NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 24 - Responsibility is not a good look for me

Alfie
    Alfie

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 24 - Responsibility is not a good look for me - Page 38 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 24 - Responsibility is not a good look for me

Post by Alfie Wed Mar 29, 2023 12:51 pm

Not getting Hosking just seems like a season-ending decision to me. You’d be a brave man to forego him imo
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 24 - Responsibility is not a good look for me - Page 38 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 24 - Responsibility is not a good look for me

Post by Bethany_B Wed Mar 29, 2023 12:54 pm

Alfie wrote:Not getting Hosking just seems like a season-ending decision to me. You’d be a brave man to forego him imo

I'm buying him because I want money but devil's advocate says that we said the same thing about Talakai last year and look how that turned out.
    Pookus McFly
    Pookus McFly

Post by Pookus McFly Wed Mar 29, 2023 12:55 pm

Against the sage advice of some respectable forum members, I still think I am going through with Bird>Lemuelu as my enabler for Doorey>Hosking. Trading without my brain is the strategy this year, trying to have some fun instead of stressing about every week and agonising in the what-ifs. Might need to have a beer with Booze, he seems to have this down pat.

I mainly started the season with Bird because I didn’t see any strong centre options. I am so comfortable running Lemuelu (backing him to keep the gig) and Alamoti until he tops out. Might end up having to buy Bird back, though I am somewhat spooked by his early benching despite good minutes- its clear Hook has no idea what he fuck he wants to do and JDB is back next week. On the flip side, Hosking could well be a one week wonder- but the chance that keeps the role and becomes a $541k keeper is too hard to pass up. I don’t want to miss the boat and be deliberating on a $600k Hosking next week.

Gives me:

Kenny
    Haas Tapine Carrigan
    eKatoa Hosking
    Cleary SJ
    Lemuelu Alamoti
    Tedesco Walsh Miller
    Hopgood Cartwright Preston Ford
    Warbrick ITT iKatoa HSS

Planning Cartwright>Brailey next week, and then do whatever is in my power to chase Hynes.
    Simples!
    Alfie
    Alfie

Post by Alfie Wed Mar 29, 2023 12:59 pm

Bethany_B wrote:

I'm buying him because I want money but devil's advocate says that we said the same thing about Talakai last year and look how that turned out.

Talakai was a centre though tbf. A lot less scoring security. Hosking’s job security is his only caveat
    Shady2K
    Shady2K

Post by Shady2K Wed Mar 29, 2023 1:00 pm

Alfie wrote:Not getting Hosking just seems like a season-ending decision to me. You’d be a brave man to forego him imo

For me it’s between Ford and Hosking, and Ford has no questions about job security and is 160k cheaper

If I had a third trade though, I’d 100% get Hosking
    Alfie
    Alfie

Post by Alfie Wed Mar 29, 2023 1:04 pm

Shady2K wrote:

For me it’s between Ford and Hosking, and Ford has no questions about job security and is 160k cheaper

Yeah Ford’s probably ahead at the moment I’d say
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Wed Mar 29, 2023 1:05 pm

Shady2K wrote:

Ford and Hosking probably make about the same amount of money anyway so it’s not a huge deal. I’d prefer not to be worrying about TLT and Hosking for the next couple of weeks so will go with Ford.

If Ford averages 50+ for the next few weeks he makes 150k so it’s all good
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Wed Mar 29, 2023 1:05 pm

Alfie wrote:

Talakai was a centre though tbf. A lot less scoring security. Hosking’s job security is his only caveat

Snatchpato’s post about how’s he’s outperforming some fantasy relevant EDGs in the league including 3 of the likeky top EDGs in Koloamatangi/Fifita/IPap (including lower negatives) was very interesting (page 24 on this thread)

Last edited by Camo123 on Wed Mar 29, 2023 1:08 pm; edited 2 times in total
    mintotheimmortal
    mintotheimmortal

Post by mintotheimmortal Wed Mar 29, 2023 1:05 pm

Yea for me I already have Ford and Hosking is a straight swap from EButcher which I'm willing to roll the dice on. will only use the one trade and re assess next week. luckily no injuries and only 1 player on the bye this week so happy to save another trade here.

If I did not have Ford he would be who I prioritise though. Because of all listed reasons from others prior and also his DPP
    Holzman
    Holzman

Post by Holzman Wed Mar 29, 2023 1:08 pm

Pookus McFly wrote:Against the sage advice of some respectable forum members, I still think I am going through with Bird>Lemuelu as my enabler for Doorey>Hosking. Trading without my brain is the strategy this year, trying to have some fun instead of stressing about every week and agonising in the what-ifs. Might need to have a beer with Booze, he seems to have this down pat.

I mainly started the season with Bird because I didn’t see any strong centre options. I am so comfortable running Lemuelu (backing him to keep the gig) and Alamoti until he tops out. Might end up having to buy Bird back, though I am somewhat spooked by his early benching despite good minutes- its clear Hook has no idea what he fuck he wants to do and JDB is back next week. On the flip side, Hosking could well be a one week wonder- but the chance that keeps the role and becomes a $541k keeper is too hard to pass up. I don’t want to miss the boat and be deliberating on a $600k Hosking next week.

