NRL Fantasy Fanatics



Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

    NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 5 - No one will miss him

    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

    Posts : 13432
    Reputation : 5912
    Join date : 2019-07-24

    NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 5 - No one will miss him - Page 4 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 5 - No one will miss him

    Post by Rabbits21 Mon Feb 26, 2024 2:45 am

    Bethany_B wrote:

    Given how little value there seems to be at WFB, it may be necessary to get one gun. I probably wouldn't pay up for Ponga but that 600-700k range has a few options
    Do you like Teddy as an option?
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

    Posts : 12921
    Reputation : 9379
    Join date : 2019-01-30

    NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 5 - No one will miss him - Page 4 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 5 - No one will miss him

    Post by Camo123 Mon Feb 26, 2024 4:38 am

    Mulvy wrote:

    Easy, just cover with with Weekes. His job security is rock solid. Rolling Eyes

    Think a CTR/WFB is actually the best cover and just take Burbo’s score if you have enough other CTRs. He’s got good job security (in the fact he’s likely on the bench if not starting)
    Welsh Mafia
    Welsh Mafia

    Posts : 2479
    Reputation : 1437
    Join date : 2021-02-27
    Age : 31
    Location : Christchurch

    NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 5 - No one will miss him - Page 4 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 5 - No one will miss him

    Post by Welsh Mafia Mon Feb 26, 2024 6:01 am

    hey lads, back for another season! Enjoyed following the chat recently and the content as ever.

    Currently in the process of building a team and find the last few pages are giving me some serious PTSD. I traded Hopgod out last year at around rd10 when his minutes dropped, and refused to bring him back after ding cheese in and out already. Cost me a top 100 in the end out of pure stubbornness. Lining up a team and I'm thinking it's time to swallow the pride.

    Currently sitting with Haas and Grant up top as I missed Grant last year to start, and he gunned it. No other HOK potential and I think the eels option is going to end in heart break one way or the other. Cheese is my backup (lol). So it's either a weaker starting hooker and hopgod/haas, or grant and one of them.

    Let's get the good old tu/td started in the TLT1 week. Great to be back!

    TU: Haas
    TD: Hopgod
    kamikamicameleons
    kamikamicameleons

    Posts : 673
    Reputation : 583
    Join date : 2023-05-31

    NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 5 - No one will miss him - Page 4 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 5 - No one will miss him

    Post by kamikamicameleons Mon Feb 26, 2024 6:27 am

    What's the thinking around Cotter this year? I see lots seem to have him in their initial teams, is there some reason to think he'll improve on last year? Or just hoping last year was an outlier and he gets back to 2022 averages?
    Holy Moly
    Holy Moly

    Posts : 1136
    Reputation : 709
    Join date : 2020-02-24
    Location : Laniakea

    NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 5 - No one will miss him - Page 4 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 5 - No one will miss him

    Post by Holy Moly Mon Feb 26, 2024 7:32 am

    kamikamicameleons wrote:What's the thinking around Cotter this year? I see lots seem to have him in their initial teams, is there some reason to think he'll improve on last year? Or just hoping last year was an outlier and he gets back to 2022 averages?

    It might be a lack of decent money making mids. Cotter's price is reasonable and he'll have no byes til Origin. I don't have him anymore coz I don't see much money making potential.
    OB
    OB

    Posts : 908
    Reputation : 1028
    Join date : 2023-06-11
    Age : 36
    Location : Melbourne

    NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 5 - No one will miss him - Page 4 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 5 - No one will miss him

    Post by OB Mon Feb 26, 2024 7:48 am

    @my tv broke, I was going through some players on your site and noticed that Starford To'a's page is broken. Tried on a couple of browsers (both on phone with and without desktop mode). The filters section isn't loading and his stat average section under each column doesn't seem to be there. Chance it's just me, but I thought I'd let you know.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy
    Moderator

    Posts : 22252
    Reputation : 13596
    Join date : 2016-01-26
    Location : Mulvania

    NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 5 - No one will miss him - Page 4 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 5 - No one will miss him

    Post by Mulvy Mon Feb 26, 2024 7:51 am

    Obbeats wrote:@my tv broke, I was going through some players on your site and noticed that Starford To'a's page is broken. Tried on a couple of browsers (both on phone with and without desktop mode). The filters section isn't loading and his stat average section under each column doesn't seem to be there. Chance it's just me, but I thought I'd let you know.

