NRL Fantasy Fanatics



Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

    NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 34 - Super Saturday

    Aardvark
    Aardvark

    Posts : 6384
    Reputation : 6588
    Join date : 2018-03-01
    Location : Parents basement eating Cheetos

    NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 34 - Super Saturday - Page 51 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 34 - Super Saturday

    Post by Aardvark Tue Apr 18, 2023 2:29 pm

    Just saw some random news from the shire that Joey Manu is going to line up at 5/8 this round with Sam Walker back to NSW Cup for a bit

    Probably a week early on Manu but my ears pricked up....he could be useful over the bye period particularly if he warms up with a few games at 5/8

    https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/nrl-2023-sydney-roosters-team-lists-sam-walker-dropped-james-hooper-news-joey-manu-trent-robinson-team-list-tuesday-axed/news-story/587ea54122fbdad3f12708955bf24e1b


    Last edited by Aardvark on Tue Apr 18, 2023 2:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
    mrbrownstone
    mrbrownstone

    Posts : 5139
    Reputation : 2359
    Join date : 2019-09-13

    NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 34 - Super Saturday - Page 51 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 34 - Super Saturday

    Post by mrbrownstone Tue Apr 18, 2023 2:29 pm

    What are people doing with E Katoa?

    If you just see him as a cash generator rather than a keeper, then he's made his 181k, starting to slide in the opposite direction, has a 44 BE, and has the bye next week and in R13. Could pretty easily turn him into TPJ/Curran, or even Crossland and bank a bit of cash.

    However it feels almost like malpractice to consider selling him before a revenge game against the Warriors. Can almost see it now that he bangs out a 2-try 85.

    Worth a hold this week and reevaluate when he has the bye, right?
    GreenSchist
    GreenSchist

    Posts : 780
    Reputation : 733
    Join date : 2023-02-15

    NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 34 - Super Saturday - Page 51 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 34 - Super Saturday

    Post by GreenSchist Tue Apr 18, 2023 2:31 pm

    Aardvark wrote:Just saw some random news from the shire that Joey Manu is going to line up at 5/8 this round with Sam Walker back to NSW Cup for a bit

    Probably a week early on Manu but my ears pricked up....he could be useful over the bye period particularly if he warms up with a few games at 5/8

    https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/nrl-2023-sydney-roosters-team-lists-sam-walker-dropped-james-hooper-news-joey-manu-trent-robinson-team-list-tuesday-axed/news-story/587ea54122fbdad3f12708955bf24e1b

    This has me very interested as I was already considering him for Origin coverage.
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

    Posts : 7051
    Reputation : 3046
    Join date : 2018-02-05

    NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 34 - Super Saturday - Page 51 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 34 - Super Saturday

    Post by Bethany_B Tue Apr 18, 2023 2:32 pm

    mrbrownstone wrote:What are people doing with E Katoa?

    If you just see him as a cash generator rather than a keeper, then he's made his 181k, starting to slide in the opposite direction, has a 44 BE, and has the bye next week and in R13. Could pretty easily turn him into TPJ/Curran, or even Crossland and bank a bit of cash.

    However it feels almost like malpractice to consider selling him before a revenge game against the Warriors. Can almost see it now that he bangs out a 2-try 85.

    Worth a hold this week and reevaluate when he has the bye, right?

    Holding this week for his revenge game, then reassess next week.

    If he goes low, then sell him next week, otherwise hold to round 13 and sell then to Matto/Tohu/someone like that
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

    Posts : 6384
    Reputation : 6588
    Join date : 2018-03-01
    Location : Parents basement eating Cheetos

    NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 34 - Super Saturday - Page 51 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 34 - Super Saturday

    Post by Aardvark Tue Apr 18, 2023 2:32 pm

    GreenSchist wrote:

    This has me very interested as I was already considering him for Origin coverage.

    I had my eye on him rather than Teddy as he was going to drop below $600k pretty soon

    Always has a couple of bumper games filling in for Teddy (and at 5/8 when needed)
    mrbrownstone
    mrbrownstone

    Posts : 5139
    Reputation : 2359
    Join date : 2019-09-13

    NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 34 - Super Saturday - Page 51 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 34 - Super Saturday

    Post by mrbrownstone Tue Apr 18, 2023 2:33 pm

    Well that Manu news is certainly tempting. Averages 69 at 5/8 including 103 against the Dragons last year, who they're playing this week...

