NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 38 - Nice try, but no cigar

Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 38 - Nice try, but no cigar - Page 15 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 38 - Nice try, but no cigar

Post by Rabbits21 Mon Apr 24, 2023 1:05 pm

Bethany_B wrote:

You can probably hold more than just the two Origin players, the fact that the major bye rounds only let you have 13 players means that you can easily carry 3-4 Origin players on your bench if they have the right byes (Panthers, Chooks, Storm and Titans are the best, Cowboys and Parra are the worst).

I'm most likely holding Haas, Cleary, Fifita and Cook through Origin, and selling Murray in R13. I could potentially sell Cook as well but at this point I think I can get Robson by other means.
    You’ll get into strife if some of those are rested plus players on byes plus injuries and suspensions on top of that.
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 38 - Nice try, but no cigar - Page 15 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 38 - Nice try, but no cigar

Post by WT Winfield Mon Apr 24, 2023 1:09 pm

Rabbits21 wrote:

Hey mate I figured Alamoti to Host was maybe a bit sideways unless you had to do it to get an out and out gun. I mean what can I say when do starting second rowers play 27mins when not injured? Remember what Milchy always says starting second rowers play 60-70mins etc etc…. I actually think JD hooked him for missing 4-5 tackles the first 15mins. If I had Host I’d be pissed off re his cash gen stagnating a bit but I’d hold this week and probs see because he might be back to 60-65mins and be a slow burn cash cow.

On Sele mate I think last weeks mins were a bit inflated and Tom played a bit less than he usually did. JD in his presser said he was going off how things were going in the game regarding his interchanges and he ended up being able to give Sele three stints. Tatola is likely back this week so I expect Sele to go back to around 35mins his usual role. I personally wouldn’t be buying him I don’t think. I think he will be a slower burn cow.

Mate what are you thinking on Bula? I’m concerned as it’s the Tigers they could lose the next 2-3 games be 0 and 10 then he’s dropped again? It’s Sheenius after all he will keep changing things. What makes you think Bula might be ok.

I went Carty to Manu this week. And I have 4 Storm guys Turbo and Haas  so I’m thinking of doing Katoa to JDB for tomorrow.

Also what are your thoughts on Drinky? I’m looking at him for Turbo he’s bottomed put at 500k lost around 160-170k plays round 13 plus 14 plays 16 too.

Cheers for the reply mate.

I managed to dodge Host too, ended up with BSmith and Crossland (jury still out on whether he was necessary). Kodi might've been the better buy for a lot cheaper or just holding.

I noticed Tom's minutes were down a bit, and Sele's up there near career high minutes. Tatola's return is definitely concerning, so I think I've gone cold on Sele now. Should've gotten on a few weeks ago for ~300k when Camo was pointing him out.

Yeah I'd probably have to trade a Storm player in your spot, I'm considering it already and have the same as you except I traded Loiero last week. I've thought about trading to a Raider and booking IKatoa's 40 too. Warbrick to Savage/Kris, EKatoa to Young/Tapine or something if you have the cash. JDB I just can't stomach in my team even if he guns it.

With Bula I'm not that confident with the regular line-up changes, but Sheens might give him a few weeks and he looked rangey enough to break a few tackles and score decent. Laurie hit some pretty good scores back there and Bula seems to have him covered in the size department. I need a WFB too with Warbrick being traded out, TTrbo questionable next week and Miller on the bye the following week.

Drinkwater's hot and cold, but his price and playing the bye makes him kinda tempting. Cowboys aren't close to the form of last year though where he averaged 47. Has a career average of 38 at FB, which is pretty close to where he's priced now.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Mon Apr 24, 2023 1:25 pm

Community team talk starting before the round finishes due to ANZAC day games and short turnaround

https://www.nrlfantasyfanatics.com/t2183-r9-trade-talk
    Khany
    Khany

Post by Khany Mon Apr 24, 2023 1:36 pm

Xavier Savage might be back, awkward price
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Mon Apr 24, 2023 1:38 pm

Rabbits21 wrote:
    I’m looking at holding Cleary and Haas through origin. I might consider Grant to Robson next week. Robson plays the next 5 games plus great origin cover and Grant misses 2 of the next 5 games. Grant also has a lower floor than Haas. I can get Grant back post origin.

