NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

Australian XVII

Ice

Australian XVII - Page 2 Empty Re: Australian XVII

Post by Ice Tue Apr 26, 2016 5:51 pm

Pieman wrote:SO thats what you get when you take the QLD for 10 years and give him the Aus job.
    12 of the 17 are qlders. Now, considering the dominance of QLD over that time, thats all well and good but fuck me...

Leaving Tedesco out of the side is atrocious.
    He said he wouldn't pick Aus rookies and what does he do?

Picks Boyd at FB
    Picks Dugan at CTR
    Picks Semi on the wing
    Picks Fergo on the wing

Sure, Boyd and Dugan arent rookies but they havent played in those positions before for Aus have they??

How the FUCK is boyd a better fullback than Tedesco. Just how?
    How is Dugan one of the top 2 centres for aus?
    Why is fergo on the wing? What has he done to deserve it? He doesnt even stand out in his own shit team, unlike tedesco.

Just wow. WOW.

Wouldnt have a problem with the entire team being QLDers if they all deserved their spots.

Boyd at FB is absolutely no problem at all and this from a person who absolutely hates the bloke. I can totally understand him being picked there ahead of Tedesco. Boyd is a Churchill medallist in the position and a proven performer for Aus and Qld, even if he is "just Lucky" to be surrounded by the quality he has around him.

Dugan is an incumbent NSW and Aus centre, no problems there for mine, even if I would have Jennings before him, its hard to argue with the selection.
    Semi is a beast and easily the best winger in the game. Deserved selection.

Tedesco I rate, he is going great in a team full of spastics, but he was never a chance of this Aus side. Hell, he'll struggle to make the NSW side with Daley at the Helm, but he should be in that side. But complaining that he isn't in this side lacks a grasp of reality.

The Fergo selection is an utter disgrace as previously mentioned.
    Ice

Post by Ice Tue Apr 26, 2016 5:54 pm

ryno_ wrote:

Origin Jerseys - 23 v 0
    Australian Jerseys - 17 v 0
    Representative Points Scored - 116 v 0
    Premiership Rings - 2 v 0
    Minor premierships - 2 v 0
    RLIF FBotY - 1 v 0
    Dally M FBotY - 1 v 0

Glad we cleared that up.

Forgot the Clive Churchill!!

Its a no brainer.

If I was recruiting one for the future, sure, I'd take Tedesco, but Tedesco hasn't and won't have the blessed career Boyd has had. Boyd deserves the spot, no question.

Especially given Haynes unavailability.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:08 pm

Jesus H - how do Boyd and Ferguson get a run. Amazing.

ryno_
    ryno_

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2018

Post by ryno_ Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:21 pm

Ice wrote:
    Especially given Haynes unavailability.

Never heard of her.
    Dip

Post by Dip Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:45 pm

Boyd is also the winningest player in Test Football history. He has never been in a losing Australian side, and no-one else with a 100% record goes close to his 17 matches.

In fact, no team has even got within a converted try when he has been playing.

http://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/matches/Custom/NDctLS0tLS0tLTM1MTYtLS0tLXktLS0tLS0tLQ==
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:54 pm

That hardly inspires Dip, his catch and pass winning style coupled with his 'i'll get involved if you put it on a platter for me' approach have always mystified me regarding any Rep selection.

Fair dinkum blood someone or play pin the tail on the donkey atleast !
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:54 pm

Dip wrote:Boyd is also the winningest player in Test Football history. He has never been in a losing Australian side, and no-one else with a 100% record goes close to his 17 matches.

I know he used to come across as a shit bloke but I'm astonished at the level of idiocy suggesting Boyd doesn't deserve his spot......even from NSWelshmen.....even from moronic tards like Pieman.

Tedesco is playing well but rather than getting bedazzled by a few highlights people would do well to take notice of the worth a solid FB like Boyd and Coote can bring to a side.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:59 pm

Oz Sport Mad wrote:

I know he used to come across as a shit bloke but I'm astonished at the level of idiocy suggesting Boyd doesn't deserve his spot......even from NSWelshmen.....even from moronic tards like Pieman.

