NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 46 - You say which fantasy group is at the top? I Can't Believe It's Not Butters

Welsh Mafia
    Welsh Mafia

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 46 - You say which fantasy group is at the top? I Can't Believe It's Not Butters  - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 46 - You say which fantasy group is at the top? I Can't Believe It's Not Butters

Post by Welsh Mafia Thu May 11, 2023 8:35 am

Teeth Eater wrote:I was just looking at my Sloan/Hammer to Tohu/Oloapu trade, frowning, knowing I'd have to play both Oloapu and Soni Luke this week. I'd come to accept it was just what had to be done this week.

BUT, then I was hit with a cheapie I'd not been thinking about at all for this week... especially since his 9.

But I realised I could do Sloan/Hammer/S.Luke to Su'a/Ponga/Oloapu.

Is this a better option?

I'm not wild about Tohu's bye next week, but I was at peace with it to get a keeper, fitness pending.

But Su'a seems to be travelling along pretty nicely, doesn't have a bye next week and allows me to play Ponga instead of Soni Luke, which, surely, has to be a good thing?

Other option is to just go with plan A and trade out Luke for Whare next week, if he's named? And get Ponga another day, once his price has dropped even further...

When I pen that, I feel more inclined to go with Plan A because if I go with Plan B and Whare is a must-buy next week, I may actually not have anyone I'd be willing to move on, pending injuries this week. So do I just keep Luke this week for that trade next week, as Ponga isn't going anywhere, price-wise? But I sure would be happier playing Ponga this week over Luke...  

Eeek trading in Ponga and Oloapu is dangerous, although in the situation it makes sense. Ponga is going to be a buy for most soon when he's under 400k, but he's so unpredictable this year. Olo is ultra slow burn and can't get the starting spot it seems.

I had Sua' in all week but have gone the Drinkwater path instead. Better bye coverage and commentary around Sua suggest he's over performing fantasy wise atm and there's also the fact the clubs one spanking off a full on implosion.
    BCT05
    BCT05

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 46 - You say which fantasy group is at the top? I Can't Believe It's Not Butters  - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 46 - You say which fantasy group is at the top? I Can't Believe It's Not Butters

Post by BCT05 Thu May 11, 2023 8:45 am

It's been said before but quality of bye players is just as important as quantity. One person's 9 players can be just as good or better than another's 12 with a number of duds. So I wouldn't get too hung up on a "minimum" number.

If I trade out Ford and Sloan this week and Tohu in then I'd have 9 rd13 but they are all quality (JMK, Matto, JDB, Tohu, SJ, Brown, Bird, Null, Miller).

Ideally would like to add one edge and that will probably do me but will likely wait til rd13 to do that.
    Antipodean1
    Antipodean1

Post by Antipodean1 Thu May 11, 2023 8:47 am

Camo123 wrote:Speaking of repping your avatar in your team, what happened to the Rein train?

Can’t even get a run with Hodgson playing like a geriatric tortoise

I remember quite a few talking Hodgson up as a great mid-range cash-cow and thinking it was a trainwreck waiting to happen.

I am often dumbfounded by all the talk around mid-range PODs that 'might' be good.

I reckon keep it simple.

Just buy obvious talent and obvious cash cows, clutching at 'maybes' seems to end painfully most times.

Dead Horse Rant

Banned

:pp:
    Antipodean1
    Antipodean1

Post by Antipodean1 Thu May 11, 2023 8:52 am

BCT05 wrote:It's been said before but quality of bye players is just as important as quantity. One person's 9 players can be just as good or better than another's 12 with a number of duds. So I wouldn't get too hung up on a "minimum" number.

If I trade out Ford and Sloan this week and Tohu in then I'd have 9 rd13 but they are all quality (JMK, Matto, JDB, Tohu, SJ, Brown, Bird, Null, Miller).

Ideally would like to add one edge and that will probably do me but will likely wait til rd13 to do that.

agree on the gun point, as a H2H player I try and stack my team with guns. I currently have 15 keeper/guns.

But now I am in a bind because I am in the top 100 overall as well.

So I am finding I am leaning heavily to R13 & R16 players to trade in.

