NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 45 - Fanatical Times

standard-issue
    standard-issue

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 45 - Fanatical Times - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 45 - Fanatical Times

Post by standard-issue Mon May 08, 2023 12:03 am

robelgordo wrote:

But NRL fantasy FB does post the side as fantasy team of the week. Then a bunch of morons comment about it missing players or including players because they think it’s an IRL team of the week, or the optimal fantasy team. So there’s something to look forward to.

Yep, the comments are always a highlight!
    mickspicks
    mickspicks

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 45 - Fanatical Times - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 45 - Fanatical Times

Post by mickspicks Mon May 08, 2023 12:06 am

Bethany_B wrote:Joey Johns apparently spoke to Billy Smith a couple weeks ago and he was saying he's comfortably the fittest he's ever been, completely changed his diet / cut out the alcohol, training and working way harder, etc.

He's also got that left centre spot for his own (Suaalii moved to the right for him), so realistically if he can stay healthy I think he'll be very valuable given how few cheapies there are at the moment, especially centre cheapies (I suspect a lot of us have a Phins player in one of their centre spots).

I went back and had a closer look at him in today's game and he looked so good, ran the ball hard and got through a lot of work.

Do we dare take the risk again?

Depends how long this Manu experiment lasts, and how Robbo manages Teddy through Origin.
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Mon May 08, 2023 12:07 am

mickspicks wrote:

Depends how long this Manu experiment lasts, and how Robbo manages Teddy through Origin.

Honestly I think Manu returning to centre would push Suaali'i back to the wing rather than push out Billy Smith, the fact that Billy Smith got the left centre spot to himself and forced Suaali'i over to the other side is promising.

The club and coach absolutely love him, and the only thing that's held him back before is injury, so if he can stay healthy I see a lot of value to be had.
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Mon May 08, 2023 12:07 am

mattnz wrote:How many origin players are must have for your final team?

I'm thinking that outside of Cleary, Hynes, Fifita if named, maybe Grant, possibly Haas, you could get away with having no Origin players, with decent alternatives available in each position that will play the Origin bye rounds.

Depends how many trades you have left at R20 and how many points you want to score. Haas and Yep will probably be the top scoring mids in the run-in. Latrell looks like being the premier WFB. Either DCE or Munster will likely be the third best half.

Last edited by rhinoceroo on Mon May 08, 2023 12:08 am; edited 1 time in total
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Mon May 08, 2023 12:08 am

Bethany_B wrote:Joey Johns apparently spoke to Billy Smith a couple weeks ago and he was saying he's comfortably the fittest he's ever been, completely changed his diet / cut out the alcohol, training and working way harder, etc.

He's also got that left centre spot for his own (Suaalii moved to the right for him), so realistically if he can stay healthy I think he'll be very valuable given how few cheapies there are at the moment, especially centre cheapies (I suspect a lot of us have a Phins player in one of their centre spots).

I went back and had a closer look at him in today's game and he looked so good, ran the ball hard and got through a lot of work.

Never owned him, and Fantasy aside, cringed every run and tackle for the poor bloke on that ground. Even with the result, he should be absolutely stoked with today.
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Mon May 08, 2023 12:12 am

He is the only player I am currently considering bringing in this week. Looking like you might be able to go pretty cheap in WFB and CTR at the moment, with decent cashies - Bula, VTW and Smith.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Mon May 08, 2023 12:15 am

AL wrote:

I might need Revs here to clear this up for me. Chucky is all over it.

I initially thought this said 'clean', and I was thinking eewwww !

What am I clearing up ? Snow ?
    mickspicks
    mickspicks

Post by mickspicks Mon May 08, 2023 12:22 am

Bethany_B wrote:

Honestly I think Manu returning to centre would push Suaali'i back to the wing rather than push out Billy Smith, the fact that Billy Smith got the left centre spot to himself and forced Suaali'i over to the other side is promising.

The club and coach absolutely love him, and the only thing that's held him back before is injury, so if he can stay healthy I see a lot of value to be had.