I'm trying to hold Grant as long as I can. So far, people starting with Cook have lamented not going with Grant (though that could change these next couple of games) and people starting without either have been raked over the coals with injuries and/or poor scores from the alternatives.

Still a few players to come tomorrow that could blow plans out of the water too. Just hoping they all make it through at this stage.
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Mon Apr 24, 2023 2:03 pm

WT Winfield wrote:

I'm trying to hold Grant as long as I can. So far, people starting with Cook have lamented not going with Grant (though that could change these next couple of games) and people starting without either have been raked over the coals with injuries and/or poor scores from the alternatives.

Still a few players to come tomorrow that could blow plans out of the water too. Just hoping they all make it through at this stage.
    Yeah I'm leaning towards keeping Grant, I'll need to play Granville at HOK next round, but that looks manageable atm
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Mon Apr 24, 2023 2:30 pm

WT Winfield wrote:

Issue for me is I’ll still have Grant, Loiero and Warbrick I mightn’t wanna trade Loiero or Warbrick if they score well tomrrow and I’ll have Haas out too so it’s getting tough I don’t think I’d wanna play all of I. Katoa, Alamoti, Couchman and Soni.
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Mon Apr 24, 2023 2:45 pm

Rabbits21 wrote:

Issue for me is I’ll still have Grant, Loiero and Warbrick I mightn’t wanna trade Loiero or Warbrick if they score well tomrrow and I’ll have Haas out too so it’s getting tough I don’t think I’d wanna play all of I. Katoa, Alamoti, Couchman and Soni.

Warbrick would be the one I'd look at trading first this week, unless you don't like the options. Scoring around his 30 average doesn't make much and could easily score 20 or less.

Even if he goes large, I'll be thankful for the extra cash and still move him next week.

CNK was another I was looking at for Warbrick besides Savage/Kris. But don't have the cash anymore after jumping off the Couch to Crossland.
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Mon Apr 24, 2023 2:56 pm

WT Winfield wrote:

Warbrick would be the one I'd look at trading first this week, unless you don't like the options. Scoring around his 30 average doesn't make much and could easily score 20 or less.

Even if he goes large, I'll be thankful for the extra cash and still move him next week.

CNK was another I was looking at for Warbrick besides Savage/Kris. But don't have the cash anymore after jumping off the Couch to Crossland.
    Yes I’m just not sure I can trust Bula due to Sheens. Weekes as well not gonna be worth a look yet if Turbo is only out 1 week. And I also need WFB cover as Miller has a bye soon round 10 so if I trade Warbrick it’s likely for cheaper WFB cover to cover him round 10.
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Mon Apr 24, 2023 3:24 pm

https://twitter.com/9NewsSyd/status/1650420563058499584

Welcome back Angus good to see you back mate. Go well tomorrow.
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Mon Apr 24, 2023 3:37 pm

Rabbits21 wrote:
    You’ll get into strife if some of those are rested plus players on byes plus injuries and suspensions on top of that.

That's why they let you use 4 trades a week from R13 onward.

Right now I only have 2-3 guys (Loiero, Warbrick and maybe Sloan) that I intend to sell between now and R13, so it's not like I'm going to be short of trades by that point.

Out of the guys I'm holding over origin, 3/4 (all except Cook) have no byes in the rounds after Origin (14,17,20), and in round 14, they all have at least a 3 day turnaround (Cook, Fifita and Haas play the Saturday, Cleary plays the Sunday). Fifita also isn't guaranteed to even get selected for Origin, but I think there's a good chance he does.
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Mon Apr 24, 2023 4:02 pm

Bethany_B wrote:

That's why they let you use 4 trades a week from R13 onward.

Right now I only have 2-3 guys (Loiero, Warbrick and maybe Sloan) that I intend to sell between now and R13, so it's not like I'm going to be short of trades by that point.

