NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 24 - Responsibility is not a good look for me

rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 24 - Responsibility is not a good look for me - Page 48 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 24 - Responsibility is not a good look for me

Post by rhinoceroo Wed Mar 29, 2023 8:12 pm

mrbrownstone wrote:For those suggesting a Hynes/Cleary origin halves pairing - don't think it'd be a case of too many cooks? Two fairly ball-dominant halves, I think there's an argument they'd get in each others' way. Probably the same logic by which Luai was preferred over Burton to partner Cleary at Penrith in the first place.

Cleary is a kicking half who can run, Hynes is a running half who can kick. I think they're pretty complementary.

Picking Hynes over Luai would step on Cleary's toes a bit, but so what, it would make a better team.
    mattnz
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 24 - Responsibility is not a good look for me - Page 48 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 24 - Responsibility is not a good look for me

Post by mattnz Wed Mar 29, 2023 8:16 pm

Grouse wrote:Mitchell Pearce to the Tigers would be the most Tigers signing ever.

Could have jumped on Woods when available Razz
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Wed Mar 29, 2023 8:21 pm

Grouse wrote:Mitchell Pearce to the Tigers would be the most Tigers signing ever.

Could have kept Hastings and had pretty much the same player eight years younger and four times cheaper. But, yes, Wests.
    Alfie
    Alfie

Post by Alfie Wed Mar 29, 2023 8:22 pm

King Assassin wrote:When do people usually give up on there fantasy team. I think mines too far gone to pull it back now, Might just delete the app.

Show us ya team, we'll decide lol
    Yet again out of trades

Post by Yet again out of trades Wed Mar 29, 2023 8:24 pm

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:So the Hosking FOMO has gotten too much. Is it madness to take a donut at HOK to grab Hosking/Ford for Hodgson/HSS for example this week

Or could keep Hodgson for his 10-30 and trade HSS/Trindall for Hosking/Ford

This is quite the headache, any thoughts guys?

I belive it is madness taking a hit in an erea just to get him I was almost convinced going lemuelu instead to strengthen my centers up and having him instead of itt I doubt he scores that highly again this week the cash Gen is nice but multiple others have a potential to make the same or more in saying that I also folded to the fomo but everyone else is what you would probably consider serviceable
    Yet again out of trades

Post by Yet again out of trades Wed Mar 29, 2023 8:26 pm

rhinoceroo wrote:

Could have kept Hastings and had pretty much the same player eight years younger and four times cheaper. But, yes, Wests.

Haha mitch will probably get along better with the team just keep him away from beloved family pets
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed Mar 29, 2023 8:27 pm

If we can swap him for Brooks would be all over that

Can you imagine if Melbourne Storm were still persisting with Brodie Croft as an undroppable halfback in 2023?
    He debuted 3 years after Brooks did
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms
    Fanatic

Post by multiple.scoregasms Wed Mar 29, 2023 8:30 pm

Jumping Marlin wrote:Not fantasy relevant, but interesting article about why the Dragons suck.

https://www.theroar.com.au/2023/03/29/slow-progress-why-are-anthony-griffins-dragons-so-bad-and-can-he-fix-it/

TLDR: they take way longer to complete their sets than anyone else, even though they play boring footy with not many passes.  Last week they were almost 50/50 in time in possession but Sharks had 47 sets to the Dragons 34

Very interesting post thanks for sharing JM
    EJ24
    EJ24

Post by EJ24 Wed Mar 29, 2023 8:31 pm

Any advice on my team lads?

Boyd
    Harris Haas Murray
    Hopgood Wilton
    Cleary SJ
    Tass Alamoti
    Miller Warbrick Martin

Preston Cartwright Katoa Ford
    Thompson Sloan Doorey BMM
    $147k Itb

Need a hooker this week. Thinking of trading Tohu to Brailey. Pretty unorthodox but Harris playing injured could reduce his scoring output.

With the other trade I can go Doorey - Hosking
    Yet again out of trades

Post by Yet again out of trades Wed Mar 29, 2023 8:31 pm

Milchcow wrote:

Can you imagine if Melbourne Storm were still persisting with Brodie Croft as an undroppable halfback in 2023?

