NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 45 - Fanatical Times

Krump
    Krump

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 45 - Fanatical Times - Page 20 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 45 - Fanatical Times

Post by Krump Mon May 08, 2023 7:40 pm

multiple.scoregasms wrote:

Good time to go off topic posting about the best player we have played with/against

Played with Isabelle Kelly's brother in under 19s. He was comfortably the best player on the field every week in the Rhys Martin mould. Peaked as a NSW cup/9's player

Played against Zane Tetevano in local league rugby back in 2016. Bastards played him at outside centre while I was on the wing. Reckon I missed atleast 8 tackles just on him in a 100+ point loss. Was a monster anchoring the boat race at the pub after as well
    Dont remember playing against anyone like that off the top of my head but played with Scott Bolton and Brett Anderson. Didn’t lose many.
    Krump
    Krump

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 45 - Fanatical Times - Page 20 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 45 - Fanatical Times

Post by Krump Mon May 08, 2023 7:42 pm

Enchanted Glossy Flamingo wrote:Are we going back to captaining Cleary over Hynes again? Feels a bit like chasing points, but 96 with a ton of MTs and kicking again sounds pretty good to me. OTOH maybe Hynes guns it after the criticism over the last few days?
    Going back? This is gonna make me sound like a hindsight hero but there’s been plenty of signs that this type of game was coming for hynes. No one is infallible
    L-Jimmy
    L-Jimmy

Post by L-Jimmy Mon May 08, 2023 7:43 pm

Bethany_B wrote:

Selling Hynes the week after I just bought him is probably the stupidest possible trade I could possibly think of. Surely you aren't serious about that?

I would much rather get rid of Sloan (who could very easily lose all the money he's made by R13 and then score another 10 points in R13) for a non-R13 player (Oloapu) and allow Ford to Horse (or Hopgood or JDB in fact).

Quality matters more than quantity and realistically I can only get one more good player that plays R13 - it's either Horse, Hopgood or JDB.

I do not have enough trades left to be selling genuine guns like Hynes, Cleary, Fifita etc. - Cook I would consider but he's too cheap to get anyone good for and I would then be forced to play Cheese as my only hooker

Manners are free.
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Mon May 08, 2023 7:46 pm

Grabbing him this week.

I think he starts sooner rather than later and I like what I've seen on the eye test. Once starting I think he is a 35-40 point guy in a season severely lacking cash cows

Maybe with JAC back (says due back R15 but reports were early return) he starts as Dogs get stronger

He did have a few dumb chips and kicks last week. Was looking at IKatoa to Oloapu as I think I want Brown for the byes meaning Dolphins are surplus to R13 and I need to free up money to move on the greatest cash cow Host after the bye
    AL
    AL

Post by AL Mon May 08, 2023 7:47 pm

Krump wrote:
    I thought MF had the worst viewing habits possible after the other night but this takes the cake.
    To not see a single episode you must have a reason or are you just cutting off your nose to spite your face at this point?

Not sure I have any acceptable justification other than I stopped watching cartoons when I was a kid. I think I tried to watch a couple at the prompting of others or to see what all the fuss was about, just didn’t float my boat so would turn off pretty quickly. Maybe I didn’t give it a fair chance.

Has that ship sailed? What’s the Simpsons BE?
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Mon May 08, 2023 7:47 pm

Krump wrote:
    Dont remember playing against anyone like that off the top of my head but played with Scott Bolton and Brett Anderson. Didn’t lose many.

Scott Bolton is a good one. Main stay first grader
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Mon May 08, 2023 7:47 pm

Bethany_B wrote:

Selling Hynes the week after I just bought him is probably the stupidest possible trade I could possibly think of. Surely you aren't serious about that?

I would much rather get rid of Sloan (who could very easily lose all the money he's made by R13 and then score another 10 points in R13) for a non-R13 player (Oloapu) and allow Ford to Horse (or Hopgood or JDB in fact).

Quality matters more than quantity and realistically I can only get one more good player that plays R13 - it's either Horse, Hopgood or JDB.

I do not have enough trades left to be selling genuine guns like Hynes, Cleary, Fifita etc. - Cook I would consider but he's too cheap to get anyone good for and I would then be forced to play Cheese as my only hooker
    what’s your team value Beth?
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Mon May 08, 2023 7:48 pm

Krump wrote:
    what’s your team value Beth?

13.1m, it's been there for the last 2-3 rounds because I've lost so much money on guys like Cook and Muz (thank god I sold Muz before his most recent loss)
    AL
    AL

Post by AL Mon May 08, 2023 7:48 pm

L-Jimmy wrote:

Not the main issue (poodle-focused bestiality takes that gong), but no-Simpsons is definitely top 3.

