NRL Fantasy Fanatics



Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

    NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 25 - Take it to the betting thread you degenerates

    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

    Posts : 12699
    Reputation : 5484
    Join date : 2019-07-24

     NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 25 - Take it to the betting thread you degenerates - Page 3 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 25 - Take it to the betting thread you degenerates

    Post by Rabbits21 Thu Mar 30, 2023 2:21 am

    mickspicks wrote:Any further word on Tofu Harris?
    If I had him I think I would trade him I don’t think he’s gonna play this week and even if he does play this week or next he’s probs gonna be a bit hampered with the injury.

    A Tohu to a Hosking or Lemuelu mightn’t be a bad trade something that can help you build your bank to get Hynes round 7/8.

    On Hands I’m not going near him I can’t see Hodgson just playing 50mins each week all of a sudden. Parra still rate him highly especially if you listen to BA at the presser last week. If Hands plays it’s more likely a 15-20mins role off the bench I reckon.
    Dttragic2016
    Dttragic2016

    Posts : 1297
    Reputation : 956
    Join date : 2016-02-24
    Location : Sydney

     NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 25 - Take it to the betting thread you degenerates - Page 3 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 25 - Take it to the betting thread you degenerates

    Post by Dttragic2016 Thu Mar 30, 2023 2:28 am

    Funny reading about guys asking questions and then disappearing. I've read most pages on this forum for over a decade but don't post often. Most whiny reason too - I hate typing on mobile but almost always read the posts on mobile haha.

    Anyways back to the important stuff. I don't have a hooker this week and two of my wfb are hhunt and warbrick.

    Will either do something sensible like trade in Hands and Miller to get a 40ish point upgrade on my current side.
    Or something crazy like trade a gun to Hynes.

    I really like Hopgood as a captaincy option this week, in which case I def won't bring in Hynes.

    Just wanted to say a big thank you to mtb for the footystats site and everyone who runs/moderates this forum. Think it's the only online community I've ever been a part of, or atleast for this length of time.
    I'm sure you guys have seen some of the crap on fb groups lol. And the drama we do have is so entertaining. Alts + the Rabs days etc. Aaah good times!
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

    Posts : 26635
    Reputation : 18839
    Join date : 2016-01-08

     NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 25 - Take it to the betting thread you degenerates - Page 3 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 25 - Take it to the betting thread you degenerates

    Post by my tv broke Thu Mar 30, 2023 2:35 am

    Mulvy wrote:

    What are you predicting? Priced at 50-51ish? I'll admit, he's been looking good in real life. What are you thinking fantasy wise?

    I hadnt given it any thought tbh.

    Think he starts playing closer to 80 on the reg. Attacking upside. Warriors solid. New gun hok has arrived

    Probably 5+ points better than J Brailz Yikes


    Last edited by my tv broke on Thu Mar 30, 2023 2:41 am; edited 1 time in total
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

    Posts : 12699
    Reputation : 5484
    Join date : 2019-07-24

     NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 25 - Take it to the betting thread you degenerates - Page 3 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 25 - Take it to the betting thread you degenerates

    Post by Rabbits21 Thu Mar 30, 2023 2:39 am

    I think it might’ve been Matt earlier that mentioned Matamua well his 3 games in NSW Cup this year ppm is a worry he has a 26 in 80mins, a 28 in 60mins and a 55 in 80mins. That worries me especially with such a low ppm. If he’s getting 30-35mins off the bench in first grade this week he might only score a 20 or so. And with poor JS surely better options are gonna come up. I’m trying to avoid all Tigers for now something I should’ve done from the start.

    But then again Tigers are one of the first teams to finish their byes so I might have to look at guys like Ipap, Bateman and Klemmer down the line.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

    Posts : 26635
    Reputation : 18839
    Join date : 2016-01-08

     NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 25 - Take it to the betting thread you degenerates - Page 3 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 25 - Take it to the betting thread you degenerates

    Post by my tv broke Thu Mar 30, 2023 2:43 am

    Rabbits21 wrote:I think it might’ve been Matt earlier that mentioned Matamua well his 3 games in NSW Cup this year ppm is a worry he has a 26 in 80mins, a 28 in 60mins and a 55 in 80mins. That worries me especially with such a low ppm. If he’s getting 30-35mins off the bench in first grade this week he might only score a 20 or so. And with poor JS surely better options are gonna come up. I’m trying to avoid all Tigers for now something I should’ve done from the start.