It's always stood out as stupid but when you put it like that it's just plain bat shit crazy and the more proplexing part is that multiple coaches have tried to fix the place and have done everything but drop brooks for an extended period of time
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Wed Mar 29, 2023 8:32 pm

Hosking: good gamble for some, but for me the only possibilities to trade out for him are Boyd and Loreiro, and flicking guys who probably have 100k to make for one who possibly makes 150k doesn't sound like good business.

If I hadn't max-traded so far would probably be more tempted but if you can't bank trades when all your mid-rangers are making money when can you bank them?
    Alfie
    Alfie

Post by Alfie Wed Mar 29, 2023 8:34 pm

EJ24 wrote:Any advice on my team lads?

Boyd
    Harris Haas Murray
    Hopgood Wilton
    Cleary SJ
    Tass Alamoti
    Miller Warbrick Martin

$147k Itb

Need a hooker this week. Thinking of trading Tohu to Brailey. Pretty unorthodox but Harris playing injured could reduce his scoring output.

Did you only have Boyd to begin the season?
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Wed Mar 29, 2023 8:34 pm

Milchcow wrote:

Croft has been much better in Super League than Pearce has been like, much, much better. Hastings was too. Brooks probably will be as well.
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms
    Fanatic

Post by multiple.scoregasms Wed Mar 29, 2023 8:34 pm

Finch wrote:

Agree with this 100%

And I hope people don't think I do the same - As sometimes I go MIA for the week (But still reading every post) then Thursday it's like "Hey guys what should I do!?"

I'm here for every match, I read every post, post somewhat frequently - I feel like I don't really have much to add/what I want to say has already been said lol

afro

You've built enough good will that it will never be a problem with you Finchy

Only thing missing is attending the next meet up
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms
    Fanatic

Post by multiple.scoregasms Wed Mar 29, 2023 8:36 pm

my tv broke wrote:Is everyone else burning through trades ? Ive max traded so far which is not my norm. Doesnt appear to be slowing down any time soon with Hynes or Cleary someone I need to get soon.

I'm normally very conservative and have max traded. Couple of extra trades that I'm happy to see go early
    Yet again out of trades

Post by Yet again out of trades Wed Mar 29, 2023 8:36 pm

EJ24 wrote:Any advice on my team lads?

Boyd
    Harris Haas Murray
    Hopgood Wilton
    Cleary SJ
    Tass Alamoti
    Miller Warbrick Martin

$147k Itb

Tohu trade seems like a given / must with the uncertainty and probably bleeding cash soon and l can't argue 2nd trade ethier seems like the best bet for price range what does them 2 trades leave you like for cash and how long till bmm is upgraded ?
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Wed Mar 29, 2023 8:39 pm

MF wrote:

Fox sports
    More news from the shire. I wouldn’t even mind it if it was max two years and not some stupid cap number
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Wed Mar 29, 2023 8:39 pm

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:So the Hosking FOMO has gotten too much. Is it madness to take a donut at HOK to grab Hosking/Ford for Hodgson/HSS for example this week

Or could keep Hodgson for his 10-30 and trade HSS/Trindall for Hosking/Ford

This is quite the headache, any thoughts guys?

Read this back as someone else asking this and what would your answer be?

If Hodgson is your only hooker this week, I think upgrading your hooker is number one priority.
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Wed Mar 29, 2023 8:40 pm

rhinoceroo wrote:Hosking: good gamble for some, but for me the only possibilities to trade out for him are Boyd and Loreiro, and flicking guys who probably have 100k to make for one who possibly makes 150k doesn't sound like good business.

If I hadn't max-traded so far would probably be more tempted but if you can't bank trades when all your mid-rangers are making money when can you bank them?

Legitimately finding this the hardest decision of my season so far

Seems like free money but why has a player taken 4.5 years to crack NRL, then a club change and another year to maybe be a regular first grader? Hardly seems like undeniable talent.

BTW my previous (only) hard decision this season was whether to hold Cheese, or bring in BMM, Uto or Leo. You can guess how that went.
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Wed Mar 29, 2023 8:41 pm

The rumour I heard was Wests were trying to swap Brooks and Aiden Sezer but Leeds said no. Reading the Fox article it suggests that the Pearce approach was before Christmas?

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 4:09 pm