    It's not you, I noticed that too. Cheers MTB if it's fixable.
    Welsh Mafia
    Welsh Mafia

    Posts : 2479
    Reputation : 1437
    Join date : 2021-02-27
    Age : 31
    Location : Christchurch

    NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 5 - No one will miss him - Page 4 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 5 - No one will miss him

    Post by Welsh Mafia Mon Feb 26, 2024 7:51 am

    kamikamicameleons wrote:What's the thinking around Cotter this year? I see lots seem to have him in their initial teams, is there some reason to think he'll improve on last year? Or just hoping last year was an outlier and he gets back to 2022 averages?

    Plus captaincy, we are hoping for a few extra minutes and added rresponsibility
    Mulvy
    Mulvy
    Moderator

    Posts : 22252
    Reputation : 13596
    Join date : 2016-01-26
    Location : Mulvania

    NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 5 - No one will miss him - Page 4 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 5 - No one will miss him

    Post by Mulvy Mon Feb 26, 2024 7:54 am

    Cotter only needs a few extra points to be a keeper until the byes. Don't have to find 10 points of value on every player.
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

    Posts : 9339
    Reputation : 6775
    Join date : 2016-08-21

    NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 5 - No one will miss him - Page 4 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 5 - No one will miss him

    Post by WT Winfield Mon Feb 26, 2024 7:58 am

    Holy Moly wrote:

    It might be a lack of decent money making mids. Cotter's price is reasonable and he'll have no byes til Origin.  I don't have him anymore coz I don't see much money making potential.

    I was thinking I might downgrade Cotter if I need ~100k after TLT2, but with Hess going down last night, I reckon his stocks have risen enough to hold. Not much value if he only averages 46-48, but I'm hoping he can hit the 50 and be a set and forget MID with no byes until the second half of the season when I can upgrade.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

    Posts : 27996
    Reputation : 20548
    Join date : 2016-01-08

    NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 5 - No one will miss him - Page 4 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 5 - No one will miss him

    Post by my tv broke Mon Feb 26, 2024 8:05 am

    Obbeats wrote:@my tv broke, I was going through some players on your site and noticed that Starford To'a's page is broken. Tried on a couple of browsers (both on phone with and without desktop mode). The filters section isn't loading and his stat average section under each column doesn't seem to be there. Chance it's just me, but I thought I'd let you know.

    oh, yeah - i have seen that before. i think the nrl/fantasy gave him the null null treatment. i'll try to fix that today.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

    Posts : 27996
    Reputation : 20548
    Join date : 2016-01-08

    NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 5 - No one will miss him - Page 4 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 5 - No one will miss him

    Post by my tv broke Mon Feb 26, 2024 8:06 am

    Bethany_B wrote:

    Given how little value there seems to be at WFB, it may be necessary to get one gun. I probably wouldn't pay up for Ponga but that 600-700k range has a few options

    im thinking its going to be necessary to Papy + Teddy/Edwards/Ttrbo + mid range.

    THEGAME
    THEGAME

    Posts : 774
    Reputation : 410
    Join date : 2017-02-26
    Age : 45

    NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 5 - No one will miss him - Page 4 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 5 - No one will miss him

    Post by THEGAME Mon Feb 26, 2024 8:07 am

    Who do we think gets Hess’s minutes ?
    GreenSchist
    GreenSchist

    Posts : 825
    Reputation : 757
    Join date : 2023-02-15

    NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 5 - No one will miss him - Page 4 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 5 - No one will miss him

    Post by GreenSchist Mon Feb 26, 2024 8:08 am

    WT Winfield wrote:

    I was thinking I might downgrade Cotter if I need ~100k after TLT2, but with Hess going down last night, I reckon his stocks have risen enough to hold. Not much value if he only averages 46-48, but I'm hoping he can hit the 50 and be a set and forget MID with no byes until the second half of the season when I can upgrade.

