NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 24 - Responsibility is not a good look for me

Loomer
    Loomer

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 24 - Responsibility is not a good look for me - Page 34 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 24 - Responsibility is not a good look for me

Post by Loomer Wed Mar 29, 2023 7:56 am

Jumping Marlin wrote:

Given Fifita’s been injured (due back Rd 7), I think the risk he’ll lose his spot is not low.

5 try in 3 AKP wing spot at risk?
    Honey Badger
    Honey Badger

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 24 - Responsibility is not a good look for me - Page 34 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 24 - Responsibility is not a good look for me

Post by Honey Badger Wed Mar 29, 2023 8:18 am

Milchcow wrote:
    If you really want to gamble, I'd suggest playing Draftstars daily fantasy comps.

They have cheap to enter comps so you can do it on whatever your budget is. The scoring is similar to fantasy so you already know what players are good. And because every contest you get to pick a different team its a nice way to get rewarded for the good players that you can't get in your actual fantasy team

Yeah i just do the $5 full round comp most weekends. Good thing is you can pick Hoskings, Lawton etc and not have to worry about job security because you pick a new team each week
    Antipodean1
    Antipodean1

Post by Antipodean1 Wed Mar 29, 2023 8:22 am

King Assassin wrote:Whats a good squad value to have around this point of the season?

If you go to the Fantasy site and click on 'Rankings' you will see the top 10 teams have value of 11.5-11.9 mil.

I am top 1k and have 11.3m

Hope that helps.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Wed Mar 29, 2023 8:34 am

King Assassin wrote:

Fuck me imagine calling a starting edge in the NRL, shit Shocked let alone someone in an NRL squad at all.

Yeah okay, he's not shit. Shit would be me getting out there playing second row for the Panthers. I think he's struggled coming into that team and struggling with consistency. Maybe still learning structures and the way the team plays, who knows. I guess time will tell on who lands the full time gig.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Wed Mar 29, 2023 8:42 am

Welsh Mafia wrote:

As someone who's a healthy punting addict, I can agree with the above. Very invested in games and struggle to watch a game without having something on it, Fantasy fixes the urge though.

However if you do want to, I recommend spreadsheeting every bet you make so you can see in plain terms your profits/losses. The general punter doesn't track this and typically remembers only the wins, leading to huge losses. I've spreadsheeted every bet now for 4 years and if you do it right and are disciplined with staking and other factors, it can be done profitably and enjoyably... much like everything in life!
    I usually chuck 20 bucks in on a Saturday and play until I’ve lost it or make a bit of money and buy something I want as a treat. I’m not overly invested in it, just some fun during the week
    whall15
    whall15

Post by whall15 Wed Mar 29, 2023 8:43 am

I have the cash in reserve to go TMM and Doorey to Ford and Hosking. Thinking Hosking as a short term cash generator to bring in Hynes after the bye, though it does leave my team very forward heavy (and starting IKatoa and Warbrick this week).

Grant
    Haas Hopgood Murray
    Katoa Cartwright
    Boyd Cleary
    Alamoti Nully
    Miller Teddy Warbrick

Hosking Ford Preston Uto
    Loiero HSS ITT IKatoa

Feels a bit weird having Loiero in reserve this early on, but the cash generation seems too good. Thoughts?
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Wed Mar 29, 2023 8:50 am

multiple.scoregasms wrote:

My advice is not to.

When I used to bet on the games fairly regularly I would become emotionally invested and have poor emotional responses to losses.

Everyone will tell you they do about break even but the bookies always win (outside of matched betting)

In a work context I've seen people go from a $5 per game flutter to losing their house.

If you are looking for a hobby choose a different one

Pretty much spot on. I threw away heaps of dollars in my 20s. This was well before it was mainstream. In the last 3 or 4 years of punting I got a bit smarter about and starting being in profit at the end of each season, not by a whole lot. Ultimately still down overall from the silly years, but not any meaningful amount.

Slowly just scaled back to the point where I just deleted my last remaining accounts a year or two ago. Was a good feeling. Enjoying football a more as a result (but also don't feel the need to tune into every game). Haven't actually sat down and watched a full round of NRL yet this year (probably will this weekend though, determined to have a quiet weekend haha), which in years gone by would probably be the first month of games at least without fail. I've only watched one Broncos game properly.