Could be a nice cash out for Hammer
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Mon May 08, 2023 12:29 am

If I run:
    CTR - Bird, Smith
    WFB - Manu, VTW, Bula

I can cash out 3 expensive CTRs and WFBs to upgrade other positions.
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Mon May 08, 2023 12:30 am

mickspicks wrote:

Could be a nice cash out for Hammer

I have Soni Luke to get rid of so I will have to keep Hammer (which is fine)
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Mon May 08, 2023 5:06 am

Tinos minute this year have been all over the show. 
    Hoping for more games around this 70 mark obviously
    GreenSchist
    GreenSchist

Post by GreenSchist Mon May 08, 2023 5:07 am

standard-issue wrote:

Laugh 3

Nice avatar too, one of the very best Eps, @Fortitude had it running for a while as well.
    I feel like Randy is my kindred spirit as we’re both geologists, and just like Randy, I’m sure this is all going to turn balls up at any moment. Enjoying the ride  while I can.

My apologies to @Fortitude. He obviously has great taste in humour.

Last edited by GreenSchist on Mon May 08, 2023 5:25 am; edited 1 time in total
    Moanaman
    Moanaman

Post by Moanaman Mon May 08, 2023 5:14 am

1025 this morning and up to 135th.

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 45 - Fanatical Times - Page 5 Giphy
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Mon May 08, 2023 5:26 am

mattnz wrote:If I run:
    CTR - Bird, Smith
    WFB - Manu, VTW, Bula

I can cash out 3 expensive CTRs and WFBs to upgrade other positions.

I could do with a cashout and love a DPP with a negative BE as much as the next guy, but VTW is not without risk, given he's an injury fill-in and the Dolphins don't play for two weeks so there's no visibility on whether he stays in the team.

I mean, he played great BUT the takeaways from Wayne's comments on him afterwards were:

1. Yeah, he's an attacking weapon but has a lot to learn in defence. (unsaid: in reserve grade)

2. He's the sort of personality who's a big game player and the bigger the occasion the better he'll be (unsaid: this was his high point)

3. He did a haka after the game? Good for him, I didn't know had the fitness to do that. (unsaid: he's a lump)

Might have to take the risk on him as think I need an NPR cashout next week, but fgs don't pencil him into your starting back five.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Mon May 08, 2023 5:54 am

JMK, Lemmy and Niko out this week will be a test.

Alamoti not the best plug and play option for Lemmy although against the Warriors could see a bump if JAC is back like he said.

Niko a loop option usually so need to play in 17
    Welsh Mafia
    Welsh Mafia

Post by Welsh Mafia Mon May 08, 2023 5:57 am

934, rank down from 360 to 405.

Great cash gen with Ikat/Niko/Cheese/Bula, and happy with the two trades of Presto & Alamoti -> Horse & Teddy.

Would love to hold trades this week and hoping ITT makes the team again, but really can't see it happening.

Awesome work team as always, some amazing scores here.

Every week I find it incredible to be ranked top 500 and crushing my mini leagues, yet not even top 25 in the Fog. Unreal, amazing to be part of this community.

Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Mon May 08, 2023 6:04 am

Ford to Tohu looking like a pretty stress free move this week
    Welsh Mafia
    Welsh Mafia

Post by Welsh Mafia Mon May 08, 2023 6:04 am

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:Ford to Tohu looking like a pretty stress free move this week

I reckon you wait another week bro, BE won't be an issue and it's another chance to see he can make it through a game.

Unless you need to trade that is.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Mon May 08, 2023 6:20 am

Welsh Mafia wrote:

I reckon you wait another week bro, BE won't be an issue and it's another chance to see he can make it through a game.

Unless you need to trade that is.
    Ooof didn’t think his BE was that high.

Although if Ford is a scratch for any reason, I might need to go ahead anyway.
    BCT05
    BCT05

Post by BCT05 Mon May 08, 2023 6:34 am

robelgordo wrote:Also looks like @BCT05 with the equal highest round score. 2nd fanatic this year.

Don’t think there’s a prize for that.

But NRL fantasy FB does post the side as fantasy team of the week. Then a bunch of morons comment about it missing players or including players because they think it’s an IRL team of the week, or the optimal fantasy team. So there’s something to look forward to.

Lol can't wait for that (pending any more updates).

Yeah no prizes per round anymore Crying or Very sad would've loved some kfc

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 3:27 pm