NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 35 - Man U need to consider Joseph now

Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 35 - Man U need to consider Joseph now - Page 21 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 35 - Man U need to consider Joseph now

Post by Bethany_B Wed Apr 19, 2023 1:44 am

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:Who are the cheapest possible keepers at the moment not including CTR/WFB?

Here's my picks for potentially underpriced keepers (under about $740k), sorted by position (excluding CTR and WFB duals like Bird), listed from cheapest to most expensive.

HLF: Matt Burton, Dylan Brown, Sean O'Sullivan (after he returns)

EDG: Jacob Preston (at least until Kikau's back in R22, but odds are you already have him), Hudson Young, Shaun Lane, Lachlan Fitzgibbon, Haumole Olakau'atu, Zac Hosking, John Bateman, Tyson Frizell, Keaon Koloamatangi (when back from injury)

MID: Tevita Pangai, Jack De Belin, Moeaki Fotuaika, Blake Lawrie, Nelson Asofa-Solomona, Reuben Cotter, Tino Fa'asuamaleaui, Pat Carrigan, Tohu Harris

HOK: Reed Mahoney, Jeremy Marshall-King, Reece Robson (bit of a stretch but he's leaking money at the moment so should get down to the ~740k range in a week or two).

Realistically HOK and HLF are the places where you don't really need these guys except for Robson and maybe someone like Brown for the Origin period. The real place for subgun PODs is EDG and MID, though there's so many EDGs around that it might be hard to fit in more than one or two of the guys I've listed.
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 35 - Man U need to consider Joseph now - Page 21 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 35 - Man U need to consider Joseph now

Post by Bethany_B Wed Apr 19, 2023 1:48 am

Holzman wrote:with the lack of cash downs luckily I had some decent cash in the bank to mini upgrades on 3 guys.

Carrigan to Fifita (10 or so point upgrade with Fifita having the attacking stats plus as H2H Carrigan isnt playing in the 2nd finals)

Carty to B.Smith (actually a downgrade but im hoping similar points or more from here onwards and it gets me Hooker cover and cash for the next move)

Warbrick to Manu (points boost and I can switch Manu into the Centre later on if i pick up a WFB)

Can anyone fault these moves or recommend something better for a H2H player.

Robson
    Haas Murray Ford
    Fifita Hosking
    Cleary Reynolds
    Bird Alamoti
    Miller Teddy Manu

E.Katoa (Edge)
    Preston (Edge)
    B.Smith (Hooker/Mid)
    ITT (Centre/WFB)

I.Katoa (Half)
    Nikorima (Half)
    T.Couchman (Mid/Edge)
    Tommy T (Centre/WFB)

Those trades look pretty good.

As for the lack of cash cows, it's been pretty rough this year and I've made a lot of my team value from trading peaked cows/failed mid tier guys (think Trindall, Carty, Hopgood and E Butcher) to cheapies with good job security (Russell, Soni Luke) and guns (Fifita, Cook).

I haven't actually made much money off buying legit cheapies this year aside from the ones most people bought in the first couple rounds (Carty, Sloan etc.), whereas in years past we've had guys like Tolu Koula and Taylan May to accelerate cash generation.
    Finch
    Finch

Post by Finch Wed Apr 19, 2023 1:55 am

@Holzman

While the trades are good, this line stood out to me

"Carrigan to Fifita (10 or so point upgrade with Fifita having the attacking stats plus as H2H Carrigan isnt playing in the 2nd finals)"

It's wayyyyy too early to be talking about the finals for NRL fantasy, anyone can get injured/HIA at anytime
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Wed Apr 19, 2023 2:05 am

my tv broke wrote:

He's played 80 every other week this year though. Not sure what changed for Arthur last week.

A strong win last week though and Arthur might just stick with the same formation I guess.

It was the first game with all his forwards available.
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Wed Apr 19, 2023 2:10 am

multiple.scoregasms wrote:

Teddy long term average well into the 50s while Manu averages 40 odd in the position he will spend 80% of his remaining games this year

TBH I think the answer should be Teddy even if he cost 100k more

If Manu kills it as expected at 6, after Roosters have been struggling all season, hard to see them moving him from 6, if sparking their attack.
    Holzman
    Holzman

Post by Holzman Wed Apr 19, 2023 2:10 am

Finch wrote:@Holzman

While the trades are good, this line stood out to me

"Carrigan to Fifita (10 or so point upgrade with Fifita having the attacking stats plus as H2H Carrigan isnt playing in the 2nd finals)"

It's wayyyyy too early to be talking about the finals for NRL fantasy, anyone can get injured/HIA at anytime

Yeah thats probably a good call.

However with Haas Reynolds in the squad along with Carrigan im basically shaping up for my finals squad.

basically, I most likely don't want Carrigan in my final team and barring injury or a form collapse I do want Fifi.
    1. Carrigan is a finals bye guy
    2. Fifi likely a top Edge where as Haas (same bye as Carrigan) Murray Yeo look miles ahead of Carrigan and then Matterson Tohu Tapine most likely the guy id want on the bench.

TLDR

Im scared of not having Fifi and im making a reason to get him.

Last edited by Holzman on Wed Apr 19, 2023 2:14 am; edited 1 time in total
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Wed Apr 19, 2023 2:12 am

I'm inclined to hold trades if Carty is starting and see what happens. If he's benched though, I need a plan. The best I've come up with is:

1. One trade, Carty to McInnes
    2. Two trades Carty and HSS to JDB and Bula.

Thoughts?
    Holzman
    Holzman

Post by Holzman Wed Apr 19, 2023 2:16 am

Mulvy wrote:I'm inclined to hold trades if Carty is starting and see what happens. If he's benched though, I need a plan. The best I've come up with is:

Thoughts?

Do you need a mid?