In the end the over saturation in the media with gambling ads and fucking market updates really put me off the whole thing. It felt gross to be involved with.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Wed Mar 29, 2023 8:57 am

Loomer wrote:Is it horrible idea to plug HOK gap this week with Hands and hope for 25-30pts to leave cash in reserve maybe for Hynes after the bye?

Pretty much this for me this week, almost sure it's a lock. Collins or Sutton, or Doorey.

Last edited by Revraiser on Wed Mar 29, 2023 9:08 am; edited 1 time in total
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Wed Mar 29, 2023 9:07 am

Any updates as to Hands's contract status or exemptions?

I was told that he had an exemption while Mitch Rein was injured, but Mitch Rein is named to play reserve grade this week, so surely that can't be right.

At this point I'm not touching him unless we get info that he's been upgraded to the top 30.
    SoylentGreen
    SoylentGreen

Post by SoylentGreen Wed Mar 29, 2023 9:07 am

I'm considering skipping Cleary and going with Moses. Then work towards building bank for Hynes in Rd 7.

Also letting Hosking pass me by...
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Wed Mar 29, 2023 9:08 am

SoylentGreen wrote:I'm considering skipping Cleary

Stop right there, don't do this to yourself.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed Mar 29, 2023 9:13 am

ShadowSabre
    ShadowSabre

Post by ShadowSabre Wed Mar 29, 2023 9:23 am

Hmm Boyd and Fifita to Cleary and Ford is tempting me right now.

Probably risky dumping Fifita but feels like Cleary is an upgrade

Leaves me no HOK cover, but should be fine for this week and get another look at whether Hands might fit that mold
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Wed Mar 29, 2023 9:29 am

ShadowSabre wrote:Hmm Boyd and Fifita to Cleary and Ford is tempting me right now.

Probably risky dumping Fifita but feels like Cleary is an upgrade

Leaves me no HOK cover, but should be fine for this week and get another look at whether Hands might fit that mold

Who would you be captaining if you don't get Cleary?

I don't like selling either of those guys, but Cleary is Cleary, and if you don't have a good captain already then go ahead.

Post by Guest Wed Mar 29, 2023 9:30 am

Bethany_B wrote:Any updates as to Hands's contract status or exemptions?

I was told that he had an exemption while Mitch Rein was injured, but Mitch Rein is named to play reserve grade this week, so surely that can't be right.

At this point I'm not touching him unless we get info that he's been upgraded to the top 30.

Mitch rein has played in every game so far this year in NSWcup
    Back Nine Bandits
    Back Nine Bandits

Post by Back Nine Bandits Wed Mar 29, 2023 9:31 am

On the whole betting thing and it`s been touched on earlier.

I have found it has made watching NRL games much less enjoyable as your always riding your bet not wanting to lose your money. Now that I have stopped betting all together it`s a much better watch.

The other point is that very very few people end up in the positive after betting. It`s just not worth it.

The Draft stars point earlier is a great one if you really want to put your money somewhere.
    ShadowSabre
    ShadowSabre

Post by ShadowSabre Wed Mar 29, 2023 9:33 am

Bethany_B wrote:

Who would you be captaining if you don't get Cleary?

I don't like selling either of those guys, but Cleary is Cleary, and if you don't have a good captain already then go ahead.

I dont particularly like it either, but I do end up with a higher scorer in Cleary compared to Fifita and likely same or higher scorer in Ford compared to Boyd.

My captaincy options elsewhere are Grant (wasnt great last weekend), Hopgood and Haas otherwise.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Wed Mar 29, 2023 9:37 am

on betting the nrl it's too much risk for the return as any team can beat the other on it's day
    you get a better return at a lower risk betting on the football premier league because the results are pretty much as expected & you know who will get the attacking stats like goals/assists
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Wed Mar 29, 2023 9:42 am

ShadowSabre wrote:

I dont particularly like it either, but I do end up with a higher scorer in Cleary compared to Fifita and likely same or higher scorer in Ford compared to Boyd.

My captaincy options elsewhere are Grant (wasnt great last weekend), Hopgood and Haas otherwise.

i'm not going to put you off buying cleary but haas has scored 60+ in the 4 games so far so he seems a very good captaincy option
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Wed Mar 29, 2023 9:45 am

White Lightning wrote:

i'm not going to put you off buying cleary but haas has scored 60+ in the 4 games so far so he seems a very good captaincy option
    also cleary has a b/e of 80 so his price isn't going to move much so you could captain haas & get cleary next week

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 4:24 pm