Tedesco is playing well but rather than getting bedazzled by a few highlights people would do well to take notice of the worth a solid FB like Boyd and Coote can bring to a side.

Sounds like u watch alot of table tennis and teaball - no idea.

You've missed a whole lot if that's your view on Tedesco.
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:09 pm

Revraiser wrote:

Sounds like u watch alot of table tennis and teaball - no idea.

You've missed a whole lot if that's your view on Tedesco.

That's not my view of Tedesco at all......just an assumption to try and logically explain (in my mind) why people like yourself would make such an utterly idiotic suggestion.

Is there another reason that I am missing??
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:19 pm

Boyd is safe as houses at the back, offers little in attack but probably doesn't need to in a QLD spine.
    Dip

Post by Dip Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:34 pm

Revraiser wrote:That hardly inspires Dip, his catch and pass winning style coupled with his 'i'll get involved if you put it on a platter for me' approach have always mystified me regarding any Rep selection.

Fair dinkum blood someone or play pin the tail on the donkey atleast !

Yet in the 17 tests Australia have played without him since his debut we've won under 65% of the matches. A 35% difference in the win percentage is like the difference between Newy with and without Andrew Johns, or the Cowboys with and without JT. Some people say "anyone could do what Boyd has done", yet history shows no-one else has.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:39 pm

Dip wrote:

Yet in the 17 tests Australia have played without him since his debut we've won under 65% of the matches. A 35% difference in the win percentage is like the difference between Newy with and without Andrew Johns, or the Cowboys with and without JT. Some people say "anyone could do what Boyd has done", yet history shows no-one else has.

Stick solid, admirable.

Teddy is the future PM, the least we can do is let.him play Fullback for Australia.
    Dip

Post by Dip Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:19 pm

Napa is probably another whose unlucky. So is Milf but you can't pick him ahead of Cronk and JT.

Post by Guest Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:22 pm

Dip wrote:Napa is probably another whose unlucky. So is Milf but you can't pick him ahead of Cronk and JT.

I have a feeling Napa and Milf's origin bans played some part in them being auto-ruled out on principal.
    Dip

Post by Dip Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:25 pm

Sir William T. Winfield wrote:

I have a feeling Napa and Milf's origin bans played some part in them being auto-ruled out on principal.
    Yeah I think you're right, though I still think Klemmer would be ahead of Napa in the pecking order. Looking forward to those two going at it in Origin for the next several years from next year.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Tue Apr 26, 2016 11:23 pm

Dip wrote:

I have no problem with him being selected. None what so ever. Its where he has been selected that shits me.

And all your stats are brilliant mate, well done. You know what other stat you neglected to mention tho - every single one of those games for Australia - he has been on the wing. Every single one for QLD, he has been on the wing. He is a very good winger and he deserves his spot in the team. Just, not at fullback.
    He is a rep winger, and a very very good one.
    If he is responsible for all those wins, why the fuck would you move him from the wing then? Why change such a successful formula?
    Also, I would love to see with those stats - how many of those games we lost also didnt have one of Slater/Cronk/JT/Smith in them, and how many of the wins came with Smith, JT, Cronk, Hayne and co all in the side as well.

Think of it this way.

Put Boyd in that current tigers team.
    Put Tedesco in the current Brisbane team.
    Which team has improved and which team has gone backwards?

We all know that boyd cant play in a side where he has to be the focus, where he is the best player and is relied on every set, he proved that without a shadow of a doubt at newcastle. Thats why he is such a good rep winger.

Tedesco is clearly the best fullback in the league this year and was for a while last year too. Its fucking crazy that Boyd has been picked at fullback for Australia over Tedesco, or even Inglis, or Coote for fucks sake. All are fullbacks than him. Put him on the fucking wing where he belongs in rep teams.

Lacks a grasp on reality? Really.