    But then again Tigers are one of the first teams to finish their byes so I might have to look at guys like Ipap, Bateman and Klemmer down the line.

    Matamua is 230k, no reason to bring him in this week. Easily a wait and see, especially with Blore/Ofa hanging around and final 17 likely to change
    mickspicks
    mickspicks

    Posts : 3084
    Reputation : 902
    Join date : 2017-04-23
    Location : Phin Fully Up 4 Herbie

     NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 25 - Take it to the betting thread you degenerates - Page 3 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 25 - Take it to the betting thread you degenerates

    Post by mickspicks Thu Mar 30, 2023 2:44 am

    Rabbits21 wrote:
    If I had him I think I would trade him I don’t think he’s gonna play this week and even if he does play this week or next he’s probs gonna be a bit hampered with the injury.

    A Tohu to a Hosking or Lemuelu mightn’t be a bad trade something that can help you build your bank to get Hynes round 7/8.

    On Hands I’m not going near him I can’t see Hodgson just playing 50mins each week all of a sudden. Parra still rate him highly especially if you listen to BA at the presser last week. If Hands plays it’s more likely a 15-20mins role off the bench I reckon.

    I bought him two weeks ago but not really sure what to do. Definitely considering doing your suggested trade, probably to Lemuelu, but really don't know how bad it is for Tohu which makes me almost want to wait.

    Hands seems like a slight trap, a bit like Lawton. Exciting fella but think that role will change week to week. Brad also has the history of just not using bench players either.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

    Posts : 15689
    Reputation : 8439
    Join date : 2015-10-22
    Location : Sydney

     NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 25 - Take it to the betting thread you degenerates - Page 3 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 25 - Take it to the betting thread you degenerates

    Post by Revraiser Thu Mar 30, 2023 2:59 am

    I hadn't caught this yet, just an Nrl Ad/promo featuring the sexy one

    https://fb.watch/jz-q9LL6Rz/
    Dttragic2016
    Dttragic2016

    Posts : 1297
    Reputation : 956
    Join date : 2016-02-24
    Location : Sydney

     NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 25 - Take it to the betting thread you degenerates - Page 3 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 25 - Take it to the betting thread you degenerates

    Post by Dttragic2016 Thu Mar 30, 2023 3:07 am

    Also holy shit just saw yafss- that info is amazing!
    StuDogg101
    StuDogg101

    Posts : 4251
    Reputation : 1812
    Join date : 2015-09-30
    Location : Christchurch, NZ

     NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 25 - Take it to the betting thread you degenerates - Page 3 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 25 - Take it to the betting thread you degenerates

    Post by StuDogg101 Thu Mar 30, 2023 3:37 am

    mickspicks wrote:

    I bought him two weeks ago but not really sure what to do. Definitely considering doing your suggested trade, probably to Lemuelu, but really don't know how bad it is for Tohu which makes me almost want to wait.

    Hands seems like a slight trap, a bit like Lawton. Exciting fella but think that role will change week to week. Brad also has the history of just not using bench players either.

    Hands is almost certainly a trap but my *cough* hand has been forced this week personally as I need a hooker. I'd rather bring him in for a 20 and be able to get Hosking too for two cows than have to downgrade someone or milk a cow early to get someone like Brailey.

    Obviously all I'm doing is kicking the can down the road, but I'll deal with it properly at some point 😅
    Pookus McFly
    Pookus McFly

    Posts : 5653
    Reputation : 5287
    Join date : 2016-01-19

     NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 25 - Take it to the betting thread you degenerates - Page 3 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 25 - Take it to the betting thread you degenerates

    Post by Pookus McFly Thu Mar 30, 2023 3:49 am

    Rabbits21 wrote:
    I’ve even heard of someone doing Cook to Hynes this week. Moves like that are silly for mine.