    Is it also reasonable to expect a bit more certainty/confidence from Robson and his base stats, in light of the injuries and apparent lack of depth (same reasons as Cotter)?
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

    Posts : 9339
    Reputation : 6775
    Join date : 2016-08-21

    NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 5 - No one will miss him - Page 4 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 5 - No one will miss him

    Post by WT Winfield Mon Feb 26, 2024 8:22 am

    GreenSchist wrote:

    Is it also reasonable to expect a bit more certainty/confidence from Robson and his base stats, in light of the injuries and apparent lack of depth (same reasons as Cotter)?

    Not really sure if it helps Robson, he's pretty much locked in for 80 anyway. Maybe Granny gets some extra minutes and steals a few HK players from Robson, but surely Cows have enough depth that they don't need to play Granny ~40 mins again. 15-25 seems adequate imo.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy
    Moderator

    Posts : 22252
    Reputation : 13596
    Join date : 2016-01-26
    Location : Mulvania

    NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 5 - No one will miss him - Page 4 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 5 - No one will miss him

    Post by Mulvy Mon Feb 26, 2024 8:29 am

    Camo123 wrote:

    Think a CTR/WFB is actually the best cover and just take Burbo’s score if you have enough other CTRs. He’s got good job security (in the fact he’s likely on the bench if not starting)

    Have anyone in mind? Simonnson not a bad price, could see an uptick. Probably a few points undervalued.
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

    Posts : 19881
    Reputation : 7189
    Join date : 2018-03-11
    Location : Your pool

    NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 5 - No one will miss him - Page 4 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 5 - No one will miss him

    Post by mattnz Mon Feb 26, 2024 8:32 am

    my tv broke wrote:

    im thinking its going to be necessary to Papy + Teddy/Edwards/Ttrbo + mid range.


    Thats exactly how I have my WFBs structured.
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

    Posts : 19881
    Reputation : 7189
    Join date : 2018-03-11
    Location : Your pool

    NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 5 - No one will miss him - Page 4 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 5 - No one will miss him

    Post by mattnz Mon Feb 26, 2024 8:34 am

    THEGAME wrote:Who do we think gets Hess’s minutes ?

    Mikaele - didn't just have a great game in this week's trial, was Cowboy's best the week before as well. Scored 60 in both trials.

    Looks like the player we were promised when we all bought him at the Tigers.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy
    Moderator

    Posts : 22252
    Reputation : 13596
    Join date : 2016-01-26
    Location : Mulvania

    NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 5 - No one will miss him - Page 4 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 5 - No one will miss him

    Post by Mulvy Mon Feb 26, 2024 8:34 am

    THEGAME wrote:Who do we think gets Hess’s minutes ?

    After yesterday, one might speculate Mikaele. Gosi has been training well apparently, so could potentially see him or Finefuaki on the bench and Luki to spend some time in the middle, although there was no evidence of that yesterday from what I saw.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy
    Moderator

    Posts : 22252
    Reputation : 13596
    Join date : 2016-01-26
    Location : Mulvania

    NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 5 - No one will miss him - Page 4 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 5 - No one will miss him

    Post by Mulvy Mon Feb 26, 2024 8:38 am

    mattnz wrote:

    Mikaele - didn't just have a great game in this week's trial, was Cowboy's best the week before as well. Scored 60 in both trials.

    Looks like the player we were promised when we all bought him at the Tigers.

    Price a bit steep though at 3511k.

      Current date/time is Fri Jul 19, 2024 9:07 am