NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 24 - Responsibility is not a good look for me

Antipodean1
    Antipodean1

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 24 - Responsibility is not a good look for me - Page 40 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 24 - Responsibility is not a good look for me

Post by Antipodean1 Wed Mar 29, 2023 3:03 am

All common sense aside, Hosking kills it from an eye-test and base stats point of view...also there are a bunch of fallen guns you can switch to IF Hosking is short lived.

It comes down to your gut, jump on now for cash gen...or pick him up as a cut-price keeper next week.

The difference will be about 60k.
    Alfie
    Alfie

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 24 - Responsibility is not a good look for me - Page 40 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 24 - Responsibility is not a good look for me

Post by Alfie Wed Mar 29, 2023 3:03 am

Antipodean1 wrote:

Sorensen is now seen more middle cover from the bench, and is only required because both Martin and Garner are recovering.

I agree Hosking is a no-brainer and I would play him and Martin, but I am not yet convinced I.Cleary sees it that way.

yeah true, hopefully daddy chin comes around
    Boozecluez
    Boozecluez

Post by Boozecluez Wed Mar 29, 2023 3:10 am

Alfie wrote:

pressuring people to make trades is fun though Rolling Eyes

Haha I guess when you look at it that way
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Wed Mar 29, 2023 3:11 am

Antipodean1 wrote:All common sense aside, Hosking kills it from an eye-test and base stats point of view...also there are a bunch of fallen guns you can switch to IF Hosking is short lived.

It comes down to your gut, jump on now for cash gen...or pick him up as a cut-price keeper next week.

The difference will be about 60k.
    I’m hoping there will be other Hoskingesque opportunities throughout the year. Just doesn’t feel safe enough for my risk appetite.
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Wed Mar 29, 2023 3:13 am

my tv broke wrote:

That game itself is unlikely to repeat often. Went at such a high pace and then a few mins of ET. There were six players that made over 50 tackles in the game and of course we had cleary, er, i mean Moses, kick it over 1000m

yeah end to end with super high completion rate, few errors, not high scoring, plus golden point.
    The perfect environment for tacklebots
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Wed Mar 29, 2023 3:15 am

ytsb wrote:There are indeed ways to win money gambling, but you need to leverage sign up bonusses and bonus bet promos, largely on horse racing. There's a fairly large "underbelly" of dudes who pay $500 for people's gambling accounts so they can abuse promos. They turn that $500 investment (plus $200 iPhone 7 because you cant use more than 1 account per device) into 10k odd before getting banned. These guys rake in a ridiculous amount of money. Managing these accounts by yourself, you can deal with ~15 (cycling which ones you're using on weekends, usually 6 per weekend), and rake in 120kish per year tax free. There are guys who do this and earn hundreds of thousands.

Reeks of Lando Calrissian to me
    Snatchpato
    Snatchpato

Post by Snatchpato Wed Mar 29, 2023 3:19 am

I guess you've got to look at Hosking this way:

If you buy you either get great scoring or he loses his job and you trade him out. At worst, you lose a trade. At best you get a cut-priced keeper.

If you don't buy him he either continues to score great and you completely miss him, or bring him in for higher price. If he loses his job nothing happens to you. At worst, you miss a huge cash injection, at best, nothing happens.

For mine, at this stage, he's worth a punt if you don't have bigger issues to deal with. If you do have bigger issues (or want ford instead as an example) you can get another look this week, and get the opportunity to see if he plays in week 6. All it'll cost is extra money.

Tldr: it won't make or break your season this week whether you get him or not

Last edited by Snatchpato on Wed Mar 29, 2023 3:20 am; edited 2 times in total
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Wed Mar 29, 2023 3:20 am

Alfie wrote:

Yeah probably, I like that the Tigers have Simpkin and To'a on the bench though, could mean an extra 10mins for Uto. Klemmer and/or Twal could snap them up though too

I have a strong suspicion that Matamua takes decent minutes.

Minutes in the last couple of games have suggested something like:
    Klemmer 50 (his average last 2 games)
    Uto 45 (his average last 2 games)
    Pole 50 (51 average the last 2 games)
    Twal 45 (his average the last 2 games and reducing each week)

That could leave a nice chunk of minutes for Matamua at around 40-50ish.

It fits with the early season discussion where we were hearing that Jofa wasn't in the plans for this season, (30 minute average, now dropped for Matamua) and that Matamua was their incoming ball playing lock. He has been playing 60 to 80 minutes for Wests at lock each week, so has a good motor. We are seeing a rumour become reality, early in the season, so there seems to be truth to it.

We saw what Matamua is capable of in the first trial, where he scored 58 in 50 minutes, including a couple of offloads (knocked the ball on trying for a 3rd offload), one of his offloads set up a try and made 37 tackles with 0 misses. I just rewatched that trial game and he was often taking 3 tackles in a set effortlessly throughout the game.

He turns 20 in a couple of months, Pole is 20 now and they have had the confidence to give him good minutes, so age may not be the issue that it is at other clubs.