    I am probs gonna use Cartwright as a way for me to get Hynes as well.

    Well done as well you mightn’t think you’ve started well but rank 2.5 is good you’ll defs be top 200 this year again I think your team is gun.

    I’ve had my worst start in quite a while if not worst start ever it was the round 2 sub 700 score that sent me back to 26-27k. Then round 3 I got back up to 18k, and after last round 13k so I’m not too happy.  I had 3 poor captaincy picks in a row in Cleary, Hopgood and Grant.

    I’m putting it back on Cleary though this week.

    Another thing I’ve got wrong the last few weeks is I always play the wrong one out of Thompson or Warbrick can’t seem to pick it!

    Yeah swapping guns has never been the way. Some teams need a half and/or Cleary and it could be a good move for their team but I am happy not to force it. 2-3 weeks is a long time in football, anything could happen.

    Your team looks solid as hell, just had some bad luck- I really think you will start climbing the ranks quickly with that mob. You need to pick and stick with Captain Cleary though (good advice for myself also). Thompson just not seeing enough ball, I can’t trust him or Warbrick in my 17 so I like your idea of bringing in Ted. Plenty will be targeting him in one round for 20-30k less but if you are ahead of the curve you can sometimes reap advantages.
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

    Posts : 12699
    Reputation : 5484
    Join date : 2019-07-24

     NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 25 - Take it to the betting thread you degenerates - Page 3 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 25 - Take it to the betting thread you degenerates

    Post by Rabbits21 Thu Mar 30, 2023 4:00 am

    Pookus McFly wrote:

    Yeah swapping guns has never been the way. Some teams need a half and/or Cleary and it could be a good move for their team but I am happy not to force it. 2-3 weeks is a long time in football, anything could happen.

    Your team looks solid as hell, just had some bad luck- I really think you will start climbing the ranks quickly with that mob. You need to pick and stick with Captain Cleary though (good advice for myself also). Thompson just not seeing enough ball, I can’t trust him or Warbrick in my 17 so I like your idea of bringing in Ted. Plenty will be targeting him in one round for 20-30k less but if you are ahead of the curve you can sometimes reap advantages.
    I changed my mind mate as I do not wanna miss Hosking.

    Now looking at:

    Trindall to I. Katoa
    Doorey to Hosking

    Leaves 195k spare and

    Grant
    Haas Hopgood Ford
    Katoa Hosking
    Cleary SJ
    Bird Lemuelu
    Turbo Miller Warbrick

    Loiero Preston Cartwright Boyd
    Thompson Alamoti I. Katoa BMM


    Thoughts?
    Pookus McFly
    Pookus McFly

    Posts : 5653
    Reputation : 5287
    Join date : 2016-01-19

     NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 25 - Take it to the betting thread you degenerates - Page 3 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 25 - Take it to the betting thread you degenerates

    Post by Pookus McFly Thu Mar 30, 2023 4:08 am

    Rabbits21 wrote:
    I changed my mind mate as I do not wanna miss Hosking.

    Now looking at:

    Trindall to I. Katoa
    Doorey to Hosking

    Leaves 195k spare and

    Grant
    Haas Hopgood Ford
    Katoa Hosking
    Cleary SJ
    Bird Lemuelu
    Turbo Miller Warbrick

    Loiero Preston Cartwright Boyd
    Thompson Alamoti I. Katoa BMM


    Thoughts?

    Looks good, i’m chasing Hosking too so can’t protest those moves. Warbrick over Thompson eh? Hope you get it wrong again this week for Souths’ sake Razz
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

    Posts : 8828
    Reputation : 6333
    Join date : 2016-08-21

     NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 25 - Take it to the betting thread you degenerates - Page 3 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 25 - Take it to the betting thread you degenerates

    Post by WT Winfield Thu Mar 30, 2023 4:13 am

    Seems alright to me Rabbits. Hell next week you could probably trade Thompson to Talau and Warbrick to Teddy if you really wanted.. not that I'd trade Warbrick just yet obv.

