NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 17

Beast From The Big East
    Beast From The Big East

2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 17 - Page 25 Empty Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 17

Post by Beast From The Big East Tue Mar 22, 2016 6:53 pm

Johnny B Goode wrote:

Would you trade him out though if it meant one could upgrade Evans to a gun? I'm highly considering doing that this week.

Who are you trading Aubs to though
    GreenMachine
    GreenMachine

2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 17 - Page 25 Empty Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 17

Post by GreenMachine Tue Mar 22, 2016 6:55 pm

We thinking buhrer going to spell Parcell or come on for the likes of Symonds and Turbo?
    Pain
    Pain

NFL Dynasty Champion : 2019
    NFL Fantasy L2 Champion : 2019

Post by Pain Tue Mar 22, 2016 6:58 pm

Anyone agree Gillett could be a keeper?
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:00 pm

Welshy wrote:

Aubbs has had the worse possible points avg you would expect him to start the season with playing 80 in the 2RF, regardless of last weeks move to the CTR, his avg in the 2RF is 46 I think so down 7-10 points this year to what he normally gets in the 2RF I'm sticking with him because wasting trades in the CTR and WFB often backfires, RTS though might be the exception because he is a GUN, who else is in your WFB?

I said yesterday that DCE doesn't have a single attacking stat to his names through 3 games minus TB's and offloads....no tries, TA's, LB's, LBA's...still going in the 40s and his kicking game is down 5-10 points, when that all comes back and it will he will be where we thought he would pre season....an infusion of new players, new coach just taking longer for him to adjust

So you would vote no for those trades? I don't want to get rid of DCE I don't think but it does allow RTS and Norman to come into my side, Norman has looked good already and RTS is nearly ready to grab.

That would leave gurtherson, Auva'a, Davis and Green in my centres which is horrible but is what it is.

My WFB would be Teddy RTS Barba Mitchell and he who shan't be named.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:00 pm

bluetige wrote:Well TLT was a real fizzer

I say we call it - Tight Lipped Tuesday, from now on !
    GreenMachine
    GreenMachine

Post by GreenMachine Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:03 pm

Revraiser wrote:

I say we call it - Tight Lipped Tuesday, from now on !

Teams should come out Thu morning and clubs/coaches be held to at least the 17 named with doctors cert required on any late withdrawal.

That is a combination of Prem League (squad fixed 1hr before kickoff) and Horse Racing (where vet cert is required for late scratching)
    Beast From The Big East
    Beast From The Big East

Post by Beast From The Big East Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:04 pm

Pain wrote:Anyone agree Gillett could be a keeper?

Always a POD keeper. Despite best intentions it has become harder and harder the last few years to have elite level guns in every position. Having a final line up with Parker, Mannering, Fensom as your starting 2rfs, along with the likes of Smith, Fifita, JBrom/Gal/Surgess, Teddy and RTS is borderline crazy. You have to find ways of getting 2nd tier keepers in order to even it out. Gillett may not be the same level as some of the others but he still scores very well and very consistently and if you have to take a 2nd tier keeper somewhere I would much rather him than be running with say Gurgess come season end

Post by Guest Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:10 pm

I was hoping Taupau would get a longer rest, could've helped LBrown get back into the starting side for me. Feeling confident anyway heading into the first week of H2H, should claw back in the overall rankings now too with a couple of guns and a real captain in the side. I'm definitely still playing for overall points despite my main focus being a H2H league with personal friends.

Rd. 3: 773
    Overall: 1993

Round 4 team:

HK: (C)am, Parcell(R)
    FR: J Trb, Paasi, Campbell-Gillard, Gavet
    SR: Mau, Cartwright, Harris, Rochow(R), K Bromwich(R), Carter
    HF: Milford, Hastings, Taylor(R), JNik
    CE: J Roberts, Gutherson, CLaw, L Brown
    FB: HHunt, Gordon, Barba, Ferguson, Feeney

Eagerly awaiting Carter's judiciary result so I don't have to play Taylor. That, or word that Lewis Brown will start. T Harris named in CE again *barf*

Trades:

Rd1: Liu + N Friend --> Carter + Randell
    Rd2: Simona + Slater --> HHunt + Gavet
    Rd3: Randell + LAM --> CSmith + Ma'u

Pretty annoyed about this Danny Levi screwing with Randell's potential and always hated Nathan Brown anyway, but at least one of my hookers emerged as a good option to partner Cam.

Too bad I opted to trade Liu instead of LAM week 1, just hope Liu has a couple more failed weeks after the 50+ last week.

Simona, Simona.. I managed to pick the one dud back out of my Tigers side.. at least he made some cash week 1.

And Gavet.. Not bothered by his terrible score and subsequent dropping. My trade options were Gavet or D Saifiti last week, D was a late withdrawal and not named again this week, so hindsight wouldn't change anything.

Now for the waiting game.. 3 games on Monday is a killer, 1 Monday game is bad enough Bang

Last edited by Sir William T. Winfield on Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post by Guest Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:12 pm

Have you guys seen this video?

hahahahahaha

https://www.facebook.com/allaboutnrl23/videos/1077211885650813/
    Johnny B Goode
    Johnny B Goode

Post by Johnny B Goode Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:14 pm

Beast From The Big East wrote:

Who are you trading Aubs to though

Pat Mata'utia, Hymel Hunt or Cory Denniss. First 2 are a bit sideways I know that, their scores have been inflated with tries or in HH's case he got more tackles than usual in the wet weather and with Denniss I wouldn't play him I'd just bench him and play Roberts at CTR.
    Just really want to get rid of Evans not so much Aubo. I did find a way to get J Turbo in by downgrading Aloiai to someone like Mitchell Frei which will leave me with 3k left over after trading Evans to J Turbo but spare cash is my only issue there. If it sounds like a decent idea though by all means let me know because I'm not going to take 30's from my FRF reserves anymore!!!
    Beast From The Big East
    Beast From The Big East