I prefer the first one. I think its worth waiting on Bula to see if he is in the role next week. Plus 2 trades to go Carty to JDB seems alot.

Carty to Smith and bank some cash or Carty to Manu if it works postion wise would be alternatives to 1.

Last edited by Holzman on Wed Apr 19, 2023 2:21 am; edited 1 time in total
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Wed Apr 19, 2023 2:17 am

wolfking wrote:

Well, what were you reading?

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/nrl-2023-sydney-roosters-trent-robinson-sam-walker-dropped-joey-manu-to-fiveeight-team-list-news-nrl360-luke-keary-news/news-story/2f3eeca44df9dffd7bd25356058b51c3

This - on reflection it was a bit of an opinion piece, however, it is quite a big call. It is hard to see why they would just do it for a week or two... It certainly appears to be an axing rather than take a few games in reserve grade to work on a few things - but I could be wrong
    Finch
    Finch

Post by Finch Wed Apr 19, 2023 2:19 am

Mulvy wrote:I'm inclined to hold trades if Carty is starting and see what happens. If he's benched though, I need a plan. The best I've come up with is:

Thoughts?

Option 1 if I had to pick, but really I don't like either personally
    Finch
    Finch

Post by Finch Wed Apr 19, 2023 2:20 am

The Dolphin Conspiracies wrote:

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/nrl-2023-sydney-roosters-trent-robinson-sam-walker-dropped-joey-manu-to-fiveeight-team-list-news-nrl360-luke-keary-news/news-story/2f3eeca44df9dffd7bd25356058b51c3

This - on reflection it was a bit of an opinion piece, however, it is quite a big call. It is hard to see why they would just do it for a week or two... It certainly appears to be an axing rather than take a few games in reserve grade to work on a few things - but I could be wrong

Agree, if Manu is going great guns, there's no reason to bring Walker back imo
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Wed Apr 19, 2023 2:22 am

Ramitinmyhaaas wrote:

I think I'm with ya mate, could go Matto for the exact same price and some better mid cover but DFifi will just be more enjoyable to watch when he crashes over for a hatty against the dolphins this week.

DFifi - will never get through my defense - one he is lazy - two I have been training the house down
    The Goat Boys
    The Goat Boys

Post by The Goat Boys Wed Apr 19, 2023 2:24 am

Will be going Carty to Manu.

Seems like fun

Gives me a backline of

HTF Bird

Miller Latrell Manu

mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Wed Apr 19, 2023 2:28 am

I am looking at completing the set of MIDs around $600k - JDB, McInnes, NAS, maybe Horse next week.
    SaveTheCheerleader
    SaveTheCheerleader

Post by SaveTheCheerleader Wed Apr 19, 2023 2:32 am

Doorey to Manu
    Carty to DFifita
    Warbrick to Bula

Basketball

Grant
    Ford LThompson Murray
    Hosking Fifita
    Cleary (C) Moses
    Bird NullNull
    Manu CNK Turbo

Preston, Soni, Reynolds, Bula

Couchman, Nikorima, IKatao, Hands
    B/L
    B/L

Post by B/L Wed Apr 19, 2023 2:35 am

Finch wrote:

Just on Carrigan, what has happened? Started the year off 65, 63 then followed that with a 51, 57

Last 3 have been 35, 48, 42

Minutes look around the same, tackles around the same (50 tackles in round 1 a bit of an outlier)

Don't really see where the drop is coming from

Haas is absolutely dominating and will take a hit up to get us on the front foot which is usually resulting in carrigan ball playing and shifting with the follow up run that he would usually take.

I would expect carrigan to score better now that we are going into the tougher matches.
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Wed Apr 19, 2023 2:37 am

SaveTheCheerleader wrote:Doorey to Manu
    Carty to DFifita
    Warbrick to Bula

Basketball

Grant
    Ford LThompson Murray
    Hosking Fifita
    Cleary (C) Moses
    Bird NullNull
    Manu CNK Turbo

Preston, Soni, Reynolds, Bula

Couchman, Nikorima, IKatao, Hands

You have no chance this week. I have even updated my team tracker so you can get an early look and try to strategise cheer

Any advice welcomed... although I am pretty solid on Warbrick ==> Bula & Suaalii ==> Manu
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Wed Apr 19, 2023 2:38 am

@Bethany_B been providing some good insights/advice the last couple of weeks. Top form!

Always seems to be the way on this forum that people are who up near the top are spending time trying to help others do well too rather than shut out their competition. <3
    mickspicks
    mickspicks

Post by mickspicks Wed Apr 19, 2023 2:40 am

B/L wrote:

Haas is absolutely dominating and will take a hit up to get us on the front foot which is usually resulting in carrigan ball playing and shifting with the follow up run that he would usually take.

I would expect carrigan to score better now that we are going into the tougher matches.

I think you nailed it. Carrigan is a ball player now. Bronies have a stacked pack - he doesn't need to run it as much. He can, and I wish he would, but there is no need right now.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Wed Apr 19, 2023 2:41 am

Holzman wrote:

Do you need a mid?

I prefer the first one. I think its worth waiting on Bula to see if he is in the role next week. Plus 2 trades to go Carty to JDB seems alot.

Carty to Smith and bank some cash or Carty to Manu if it works postion wise would be alternatives to 1.

Doesn't need to be a mid, any position okay, but they need to be playable, and either underpriced keeper or able to make some cash. I like JDB a lot more than McInnes. JDB has less quality players around him with no one really to come back in, If Sua is "out for a few weeks", BMM won't play 80, and even when Sua comes back he likely pushes BMM and JDB still probably plays 60+. Finucane back in a couple of weeks, and better forwards in general make me less interested in McInnes, but a single trade is nice. JDB plays the first bye too. Already have Smith (Brandon)

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 10:19 am