Happy with the trade in, but disappointed with the suspension. Holding.

Burbo (22): Seems to be getting less minutes each week. Need to move him on, but might wait til next week, may pull the trigger as my second trade to Blaize. Have to weigh my options.

Kiraz (23): Swings and roundabouts. Holding on for his 90 next week.

Kris (18): Pretty bad score. That said, the Raiders just didn't go down his edge. He will have better games. Standard sort of outside back floor game. Unfortunately it seems like all of my outside backs had their floor games all in 1 round. Not panicking.

Teddy (32): Was bound to come back to earth at some point.

Rapana (34): Could have copy pasted the same spiel for all of my WFBs, really. Looked like he was on track for a pretty bad score. His only involvements for a good chunk of the game consisted of kick returns and early set runs down the middle. Not exactly what you want to see from fullbacks. He did have a good bump later game to move his score from abysmal to acceptable.

INT

Lussick (22): Pretty poor since I brought him in. Historically averages a lot higher so not going to knee jerk over it... yet.

Tupouniua (32): A par score with a try. Moved himself from a want to move on to a need to move on with a relegation to the bench.

Hutchison (45): This is more like it from Hutcho. Should mean he hits and acceptable amount of money gained to be happy to exchange for a trade.

Strange (37): Similar to Hutch (but for a lot less). Going to keep riding this train all the way until the station. Probably trading him just before the Raider's bye. Can I just say that he has excellent tackle technique. Just chops guys down around the hips.

EMG

Piakura (DNP): Holding.

Paps (BYE): Carry on.

Shoes (Cool: Not great minutes, hopefully this week starting will see his minutes increase. Definitely not going to put money on it, though.

Chan (BYE): going to hold for now to see if he keeps the spot. Could move him to Blaize, but would rather not spend the trade and see him back next week.

Right now I have Tups -> Brown. I do want to move on Burbo, but none of the options excite me. If I were to ditch him it would be to Blaize, but again, not sold on that move. About 50k short of going to Gutho, so will probably just hold the trade.

If I use only 1 trade it will bring me to 5 trades used for the season. Would like to hold as many as possible especially given the luxury that most don't have.
    Cap'n Ranta
    Cap'n Ranta

Post by Cap'n Ranta Wed Apr 03, 2024 10:44 pm

Love the updates and congrats on the great ranking.

Brown trade for Tups is brilliant - no need to overthink that one Smile

But feel your pain - apart from Blaize the other cashdown options aren't really there. I'm a big fan but really think this is the last week to get on him for any chance of 150k. Only issue is apart from Burbo who isnt really urgent I'm not seeing a tradeout though so it does feel a tad forced. Good luck with whatever choice you make!

OB
    OB

Post by OB Fri Apr 05, 2024 7:01 am

I've landed on Gutho in over Browny. See more upside in Clint and leaves a good chunk of extra change in the bank for my move on Hynes/Cleary in coming weeks. Held Chan and going to ride the week out with just 1 trade. Positional coverage didn't matter.
    OB
    OB

Post by OB Sat Apr 06, 2024 11:23 am

I'm pulling the trigger on a mid round trade of Lussick to Blaize - freeing up the cash for next week to move Teddy and Shitili to Hynes and Angus. I switched the Sitili > Gutho trade to Burbo > Gutho on the news that Sitili was starting - most likely was a mistake given how the game went.
    Disappointed that Teddy loses all of his cash gains and back to his starting price, and not really into the trading of Guns, but if I don't move now it will be hard to get Hynes or Cleary in coming rounds.
    OB
    OB

Post by OB Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:36 pm

Been a little bit since I posted an update. I didn't end up ditching Lussick 2 weeks ago fortunately, and ended up moving on Burbo.

Last week I traded Teddy to Hynes and Sitili to Angus. Very happy with those moves overall.

This week I'm thinking:

Talagi > Iro
    Rapana > Jolliffe
    Hutcho > Chester

Giving me:

Robson
    McInnes May Jolliffe
    Angus KPP
    Hynes Fogarty
    Kiraz Iro
    Pap Gutho Chester

Lussick Strange Galvin Salmon
    Kris Hughes Chan Piakura

Had a shit week the week before last. Only just a little over 600, and last week 866 - about middle of the road. Not the score I wanted when selling Cleary.

I am feeling happy with the makeup of team now and really only have Chan that I'm not really happy to be holding. Will look to hold as as many trades I can over the coming weeks. Holding Piakura through the 4 weeks will hopefully pay off.

I was concerned about my CTR/WFB position through the Raiders bye with Strange and Kris, which leads me to Chester and Iro. Chester is an insurance policy incase Iro gets dropped before the Raiders are have a week off. And Jolliffe has value, will be a pretty strong scorer and covers me for the dogs bye when Shoes and Salmon are away.
    Ando
    Ando

Post by Ando Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:03 pm

No interest in Waddell? Could provide similar points to Jolliffe for much cheaper, leaves an extra 175k for future upgrades.