Out of the guys I'm holding over origin, 3/4 (all except Cook) have no byes in the rounds after Origin (14,17,20), and in round 14, they all have at least a 3 day turnaround (Cook, Fifita and  Haas play the Saturday, Cleary plays the Sunday). Fifita also isn't guaranteed to even get selected for Origin, but I think there's a good chance he does.
    Yes but people fall into a trap like now being able to use 3 trades a week then come round 13 you can use 4, by round 16/17 lots are gonna be out of trades I think. Lots more carnage to come.

I think Cook will be managed a bit through origin as well.
    StuDogg101
    StuDogg101

Post by StuDogg101 Mon Apr 24, 2023 4:04 pm

Storm vs Warriors a pre game sell out for the first time in the Storm's history. I think us Warriors fans smell blood in the water. Hopefully we turn up and play well
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Mon Apr 24, 2023 9:19 pm

Rabbits21 wrote:

With Katoa/Loiero I think they’re easy sells

If Katoa averages 50 from next week, you only get 3 scores + EMG fill in. Can easily get someone like DBrown/Reynolds/JDB(who is still able to be traded this week) who has no byes in that period compared to 2 and could easily exceed the total you get from Storm player 

Looking at my trades, think I’m probably going to be just short depending on Storm EDG scores. Would really like ARey over Brown and a quality R13 MID (aiming for Cotter as short term play with bonus if no Origin, but JDB/Horsburgh options)

Was looking at ARey who gets an extra game up until R16 over Brown and averaged much higher in wins last year (58 vs 50) with extra GK and TAs
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Mon Apr 24, 2023 9:36 pm

Why the fuck is there a night game? Not only a night game but a Warriors game as well so every poor prick in NZ has to wait for it.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Mon Apr 24, 2023 9:40 pm

Rabbits21 wrote:

I sold Warbrick and Katoa to Bula and Fifita once Haas was cited, I knew I'd be in trouble next week.  Never planned to do it until then.  I'd look at something today to give yourself some breathing room next week.  No point holding Warbrick next week for more cash if it means your playing Luke for 15 points next week.  That doesn't make a lot of sense mate.
    Moanaman
    Moanaman

Post by Moanaman Mon Apr 24, 2023 9:52 pm

StuDogg101 wrote:Storm vs Warriors a pre game sell out for the first time in the Storm's history. I think us Warriors fans smell blood in the water. Hopefully we turn up and play well

Smashed him Bro!!!!
    BCT05
    BCT05

Post by BCT05 Mon Apr 24, 2023 10:06 pm

Camo123 wrote:
    With Katoa/Loiero I think they’re easy sells

If Katoa averages 50 from next week, you only get 3 scores + EMG fill in. Can easily get someone like DBrown/Reynolds/JDB(who is still able to be traded this week) who has no byes in that period compared to 2 and could easily exceed the total you get from Storm player 

Looking at my trades, think I’m probably going to be just short depending on Storm EDG scores. Would really like ARey over Brown and a quality R13 MID (aiming for Cotter as short term play with bonus if no Origin, but JDB/Horsburgh options)

Was looking at ARey who gets an extra game up until R16 over Brown and averaged much higher in wins last year (58 vs 50) with extra GK and TAs

Ah yes Reynolds, kind of forgot about him as a good bye option. Was pretty set on Brown but will be able to afford Reynolds.
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Mon Apr 24, 2023 10:14 pm

I’ve been researching bye round conatations most of the day and decided robson and Shaun lane are my next two trades in

Welsh Mafia
    Welsh Mafia

Post by Welsh Mafia Mon Apr 24, 2023 10:21 pm

WT Winfield wrote:TTrbo will be named in Manly's 22-man squad Wednesday. Scans confirmed minor groin strain/adductor injury. Will need to pass a fitness test during the week.

Not sure if mentioned amongst all the mess, saw the Oates out 4 weeks one. Might hold him out of necessity if playing.

I'm no physio, but speaking from experience, I had this exact injury last season, and have had numerous times prior. Groins are one of those injuries you can 'play through' but it gets worse and worse to the point where it's completely fucked. A proper tear can take months. No way he's risked if it's a genuine strain, he's way too important to that team to risk.

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 12:03 pm