NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 29 - Never believe anything you read on a forum

L-Jimmy
    L-Jimmy

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 29 - Never believe anything you read on a forum - Page 4 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 29 - Never believe anything you read on a forum

Post by L-Jimmy Fri Apr 07, 2023 11:30 am

Yeah, all the best B/L. Medicine is pretty great on this stuff these days, so will keep finger's crossed for you both.

In the meantime, I'm off to try and fondle my wife for science.
    filthridden
    filthridden

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 29 - Never believe anything you read on a forum - Page 4 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 29 - Never believe anything you read on a forum

Post by filthridden Fri Apr 07, 2023 11:35 am

B/L wrote:Gang, I know I'm usually seen as a bit of a clown on here but thought I would post a serious post to get some awareness out there. I've shared this news laat week with some on here that I am closer with but felt I would share it with the group to raise awareness.

My partner has had a history of lumps and cysts on her breasts she has had them checked out numerous times and always come back benign. So when she noticed a new lump 6 months ago she thought nothing of it. I finally pushed her to get it checked out last week and sure enough it confirmed that she has breast cancer.

We now face an uncertain future while we wait for her stage to be confirmed. My advice is check your balls, get ya Mrs to check her breasts and if you notice a change in your health get screened for your internal organs. It could save your life.

Sorry to hear that mate, all the best to you and your partner. Thanks for sharing and the good advice too.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Fri Apr 07, 2023 11:47 am

Best of luck B/L hopefully you caught it early enough
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Fri Apr 07, 2023 11:58 am

One decision I made this year was to go with Su'aalii and I am now doing a 6 round review.

This year, he is currently average 37.2 at CTR with 0.2 tries per game compared 34.8 with 0.8 tries per game at WNG last year. I guess I was expecting a but of a bigger leap at scoring with him getting his hands on the ball more. Last night was so close to many more line breaks etc. I guess I gotta keep the faith and hope more attacking stats come right? There is definitely the potential there for some big scores.
    Monty_Burns
    Monty_Burns

Post by Monty_Burns Fri Apr 07, 2023 11:59 am

Welsh Mafia wrote:Trading out HSS ->

Option 1: Kodi
    Option 2: AKP
    Option 3: Hold

AKP for me, don't think kodi makes any money this week. AKP big potential for cash this week.

Maybe kodi next week with a low be and a bit of knowledge around his scoring
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Fri Apr 07, 2023 12:01 pm

B/L wrote:Gang, I know I'm usually seen as a bit of a clown on here but thought I would post a serious post to get some awareness out there. I've shared this news laat week with some on here that I am closer with but felt I would share it with the group to raise awareness.

My partner has had a history of lumps and cysts on her breasts she has had them checked out numerous times and always come back benign. So when she noticed a new lump 6 months ago she thought nothing of it. I finally pushed her to get it checked out last week and sure enough it confirmed that she has breast cancer.

We now face an uncertain future while we wait for her stage to be confirmed. My advice is check your balls, get ya Mrs to check her breasts and if you notice a change in your health get screened for your internal organs. It could save your life.

sorry bro that's tough especially for your partner but stay strong, be positive & fill your house with love & your partner will beat the cancer.
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Fri Apr 07, 2023 12:06 pm

That’s very rough mate I will say some prayers for you guys that’s it’s on the low end of the scale.

Thinking of ya.
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Fri Apr 07, 2023 12:08 pm

Seibs has confirmed Weekes will start at 5/8 with Schuster out.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Fri Apr 07, 2023 12:13 pm

Rabbits21 wrote:Seibs has confirmed Weekes will start at 5/8 with Schuster out.

as a dce owner that's great news fantasy wise because he'll dominate more than if johns started
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Fri Apr 07, 2023 12:13 pm

B/L, you and your partner have been in my thoughts a lot. I'm not a religious man at all, but prayers are being had for both of you.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Fri Apr 07, 2023 12:15 pm

Wonder if this is potentially a better play than Kahn in for HSS.  More short term though if his role is going to be from the bench moving forward.

Saving 50K though as opposed to spending 40K.
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Fri Apr 07, 2023 12:16 pm

That's awful news. My heart goes out to you and your family.
    Praying for courage, strength and healing 🙏
    May the Force be with you
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Fri Apr 07, 2023 12:19 pm

wolfking wrote:

Wonder if this is potentially a better play than Kahn in for HSS.  More short term though if his role is going to be from the bench moving forward.

Saving 50K though as opposed to spending 40K.

Does Weekes do any more than Johns? Johns in his two starts basically did nothing. I suppose Weekes is a young upcoming player that might have more of a dig.

I'd be pretty tempted to roll the dice, but my trades are already locked.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Fri Apr 07, 2023 12:21 pm

my tv broke wrote:

Does Weekes do any more than Johns? Johns in his two starts basically did nothing. I suppose Weekes is a young upcoming player that might have more of a dig.

I'd be pretty tempted to roll the dice, but my trades are already locked.

True. Sub 20 scores both times. Weeks seems more of an exciting player though compared to Johns.
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Fri Apr 07, 2023 12:25 pm

Tempted to bring him in instead of AKP. Looks really sharp coming in off the bench.
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Fri Apr 07, 2023 12:25 pm

wolfking wrote:

True.  Sub 20 scores both times.  Weeks seems more of an exciting player though compared to Johns.
    Weekes likely will play some time over origin at FB too.
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Fri Apr 07, 2023 12:25 pm

Spoiler:

My usual Game Day preview
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Fri Apr 07, 2023 12:31 pm

If anyone is still looking to bring in Hosking - https://www.penrithpanthers.com.au/news/2023/04/07/final-word-round-6/

Ivan typically vague and non committal answers re Garner and Martin, similar for Hosking, though re Hosking 'it looks like he's forming a good little combo with Nathan on that right edge' might be a decent hint.
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Fri Apr 07, 2023 12:35 pm

my tv broke wrote:If anyone is still looking to bring in Hosking - https://www.penrithpanthers.com.au/news/2023/04/07/final-word-round-6/

Ivan typically vague and non committal answers re Garner and Martin, similar for Hosking, though re Hosking 'it looks like he's forming a good little combo with Nathan on that right edge' might be a decent hint.

Pretty sure Martin has always played right side. Even when Capewell started on the right, he would move to the left when Martin came on for Kikau.

Post by Guest Fri Apr 07, 2023 12:36 pm

my tv broke wrote:If anyone is still looking to bring in Hosking - https://www.penrithpanthers.com.au/news/2023/04/07/final-word-round-6/

Sounds like he’s in with the bosses son

Current date/time is Sun Jul 28, 2024 1:07 am