Jolliffe's average inflated by tries and Golden Point and his role could quickly change whilst Des looks to find a winning formula?

3 x 45's from Waddell will give you 100k
    OB
    OB

Post by OB Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:43 pm

Ando wrote:No interest in Waddell? Could provide similar points to Jolliffe for much cheaper, leaves an extra 175k for  future upgrades.

Jolliffe's average inflated by tries and Golden Point and his role could quickly change whilst Des looks to find a winning formula?

3 x 45's from Waddell will give you 100k

I was definitely thinking for a good portion of the last couple days my trade would be Waddell, but the news of Burbo probably back in 3 weeks concerns me. Jolliffe has a 0.91ppm for 50min+ games (sample of 11, slightly higher ppm in shorter stints). 55mins+ is what I'm looking for from him and I see him getting it. He's been looking like one of their better forwards with Tino out.

I guess my thinking is that there is a better chance that Jolliffe keeps a consistent 55+ minute role than Waddell taking Burbo's spot. If he does, I have a borderline keeper ~8 points of value I can use to get me through round 14 and 16 if need be compared to Waddell who has a decent chance of being a trade out in 3 weeks.

Might be wrong, and I may change my mind before lockouts, but that's my thinking right now.

I do have enough to get Jolliffe and Waddell as well instead of one of Iro or Chester. Might be the play but want to stew on that. Current arrangement allows me to potentially minimise trades for more weeks.
    OB
    OB

Post by OB Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:25 am

I ended up going with Waddell over Chester last week.

This week I tentatively have:

Fog > Chester
    Gutho > Cleary

Just don't trust Gutho's knee. It's either him or Lussick but seems like Gutho could potentially lose more cash. I would love to have used only one trade this week, and have spent most of the week with Fog to Bateman, but between wanting to get Gutho out and Cleary in I think I should just pull the trigger. Chester facilitates that. I was looking at Fuller, but leaves me a few thousand short for Cleary.

Still need another WFB or CTR for the Raiders bye, but I can sort that next week.

Currently the team is:

Robson
    Jolliffe May McInnes
    Angus KPP
    Cleary Hynes
    Iro Strange
    Pap Chester Kris

Galvin Waddell Piakura Salmon*
    Chan* Lussick* Kiraz Shoes

*: Loop

Leaves 40k ITB.
    StuDogg101
    StuDogg101

Post by StuDogg101 Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:14 am

Going straight to Cleary is a great play imo. And your team doesn't suffer for having both him and Hynes. Fingers crossed you can actually get in that WFB and don't have other fires to put out lol
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:20 am

OB wrote:I ended up going with Waddell over Chester last week.

This week I tentatively have:

Fog > Chester
    Gutho > Cleary

Just don't trust Gutho's knee. It's either him or Lussick but seems like Gutho could potentially lose more cash. I would love to have used only one trade this week, and have spent most of the week with Fog to Bateman, but between wanting to get Gutho out and Cleary in I think I should just pull the trigger. Chester facilitates that. I was looking at Fuller, but leaves me a few thousand short for Cleary.

Still need another WFB or CTR for the Raiders bye, but I can sort that next week.

Currently the team is:

Robson
    Jolliffe May McInnes
    Angus KPP
    Cleary Hynes
    Iro Strange
    Pap Chester Kris

Galvin Waddell Piakura Salmon*
    Chan* Lussick* Kiraz Shoes

*: Loop

Leaves 40k ITB.

Cleary could be a mistake for the balance of your team... I reckon you are gonna need some shoring up in your MIDs soon

Why not Haas?

There are other strong options at HLF to consider
    OB
    OB

Post by OB Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:33 pm

The Dolphin Conspiracies wrote:

Cleary could be a mistake for the balance of your team... I reckon you are gonna need some shoring up in your MIDs soon

Why not Haas?

There are other strong options at HLF to consider

In the short-term I have Waddell, Salmon and Shoes to cover MID if needed. Balance is really only an issue if there are injuries and/or suspensions which I can solve as they come up (of course there is always a small chance of late withdrawals, but that is a low chance - middling impact sort of deal).

My weakest positions are WFB/CTR right now, not forward pack. Cleary in also has nothing to do with his position, just that he is one of the two highest scorers in the game, and I can get him back in now without tearing my team apart. If I don't shoot now I would probably not get him until after Origin.

I think a lot of people get fixated on positions of players. I don't really care about a player's position so long as I can field the 17 each week and I get either good value and/or a season long keeper. I'm not saying that having cover isn't important, but if i have a week here or there that I risk a late out leaving me a man down, I'm not too stressed if it also means I make a highly profitable* play.

*Profitable in terms of $$ or points - they are essentially the same thing if you are not leaving much money in the bank or EMG.

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:54 pm