    Can anyone smarter than me estimate how many games he's likely to get at FB/5/8 over the Origin period?
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

    Posts : 6384
    Reputation : 6588
    Join date : 2018-03-01
    Location : Parents basement eating Cheetos

    NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 34 - Super Saturday - Page 51 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 34 - Super Saturday

    Post by Aardvark Tue Apr 18, 2023 2:36 pm

    mrbrownstone wrote:Well that Manu news is certainly tempting. Averages 69 at 5/8 including 103 against the Dragons last year, who they're playing this week...

    Can anyone smarter than me estimate how many games he's likely to get at FB/5/8 over the Origin period?

    If Ted was rested after every origin then maybe 5 plus whatever he gets at 5/8 from here (plays 16 but not 13 or 19)

    That's the most optimistic scenario, it's probably closer to 2-3
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

    Posts : 11915
    Reputation : 8544
    Join date : 2019-01-30

    NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 34 - Super Saturday - Page 51 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 34 - Super Saturday

    Post by Camo123 Tue Apr 18, 2023 2:36 pm

    mrbrownstone wrote:Well that Manu news is certainly tempting. Averages 69 at 5/8 including 103 against the Dragons last year, who they're playing this week...

    Can anyone smarter than me estimate how many games he's likely to get at FB/5/8 over the Origin period?

    1 in R16, anything else needs Teddy resting

    Who takes GK for Roosters, Teddy?? Maybe Momirovski if he is the CTR replacement
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

    Posts : 7051
    Reputation : 3046
    Join date : 2018-02-05

    NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 34 - Super Saturday - Page 51 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 34 - Super Saturday

    Post by Bethany_B Tue Apr 18, 2023 2:37 pm

    Camo123 wrote:

    1 in R16, anything else needs Teddy resting

    Who takes GK for Roosters, Teddy?? Maybe Momirovski if he is the CTR replacement

    I would think Momi moves into right CTR and kicks goals.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

    Posts : 26623
    Reputation : 18825
    Join date : 2016-01-08

    NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 34 - Super Saturday - Page 51 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 34 - Super Saturday

    Post by my tv broke Tue Apr 18, 2023 2:38 pm

    Camo123 wrote:

    1 in R16, anything else needs Teddy resting

    Who takes GK for Roosters, Teddy?? Maybe Momirovski if he is the CTR replacement

    Re ctr, Corey Allan was replacement last week.. maybe him

    Or just budget Aubbs (Hutch)
    mrbrownstone
    mrbrownstone

    Posts : 5139
    Reputation : 2359
    Join date : 2019-09-13

    NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 34 - Super Saturday - Page 51 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 34 - Super Saturday

    Post by mrbrownstone Tue Apr 18, 2023 2:40 pm

    The thing putting me off Manu is that the Roosters have pretty decent post-Origin turnarounds all things considered:

    R14 they play the Bulldogs on Sunday after Origin on Wednesday (then Sat the following round)
    R17 they play the Raiders Sunday after Origin on Wednesday (then Sun the following round)
    R20 they play the Storm on Saturday after Origin on Wednesday (then Sat the following round)

    Not like there's any super-tight Thurs/Fri turnarounds, or playing on Sunday after Origin then Thurs the following week where you're struggling to play that many games in a short space of time. Teddy probably backs up for at least 2 of those if I had to guess given the Roosters aren't exactly flying so far with the luxury to rest players.
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

    Posts : 4718
    Reputation : 2476
    Join date : 2022-02-21
    Location : England

    NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 34 - Super Saturday - Page 51 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 34 - Super Saturday

    Post by GarethEllisismyDad Tue Apr 18, 2023 2:43 pm

    mrbrownstone wrote:The thing putting me off Manu is that the Roosters have pretty decent post-Origin turnarounds all things considered:

    R14 they play the Bulldogs on Sunday after Origin on Wednesday (then Sat the following round)
    R17 they play the Raiders Sunday after Origin on Wednesday (then Sun the following round)
    R20 they play the Storm on Saturday after Origin on Wednesday (then Sat the following round)

    Not like there's any super-tight Thurs/Fri turnarounds, or playing on Sunday after Origin then Thurs the following week where you're struggling to play that many games in a short space of time. Teddy probably backs up for at least 2 of those if I had to guess given the Roosters aren't exactly flying so far with the luxury to rest players.

    Thank you for sharing, informative
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

    Posts : 7051
    Reputation : 3046
    Join date : 2018-02-05

    NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 34 - Super Saturday - Page 51 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 34 - Super Saturday

    Post by Bethany_B Tue Apr 18, 2023 2:45 pm

    mrbrownstone wrote:The thing putting me off Manu is that the Roosters have pretty decent post-Origin turnarounds all things considered:

    R14 they play the Bulldogs on Sunday after Origin on Wednesday (then Sat the following round)
    R17 they play the Raiders Sunday after Origin on Wednesday (then Sun the following round)
    R20 they play the Storm on Saturday after Origin on Wednesday (then Sat the following round)

    Not like there's any super-tight Thurs/Fri turnarounds, or playing on Sunday after Origin then Thurs the following week where you're struggling to play that many games in a short space of time. Teddy probably backs up for at least 2 of those if I had to guess given the Roosters aren't exactly flying so far with the luxury to rest players.

