NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 5 - No one will miss him

Milchcow
    Milchcow

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 5 - No one will miss him - Page 6 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 5 - No one will miss him

Post by Milchcow Mon Feb 26, 2024 8:23 am

robelgordo wrote:I think today is the day I make a team

It won’t have Mikaele, although I guess if he starts I’d be persuaded. Just atm I would trust Hughes role more for a coin goat mid. And ideally don’t want more than 1.

Even mattnz won't have Mikaele in his team today, because he's not in the system at the moment

He might be slightly over $250k too when he is added, because he scored 19 in his only game last year and discounts for not playing games don't seem to exist any more
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 5 - No one will miss him - Page 6 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 5 - No one will miss him

Post by Milchcow Mon Feb 26, 2024 8:24 am

Come and vote for the community team

https://www.nrlfantasyfanatics.com/t2358-2024-communty-team-voting

We have to create a team before this week's lockout. Not ideal for flexibility but we'll start with one now and see where it goes next week
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Mon Feb 26, 2024 8:33 am

2024 NRL FANTASY LEAGUES REGISTRATION

Time is running out but late comers still have a chance to join! Can't promise anything at this stage, but first in best dressed!

mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Mon Feb 26, 2024 8:36 am

Assuming everyone will need to have 6 $250kish guys, to get a decently balanced side, the options in R1 are looking like.

Backs:

Weekes / Strange
    Kini - may get 1 or at most 2 weeks based on Campbell's own expected return date
    Burbo - may get 1 week as a starter, maybe a few more
    Cotric
    Shiller - If he starts, probably missing in week 2 for Kris return

Forwards:

Hughes - Must have
    Salmon - Must have
    Willison - Likely gets very few minutes again behind Haas and Carrigan and down the pecking order on the bench.
    Mikaele
    Faamusili - Has a history of starting at prop and getting very few minutes. Would back Hughes to get more minutes off the bench than he gets as a starter. Probably still needs to be bought if starting and cheap enough.
    Bradley - Not sure he gets the start over the other options

Pretty hard to pick your way through these options.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Mon Feb 26, 2024 8:37 am

Milchcow wrote:

There will likely be several bench props at $250k or thereabouts

I'd take Hughes, and probably Willison, over Mikaele. And I'm not starting with multiple low-minute bench guys

I'd probably order it the same way, and I only want one of them.

Hard to say where Willison fits. Mikaele even less. Both look like 20 pt guys in 20 to 25 mins. Mikaele, yes he looked good, but he's not even a certainty for that. I'm not dying on any hills around here, but very likely a no for me.

EDIT i could probably convince myself to give him a run if i can ignore Paytens love affair with his crew of dull players. Bench will probably be Granville Neame McIntyre Mikaele which is a bit of a problem for minutes. 30 mins isnt really enough.

https://www.cowboys.com.au/news/2024/02/25/cotter-hes-got-that-offload-which-is-pretty-dangerous/

Last edited by my tv broke on Mon Feb 26, 2024 8:52 am; edited 3 times in total
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Mon Feb 26, 2024 8:39 am

mattnz wrote:Assuming everyone will need to have 6 $250kish guys, to get a decently balanced side, the options in R1 are looking like.

Backs:

Weekes / Strange
    Kini - may get 1 or at most 2 weeks based on Campbell's own expected return date
    Cotric

Forwards:

Hughes - Must have
    Salmon - Must have
    Willison - Likely gets very few minutes again behind Haas and Carrigan and down the pecking order on the bench.
    Mikaele
    Faamusili - Has a history of starting at prop and getting very few minutes. Would back Hughes to get more minutes off the bench than he gets as a starter. Probably still needs to be bought if starting and cheap enough.

I can’t remember ever being able to start with 6 250k guys. Last year think I had 7 under 400k. Included a bunch of mid 300k guys like CNK, TMM
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Mon Feb 26, 2024 8:43 am

mattnz wrote:Assuming everyone will need to have 6 $250kish guys, to get a decently balanced side, the options in R1 are looking like.