Gives me:

Kenny
    Haas Tapine Carrigan
    eKatoa Hosking
    Cleary SJ
    Lemuelu Alamoti
    Tedesco Walsh Miller
    Hopgood Cartwright Preston Ford
    Warbrick ITT iKatoa HSS

Planning Cartwright>Brailey next week, and then do whatever is in my power to chase Hynes.
    Simples!

planning on doing a similar plan with Bird Trindall to Lemuelu Hosking

my only other trade outs are Reynolds (play Ikatoa) or Loiero (cash to make)

I was the same with bird but now there looks like a few good centre options. quiestion though is lemmy it
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Wed Mar 29, 2023 1:09 pm

Bethany_B wrote:

Talakai made about 300-350k from memory if u took the gamble. Prime money maker at the time.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed Mar 29, 2023 1:12 pm

he's good at Fantasy, but he's 26 years old, and I don't think he's ever started in a full strength lineup

Of course he'll probably go on to play every game and average 60/ But in a stacked position this year I think he might be luxury pick.

Loomer
    Loomer

Post by Loomer Wed Mar 29, 2023 1:14 pm

Revraiser wrote:

Put the Penis in mate

MF wrote:

5k short of my price range otherwise I would have done it

That's one expensive hooker
    Alfie
    Alfie

Post by Alfie Wed Mar 29, 2023 1:14 pm

Camo123 wrote:

Snatchpato’s post about how’s he’s outperforming some fantasy relevant EDGs in the league including 3 of the likeky top EDGs in Koloamatangi/Fifita/IPap (including lower negatives) was very interesting (page 24 on this thread)

Very interesting indeed, definitely relevant with regards to Egan Butcher as well. A lot of forwards tend to go all out when they debut and when they first break their way into the starting team. 54 tackles without a miss is definitely unsustainable and in fact I reckon Ivan will tell him to drop that level so that he doesn’t burn out.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Wed Mar 29, 2023 1:16 pm

Alfie wrote:

Very interesting indeed, definitely relevant with regards to Egan Butcher as well. A lot of forwards tend to go all out when they debut and when they first break their way into the starting team. 54 tackles without a miss is definitely unsustainable and in fact I reckon Ivan will tell him to drop that level so that he doesn’t burn out.

That game itself is unlikely to repeat often. Went at such a high pace and then a few mins of ET. There were six players that made over 50 tackles in the game and of course we had cleary, er, i mean Moses, kick it over 1000m

Post by Guest Wed Mar 29, 2023 1:17 pm

Loomer wrote:

That's one expensive hooker

You should see them though
    Pookus McFly
    Pookus McFly

Post by Pookus McFly Wed Mar 29, 2023 1:21 pm

Holzman wrote:

planning on doing a similar plan with Bird Trindall to Lemuelu Hosking

my only other trade outs are Reynolds (play Ikatoa) or Loiero (cash to make)

I was the same with bird but now there looks like a few good centre options. quiestion though is lemmy it

My man! The risks are obvious, but Bird is at peak price with playable alternatives that have value. I wouldn’t trade Areyn, sure to bounce back and plays R13. Loiero would tempt me as a tradeout but he also looks to have cash left to make and should go well with Munster back.
    Alfie
    Alfie

Post by Alfie Wed Mar 29, 2023 1:25 pm

my tv broke wrote:

That game itself is unlikely to repeat often. Went at such a high pace and then a few mins of ET. There were six players that made over 50 tackles in the game and of course we had cleary, er, i mean Moses, kick it over 1000m

1km of kms for Moses. Didn't even notice that Shocked
    Holzman
    Holzman

Post by Holzman Wed Mar 29, 2023 1:28 pm

after tearing apart my team for Hosking im looking into it more

he had 50 tackles (no MT) and a try.

Everything went right for him.

If he dropped a 70 would we be tearing apart our teams for him? Thats putting his tackles back to 35 and adding a miss or 2 and still keeping the try.

Loiero who I was looking to drop for him put up a 56 without a Try.

Add in the JS issues.

If there is a obvious trade out to him I think its a good move but im really cooling on making 2 moves to get him or moving out guys like Bird etc... to force it to happen.

Saving cash to bring in Hynes would be the better move as he could really hurt you.
    Holzman
    Holzman

Post by Holzman Wed Mar 29, 2023 1:30 pm

Pookus McFly wrote:

My man! The risks are obvious, but Bird is at peak price with playable alternatives that have value. I wouldn’t trade Areyn, sure to bounce back and plays R13. Loiero would tempt me as a tradeout but he also looks to have cash left to make and should go well with Munster back.

going full circle and planning no trades or do something like Trindall to Hands to start the Hynes bank.

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 3:50 am