Boyd being picked at FULLBACK when the bloke is a rep WINGER is unbelievable.
    Fergo picked on the wing is unbelievable.
    Dugan in the centres is unbelievable.
    Thiaday in the side is unbelievable.
    How does Guerra deserve to be 18th man??
    Gallen should not be starting at prop when you have two other fucking actual props on the bench.
    The reality is, those selections are fucking unreal.

IMO - Josh Morris and Michael Jennings not getting picked to start - they should be fucking filthy with Mal and the selectors.
    At least pick Josh Morris OR Jennings with Dugan on the fucking wing.

Semi, yeah whatever, hes brilliant - he deserves his spot now that he became eligible 2 minutes ago I guess.

Papalii starting for Australia?
    Thiaday should not be in the side.
    Gallen is only in the side because Woods is hurt too, he wouldnt have been picked - that was the rumour anyway.

I really rate morgan as a player, but HOLY FUCK HE IS NOT BETTER THAN MILFORD. This is the AUS team not the QLD team, the ban does not apply and shouldnt. Milford is the form player of the fucking comp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There is a case for him to be in the side with JT at 7 and him at 6 and Cronk missing out, thats how fucking good he has been this year.

Its a fucking QLD conspiracy, they are trialling Boyd at fullback with Smith/Cronk/JT - for state of origin. Giving them a chance to play a game together before it. Picking Morgan on the bench over Milford is another one.
    If you think Kevvie and Mal hadnt spoken about it then you are kidding yourself.
    Josh Mcquire on the bench too? With Gallen starting at prop? Honestly...

I guarentee the QLD team will be:

1. Boyd
    3. Inglis
    11. Papalii
    14. Morgan
    15. Thiaday
    16. McQuire
    17. Guerra

He doesnt pick Tedesco because he doesn't want to give him any rep exposure before Origin. He picks Dugan and Fergo to get a look at them together. He doesnt pick Jennings or Jmoz coz he knows what they can do already.

Now, some of this post is tongue-in-cheek and some of it isnt.

Doesnt change the fact that Boyd should be on the wing for Aus, not at fullback over Tedesco.

Last edited by Pieman on Tue Apr 26, 2016 11:44 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : He has played 3 games at fullback for Australia)
    Dip

Post by Dip Tue Apr 26, 2016 11:34 pm

Wasn't directed at you Pieman, I know you had him selected at wing (as did I). For the record, 3 of those games were at fullback, including a 4 nations final.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Tue Apr 26, 2016 11:41 pm

Dip wrote:Wasn't directed at you Pieman, I know you had him selected at wing (as did I). For the record, 3 of those games were at fullback, including a 4 nations final.

My bad, I dont remember him playing fullback for Australia.

It would have been in a side that featured Lockyer, Smith, Cronk, Inglis and co though hey? Did slater get hurt or something?

What were the other games?
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Tue Apr 26, 2016 11:48 pm

I thought teeball was double EE ??
    inconceivable
    Dip

Post by Dip Tue Apr 26, 2016 11:55 pm

Pieman wrote:

My bad, I dont remember him playing fullback for Australia.

It would have been in a side that featured Lockyer, Smith, Cronk, Inglis and co though hey? Did slater get hurt or something?

What were the other games?

Haha love the banter, all good mate. Don't always agree with you but actually like you explain your reasoning. Follow the link and click view to see the teams. You might be surprised about the first time. No Lockyer, JT or Slater, and guys like Dean Young, Uate and Lawrence in the team beat England in England.

Just to troll while you're fired up, if you're outraged Jennings and Morris weren't picked in the centres, and Teddy at fullback, where would you pick GI? My feeling is you're harsh against Boyd personally. He's been great this year and has played exactly the role he should. In answer to your question about whether the Tigers would go better with Boyd or Tedesco, I actually think it would be Boyd. Inside this in Boyd being better than Tedesco. The team would be more organised, have better defence and would start sets of 6 in better position.

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 7:42 am