He is my POD pick of the week for a downgrade.

Last edited by mattnz on Wed Mar 29, 2023 3:21 am; edited 1 time in total
    code delta
    code delta

Post by code delta Wed Mar 29, 2023 3:20 am

I've many pages to catch up on so sorry if this has been covered.
    Is Suluka-Fifita at the bunnies a potential cow? JS?
    Welsh Mafia
    Welsh Mafia

Post by Welsh Mafia Wed Mar 29, 2023 3:21 am

danseels1985 wrote:To’o to Hosking

TU:Yup
    TD:Nup

Cmon dude, be better. You asked the same question a few days ago and got a resounding "yes". I'm surprised people gave you feedback as it seems that you make 1 post a week to provide us your team and your trade plans, then disappear for the week. Should we consider ourselves lucky this week to get a second post, of which you wouldn'tve needed if you took the time to actually read the feedback that people put their time and effort into for you.

We're all here to help each other, you're a great fantasy player and could help lots of people if you put some effort in as well.. nobody likes someone that just takes from the table.

Last edited by Welsh Mafia on Wed Mar 29, 2023 3:27 am; edited 1 time in total
    Fortitude
    Fortitude

Post by Fortitude Wed Mar 29, 2023 3:22 am

Trades for the week are not very inspiring.

Boyd > hands
    Hodgson> braily

Leaves me with

Braily
    Hopgood, Haas, Sutton
    Ford, Fifita
    Moses, hands
    Penis, alamoti
    Teddy, turbo, Miller

Walsh, carigan, carty, preston.

Warbrick, Luke, afk, HSS.

With about 160k itb next week I’ll look at upgrading sutton and warbrick or HSS work towards getting either Cleary or hynes.

Welsh Mafia
    Welsh Mafia

Post by Welsh Mafia Wed Mar 29, 2023 3:23 am

mattnz wrote:

It fits with the early season discussion where we were hearing that Jofa wasn't in the plans for this season, (30 minute average, now dropped for Matamua) and that Matamua was their incoming ball playing lock. He has been playing 60 to 80 minutes for Wests at lock each week, so has a good motor. We are seeing a rumour become reality, early in the season, so there seems to be truth to it.

We saw what Matamua is capable of in the first trial, where he scored 58 in 50 minutes, including a couple of offloads (knocked the ball on trying for a 3rd offload), one of his offloads set up a try and made 37 tackles with 0 misses. I just rewatched that trial game and he was often taking 3 tackles in a set effortlessly throughout the game.

He turns 20 in a couple of months, Pole is 20 now and they have had the confidence to give him good minutes, so age may not be the issue that it is at other clubs.

Placing any trust in the Sheenanigans going on at the Tigers - nobody can ever question your balls haha. Good luck
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Wed Mar 29, 2023 3:27 am

Toa is probably just there if Bateman isn't good to go, in which case Toa centre, Kepaoa edg and Blore onto bench.

Don't think they run out as listed, regardless.
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Wed Mar 29, 2023 3:29 am

White Lightning wrote:on betting the nrl it's too much risk for the return as any team can beat the other on it's day
    you get a better return at a lower risk betting on the football premier league because the results are pretty much as expected & you know who will get the attacking stats like goals/assists
    I think you’ll find the %’s are very very similar therefore so is the risk. This is terrible advice
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Wed Mar 29, 2023 3:31 am

my tv broke wrote:Toa is probably just there if Bateman isn't good to go, in which case Toa centre, Kepaoa edg and Blore onto bench.

Don't think they run out as listed, regardless.

Kepaoa has quietly done what we hope Null does.

Don’t think it could be foreseen
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Wed Mar 29, 2023 3:34 am

Krump wrote:
    I think you’ll find the %’s are very very similar therefore so is the risk. This is terrible advice

Yeah I reckon bookmakers might adjust for certainty
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Wed Mar 29, 2023 3:35 am

robelgordo wrote:

Kepaoa has quietly done what we hope Null does.

Don’t think it could be foreseen

Had a look at him a while ago but couldn't commit as he was getting shifted around on game day pretty much every week. You couldn't tell if he was going to be EDG, CTR or bench (plus the TIgers straight batting injury news and naming pretty ropey bench lineups on TLT) but he actually looked alright in the few games I watched.
    The Goat Boys
    The Goat Boys

Post by The Goat Boys Wed Mar 29, 2023 3:35 am

mattnz wrote:

I thought Matamua looked great also in the pre season.

Why didn`t he play first couple of weeks?

Might look at him over Hands
    Fortitude
    Fortitude

Post by Fortitude Wed Mar 29, 2023 3:35 am

Any news on bateman injury? Reckon he blew a nut when he got hit with the ball? Could be why shenius didn’t want to talk about it.
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Wed Mar 29, 2023 3:37 am

Fortitude wrote:Any news on bateman injury? Reckon he blew a nut when he got hit with the ball? Could be why shenius didn’t want to talk about it.

Forgot the plays

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 10:28 am