NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 48 - Dragons when you buy your coach on Wish

mintotheimmortal
    mintotheimmortal

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 48 - Dragons when you buy your coach on Wish - Page 16 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 48 - Dragons when you buy your coach on Wish

Post by mintotheimmortal Tue May 16, 2023 10:21 am

easytiger wrote:

Shit, I don't have a clue which way is up right now, my team feels like it's gone from solid-as to beached-as

Here are my problems;

Robbo - jumped on too early, but it is what it is, Origin call-up would put an exclamation on a bad early get

Ford - I was looking at him as a luxury trade-up prior to the HIA, now he's suddenly my only R13 edge

Lane - basically dead for the next 2 months

Manu - Minor injury. The Roosters are genuinely the worst team in the comp right now if you compare their performance to expected performance going into the season.
    I have a lot of time for Trent Robinson, it will be interesting to watch how he steers this ship around.

Tedesco - someone needs to inject him with a vial of unicorn blood so that he can get a bit of power and energy back into his game. I'm no coach, but if I were TR part of my change would centre around getting Teddy involvements up. I wonder if the burden of Captaincy is distracting him in a weird way, and he just needs to focus on his own game.

Miller - Ponga killed him, has gained $170k but also lost $90k. Too close to R13 to sell, just a bit of an irritation

Hosking - Who knows what coach Cleary has planned for his edges each week. If he's playing 80 edge minutes, he's a keeper, but it's always going to be an IF...

Brandon Smith - Another Rooster struggling to find his game in a team struggling to find their game, and keeps picking up little injuries.

Drinkwater - He's a roulette table for scoring - No one to blame here, but when his team scores 40+ points, you'd normally hope he gets amongst it

Probably my biggest problem overall are the headaches of not owning Hynes, Fifita, Haas, (Hopgood, Horsburgh, Walsh etc), some weeks it's going to hurt

At the moment I'm probably not heading down the Luki path, but love him as a player and can well-imagine that at some point in the future he could be an elite fantasy edge. I'll have a look when I figure out what my plan is for the next 2 rounds

I think I'm leaning toward Davey over Luki tbh Haven't seen Davey mentioned much
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 48 - Dragons when you buy your coach on Wish - Page 16 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 48 - Dragons when you buy your coach on Wish

Post by wolfking Tue May 16, 2023 10:28 am

easytiger wrote:

Shit, I don't have a clue which way is up right now, my team feels like it's gone from solid-as to beached-as

Here are my problems;

Robbo - jumped on too early, but it is what it is, Origin call-up would put an exclamation on a bad early get

Ford - I was looking at him as a luxury trade-up prior to the HIA, now he's suddenly my only R13 edge

Lane - basically dead for the next 2 months

Manu - Minor injury. The Roosters are genuinely the worst team in the comp right now if you compare their performance to expected performance going into the season.
    I have a lot of time for Trent Robinson, it will be interesting to watch how he steers this ship around.

Tedesco - someone needs to inject him with a vial of unicorn blood so that he can get a bit of power and energy back into his game. I'm no coach, but if I were TR part of my change would centre around getting Teddy involvements up. I wonder if the burden of Captaincy is distracting him in a weird way, and he just needs to focus on his own game.

Miller - Ponga killed him, has gained $170k but also lost $90k. Too close to R13 to sell, just a bit of an irritation

Hosking - Who knows what coach Cleary has planned for his edges each week. If he's playing 80 edge minutes, he's a keeper, but it's always going to be an IF...

Brandon Smith - Another Rooster struggling to find his game in a team struggling to find their game, and keeps picking up little injuries.

Drinkwater - He's a roulette table for scoring - No one to blame here, but when his team scores 40+ points, you'd normally hope he gets amongst it

Probably my biggest problem overall are the headaches of not owning Hynes, Fifita, Haas, (Hopgood, Horsburgh, Walsh etc), some weeks it's going to hurt

At the moment I'm probably not heading down the Luki path, but love him as a player and can well-imagine that at some point in the future he could be an elite fantasy edge. I'll have a look when I figure out what my plan is for the next 2 rounds

Having a look at your team, you obviously want to aim for 13?  Not sure how many trades you want to burn over the next two weeks or how much money you have but at least centres, halves and hookers are set for now.

Basically, Lane has to go, that's an easy out.  Looking at it, with Lane, Ford and Manu, I'd probably hold Ford and you're right, not sure Luki would help UNLESS it enables coin to turn Lane into Hopgood?  I guess money in the bank is crucial, but do you have a spare 95K to turn Lane into Tapine?  You've got 10 for next week, so you could aim towards fielding a full 13?  But maybe if you wanted to aim for 13 you could do;

Lane - Luki
    Hosking - Tapine/Hopgood

Would look like;

Robson
    Tap/Hop JDB Matto
    Ford Luki
    SJ Niko
    Bird Null
    Drinkwater Miller ?

Could go Manu to Garrick but sounds like Manu is a hold.  Luki seems like a short term option for you. Problem is, having Ford too leaves again, a lot of mid range options that will have to be upgraded.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Tue May 16, 2023 10:30 am

mintotheimmortal wrote:

I think I'm leaning toward Davey over Luki tbh Haven't seen Davey mentioned much

Not a bad shout after a solid 50 point game last week.

EDIT: Actually, I really like this pick, especially now Lane is out.
    Welsh Mafia
    Welsh Mafia

Post by Welsh Mafia Tue May 16, 2023 10:36 am

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:
    He’s very try dependant but it seems to come with the position at the Cowboys.
    His price is a bit awkward, if he averages 40 then he makes 60k then stalls, if he averages 50 then he gets up to 110k.

50 average would need tries to maintain looking at his past scores?