Very torn, I am way outta my depth in the nose-bleeds and have been frantically studying up on Bye planning.

This will end up with me failing at both Rolling Laugh
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms
    Fanatic

Post by multiple.scoregasms Thu May 11, 2023 9:04 am

rhinoceroo wrote:I doubt Billy Smith is even going to be the highest-scoring centre called Smith in his price range.

Even though he is scoring terribly I think I'd prefer Suaali for the DPP at a similar price
    Antipodean1
    Antipodean1

Post by Antipodean1 Thu May 11, 2023 9:04 am

Welsh Mafia wrote:

Eeek trading in Ponga and Oloapu is dangerous, although in the situation it makes sense. Ponga is going to be a buy for most soon when he's under 400k, but he's so unpredictable this year. Olo is ultra slow burn and can't get the starting spot it seems.

I had Sua' in all week but have gone the Drinkwater path instead. Better bye coverage and commentary around Sua suggest he's over performing fantasy wise atm and there's also the fact the clubs one spanking off a full on implosion.

Ponga will drop below 400k in the coming weeks so def a cash out mid-ranger, but he is shit at 6.

Worth keeping an eye on though.

It will be very interesting if he and Tommy get picked for Origin, I won't be surprised if neither make it this year.

Guys that might really need to step up in the next couple of weeks pre-origin;

Cook-Ponga-Tommy-Teddy (i think Teddy will make it easily though)

Could be some Origin changes this year.
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Thu May 11, 2023 9:09 am

Milchcow wrote:Billy Smith's 62 was indeed a good score. But it's already happened and it's too late to get it to count for my team.

This season Mattnz traded in Kiraz after he scored 90. He has not scored within 40 points of that since. He traded in Samoa after he scored 78. He has not scored within 30 points of that since.

Does this condemn Smith to weeks of scores in 20s and 30s? Only time will tell

Kiraz should be a solid pickup after R13. Cheaper than he started the season Laughing

Am I the only one with Teddy potentially on the chopping block. Currently I’ve just been looping Bula but could move him to starter and redistribute funds around. Teddy been pretty underwhelming since picking up, the hope during Origin period is Teddy backs up for all games considering Roosters are currently 8th but who knows with Robbo
    GreenSchist
    GreenSchist

Post by GreenSchist Thu May 11, 2023 9:10 am

whall15 wrote:Grant
    Haas Murray Horse
    Hosking Preston
    Cleary Boyd
    Bird Manu
    Miller Teddy AKP

Cheese EKatoa Luki Granville
    Nully Ford IKatoa ITT

So far my numbers are:

R13: Granville, Horse, Ford, Luki, IKatoa, Bird, Nully, Miller and maybe ITT (8 or 9)
    R16: Granville, Smith, Hosking, Preston, Miller and Manu (6) [also have EKatoa and Luki]

21 trades left, 62k itb

Thinking of going EKatoa and Murray to JDB and Hopgood but to finance that I'd need to go either:

ITT down to Val but that's risky with the bye, and I'd still have to play Granville this week or
    Ford down to anyone under 495k

Nice looking team mate!
    You can't go wrong with that JDB + Hopgood trade. I'd stay away from Val at this stage, wait to see what happens next week.
    Hopgood and Luki give you good EGE coverage for Rd 13.

I'd propose one of the following to make the trade work:

• ITT to Oloapu (play Granville) - Only a matter of time before he displaces Reynolds.
      Ford to Garrick - Cheap and bye friendly
      Ford to Billy Smith - Job looks secure and he will make money but comes with injury risk

Good luck
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms
    Fanatic

Post by multiple.scoregasms Thu May 11, 2023 9:10 am

Aardvark wrote:Curious how people who have been max trading are going to field 13 in 13 and then back up for the next six rounds plus solidify a decent team for the run home?

Had a look today and I reckon if you can get 10-11 (including 7-8 decent scorers) you’ll be doing pretty well otherwise your going to run out of steam (i.e. trades) before the byes are out. Also those 8 trades you get @ 20 need to cover injuries/hia’s/byes for the run home with maybe a couple of luxury trades.