    Thing is, I doubt Walker is dropped for just one round, more likely it's 2-3. When Robbo last dropped a young half like this (Flanno Jr in 2020), he was dropped for 2 games.

    Manu at 5/8 is a guy that will absolutely burn you as a non-owner, and they're up against the team he got 100 against last year.
    The Goat Boys
    The Goat Boys

    Posts : 913
    Reputation : 758
    Join date : 2020-01-18
    Location : QLD

    NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 34 - Super Saturday - Page 51 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 34 - Super Saturday

    Post by The Goat Boys Tue Apr 18, 2023 2:45 pm

    Makes me more inclined to go with Teddy.

    Never a doubt scoring wise, just really trying to focus on nailing the bye rounds this year for me.

    This makes the decision a bit easier.

    Cheers @mrbrownstone
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

    Posts : 6384
    Reputation : 6588
    Join date : 2018-03-01
    Location : Parents basement eating Cheetos

    NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 34 - Super Saturday - Page 51 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 34 - Super Saturday

    Post by Aardvark Tue Apr 18, 2023 2:46 pm

    mrbrownstone wrote:The thing putting me off Manu is that the Roosters have pretty decent post-Origin turnarounds all things considered:

    R14 they play the Bulldogs on Sunday after Origin on Wednesday (then Sat the following round)
    R17 they play the Raiders Sunday after Origin on Wednesday (then Sun the following round)
    R20 they play the Storm on Saturday after Origin on Wednesday (then Sat the following round)

    Not like there's any super-tight Thurs/Fri turnarounds, or playing on Sunday after Origin then Thurs the following week where you're struggling to play that many games in a short space of time. Teddy probably backs up for at least 2 of those if I had to guess given the Roosters aren't exactly flying so far with the luxury to rest players.

    It's a gamble no doubt about it but he has played at least 2 or 3 games at FB or 5/8 every season between rd14 & 20 except 2020 (SOO was held at the end of the season)
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

    Posts : 11915
    Reputation : 8544
    Join date : 2019-01-30

    NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 34 - Super Saturday - Page 51 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 34 - Super Saturday

    Post by Camo123 Tue Apr 18, 2023 2:47 pm

    NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 34 - Super Saturday - Page 51 Giphy
    The Goat Boys
    The Goat Boys

    Posts : 913
    Reputation : 758
    Join date : 2020-01-18
    Location : QLD

    NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 34 - Super Saturday - Page 51 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 34 - Super Saturday

    Post by The Goat Boys Tue Apr 18, 2023 2:51 pm

    NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 34 - Super Saturday - Page 51 Giphy

    This is the Manu we are talking about right?
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

    Posts : 16255
    Reputation : 11065
    Join date : 2016-02-02
    Location : Millennium Falcon

    NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 34 - Super Saturday - Page 51 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 34 - Super Saturday

    Post by Chewie Tue Apr 18, 2023 2:52 pm

    NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 34 - Super Saturday - Page 51 Shakib-khan-gifgari-nayok
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

    Posts : 16255
    Reputation : 11065
    Join date : 2016-02-02
    Location : Millennium Falcon

    NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 34 - Super Saturday - Page 51 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 34 - Super Saturday

    Post by Chewie Tue Apr 18, 2023 2:52 pm

    NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 34 - Super Saturday - Page 51 Queensland-soo
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

    Posts : 7051
    Reputation : 3046
    Join date : 2018-02-05

    NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 34 - Super Saturday - Page 51 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 34 - Super Saturday

    Post by Bethany_B Tue Apr 18, 2023 2:53 pm

    this Manu at 5/8 news has me seriously considering trading EKat straight to him in one trade.

    Pros:

    * Manu likely gets more than one game at 5/8, seems silly to drop SWalker for just one game.
    * Manu at 5/8 is one of a handful of players who is absolutely terrifying to not own, he just appears absolutely everywhere and racks up TBs and OLs
    * Manu is a keeper even back at CTR (though obviously not as good as at 6 or 1), and I would just run him and Bird as my two CTRs for the rest of the year as long as they're fit.
    * Dual position is very handy

    Cons:

    * EKatoa could do very well in his revenge game, and has scored at almost keeper level with no tries yet
    * Costs a trade

      Current date/time is Mon Apr 15, 2024 1:29 pm