Good post. Very much feeling he'll trap a few in this week (myself included currently) and stall his way to a 100k and likely be a regretful trade when we're racing through them
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Tue May 16, 2023 10:37 am

wolfking wrote:

Not a bad shout after a solid 50 point game last week.

EDIT:  Actually, I really like this pick, especially now Lane is out.

Given that BA loves to fuck with his forward rotations, who's to say Davey isn't just as much a potential trap as Luki is?
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Tue May 16, 2023 10:39 am

Bethany_B wrote:

Given that BA loves to fuck with his forward rotations, who's to say Davey isn't just as much a potential trap as Luki is?
    Lawton is who we want surely at 300k. Very consistent scorer when he gets the minutes on the edge
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Tue May 16, 2023 10:41 am

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:
    Lawton is who we want surely at 300k. Very consistent scorer when he gets the minutes on the edge

How long is Kelma out for? Can't imagine it'd be long enough for Lawton to be worthwhile
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Tue May 16, 2023 10:41 am

No context and irrelevant but Jarrod McKracken just came up on my FB as people I might know. He must be doing it tough. That's enough internet for me today.
    lk22

Post by lk22 Tue May 16, 2023 10:41 am

Elliot / Davey / Luki - R13 options all around that similar price range, pros and cons for all, one of them probably kicks on just gotta pick the right horse...
    Elliot has the best pedigree but an unknown role.
    BCT05
    BCT05

Post by BCT05 Tue May 16, 2023 10:48 am

Bethany_B wrote:

How long is Kelma out for? Can't imagine it'd be long enough for Lawton to be worthwhile

The old "extended period". Should be long enough

Seibold also said that the club expects to be without Kelma Tuilagi for an extended period after he played out the match with a suspected facial fracture that will require surgery.
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Tue May 16, 2023 10:50 am

BCT05 wrote:

The old "extended period". Should be long enough

Seibold also said that the club expects to be without Kelma Tuilagi for an extended period after he played out the match with a suspected facial fracture that will require surgery.

Facial fracture requiring surgery is an interesting one, pretty sure Manu had a facial fracture earlier in the year (I forget if his one needed surgery) and missed one game
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Tue May 16, 2023 10:52 am

No Worries wrote:No context and irrelevant but Jarrod McKracken just came up on my FB as people I might know. He must be doing it tough. That's enough internet for me today.

You must be mates with his brother Phil? Badum1

Actually didn't he become a Gold Coast property mogul and then go spectacularly bankrupt? There may have been some threat of criminal charges involved as well?
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Tue May 16, 2023 10:54 am

Bethany_B wrote:

Facial fracture requiring surgery is an interesting one, pretty sure Manu had a facial fracture earlier in the year (I forget if his one needed surgery) and missed one game

There was a suspension and a bye in there as well I think so it was around 3 weeks all up. For context Lodge also had a facial fracture which required surgery and he missed 5 weeks.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Tue May 16, 2023 10:56 am

Bethany_B wrote:

I dunno, straight transfer and straight into the starting edge role.  Lane out only helps his cause. I think it's a really good shout by Mr Minto and actually might grab him too. 40K less than Luki too.
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Tue May 16, 2023 11:07 am

wolfking wrote:

I dunno, straight transfer and straight into the starting edge role.  Lane out only helps his cause.  I think it's a really good shout by Mr Minto and actually might grab him too.  40K less than Luki too.

Yeah fair enough, seems better than Luki at least. I think I'll definitely trade Russell to Davey, but to fund that (and get a centre to play this week), I need to do one of the following trades

* Hosking to Ramien

* Teddy to Billy Smith

Which one do we think is better? First thought is Hosking since Teddy is capable of bouncing back and Hosking's probably at his peak, but the Roosters really suck. I also much prefer Ramien to Billy Smith.
    AL
    AL

Post by AL Tue May 16, 2023 11:13 am

lk22 wrote:Also on a side note, just got blocked from footystats on my work computer, never had an issue until today.

Website blocked
    Access denied due to bad server certificate

Think that just means you haven’t paid your Beer money.
    Shady2K
    Shady2K

Post by Shady2K Tue May 16, 2023 11:25 am

Bethany_B wrote:

Yeah fair enough, seems better than Luki at least. I think I'll definitely trade Russell to Davey, but to fund that (and get a centre to play this week), I need to do one of the following trades

* Hosking to Ramien

* Teddy to Billy Smith

Which one do we think is better? First thought is Hosking since Teddy is capable of bouncing back and Hosking's probably at his peak, but the Roosters really suck. I also much prefer Ramien to Billy Smith.

Before last round Ramien scored 15, 24, 21?

I have a soft spot for him when i got him a few years ago and he scored a try every week but seems way down on form this year
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Tue May 16, 2023 11:28 am

I'm trying to plan some trades out over this week and next week. I've saved a few. There are seriously going to be teams out of trades well before round 20.
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Tue May 16, 2023 11:34 am

easytiger wrote:I see Bob Jane is off to the Cowboys effective immediately - seems like the sort of player that will be a good fit with Payton

Might not be so good for Granville maybe... but probably shouldn't make too much difference till after the bye you'd guess (if at all)

And Cowboys have released winger Laitia Moceidreke to the Knights, effectively immediately, which may/may not be related to creating space for Bob Jane.

More interestingly, I wonder if it's a temporary stopgap for the Knights to release Dom Young to the Roosters this season?

Roosters should definitely strengthen their roster immediately rather than their Supercoach getting one of the top 3 rosters in the comp (at worst) to play like a top 3 team
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Tue May 16, 2023 11:37 am

How many players are people aiming for next week?

I think I'll just do one trade this week, take a hit and use the 4 next week. Hoping to have 12 players but filling those spaces means trading out a player or two that I really don't want to.

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 4:36 pm