If they’re French 🐩 is that considered cultured?
    Enchanted Glossy Flamingo
    Enchanted Glossy Flamingo

Post by Enchanted Glossy Flamingo Mon May 08, 2023 7:49 pm

Krump wrote:
    Going back? This is gonna make me sound like a hindsight hero but there’s been plenty of signs that this type of game was coming for hynes. No one is infallible

I was just chasing the averages! I started captaining Hynes with the constant spooks of Clearys ghost hammies and him losing goal kicking, but it looks like he is back to his best?
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Mon May 08, 2023 7:50 pm

Scott Bolton is a good one. Main stay first grader
    Ando was the prodigy that just didn’t eventuate, easily the most ridiculously talented player I’ve ever been on a field with. Had some issues in Sydney then a terrible leg break in Melbourne, just one of those who got away that you never hear about.
    Boozecluez
    Boozecluez

Post by Boozecluez Mon May 08, 2023 7:50 pm

Something from the vault, 2019 season

Look how many trades are left  Balls

Point is do whatever is fun, I rolled the dice that year on a chance to win it and sure it didn't work out but it was worth trying.
    Managed to hang in until about rd 22 then blew out to 40th at the end haha.
    Go hard and get your team sorted early, then hang on for dear life until the end and crash in a blaze of glory

An extra 8 trades this year for the run home, tell him he's dreamin'

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 45 - Fanatical Times - Page 20 Round133
    Round 16 team:
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Mon May 08, 2023 7:51 pm

Good time to go off topic posting about the best player we have played with/against

Played with Isabelle Kelly's brother in under 19s. He was comfortably the best player on the field every week in the Rhys Martin mould. Peaked as a NSW cup/9's player

Played against Zane Tetevano in local league rugby back in 2016. Bastards played him at outside centre while I was on the wing. Reckon I missed atleast 8 tackles just on him in a 100+ point loss. Was a monster anchoring the boat race at the pub after as well

Played with and against some brothers who played a bit of top flight league but this is going back to my jr years a long, long time ago haha.

Played touch against Xavier Rush about 15 years ago. Very glad I didn't have to try and tackle him. That would not have ended well Laughing

Can't think of any others off the top of my head, I think most of mine would be from outside League/Union.

EDIT: Oh yeah I used to live with a guy who played NPC/Super Rugby Laughing fuck my memory is shocking sometimes

Last edited by filthridden on Mon May 08, 2023 8:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Mon May 08, 2023 7:51 pm

Lchy wrote:Possibly in the minority but I don't hate a Billy Smith trade in, thought he looked better on the left than Suaalii has all year.

I'm also biased because I made my 1st XV rugby debut against him in high school when he was the year above me and he absolutely shitmixed a 16 year old Lchy for two tries in the 20 minutes I was on the field. So by trading him in it gives me a chance to tell this story as much as possible and abuse my 15 minutes of fame

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 45 - Fanatical Times - Page 20 Giphy
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Mon May 08, 2023 7:52 pm

AL wrote:

Not sure I have any acceptable justification other than I stopped watching cartoons when I was a kid. I think I tried to watch a couple at the prompting of others or to see what all the fuss was about, just didn’t float my boat so would turn off pretty quickly. Maybe I didn’t give it a fair chance.

Has that ship sailed? What’s the Simpsons BE?
    -1000. So long as you don’t mind homers eating habits it’s the greatest show ever.
    On cartoons a more modern one that I love is family guy, if you like bill burr you’ll love it.
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Mon May 08, 2023 7:53 pm

Krump wrote:
    Ando was the prodigy that just didn’t eventuate, easily the most ridiculously talented player I’ve ever been on a field with. Had some issues in Sydney then a terrible leg break in Melbourne, just one of those who got away that you never hear about.

Interesting to see how many ridiculously talented guys wash out because of injuries/bad timing/getting on the drink.

Hard work and luck seems to be what separates the NRL level talents from the rest
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Mon May 08, 2023 7:54 pm

Bethany_B wrote:

His ranking must not be serious either then.
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Mon May 08, 2023 7:55 pm

Contrastinghobby wrote:Something from the vault, 2019 season

Look how many trades are left  Balls

Point is do whatever is fun, I rolled the dice that year on a chance to win it and sure it didn't work out but it was worth trying.
    Managed to hang in until about rd 22 then blew out to 40th at the end haha.
    Go hard and get your team sorted early, then hang on for dear life until the end and crash in a blaze of glory

An extra 8 trades this year for the run home, tell him he's dreamin'

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 45 - Fanatical Times - Page 20 Round133
    Round 16 team:

I can't believe you once owned Tevaga
    Khany
    Khany

Post by Khany Mon May 08, 2023 7:56 pm

Not expecting Hammer to get a start in SOO 1 unless there are injuries. Will keep him for rd 13
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Mon May 08, 2023 7:56 pm

wolfking wrote:

His ranking must not be serious either then.

I guarantee you if I took that advice and sold Hynes he would score 100 while everyone else captains him and this forum would never let me hear the end of it.

I made the mistake of selling Teddy last year and I refuse to do that kind of thing again.

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 12:30 pm