Post by Beast From The Big East Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:15 pm

lukeaye wrote:Have you guys seen this video?

hahahahahaha

fucking quality
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:16 pm

lukeaye wrote:Have you guys seen this video?

hahahahahaha

Saw that live on the telly,loved it. Took the commentators an age to pick it up.
    Beast From The Big East
    Beast From The Big East

Post by Beast From The Big East Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:18 pm

Johnny B Goode wrote:

Pat Mata'utia, Hymel Hunt or Cory Denniss. First 2 are a bit sideways I know that, their scores have been inflated with tries or in HH's case he got more tackles than usual in the wet weather and with Denniss I wouldn't play him I'd just bench him and play Roberts at CTR.  
    Just really want to get rid of Evans not so much Aubo. I did find a way to get J Turbo in by downgrading Aloiai to someone like Mitchell Frei which will leave me with 3k left over after trading Evans to J Turbo but spare cash is my only issue there. If it sounds like a decent idea though by all means let me know because I'm not going to take 30's from my FRF reserves anymore!!!

If you are leaving out Roberts by playing Aubo then why not downgrade Roberts to a nuffie. Either way downgrade one of them as that's way too much cash to be carrying on the pine when every dollar should be getting you valuable points this early on. Getting JTurbo in is a good move. Would also look at someone like JDB and Ma'u as other more POD options depending on your DPP abilities for Ma'u
    Pain
    Pain

NFL Dynasty Champion : 2019
    NFL Fantasy L2 Champion : 2019

Post by Pain Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:24 pm

Always a POD keeper. Despite best intentions it has become harder and harder the last few years to have elite level guns in every position. Having a final line up with Parker, Mannering, Fensom as your starting 2rfs, along with the likes of Smith, Fifita, JBrom/Gal/Surgess, Teddy and RTS is borderline crazy. You have to find ways of getting 2nd tier keepers in order to even it out. Gillett may not be the same level as some of the others but he still scores very well and very consistently and if you have to take a 2nd tier keeper somewhere I would much rather him than be running with say Gurgess come season end
    Cheers

He's an easy upgrade for me from LAM so think i might go with it
    Stinkbug
    Stinkbug

Post by Stinkbug Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:25 pm

Whats the consensus on Ferguson? With cash in my bank I can swap him out for Croker, or by milking Packer (not sold on Dragons forward rotations) along with trading out Fergo I can get Sheck/Semi/Fensom. Thoughts anyone?
    Archer
    Archer

Post by Archer Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:26 pm

How is this deemed a 'Non similar offence'
    http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/wests-tigers/wests-tigers-forward-martin-taupau-criticised-for--unnecessary-swinging-arm-20150724-gik86h.html

So fucking cranky about this. Leilua was binned and is still likely to get longer time for his slap...
    Johnny B Goode
    Johnny B Goode

Post by Johnny B Goode Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:29 pm

If you are leaving out Roberts by playing Aubo then why not downgrade Roberts to a nuffie. Either way downgrade one of them as that's way too much cash to be carrying on the pine when every dollar should be getting you valuable points this early on. Getting JTurbo in is a good move. Would also look at someone like JDB and Ma'u as other more POD options depending on your DPP abilities for Ma'u

Roberts is in my WFB, I'd be shifting him to CTR and playing Latrell Mitchell at WFB who is currently on my bench. Sorry should of specified that, that's why I would of gone for a guy like Denniss because I don't intend on using him as a scorer. I'm eyeing off getting Ma'u in for the bye rounds eventually so trying to keep that all in mind with the trades I make. I'll have a think about it.
    Beast From The Big East
    Beast From The Big East

Post by Beast From The Big East Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:30 pm

Pain wrote:
    Cheers

He's an easy upgrade for me from LAM so think i might go with it

Good call there. With the major injury tolls and poor gun performances early on making trades more important than ever, I'm thinking that it will be very hard come the end of the season to have close to the top 17. Getting those POD guns scattered throughout will be the difference maker for a lot of teams once Origin is over and Gillett is definitely someone I will be considering near the end of the year as a POD. Was hoping Wade Graham could be that for me from the off but he is struggling for scores to start the season with.

Post by Guest Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:31 pm

Stinkbug wrote:Whats the consensus on Ferguson? With cash in my bank I can swap him out for Croker, or by milking Packer (not sold on Dragons forward rotations) along with trading out Fergo I can get Sheck/Semi/Fensom. Thoughts anyone?

Since there's almost 0 chance Ferg will play for me this week, he might be worth holding for one more.. In all seriousness though, he's incredibly lucky to still be in my side. If not for Slater's injury and Simona going busted, he definitely would've been gone last week for me. My plan is to trade him down next week to free up the cash for Tolman.
    Beast From The Big East
    Beast From The Big East

Post by Beast From The Big East Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:32 pm

Johnny B Goode wrote:

Roberts is in my WFB, I'd be shifting him to CTR and playing Latrell Mitchell at WFB who is currently on my bench. Sorry should of specified that, that's why I would of gone for a guy like Denniss because I don't intend on using him as a scorer. I'm eyeing off getting Ma'u in for the bye rounds eventually so trying to keep that all in mind with the trades I make. I'll have a think about it.

If Mitchell plays like he is named to then I don't see a reason not to drop Aubs if you would rather have Roberts than him. Don't see the appeal of someone like Hunt as a scorer over Mitchell so would just do a straight downgrade from Aubs and utilize the money

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 2:38 am