Backs:

Weekes / Strange
    Cotric

Forwards:

Hughes - Must have
    Salmon - Must have
    Mikaele

Levi, Mariota, Finefeiuaki are other sub-300k guys who'll probably have roles. Alick depending on what price he comes in, and VFifita at Dragons if you want another bench prop.
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Mon Feb 26, 2024 8:44 am

robelgordo wrote:

I can’t remember ever being able to start with 6 250k guys. Last year think I had 7 under 400k. Included a bunch of mid 300k guys like CNK, TMM

Last year you had Carty, Doorey, Preston, Thompson, Talau, HSS, Warbrick, Alamoti, Katoa, AKP ..... that is 10 and I am probably missing some too.
    easytiger
    easytiger

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2022

Post by easytiger Mon Feb 26, 2024 8:44 am

The NRL Fantasy Fanatics SuperCoach leagues are now Open.

The highest ranked 20 players have been assigned into League 1.
    You will have a PM waiting for you, please join the leagues as quickly as possible (i.e. on or before this Friday).

For those who don't know where to find their Private Messages, you can find it here;

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 5 - No one will miss him - Page 6 Unread10

If you see "1 unread message" instead of "Messages" at the top of the page then you've got mail which will have your SuperCoach league codes - please join both.

Thanks!
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:03 am

mattnz wrote:

Last year you had Carty, Doorey, Preston, Thompson, Talau, HSS, Warbrick, Alamoti, Katoa, AKP ..... that is 10 and I am probably missing some too.

Yeah pretty close, Trindall the only one missing from my plethora of basement guys.

Trindall, Doorey, Preston, Talau, HSS, Alamoti and IKat were definitely in my Rd 1 squad. I thought I only had 6, but that's 7. Explains why I'm down a gun and midranger heavy this time.
    mintotheimmortal
    mintotheimmortal

Post by mintotheimmortal Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:11 am

Strange cops a fine - Free to play Rd 1

Direct from Raiders website.

Last edited by mintotheimmortal on Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:12 am; edited 1 time in total
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:11 am

mattnz wrote:

Nobody started with all of them though

Pick the best of them and go from there
    ie most people had 1 of Carty/Doorey. HSS/Talau was another one or the other choice. You were one of very few people to actually start with Preston, most got him in weeks 2-4

mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:14 am

Milchcow wrote:

Nobody started with all of them though

Pick the best of them and go from there
    ie most people had 1 of Carty/Doorey.  HSS/Talau was another one or the other choice. You were one of very few people to actually start with Preston, most got him in weeks 2-4

I was selective, deliberately missed Doorey, Thompson, AKP, had the rest and Trindall though, so that makes 8 of them last season.
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:14 am

mintotheimmortal wrote:Strange cops a fine - Free to play Rd 1

Direct from Raiders website.

Hallelujah cheer I thought he'd cop 2-3. Probably would've held if only 1.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:15 am

Milchcow wrote:You were one of very few people to actually start with Preston, most got him in weeks 2-4

Hey man, i started with Preston too!! i just didnt talk about it non stop

I also started with great successes HSS, Talau, alamoti, TMM, Doorey (and trindall)
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:16 am

mattnz wrote:

Fair enough, I guess 2/3 EDGs, Katoa, plus 3/6 outside backs listed was doable.

EDIT: I actually had 6 of these guys too, I’m silly. Forgot a few of them were so cheap. Most of them weren’t great though, I think I had the 6 worst on that list

Didn’t own Carty all season, nobody is must have, but probably shouldn’t handicap myself like that again

Last edited by robelgordo on Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:21 am; edited 1 time in total
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:17 am

my tv broke wrote:

Hey man, i started with Preston too!! i just didnt talk about it non stop

I also started with great successes HSS, Talau, alamoti, TMM, Doorey (and trindall)

Last year Carty was my hot topic much more than Preston. Carty vs Doorey lol.
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:18 am

mattnz wrote:

I was selective, deliberately missed Doorey, Thompson, AKP, had the rest and Trindall though, so that makes 8 of them last season.

you were selective, that’s the secret.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:18 am

mintotheimmortal wrote:Strange cops a fine - Free to play Rd 1

He'd better get selected now.

Strange at CTR would be the highest percentage ownership play (unless maybe Bradley starts and keeps his WFB on the system)
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:18 am

robelgordo wrote:

Fair enough, I guess 2/3 EDGs, Katoa, plus 3/6 outside backs listed was doable.

Yeah Dolphins opened the door for some more debutants, more opportunities for the midrangers and such.

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 8:06 pm