I think it’s going to be a pretty challenging season from here.

8 trades is more than I normally plan to have post origin so having them locked away is a bit of a safe guard for me.

That said the current trades have to be used wisely. Too many sideways trades and you end up with a squad of midrange plodders that happened to play a bye round
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Thu May 11, 2023 9:11 am

Antipodean1 wrote:

agree on the gun point, as a H2H player I try and stack my team with guns. I currently have 15 keeper/guns.

Very torn, I am way outta my depth in the nose-bleeds and have been frantically studying up on Bye planning.

I feel like you naturally do good at H2H when you’re going good in overall because you’re scoring high points

The only difference is using more trades and different play style in H2H finals, but you have to score well to get there
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms
    Fanatic

Post by multiple.scoregasms Thu May 11, 2023 9:13 am

morethanjustakeyboard wrote:Will be trading out Ford. I know a lot of people here are going with HopGood but I'm leaning towards Friz. I'm not liking the minute uncertainty of Hop. Friz has good bye coverage and stats are pretty decent ~50ish
    Am I missing something?

Well in truely in with a chance at origin. I think he plays if fit
    BCT05
    BCT05

Post by BCT05 Thu May 11, 2023 9:13 am

Antipodean1 wrote:

Just looked at your team, think you're doing Ford to Hopgood right? I like that.

Looks like you have 7/8 (question mark on Walsh) quality rd13 players after that (plus Granville ). I think you'd probably want to target getting 1 or 2 more, if it makes sense. Another Eel, Knight or Cowboy would be useful as a 13+16 player as your rd16 looks a bit light.

Think you're looking good though, you can wait to rd13 to see what the story is with Walsh and an easy one could be him to Drinkwater for example.

I traded you into my fantasy fantasy team this week don't let me down Laughing
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Thu May 11, 2023 9:15 am

mattnz wrote:

Read what I wrote again. He wasn't playing at CTR.

Matt's got his whale knickers in a knot Laughing In my team he played at CTR.
    Dolphins have much better eyes sight than whales, Pal!
    GreenSchist
    GreenSchist

Post by GreenSchist Thu May 11, 2023 9:16 am

Camo123 wrote:

Kiraz should be a solid pickup after R13. Cheaper than he started the season Laughing

Am I the only one with Teddy potentially on the chopping block. Currently I’ve just been looping Bula but could move him to starter and redistribute funds around. Teddy been pretty underwhelming since picking up, the hope during Origin period is Teddy backs up for all games considering Roosters are currently 8th but who knows with Robbo

He's an out for me this week, more so to facilitate other moves. I do like the flexibility someone like Garrick or Drinkwater has in his place though.
    TheWeapon
    TheWeapon

Post by TheWeapon Thu May 11, 2023 9:30 am

I have a feeling Hopgood will make the QLD side....might be worth waiting for anyone thinking of bringing him in...
    BCT05
    BCT05

Post by BCT05 Thu May 11, 2023 9:50 am

TheWeapon wrote:I have a feeling Hopgood will make the QLD side....might be worth waiting for anyone thinking of bringing him in...

Can't see it personally
    Syzy
    Syzy

Post by Syzy Thu May 11, 2023 10:06 am

TheWeapon wrote:I have a feeling Hopgood will make the QLD side....might be worth waiting for anyone thinking of bringing him in...
    I’m a bit nervous about Matterson for a similar reason
    Syzy
    Syzy

Post by Syzy Thu May 11, 2023 10:08 am

4 trades for Rd 13. Maybe just hold tight and fix problems then.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Thu May 11, 2023 10:13 am

Antipodean1 wrote:
    Guys that might really need to step up in the next couple of weeks pre-origin;

Cook-Ponga-Tommy-Teddy (i think Teddy will make it easily though)

Could be some Origin changes this year.

In my idiot opinion, Latrell is a better pick at fullback right now for NSW

L-Jimmy
    L-Jimmy

Post by L-Jimmy Thu May 11, 2023 10:26 am

Syzy wrote:4 trades for Rd 13. Maybe just hold tight and fix problems then.

Wisdom

study

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 5:44 pm