    One of Loiero, Carty or Hosking could be ready to punt in ~2 weeks and timed well with Ted bottoming out if he puts up another ~40 this week.
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

    Posts : 12699
    Reputation : 5484
    Join date : 2019-07-24

     NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 25 - Take it to the betting thread you degenerates - Page 3 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 25 - Take it to the betting thread you degenerates

    Post by Rabbits21 Thu Mar 30, 2023 4:27 am

    WT Winfield wrote:Seems alright to me Rabbits. Hell next week you could probably trade Thompson to Talau and Warbrick to Teddy if you really wanted.. not that I'd trade Warbrick just yet obv.

    One of Loiero, Carty or Hosking could be ready to punt in ~2 weeks and timed well with Ted bottoming out if he puts up another ~40 this week.
    Thanks mate probs need a a way to get Hynes come round 7/8 too.
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

    Posts : 12699
    Reputation : 5484
    Join date : 2019-07-24

     NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 25 - Take it to the betting thread you degenerates - Page 3 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 25 - Take it to the betting thread you degenerates

    Post by Rabbits21 Thu Mar 30, 2023 4:29 am

    Pookus McFly wrote:

    Looks good, i’m chasing Hosking too so can’t protest those moves. Warbrick over Thompson eh? Hope you get it wrong again this week for Souths’ sake Razz
    I’m not too well right now have a head cold, quite a sore throat and a sore ear but I’m still going on Friday Night just won’t call out much but still I can clap my hands red raw!

    Hope you find a way to get Hosking in I’m sure you will.


    Last edited by Rabbits21 on Thu Mar 30, 2023 4:53 am; edited 1 time in total
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

    Posts : 8828
    Reputation : 6333
    Join date : 2016-08-21

     NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 25 - Take it to the betting thread you degenerates - Page 3 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 25 - Take it to the betting thread you degenerates

    Post by WT Winfield Thu Mar 30, 2023 4:34 am

    Rabbits21 wrote:
    Thanks mate probs need a a way to get Hynes come round 7/8 too.

    Yep, have to see how things play out the next couple of weeks. Tides could change fast if Hynes scores ~60 this week and Ted pumps out 70+.
    Jele
    Jele

    NFL Fantasy L1 Champion : 2019
    NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2020
    Posts : 2270
    Reputation : 1208
    Join date : 2015-12-25

     NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 25 - Take it to the betting thread you degenerates - Page 3 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 25 - Take it to the betting thread you degenerates

    Post by Jele Thu Mar 30, 2023 7:26 am

    @Porn Johnson , just thinking about your idea of holding Hodgson for this round and picking up Ford and Hosking. I reckon it can work, as long as you have enough cash to get rid of Hodgson next week if you need to.
    manlybeaver
    manlybeaver

    Posts : 1557
    Reputation : 404
    Join date : 2015-11-06

     NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 25 - Take it to the betting thread you degenerates - Page 3 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 25 - Take it to the betting thread you degenerates

    Post by manlybeaver Thu Mar 30, 2023 7:52 am

    Schuster out for clash with knights. Maybe croker to halves and Lawton to hooker.
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

    Posts : 13612
    Reputation : 8712
    Join date : 2015-09-30

     NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 25 - Take it to the betting thread you degenerates - Page 3 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 25 - Take it to the betting thread you degenerates

    Post by rhinoceroo Thu Mar 30, 2023 8:04 am

    manlybeaver wrote:Schuster out for clash with knights. Maybe croker to halves and Lawton to hooker.

    Why would they not play Johns or Weekes rather than moving another spine player?
    manlybeaver
    manlybeaver

    Posts : 1557
    Reputation : 404
    Join date : 2015-11-06

     NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 25 - Take it to the betting thread you degenerates - Page 3 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 25 - Take it to the betting thread you degenerates

    Post by manlybeaver Thu Mar 30, 2023 8:24 am

    rhinoceroo wrote:

    Why would they not play Johns or Weekes rather than moving another spine player?
    Forgot about John's but if weekes moves into half surely Lawton gets a bench spot

      Current date/time is Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:49 pm